Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:48:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner  (Read 32775 times)
xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:20:55 PM

Weird, I'm looking at the global Cryptonight hashrate and don't see any big changes in difficulty. Thought that we would see a massive spike in difficulty.
https://www.cryptunit.com/global

You are looking at the wrong period. Hashrate had already spiked before this chart.

Instead see this, https://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/monero-network-hashrate-chart, drag the bar at the bottom all the way to the left and you will see that it was 290 MH/s in Dec and spiked to 1000 MH/s by first week of Feb. 3x in three months.

Edit: Actually more than 3x in less than 2 months.
Yeah, ASIC manufacturers has mined cryptonight with their ASICs at least since January
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:06:19 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Did anyone order N+? Wink Wink Wink

Hmmm the Baikal N+ cost now 2499usd and have an hasing power of 80 KH/s and using 120W . The Halongen X2 costs 3000usd and and 248 KH/s and using 490W.

The Baikal N+ to be price competitive should cost not more than 970usd (just comparing the power hash rate and doing some easy calculations) without even considering the much better power efficency of the Halongen. Also some people are already receiving some Halongen miners and shipping with halongen seems to be VERY fast. I am not promoting this or the other company. I am just reporting some experiences and my experience. Dealing with Baikal directly is a pain in the butt. Dealing with Richard at Halongen is super easy and smooth.

Also even if you order the Baikal N that is "in stock" it will take anyway not less than 15 days to arrive. AT LEAST. They are slow as hell at shipping.

Also, Asicminermarket is the only company having the new Baikal N+ as far as I can see. So OR they are very "tight" with Baikal or they know how to mod the firmware. I would opt for the 1st option.

Baikal started the right way with "right" prices but then they went in the wrong direction increasing the prices like crazy. A ROI of 4/5 months nowdays is too dagenrous to be kept in consideration.

I am glad that some people see how bad company BECAME BAIKAL.
They just want your money ! They don't care if you will ROI or if the next day the miner will be doorstop.

Duh, they're all that bad. Turns out Baikal has been mining on these things since at least December. First they take the profit out, then they sell you the scraps at rates that will never pay for themselves.

It's pretty simple, why would anyone EVER sell a machine that prints money? There is only one reason.... If they could make more money by selling the money printing machine than the amount of money that the money printing machine could produce. Stop wasting your money.

Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:36:08 AM

Weird, I'm looking at the global Cryptonight hashrate and don't see any big changes in difficulty. Thought that we would see a massive spike in difficulty.

Go back further and see how the difficulty has sky rocketed.  It's insanity, I'm grateful for the XMR update in 3 days.  At least my AMD rig which is solely dedicated to XMR will start earning me muchos dineros again..... Grin
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:35:11 AM

Go back further and see how the difficulty has sky rocketed.  It's insanity, I'm grateful for the XMR update in 3 days.  At least my AMD rig which is solely dedicated to XMR will start earning me muchos dineros again..... Grin

Ok, thanks for clearing this up! Should have used my own brain in the first place and zoomed a bit out Cheesy

oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:30:48 PM

here is monero classic!!!!!!!
http://monero-classic.org/  ASICfrendly Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:01:44 PM

Oh Cheesy Well, will see if Bitmain release ASIC with V7 or this classic algo Cheesy

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
m5

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:50:26 PM

Their github repository is just clone of monero from Oct 2017 without any commits since then. And was created just yesterday. I doubt they will manage to spread the "XMC" to people and pools in 2 days without any software ready. But maybe they want to mine privately first...
agapes

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:55:25 AM

Anyone know about Baikal Giant-N Plus??
with 80Kh cryptonight??
is that overclocked by factory or firmware updated??
https://asicminermarket.com/product/baikal-giant-n-plus-miner/
Wananavu99

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:20:42 AM

bitmain is throwing a hissy fit...haha...oh well, I wonder if it's going to have any traction.  XMR has a very vibrant community, not sure if bitmain can pull its weight with "monero classic"..  Smiley

Edit:  Basically a war of sorts has started between the big centralized Asic manufacturers and the communities of those coins.  With XMR updating and some Cryptonight coins also updating I'm now wondering about Etash with ETH, ETC etc.  Also Equihash, time to pay more attention to the difficulties on these networks.  When they suddenly increase, it should give us an idea that one of the manufacturers is probably mining with Asics. 
stash2coin

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:27:01 AM

Monero community could be vibrant, but good question is why the monero devs didnt increased the scratchpad size from the current size (2Mb), fpga miners are not affected by this fork Wink
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:32:53 AM

what is the fpga miners ?
I am wait monero's fork because after this, all virus miners switch's off and we see how many computers was infected

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
m5

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:45:47 AM

Monero community could be vibrant, but good question is why the monero devs didnt increased the scratchpad size from the current size (2Mb), fpga miners are not affected by this fork Wink
Because that would significantly hurt CPU miners.
Wananavu99

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

I talked to another cryptonight coin developer about fpga, he said that it's cost prohibitive due to memory restrictions.  So there goes fpga out the door, cause I was thinking fpga too. 
Grumo

Activity: 430
Merit: 22

Professional user

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:07:34 PM

how to set the correct diff to mine?

bTCBTCbiᴛcoinᗷTCethDOGEzecⅬTCUSDT
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:05:11 PM

how to set the correct diff to mine?
Static diff? Well you can't put it in the wallet address so you probably can't.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
whitefire990
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:44:45 PM

I talked to another cryptonight coin developer about fpga, he said that it's cost prohibitive due to memory restrictions.  So there goes fpga out the door, cause I was thinking fpga too. 

I'm developing many algorithms for the Virtex Ultrascale+ VU9P on the VCU1525 board and this FPGA has 47MB of internal SRAM, enough for 22 instances of Cryptonight V7.  Your developer friend is gravely mistaken.
Having said that, Cryptonight V7 is not the most profitable algorithm for FPGA's at the moment, but high end FPGA's always beat GPU's, and ROI for the high end FPGA's are around 50-110 days vs. years for GPU's.
I will be releasing my bitstreams (to the public) soon, my current plan is to release them for free with a 4% mining fee.  And you would need to buy your own FPGA boards from Avnet/Digikey/Xilinx/Digilent/Hitechglobal/Bittware, etc...

ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:47:46 PM

I'm developing many algorithms for the Virtex Ultrascale+ VU9P on the VCU1525 board and this FPGA has 47MB of internal SRAM, enough for 22 instances of Cryptonight V7.  Your developer friend is gravely mistaken.
Having said that, Cryptonight V7 is not the most profitable algorithm for FPGA's at the moment, but high end FPGA's always beat GPU's, and ROI for the high end FPGA's are around 50-110 days vs. years for GPU's.
I will be releasing my bitstreams (to the public) soon, my current plan is to release them for free with a 4% mining fee.  And you would need to buy your own FPGA boards from Avnet/Digikey/Xilinx/Digilent/Hitechglobal/Bittware, etc...

Amazing. Can't wait for that. Do you have an estimated date?
whitefire990
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:55:17 PM

Amazing. Can't wait for that. Do you have an estimated date?

First public-ready algorithms should be done around mid to late June.  However I am hesitant to 'release' the bitstreams unless numerous algorithms are available.  I wouldn't want someone to invest $10K in hardware with only 1 or 2 algorithms in case those coins profit or ROI suddenly changes.  A good investment would be to have 4-5 algorithms available, making the hardware more secure against market changes.
Anyway, once people start mining with PC's linked to numerous high end FPGA cards, they will be 'immune' to forks since the algorithms in the FPGA's can be changed as fast as developers can fork their coin, actually faster in most cases since even a poorly tested rig can still mine, whereas a coin cannot fork until the new setup is heavily tested.

Gongolo

Activity: 374
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:04:42 PM

First public-ready algorithms should be done around mid to late June.  However I am hesitant to 'release' the bitstreams unless numerous algorithms are available.  I wouldn't want someone to invest $10K in hardware with only 1 or 2 algorithms in case those coins profit or ROI suddenly changes.  A good investment would be to have 4-5 algorithms available, making the hardware more secure against market changes.
Anyway, once people start mining with PC's linked to numerous high end FPGA cards, they will be 'immune' to forks since the algorithms in the FPGA's can be changed as fast as developers can fork their coin, actually faster in most cases since even a poorly tested rig can still mine, whereas a coin cannot fork until the new setup is heavily tested.

I think you should open you own thread when ready, this topic will be of great interest.
Wananavu99

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:54:29 AM

Thanks for the heads up brother,

Cheers

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: