Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:16:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?
I've been burned - 6 (13.3%)
I'm just a skeptical person - 16 (35.6%)
Shut up, you're a stupid newbie - 23 (51.1%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people have no faith in ICO's?  (Read 1072 times)
fork100

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:07:55 PM

Because for people most often new is not clear. And they are accustomed to work at the plant and receive ordinary paper money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
djkyno

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:10:47 PM

There is some people don't believe in ICO's projects because they have bad experiences in their past, or because they see many scam projects online, or heard about bad stories about such projects. But I think many other people still having faith in ICO projects because the number of investors in this projects keep rising with time.
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:15:36 PM

My fingers are itvhing for this one!  Grin

Let me give you some ideas:

- Because it's not normal that you give complete strangers 100's to 1000's of dollars in advance for some mediocre idea that might work out in a scene which is completely filled with mediocre ideas of which none actually are used in any way in real life but some went to the moon in pricing/valuation.
- Because people don't tend to be the most productive when they launched an idea, just got 15 million for that idea before they needed to achieve anything.
- Because investing in ICO's is not regulated (today, THAT might change tomorrow actually).  Nobody needs to be transparant about nothing.  You even have ico-generators.
- Because these days ICO-builders don't even speak English, just build a website, get some bounty army ready for them and start earning.
- Because this whole circus will end soon...

(and before you get some crazy ideas about me being frustrated on missing the boat: I made some good money on ICO's, I just think that the momentum has passed.)
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:19:11 PM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything

People have no faith in ICO's becuase some projects don't have a clear goal. There are also reports of fraud and they don't pay in a signature campaign that is why advertising is very minimal.
Udrujex

Activity: 87
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:21:57 PM

People are afraid of being scammed. SOFT  and HARD CAPS  in majority of ICO's is more than 10-20 millions as usual There a lot of businesses,that can picked UP with such money.....
Melfoy72

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:24:31 PM

There is some people don't believe in ICO's projects because they have bad experiences in their past, or because they see many scam projects online, or heard about bad stories about such projects. But I think many other people still having faith in ICO projects because the number of investors in this projects keep rising with time.
of course in the past  we had bad experience many times. All of us remember BitConnect. Sad  And now we can see that less investors trust altcoins.

ityandsyn

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:39:07 PM

I just don't get why people aren't trying to push good projects more than they are trying to shoot down everything

Most of the ICO are good and only few of them are considered scam,They are the one initiate the project,They have full knowledge about the project that's why investors are really depend on them.
     Several ways of checking the credibility of ICO or the knowing the project itself, I suggest to join in their telegram first before joining the project. 
Vart4varta

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:07:42 PM

The word "scam" has practically become synonymous with the abbreviation ICO, meaning croweding of projects through the release of its own crypto currency. The format itself is not to blame for this, and there are enough decent and really worthy projects among the ICO. But the novelty of the topic, the heat of easy money and the almost complete lack of regulations turned this market into the Wild West, where no one is insured against fraud, neither by crypto-investors, nor by the ICO itself.
Wallflower28

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:19:11 PM

In reality, a lot of people wants to invest in ICO. Why? Because ICO is more profitable than bounties. But why they don't want to invest? Simply, because the developers of ICO are just communicating investors in the token sale but afterwards, they will gone instantly. Investor usually hang up in an ICO.

HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:23:20 PM

ICOs looks like startups in 2000-2005 every projects want light money. They haven't  any development but have good promotion and still nothing.
andregunawan1

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:08:04 AM

even though I was just beginning but I believe many people have successfully invested and I am interested, many people do not believe but many examples of people use ico and I am very confident
idioma1

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:20:27 AM

Maybe they became too skeptical after so much scam
Agathai

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:31:53 AM

Maybe they became too skeptical after so much scam
Yes, I have faith in ico. After the scam falls and the token value losses after ico. I am fortunate to realize that tokens also have a huge impact from market fluctuations. In other words, incremental bitcoin and crypto would be like strings attached to the majority ico pulling its value if you have enough patience and watch the market go through. Now, I believe in those ico bounty programs that have good and reputable bounty managers. Scam is almost eliminated and the opportunity to succeed with big profits.
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:34:59 AM

There are a variety of reasons. It could be just people don't know and haven't tried so not to believe. or anyone ever tried to follow but it turns out that the ICO scam because it used to be an awful lot of ICO scam than the original.

Old Bindu

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

KEEP CALM and HODL

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:37:28 AM

People do not believe in ICO because they very often lost their money. The one who lost her money once becomes a very suspicious. He can not be sure that this will not happen to him again.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
rharris001

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 04:08:37 AM

Many people either have no faith in ICOs or that faith has diminished. The reasons are (1) You are exercising "blind faith and trust" in the projects of someone you do not know. In an ICO where there is no transparency and revelation of the identity of people behind them, you might as well give your money to a stranger on the street and tell him to go buy you a loaf of bread. Odds are high, you will not see that bread. (2) Many ICOs are scams and Ponzi schemes that are no different than "Lending Platforms" in their "Modus Operandi." Grabbing your money and running off with it.

Many ICO creators understand a basic character defect many have: Greed and the desire to make a lot of money. Those two things are the bait and lure. Many are caught and left gutted and filleted at the end.

There are some good ICOs, however, but are difficult to spot. Yet, even with them, you are putting faith and trust that they will deliver.

EVERYTHING in crypto is a gamble and a risk. It is important that you know that if you decide to play in this space.

You would win big and you could lose big.

Nothing is guaranteed.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:31:35 AM

- Because it's not normal that you give complete strangers 100's to 1000's of dollars in advance for some mediocre idea that might work out in a scene which is completely filled with mediocre ideas of which none actually are used in any way in real life but some went to the moon in pricing/valuation.

- Because people don't tend to be the most productive when they launched an idea, just got 15 million for that idea before they needed to achieve anything.

This.

codeash

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 05:38:29 AM

This is due to previous results and bad track record of some ICOs. Many people don't analyze a crypto project and do not read whitepaper, they just invest directly. So investing without any research causes problem. Some ICOs don't give desired result and after that people hate ICOs and don't like investment in ICOs. But some ICOs with good project and strong team may give good returns. But finding good project is difficult. You need to differentiate gold from sand. But if you find a worthy project, then you may get good results.
lisalise

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 05:43:04 AM

I think that is because many media always mislead ppl about the success rate of ICO, actually there are many fake projects influencing the market. That's why ppl start losing confidence in good projects. I recommend MovieChain project led by Xender, and I think it will be a huge success. The website is: www.moviechain.io. you can follow to know more
cryptonata18

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:30:57 PM

In vain you say that people do not believe in ICO. I see and see the opposite. Many believe and invest, the main thing is not afraid and everything will be fine =)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: