Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:54:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner  (Read 32778 times)
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:54:57 AM

If you read this thread you will see that iTop also is a reseller for Baikal and a trusted source.
I've started this thread...
I know, but it cost 4500 USD back then and I'm not sure if you allowed shipping to EU, there were shipping to US only I think.

So you think you'll be able to at least recoup a portion of your cost before the fork?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:19:22 AM

I can not reference my tracking number yet! Angry Angry Angry

I think like this.
They are desperately mining now and will send me N which is no longer needed once Monero finishes v7HF.  Grin Grin Grin
I will not buy it from asicminermarket.com again. Cry Cry Cry
Blockhunter

Activity: 871
Merit: 505

Founder of Incakoin

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 01:22:00 AM

If you read this thread you will see that iTop also is a reseller for Baikal and a trusted source.
I know, but it cost 4500 USD back then and I'm not sure if you allowed shipping to EU, there were shipping to US only I think.

So you think you'll be able to at least recoup a portion of your cost before the fork?
we have lowered our price to 2700 USD and anyone with a developer background knows you cannot just jump into a fork without thoroughly testing on a testnet. And also there is great risk involved, and this is crypto anything can happen. Bitcoin had this decentralized vision before ASIC’s also. This vision of CPU mining and it also evolved as other algorithms will evolve into ASIC mining. This ecosystem favors the bold and the risk taker but making the wrong decisions you can end up rekt. It’s hard to say at this point what could happen but never ever listen to the crowd. Crypto isn’t going away. Pandora’s box has been opened. There is a new future coming, a new asset class. Some say you will not recover but maybe that’s because their strategy sucks. Maybe they can’t hodl, maybe the only see what the markets are showing them today. My best advice is do lots of research. Make lots of new friends and listen to the chatter. Understand that some chatter might just be someone’s agenda. Most important thing to consider is what risk can you afford. Be patient and humble.
Best to you all.
~Blockhunter

https://YankeeSeed.com
Cannabis Genetics
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 07:40:38 AM

I think I have lot of time with ETN Cheesy My friend is really excited to play with it, hope he can OC it a lot Cheesy If it's true FPGA it should be no problem to update, there are no big changes, Baikal would fix all these trust issues with firmware update also.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:55:11 AM

Baikal N for 1590usd in stock. Is it still a bad price?

Check out this site for profitability, but if I were you I'd do my research on reddit, twitter, and on other forums.  Make sure you know what you're getting into, but with the fork you might as well be throwing away cash for an over priced brick tbh....

https://www.asicminervalue.com/

The fork is a complicated event. The questions are:

1) when will the form happen FOR REAL?
2) how many coins, after monero will fork?
3) How many coins will not?

These 3 crytical variables are the ones that should be taken in consideration when buying the Giant N or the Halogen x1/x2. They could be and remain money machines or be just not so good looking doorstoppers.

Anyone has an answer to my previous 3 questions?

1. http://xmr.noctism.com/ (countdown...7 days)
2. The others will follow very shortly, they just need to merge the changes into their codebase
3. Very few. Not worth mentioning. 95% or more of Cryptonight network is forking real soon.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:14:29 AM

You will get your miner, eventually,  you saved hundreds buying it from asicminermarket, but that comes at a cost, they are possibly mining on it till the fork, then theyd send it. Its an asic, a weak one, and tiny in comparison to others. It would have separate cores to run the Cryptonight lite algo. It cant be updated to cryptonight v7.

MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:22:30 AM

I think I have lot of time with ETN Cheesy My friend is really excited to play with it, hope he can OC it a lot Cheesy If it's true FPGA it should be no problem to update, there are no big changes, Baikal would fix all these trust issues with firmware update also.

1. I doubt its FPGA. No comfirmed sources yet, all just rumors
2. Monero will fork twice a year. I doubt Baikal is willing to keep upgrading that often.
3. Even if it does, Monero devs hate ASICS with a passion. I am 100% sure if Baikal tries to update the devices regulary they will take more drastic measures. For instance something like x16r algo.

The bottom line is if the coin devs wan't to fuck up ASICs they can and manufacturers can't do anything about it. Thats why I am sticking to GPU mining. I can always mine something no matter what and I can addapt to any situation. Lesser gains but way lesser riscs.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
oomurashin

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:47:49 AM

asicminermarket.com still sell FAKE ASICs.  Wink Wink Wink
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:32:26 AM

Yeah, Bitmain and Baikal has been mined Monero (or all cryptonight coin) from couple month ago before sell.
Every cryptonight coin is MUST forked to prevent ASIC.
All cryptonight coin will be prepairing to forked new pow algo, i'll support them
farmerjake

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:49:37 PM

asicminermarket.com send me FAKE DHL NUMBER Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

lost my 3800USD
Mine is not working either.

why do you order from asicminermarket.com? They have very bad reputation and a lot of claims of scaming ppl.
Because there weren't another options that day, with delivery to EU and only 1 pc.

Any update?

Is your tracking number still showing invalid?

I ordered mine on the 13th of March and no contact since...

Same shit. Fake tracking number. At this point flying out there and picking up my miners in person may make more sense.
vuli

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 02:45:31 PM

are you sure thats even legit site, they might be selling fog.

Unboxed - rowing community of people getting paid to do what they love to get a share of the $36 billion brands are spending annually on Facebook Ads
oomurashin

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:33:06 PM

lost my 3800USD

why do you order from asicminermarket.com? They have very bad reputation and a lot of claims of scaming ppl.
Because there weren't another options that day, with delivery to EU and only 1 pc.

Any update?

Same shit. Fake tracking number. At this point flying out there and picking up my miners in person may make more sense.

I am urging Asicminermarket.com to tell the correct number by email, but I have no reply.
They need to teach that they can not buy credit with money. BITMAIN company may be better just to sell on time. Undecided Undecided Undecided
I will continue to promote, but hope will be thin.

By the way, are there already products in other sellers? Is it @Blockhunter or @bittaw place? Wink Wink Wink
Blockhunter

Activity: 871
Merit: 505

Founder of Incakoin

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 04:18:13 PM

lost my 3800USD

Any update?

I am urging Asicminermarket.com to tell the correct number by email, but I have no reply.
They need to teach that they can not buy credit with money. BITMAIN company may be better just to sell on time. Undecided Undecided Undecided
I will continue to promote, but hope will be thin.

By the way, are there already products in other sellers? Is it @Blockhunter or @bittaw place? Wink Wink Wink
we have a good reputation and will always be that way. I feel bad that so many chose to try for the best price for a premium product. The old saying holds true if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. But if you are in need of a good source you guys can send our sales team a message james@itop-Corp.com

https://YankeeSeed.com
Cannabis Genetics
oomurashin

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:46:12 PM

As soon as I sent to asicminermarket.com "I want to buy" with a different email address, a reply came. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
alizali

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:53:06 PM

is there anyone here have the baikal GN and power it and turn it ON and mine with it?
Edj125

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:10:05 PM

I ordered a Giant B from them on January 2nd.

It shipped Jan. 22.   Sad Shocked Undecided
oomurashin

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:18:12 PM

That was pretty good.Cheesy Did you receive the correct tracking number? Roll Eyes
I also bought GiantB's first batch from Bittaw, but it was also delivered at the end of January. Grin Grin Grin
Edj125

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:34:55 PM

That was pretty good.Cheesy Did you receive the correct tracking number? Roll Eyes
I also bought GiantB's first batch from Bittaw, but it was also delivered at the end of January. Grin Grin Grin

Yup, and it arrived in just 2 days from China to Texas, USA
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:48:32 PM

As soon as I sent to asicminermarket.com "I want to buy" with a different email address, a reply came. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Very strange behavior of BAIKAL. Here is a lot of claims from asicminermarket.com buyers, which ruin the BAIKAL reputation, too.
If they announce who is their real distributor, resaler or dealer, and who is a scam artist, buyers will be more protected.
They know, to whom they sell their units. It is very easy for them  to point on scam business. If they want. With such situation it looks like that they support this practice.  Angry Angry Angry
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:09:05 PM

many people warned here about asicminermarket, next time listen to the people

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: