Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:18:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529005 times)
Pita

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:18:36 AM

Mohammed Akram, which apparently also goes by Muhammed Akram or Mohammed Jafar Akram or Mohammed Mubasher Akram. When looking these personas up with relation to Alpha Technologies, their birth years come up as 1948, 1987, and 1990, respectively.

To be fair, that could easily be a father and two sons.  Mohammed is a very common name for a large percentage of the world.

Like you say it's common amongst some cultures to share the same name. Not surprised by this at all. Father and two sons quite feasibly.

Cam't rule out father and sons perhaps, but odd to change director positions within a month or so between father and each son. But either way, if they came out publicly and presented themselves in persona, maybe a lot could be cleared up?!

If I read it right the father resigned as director and one of the other sons joined as financial director. From what I understand Alpha-T was setup off the back of an accountant firms which one of them was already involved in (can't remember the finer detail). so it may work out better this way (at least from a tax perspective) to organise their business in this manner.

Nope. They also own an accountancy firm. Alpha Technologies was formally Cheshire Technologies. Changed its name 22nd of July 2013. Less than six months ago.

here is the website for their accounting firm: http://www.akramco.com/ which was created October 16th, 2011 from the whois records. I guess Jafar is the son and also an accountant like his father. Mubasher must be the younger son and perhaps the engineer as one of the Alpha Technologies people introduced themselves here under the bitcointalk alias as one.

Stuff like that is helpful to shed some light behind this company and know who we are dealing with and if they can be trusted to an extend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pita

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:28:21 AM

http://thedailywallet.com/100/the-first-litecoin-asic-alpha-technology

"A quick look into Alpha Technology (INT) Ltd (Company No: 08483921) shows a very very new company, founded only in April this year, with two directors:

MR MUHAMMAD AKRAM and MR MOHAMMED MUBASHER AKRAM, presumably a father and son team. Mr Muhammed was previously director of a dissolved Cheshire Technology Ltd, and also a director of the again recently established M AKRAM & CO Ltd.
Of course, while there is no indication that anything un-toward is going on, we would stress caution to potential buyers, in that – as the first Litecoin ASIC miner at the pre-order stage, the company is clearly not backed by any substantial funding, and should any part of the technology fail, fall through, or their contracts with the manufacturers / supply chain, or anything along that rocky-road fail – then it will be your money that is lost in the process."
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:30:48 AM

http://thedailywallet.com/100/the-first-litecoin-asic-alpha-technology

"A quick look into Alpha Technology (INT) Ltd (Company No: 08483921) shows a very very new company, founded only in April this year, with two directors:

MR MUHAMMAD AKRAM and MR MOHAMMED MUBASHER AKRAM, presumably a father and son team. Mr Muhammed was previously director of a dissolved Cheshire Technology Ltd, and also a director of the again recently established M AKRAM & CO Ltd.
Of course, while there is no indication that anything un-toward is going on, we would stress caution to potential buyers, in that – as the first Litecoin ASIC miner at the pre-order stage, the company is clearly not backed by any substantial funding, and should any part of the technology fail, fall through, or their contracts with the manufacturers / supply chain, or anything along that rocky-road fail – then it will be your money that is lost in the process."

Very well said
retro72

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:45:08 AM

here is the website for their accounting firm: http://www.akramco.com/ which was created October 16th, 2011 from the whois records. I guess Jafar is the son and also an accountant like his father. Mubasher must be the younger son and perhaps the engineer as one of the Alpha Technologies people introduced themselves here under the bitcointalk alias as one.

Stuff like that is helpful to shed some light behind this company and know who we are dealing with and if they can be trusted to an extend.

Its interesting that they are happy to put their personal details on their accountancy site but no one wants anything to do with Alpha. We had to resort to internet sleuthing to get this info.

I've bought all the company documents for Alpha technology from the companies house UK website. I'll upload them to mega if anyone's interested. I haven't gone through them yet so I can't judge but its public record and might give those that care, an insight into the company structure.
Pita

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:55:16 AM

Its interesting that they are happy to put their personal details on their accountancy site but no one wants anything to do with Alpha. We had to resort to internet sleuthing to get this info.

I've bought all the company documents for Alpha technology from the companies house UK website. I'll upload them to mega if anyone's interested. I haven't gone through them yet so I can't judge but its public record and might give those that care, an insight into the company structure.
Definitely would be interested in what those documents have to show. I am still wondering how an accounting firm that was apparently established in 1987, with two locations only shows a 100 GBP capital.
retro72

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:04:51 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 01:22:52 AM by retro72

According to companies house M Akram and co was incorporated 08/04/2013 http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails

Changed from MAC ACCOUNTING SOLUTIONS LIMITED 29/05/2013
But according to their site http://www.akramco.com/about.html it was started in 1986?? Anyone want to clear this up?
retro72

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:12:48 AM

Not much of interest in these files but here they are anyway https://mega.co.nz/#!8sEUUIZQ!CBWadQgalEKYPRx6qQHaGXGhcMFmoFaOqaGK6dysC1g

Sheds a bit more light on who are the company directors and where Cheshire Technologies was based.
wasubii

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:59:21 AM

It's looking to me that these guys aren't here to cut and run with the coins (but don't take my word for it, do your own due diligence for god's sake).

It seems like they have connections in India to someone who reckons they can bang out a script ASIC. After all, its just circuit boards and chips and stuff.

The problem is, that it takes more than just connections to pull something like this together.

The management of this company have yet to explain what experience they have in managing a large project, on time, in an industry it seems they don't have any experience in.

Any one of us here could go find a board design company in China or India who could make a scypt ASIC. Then you just need a website and some vague promises and.... KERCHING... preorder money flows in and hopefully you will be able to make good on all your promises about price, timescale, hashing speed etc.

Thats what is happening here. Some family in a dingy part of Manchester who know someone in India who thinks they can make an ASIC. I wonder how much of their own money the Akrams have put into this venture. I would guess little to none. Why bother? just get the preorders to pay for everything.
That way if it all goes south, just walk away.

'So sorry, our Indian partners couldn't deliver and we have already spent all the preorder money - you accepted the risk, its not our fault'

or

'Our indian partners underestimated the costs of the boards, you can still have them but they will cost 4x more and be completely uncompetitive compared to GPUs'

retro72

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:04:21 AM

It's looking to me that these guys aren't here to cut and run with the coins (but don't take my word for it, do your own due diligence for god's sake).

It seems like they have connections in India to someone who reckons they can bang out a script ASIC. After all, its just circuit boards and chips and stuff.

The problem is, that it takes more than just connections to pull something like this together.

The management of this company have yet to explain what experience they have in managing a large project, on time, in an industry it seems they don't have any experience in.

Any one of us here could go find a board design company in China or India who could make a scypt ASIC. Then you just need a website and some vague promises and.... KERCHING... preorder money flows in and hopefully you will be able to make good on all your outlandish promises about price, timescale, hashing speed etc.

Thats what is happening here. Some family in a dingy part of Manchester who know someone in India who thinks they can make an ASIC. I wonder how much of their own money the Akrams have put into this venture. I would guess little to none. Why bother? just get the preorders to pay for everything.

'So sorry, our Indian partners couldn't deliver and we have already spent all the preorder money - you accepted the risk, its not our fault'

or

'Our indian partners underestimated the costs of the boards, you can still have them but they will cost 4x more and be completely uncompetitive compared to GPUs'

QFMFT
Exactly what I was thinking
Pita

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:06:04 AM

Any one of us here could go find a board design company in China or India who could make a scypt ASIC. Then you just need a website and some vague promises and.... KERCHING... preorder money flows in and hopefully you will be able to make good on all your promises about price, timescale, hashing speed etc.

or

well said! Pre-orders are out but no prototype is in existence yet. The only thing to quickly demonstrate for the pre-order was a FPGA, which who knows may also become the final product hidden in a black box ....
Pita

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:12:05 AM

Do not buy, this are terrorists!

You want Litecoin mining, Asus is gonna sell a special graphics card for Litecoin mining.

My wife asked me this question as well, but before calling them "terrorist", could you give more info on where you found that out?

Also, can you provide us a link for the ASUS stuff?
ZetaOS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:12:29 AM

Watching this threat already feels like loosing BTCBTC

Mine the easy way - CEX.io Build your own cloud miner!
Goedkoop bitcoins? www.koop-bitcoin.nl
retro72

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:17:03 AM

You want Litecoin mining, Asus is gonna sell a special graphics card for Litecoin mining.

I'll pretend I never saw this
wasubii

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:34:00 AM

Please take your racism elsewhere. It is not welcome here.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 02:38:46 AM

Mohammed Akram, which apparently also goes by Muhammed Akram or Mohammed Jafar Akram or Mohammed Mubasher Akram. When looking these personas up with relation to Alpha Technologies, their birth years come up as 1948, 1987, and 1990, respectively.

To be fair, that could easily be a father and two sons.  Mohammed is a very common name for a large percentage of the world.

Like you say it's common amongst some cultures to share the same name. Not surprised by this at all. Father and two sons quite feasibly.

Cam't rule out father and sons perhaps, but odd to change director positions within a month or so between father and each son. But either way, if they came out publicly and presented themselves in persona, maybe a lot could be cleared up?!

If I read it right the father resigned as director and one of the other sons joined as financial director. From what I understand Alpha-T was setup off the back of an accountant firms which one of them was already involved in (can't remember the finer detail). so it may work out better this way (at least from a tax perspective) to organise their business in this manner.

Nope. They also own an accountancy firm. Alpha Technologies was formally Cheshire Technologies. Changed its name 22nd of July 2013. Less than six months ago.

Do accountants in UK need a license to practice? I'm sure we can dig up their records and validate their business.

Pita

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:47:02 AM

Do accountants in UK need a license to practice? I'm sure we can dig up their records and validate their business.

You can find Jafar in Linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mohammed-jafar-akram/86/b3b/aba 
But I would guess one would need to have some kind of license, especially since they do reference them on their website as far as credentials go.

wasubii

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:48:22 AM

In the UK there are no licence requirements for individuals to describe themselves or to practise as accountants, but to use the description "Chartered Accountant" they must be members of one of the following organisations:

the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) (designatory letters ACA or FCA);

the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) (designatory letters ACCA or FCCA);

the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) (designatory letters CA); or

Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI, which is an Irish rather than a UK body but covers Northern Ireland as well as the Republic of Ireland), designatory letters ACA or FCA).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartered_Accountant#United_Kingdom
wasubii

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:49:49 AM

looks like a goddamn terrorist to me

Reported.
Pita

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:56:21 AM

/facepalm

Just because they are middle eastern doesn't make everyone a terrorist! I have plenty of friends that come from the middle east and they are not even close to what a lot of people describe them to be (terrorists, violent, dangerous, etc). Some of my friends and colleagues are the nicest, respectful, and kindest people I have met.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:07:17 AM

Reported.

This is why when I travel I say I'm Canadian...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: