Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:11:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner  (Read 32778 times)
niko2004x

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:48:13 PM

Why does anyone talk about Monero only ? There are tens of cryptonight coins, much more profitable than monero, mineable with these Asics. Yes, Monero will fork, but no one forbids people to mine other coins and buy monero afterwards. And yes, other coins will be destroyed by so many powerful miners flooding the market, and most of those miners will ROI (not talking about those who paid the ridiculous price for the first batch). It will take time for these miners to become obsolete, as it's gonna take a lot of time for other CN coins to switch algo. Again, the planet doesn't revolve around Monero, wake up people.

But i still find it funny how all companies released a cryptonight miner at the same time. As if it was a single company under different names, controlling the miner's market.

XMR have 950Mh (700 Mh of which is estimated to be asics), ETN have 320Mh, GFT+IPBC+SUMO have <150Mh combined, other coins have <60Mh combined.
If XMR and ETN forks then first batch of bitmain will have estimated payback period around 8 months at best. If GFT, IPBS, SUMO forks it will be 2 years at best.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ght3d

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:46:31 PM

Why does anyone talk about Monero only ? There are tens of cryptonight coins, much more profitable than monero, mineable with these Asics. Yes, Monero will fork, but no one forbids people to mine other coins and buy monero afterwards. And yes, other coins will be destroyed by so many powerful miners flooding the market, and most of those miners will ROI (not talking about those who paid the ridiculous price for the first batch). It will take time for these miners to become obsolete, as it's gonna take a lot of time for other CN coins to switch algo. Again, the planet doesn't revolve around Monero, wake up people.

But i still find it funny how all companies released a cryptonight miner at the same time. As if it was a single company under different names, controlling the miner's market.

XMR have 950Mh (700 Mh of which is estimated to be asics), ETN have 320Mh, GFT+IPBC+SUMO have <150Mh combined, other coins have <60Mh combined.
If XMR and ETN forks then first batch of bitmain will have estimated payback period around 8 months at best. If GFT, IPBS, SUMO forks it will be 2 years at best.

How about Stellite, Turtle, Bitcoal , Dero, Edollar and a dozen other tradable CN coins? Most of them just started and are more profitable to mine. Each week there's a new one coming out, keeping the original cryptonight algorithm. I hope it's gonna be like you say, otherwise all small miners with will get smashed like bugs.
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:01:55 PM

I thinks once Monero dev finished and pushing their code to master branch, it will take no brainier for other CN coin based dev (ETN, TRTL, ITNS, SUMO, etc.) to just pull and merge it to their code base.
It will had a different story if they dont want to change their CN algo into V7 because they want to suck the profits with this bastard ASIC miners by themselves and let it die. Let's wait and see.
But for sure ASIC is plague. See how the destroyed SIACOIN.
ciciteng

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:05:34 PM

is ETN (Electroneum) going to block this ASIC with a fork?

I heard in their Q&A session, yes, they will. Just wait for the Monero dev finished and push the final code into their master branch, and technically every other dev can just pull and merge in their code base.
niko2004x

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:07:55 PM

How about Stellite, Turtle, Bitcoal , Dero, Edollar and a dozen other tradable CN coins? Most of them just started and are more profitable to mine. Each week there's a new one coming out, keeping the original cryptonight algorithm. I hope it's gonna be like you say, otherwise all small miners with will get smashed like bugs.

Other coins have <60Mh combined.
TRTL, EDL, DERO probably fork too (https://medium.com/@turtlecoin/take-your-baikal-and-shove-it-up-your-asic-b05c96187790, https://twitter.com/EdollarCash/status/973233457902989312, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2525508.msg32350727#msg32350727).
Bitcoal has only ~0.3Mh.
I think most cryptonight coins with active developers will follow XMR (if fork succeed).
DigitalCruncher

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:11:38 PM

Lmao this is just getting amusing now. There is no way in hell any of this is a coincidence whatsoever. At this point anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind fool/payed shill. There is no way multiple companies within a few days finished designing a CryptoNight ASIC all at once to launch lmao.

I wonder how many people payed BTC/BCH/LTC already and are regreting every second of it.

That's got me wondering about Equihash, and other algo's. 

Perhaps Trubus is the new wave?  Who knows right? 

Equihash is FPGA-able and ASIC-able too, just like Cryptonight, by the same technology.

Every useful coin will get it's ASIC, including nist5, tribus and others mentioned in context of two lost algo's of Baikal X10. And the Ethereum will be probably the last one because of I/O complexity.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:14:05 PM

i heard that asic manufacturers will provide updates to asic owners so they can still mine even after forks
is this information true or just bullshit ?

ASIC CAN NOT BE "upgraded".
They are fixed to doing whatever they were designed to do and that CAN'T be changed.

I suspect that ETN is planning to do the "wait for the Monero algo fork then adopt it" plan in their eventual fork - makes sense to have multiple coins move to the SAME algo for ease of miner support.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
sylabis

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:46:38 PM

These coins have little liquidity though, hard to dump them in the market when there's so little volume traded daily

Exactly, you're lucky if the 24 hour volume in most of the Cryptonight Alt coins is 1-2 BTC( the likes of GRFT, IPBC & SUMO have all confirmed a V7 change anyway). ASIC miners have been focused on XMR because it's the only Crytonight coin that has the volume/ liquidity to support any kind of selling( 24hr volume = 6000BTC). The only Cryptonight coin that has any kind of volume to support ASIC miners would be BCN.(300BTC), XDN( 300BTC), and ETN ( 150BTC).  BCN & XDN are barley profitable at the moment with small network hashrates( 5 & 10mh/s). So you start pointing ASCIS at them and difficulty will shoot right up making them unprofitable. ETN is the best candidate for an ASIC pump but it's only going to be short lived until they figure out how to change to V7   
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:52:45 AM

I think that most coins on Cryptonight are waiting for XMR to fork.  Once XMR forks then everyone else will follow suit.
wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:02:04 AM

These coins have little liquidity though, hard to dump them in the market when there's so little volume traded daily

What dude did you not read the previous posts. Stellite said almost immediately they were going to fork algo, Turtle and Edollar have also said they are forking. I don't follow Dero so I'm not sure. I don't get why people are under the impression it's going to take coins months after XMR to update the algo. If they truly want to fork and it's proven to work well I speculate most CryptoNight coins will be V7 within a couple weeks.

I like crypto
Captmario

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:06:19 AM

What dude did you not read the previous posts. Stellite said almost immediately they were going to fork algo, Turtle and Edollar have also said they are forking. I don't follow Dero so I'm not sure. I don't get why people are under the impression it's going to take coins months after XMR to update the algo. If they truly want to fork and it's proven to work well I speculate most CryptoNight coins will be V7 within a couple weeks.

Dero already announced their Anti-ASIC stance.
So far i have seen Monero, ETN, Turtle, IPBC, Graft, Edollar and Dero announce their Anti-ASIC stance and that makes up 95% of the cryptonight network anyways. So those ASICs are probably going to waste soon.
Blockhunter

Activity: 871
Merit: 505

Founder of Incakoin

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:06:00 AM

We are lowering our prices on Baikal Giant N you can order them from Itop for $2700 for a limited time. If you already ordered Baikal Giant N from iTop we will be giving coupons towards another purchase.

https://YankeeSeed.com
Cannabis Genetics
bovineplane

Activity: 153

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:20:25 AM

We are lowering our prices on Baikal Giant N you can order them from Itop for $2700 for a limited time. If you already ordered Baikal Giant N from iTop we will be giving coupons towards another purchase.

I would recommend going much lower. Not a chance these make that money back I would guess.
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:21:36 AM

i bought 3800USD from asicminermarket.com but,they have not ship yet. its bad dream. Cry Cry Cry
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:42:30 AM

i bought 3800USD from asicminermarket.com but,they have not ship yet. its bad dream. Cry Cry Cry

I wouldn't be surprised if you'll receive your miner when the Cryptonight algo fork takes place. Companies themselves use them as long as CN can be ASIC/FPGA mined.

Blockhunter

Activity: 871
Merit: 505

Founder of Incakoin

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:45:36 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if you'll receive your miner when the Cryptonight algo fork takes place. Companies themselves use them as long as CN can be ASIC/FPGA mined.
I can’t speak for asicminermarket but our orders from iTop will be shipping starting tomorrow from our first batch we ordered.

https://YankeeSeed.com
Cannabis Genetics
b9ron

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:03:22 AM

Just another competitor announced an ASIC 124 kh/s 245w for 1600 USD.

How it feel to waste your money ? Cheesy
FloppyPurpleGherkin

Activity: 306

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:07:26 AM

Bwahahaa makes Shitmains asic at $12k laughable
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:30:54 AM

Bwahahaa makes Shitmains asic at $12k laughable

Bitmain gave refunds their 3k now, and will be faster than 220kh.

deerhunter

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:57:37 PM

There's a seller on E-bay selling L3s giving away a D3 for free to the buyer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: