Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:13:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is this true that GOOGLE will ban the ICO and crypto related ads?  (Read 3105 times)
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:54:31 PM

I got an interesting article titled "GOOGLE BANS CRYPTOCURRENCY ADS, BUT BITCOIN NOT AFFECTED" - well, can't say anything so fast, the affect will come forward in a few weeks.

https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/bitcoin-not-affected-at-googles-ban/
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:01:25 PM

I got an interesting article titled "GOOGLE BANS CRYPTOCURRENCY ADS, BUT BITCOIN NOT AFFECTED" - well, can't say anything so fast, the affect will come forward in a few weeks.

https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/bitcoin-not-affected-at-googles-ban/

It could be said that Bitcoin's price will be affected because people aren't buying it to hand straight over to scammers, however there are enough places to buy ETH directly these days and that's where most this crap is mired in.

I'd prefer a minor hit rather than continue to subsidise lying and dishonesty.
JillClarissa

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:21:07 PM

Government banning bitcoin, it would not be easy. But, google would be banning it, well, it would be another story. Is it really possible?
I do not think that Google will prohibit the advertising of ico and cryptocurrency. These ads will generate a lot of revenue for them, and I don't think Google will give up these big gains.
coiner27

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:29:52 PM

I guess it's true.. I've read another article from crypto news; that Google is starting to purge bitcoin ads. Facebook banned bitcoin already beacause they will make their own coins. Perhaps thats why Google is starting to ban bitcoin; they're going to do what Facebook did.
Janademir4

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:47:12 PM

I read an article about this please take a look

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/exclusive-google-quietly-purging-cryptocurrency-ads-content/

I'm not sure if this is true
what are your idea about this?

I don't think any official news has been published regarding this one. Anyway did you read the article completely? The article itself gives us proof that the crypto ads have not been banned yet and neither they are thinking to do so. Just check the snapshot from the article writer and you will see the mail conversation with google says that they have not banned any ads and there is issue with platform for displaying the ads at all.

Also, crypto currency is big market for the platform like Google because Crypto currency projects invest heavily on the ads and thus google benefit a lot from that.
I strongly agree with your opinion, the person who posted this topic did not read the article in its entirety, therefore he only concluded from half the article when if he read the whole there said that google does not prohibit advertising crypto currency in their flatform

paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:38:33 AM

Yes what you have read is true. At first I also thought that such new is a hoax and a speculation from others just to have a negative issue for Bitcoin however as I read the article I found it to be to true and that this agenda would be implemented this coming June.
keykey1

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:52:43 AM

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/exclusive-google-quietly-purging-cryptocurrency-ads-content/

I don’t believe that such famous services like Google and Facebook are against cryptocurrency projects. I can not understand this. Of course many projects are fail. But there are some of them which are very successful.
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 05:00:47 AM

This news is very unclear, the truth hasn't been found but it has a bad effect. As we see now, the current price has decreased and continues to decrease. And why google prohibits advertising while google is given advantage of crypto ads. Like the news that hit facebook yesterday but in fact ads are still running on facebook.

I think that this is a FUD news people that are trying their best to stop crypto and destroy crypto this is only means that crypto  is stronger than their business.

sd
chidrawarster

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:04:59 AM

This news is true, i have seen the headlines even on bloomberg channel and they have banned all crypto world related ads.We do not know the actual reason but they feel as if the crytpo currencies are losing the charm and has no value in the future.May be its their opinion or regulation also may be another factor as most of the countries have not yet approved the legality of crypto currencies.I feel in the coming days we may hear some positive news in this front as well.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Lwtelencio

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:55:25 PM

Thats not real that is only a rumors, don't directly believe those newses because some of that news is fake and made by people that are against on bitcoin. Google will never ban bitcoin because if they why still know we are using google to login on this forum.
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:01:45 PM

Thats not real that is only a rumors, don't directly believe those newses because some of that news is fake and made by people that are against on bitcoin. Google will never ban bitcoin because if they why still know we are using google to login on this forum.

Banning ico ads is not the same as "banning bitcoin".
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:05:56 AM

I don't think any official news has been published regarding this one. Anyway did you read the article completely? The article itself gives us proof that the crypto ads have not been banned yet and neither they are thinking to do so. Just check the snapshot from the article writer and you will see the mail conversation with google says that they have not banned any ads and there is issue with platform for displaying the ads at all.

Also, crypto currency is big market for the platform like Google because Crypto currency projects invest heavily on the ads and thus google benefit a lot from that.
I strongly agree with your opinion, the person who posted this topic did not read the article in its entirety, therefore he only concluded from half the article when if he read the whole there said that google does not prohibit advertising crypto currency in their flatform

No official statements from google that they will banned  bitcoin and other cryptocurrency from advertising,if they purging the ads maybe for some reason that is unseen . But this is not means a totally banned for bitcoin,unless they make their own coin that will compete btc.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:18:56 AM

Google had already made an announcement but there is no final notice and they have not implemented it. Not until there is a final decision there is nothing to worry yet. Google's decision will cause a major crash on traffic and income since thousands of people are already into cryptocurrency and so before they will make everything final they will conduct a proper study if will have a huge impact on their system. Also if they will ban anything related to cryptocurrency other browsers will surely gain from it or a new browsing enginge that is cryptocurrency friendly will replace google since this means millions of dollars in profit.
babycute123

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:15:31 AM

That's just rumors. No one goes crazy to give up a good piece of cake when it does not affect them
mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:53:46 AM

Yes i think its because the scammers who makes the new ICOs by only just showing fake information about ICO concept, technology and other fake information and get paid advertising from google and get huge interested traffic from google and create Billions of Dollars and make scam, So that is why google make this decision,
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 01:32:45 PM

Yes i think its because the scammers who makes the new ICOs by only just showing fake information about ICO concept, technology and other fake information and get paid advertising from google and get huge interested traffic from google and create Billions of Dollars and make scam, So that is why google make this decision,

but is this implemented already in google company ? why there are no news about this?

sd
Semaj123

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:45:05 PM

Google had already made an announcement but there is no final notice and they have not implemented it. Not until there is a final decision there is nothing to worry yet. Google's decision will cause a major crash on traffic and income since thousands of people are already into cryptocurrency and so before they will make everything final they will conduct a proper study if will have a huge impact on their system. Also if they will ban anything related to cryptocurrency other browsers will surely gain from it or a new browsing enginge that is cryptocurrency friendly will replace google since this means millions of dollars in profit.

I am hoping that Google will find another solutions to solve this problem. We can really accept the fact that so many ICOs that are only created to scam people and sad to know that its reputation has already been destroyed. This is why investors also are now so very vigilant when joining an ICO.
Sexie

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:09:48 PM

I read that also in ICO and crypto news that  google and the social media will ban crypto ads. But did not say exactly when this happen. If this gonna happen then transactions through internet will getting slow again. Everything will not be as easy as usual. Or even bitcoin popularity will be lowered. The life of any digital currencies as we all know are through sites in google , if it’s not them we can’t find bitcoin. But they must remember also that through  the very huge number of bitcoin users, ico, bounties, traders, miners and investors,  their company, the google is in progressive everyday.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
bobrova

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:33:44 PM

I think they're just rumors as of now. Correct me if I'm wrong.

First Facebook, now Google. I don't blame Google though. Those ICO and cryptocurrency are just either trash, scams, or shit ICOs. Remember those Binance, MyEtherWallet, etc phishing ads? Yep. People keep on clicking on those phishing link ads so Google has to do something about it, and here it is.

There has been news circulating about this all over the internet but we should only trust an official information from Google regarding this. As you mentioned, this is certainly possible keeping in mind so many suspicious ICOs being launched everyday. Because of few people , whole crypto community will suffer and even bitcoin prices will decline rapidly if Google really implements this. In the past Google has banned affiliate links like those of ClickBank and it affected the affiliate marketers badly.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 10:59:51 AM

I think they're just rumors as of now. Correct me if I'm wrong.

First Facebook, now Google. I don't blame Google though. Those ICO and cryptocurrency are just either trash, scams, or shit ICOs. Remember those Binance, MyEtherWallet, etc phishing ads? Yep. People keep on clicking on those phishing link ads so Google has to do something about it, and here it is.

There has been news circulating about this all over the internet but we should only trust an official information from Google regarding this. As you mentioned, this is certainly possible keeping in mind so many suspicious ICOs being launched everyday. Because of few people , whole crypto community will suffer and even bitcoin prices will decline rapidly if Google really implements this. In the past Google has banned affiliate links like those of ClickBank and it affected the affiliate marketers badly.

yes this will be a big impact in bitcoin community but there are no any official statement from google according this issue of banning the crypto ads and ICO's advertisement I think they are just analyzing and understanding the scenario and possible outcomes

sd
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: