Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:49:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:52:41 AM

by the time these miners are shipped LTC will be $10.  No one will be mining it as it will be unprofitable for GPUs  so only ASICs will be mining it and they will all be dumping the coin to get their ROI back.  So I see LTC market collapsing.

Actually, both BTC and LTC are still in large triangle formations, formed out of an up movement.  That says, in the next few months there will be a HUGE breakout to the upside.
Now, the TA may be wrong but at least there is something to that, unlike your personal opinion backed by nothing. (And pessimistic too boot).
Your guess may be right, but my money is on the TA side of things.

Wait and see, but thanks for your care in this matter.  Grin

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkHunter04

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:35:50 AM

I just wait, until this Asic Miners are tested from somebody trusted  Cheesy

Dont trust preordering Sites
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:00:19 PM

I just wait, until this Asic Miners are tested from somebody trusted  Cheesy

Dont trust preordering Sites

Thanks for adding that to the conversation...  Huh

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:33:22 PM

by the time these miners are shipped LTC will be $10.  No one will be mining it as it will be unprofitable for GPUs  so only ASICs will be mining it and they will all be dumping the coin to get their ROI back.  So I see LTC market collapsing.

Actually, both BTC and LTC are still in large triangle formations, formed out of an up movement.  That says, in the next few months there will be a HUGE breakout to the upside.
Now, the TA may be wrong but at least there is something to that, unlike your personal opinion backed by nothing. (And pessimistic too boot).

Its about sharing

Yes a triangle formation that has a down trend with a stepper angle than the uptrend.  Meaning that the uptrend has a high probability of being broken.  Especially since thee uptrend did go parabolic. 

Your TA is fine but it isn't complete.  Right now BTC and LTC are trading on the support of that uptrend line.  The speed of the decline will result in a break of that uptrend and a new upward trend will have to be resolved.

I'm not pessimistic about BTC or LTC.  I do expect longer term it will be higher but by the time these miners are shipped LTC will be difficult to profit on.  I expect many of them will be on sale on ebay.
Gazza1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:37:08 PM

So is this company legit or what?

I want to hear from people that have done research.

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
anderl

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:57:12 PM

It is legit.  They are working with a know fabricator.  BUt I only question their competency.  I believe they are the owners of an ASIC design that was sold to them and they only know enough to understand the design.  There has been no report of any experience in FPGA and ASIC design or engineering previous to this.

They have been hyping expectations but do not realize that they are working with a company that is new to the 20nm ASIC market and are trying to make a name for themselves.  They also have not cautioned anyone on the potential that the fabrication process can be prone to errors and chip quality can vary.

Will they accept ASIC chips with quality lower than 70% and just pass that on to their buyers or will they promote high quality and reject chips of poor quality at the cost of their profits, and or result in delaying shipping as a result.

So it is not if they are legit or a scam.  It is what will happen when their backs are to the wall, will they put out bad products or will they focus on quality over profit margin.
Gazza1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:01:52 PM

It is legit.  They are working with a know fabricator.  BUt I only question their competency.  I believe they are the owners of an ASIC design that was sold to them and they only know enough to understand the design.  There has been no report of any experience in FPGA and ASIC design or engineering previous to this.

They have been hyping expectations but do not realize that they are working with a company that is new to the 20nm ASIC market and are trying to make a name for themselves.  They also have not cautioned anyone on the potential that the fabrication process can be prone to errors and chip quality can vary.

Will they accept ASIC chips with quality lower than 70% and just pass that on to their buyers or will they promote high quality and reject chips of poor quality at the cost of their profits, and or result in delaying shipping as a result.

So it is not if they are legit or a scam.  It is what will happen when their backs are to the wall, will they put out bad products or will they focus on quality over profit margin.

Exactly what I needed to hear.  So it seems then it may take quite some time.  Well said and Thank you Cheesy

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:10:01 AM

Hello fellow miners, I am a cryptocurrency entrepreneur from Colorado.

I have just contacted them with an investment offer, if they are interested I will be flying there soon and will report back with my findings (and pictures, lots of pictures). I have high hopes for this company and while I think they come off as "scamy" I believe they are genuine at their core.

just make sure you get back to us by the oh...say the 18th or 19th of Feb ...I did a paypal order with them on Jan 5th I think....I and a lot of others paid via paypal ...we or most of us will probably dump our alpha stuff...if we have no video or anything else of note by that point in time (45 day option of no product under paypal rules) I myself paid American Express and have another 15 days after this....I think someone told me master card is even longer

getting to the point they better put up or shut up on some video actual engineers telling us progress stuff like that imho or we all will likely walk with our paypal $$$$

thanks for your services in this in advance

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
anderl

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:13:28 AM

Its about sharing

So how's you TA doing?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:16:29 PM

I have just contacted them with an investment offer, if they are interested I will be flying there soon and will report back with my findings (and pictures, lots of pictures). I have high hopes for this company and while I think they come off as "scamy" I believe they are genuine at their core.

just make sure you get back to us by the oh...say the 18th or 19th of Feb ...I did a paypal order with them on Jan 5th I think....I and a lot of others paid via paypal ...we or most of us will probably dump our alpha stuff...if we have no video or anything else of note by that point in time (45 day option of no product under paypal rules) I myself paid American Express and have another 15 days after this....I think someone told me master card is even longer

getting to the point they better put up or shut up on some video actual engineers telling us progress stuff like that imho or we all will likely walk with our paypal $$$$

Searing

I don't think it is fair nor do I think you are speaking for "most" people as you put it regarding refunds.
To expect something working 45 days after you put down a deposit, when all they had was a road map and a basic design shown operating in an fpga, is a bit far fetched.
I do look forward to a working prototype (for sure before Alpha Technology asks for the remaining money!) but 45 days from order is a bit much. I'm not sure KNC
even had a working model when they first took orders and they are the GOLD standard. (Not that that matters, but it is worth saying).
We are in a good situation only having put down a reasonable amount of money, when you consider we will need to see a working model before giving the rest.
And again, who showed a working ASIC model so soon? There might be one, but I know many didn't.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
anderl

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:36:51 PM

Searing

I don't think it is fair nor do I think you are speaking for "most" people as you put it regarding refunds.
To expect something working 45 days after you put down a deposit, when all they had was a road map and a basic design shown operating in an fpga, is a bit far fetched.
I do look forward to a working prototype (for sure before Alpha Technology asks for the remaining money!) but 45 days from order is a bit much. I'm not sure KNC
even had a working model when they first took orders and they are the GOLD standard. (Not that that matters, but it is worth saying).
We are in a good situation only having put down a reasonable amount of money, when you consider we will need to see a working model before giving the rest.
And again, who showed a working ASIC model so soon? There might be one, but I know many didn't.

IAS

Gridseed. They didn't start taking orders until they actually had a product to ship. They are the gold standard.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:40:49 PM

Searing

IAS

knc had a prototype MARS a proof of concept machine and other stuff within the 45 days.....interviews with reporters looking the plant over that kinda thing

an't too much to ask they don't have to be shy

just saying if you got cold feet you can yank with paypal  credit card option 45 days ..they can't keep 20 percent as their FAQ states.....with amex I have 60 days..but
likely if still nothing to show even a hopeful video with a white board and such...will likely punt

I don't think they are a scam..but don't want to wait till nov 2014 either

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
anderl

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:59:52 PM

Searing

IAS

So how is your TA doin?  I got my $14 LTC.  Did you get any or are you still HODLing?
broken_pixel

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:11:51 AM

So...... How is the transparency coming along?

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:50:20 AM

Searing

IAS

So how is your TA doin?  I got my $14 LTC.  Did you get any or are you still HODLing?

I honestly bought my LTC at $3, was lucky, just wanted to diversify, wasn't in it to profit, but I did. I got my bitcoin at 150 or so, sold some to pay off my initial investment at 750 and 800 and now I'm sitting on free BTC (so to speak). I'm done trading, the time was just too much. I will use TA to add on dips to pick up fractions of BTC here and there, lol.
So, my TA is, or was doing quite well.  Grin

Regarding the KNC comparison, fair enough, but Alpha Tech has, what looks like now, the 2nd Scrypt ASIC to come, or that will come out. Much more difficult as the designs aren't open source (not that all the SHA256 are, but there is a base from which to work. Hopefully Alpha makes it. They are looking legit to me, that is no longer a concern.

Since Gridseed did it, hopefully Alpha can to, but Gridseed is Super expensive, guess we missed the initial entry there. I still could have tried, as I noticed it,
but no "CE" symbol on their chips would have them sent back at German customs to country of origin (if stopped - not a chance worth taking). Rather go the legit route.

Searing, you weren't just saying you "could" return in 45 days you said "most" would. That is what I called you out on. But thanks for the further information, always good to know our rights.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:41:03 AM

Searing

IAS

I honestly bought my LTC at $3, was lucky, just wanted to diversify, wasn't in it to profit, but I did. I got my bitcoin at 150 or so, sold some to pay off my initial investment at 750 and 800 and now I'm sitting on free BTC (so to speak). I'm done trading, the time was just too much. I will use TA to add on dips to pick up fractions of BTC here and there, lol.

Regarding the KNC comparison, fair enough, but Alpha Tech has, what looks like now, the 2nd Scrypt ASIC to come, or that will come out. Much more difficult as the designs aren't open source (not that all the SHA256 are, but there is a base from which to work. Hopefully Alpha makes it. They are looking legit to me, that is no longer a concern.

Since Gridseed did it, hopefully Alpha can to, but Gridseed is Super expensive, guess we missed the initial entry there. I still could have tried, as I noticed it,
but no "CE" symbol on their chips would have them sent back at German customs to country of origin (if stopped - not a chance worth taking). Rather go the legit route.

Searing, you weren't just saying you "could" return in 45 days you said "most" would. That is what I called you out on. But thanks for the further information, always good to know our rights.

IAS

point taken..but i think most would in the sense unless we see some video of some kind..even knc had some video and independent press interviews..tours of the plant...here is where such in such is gonna go that kinda thing ...so far alpha has to the best of my knowledge showed us the office couch more or less

they need to step it up put some video up and some people behind the product...sure most of us probably think it is not a scam..but that don't mean we should not ask to see or just plain ask what they are up too

thus my beef...so far it looks like me and my buddy with a friend that can make us a chip in india.....all well and good ...but should look a little better then me and my friend slapping stuff together and informing folk

this is not to be harsh...but come on this is all we are getting so far for our 1/3 investment?

Searing

anderl

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:02:16 PM

Searing

IAS

IAS

I want asking about your old stakes ta from a few months back. I stated an opinion on where btc and ltc were going and you attacked it assuming it wasn't backed by ta and your ta showed it is in  an  uptrend. The long term uptrend was broken and needs to be established again.  So as  you point out you long term buy and hold (ta?)  is working for you but your actual ta did not show you an intermediate trading opportunity. It could be the result of ownership bias. You are invested in the market and that can cloud judgement. You need to clear your mind off the fact you are an existing owner of coins. Create another account to trade with and lock your buy and hold coins in cold storage away from exchange access. If keeps your trading sharp.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:37:51 PM

Searing

IAS

IAS

I want asking about your old stakes ta from a few months back. I stated an opinion on where btc and ltc were going and you attacked it assuming it wasn't backed by ta and your ta showed it is in  an  uptrend. The long term uptrend was broken and needs to be established again.  So as  you point out you long term buy and hold (ta?)  is working for you but your actual ta did not show you an intermediate trading opportunity. It could be the result of ownership bias. You are invested in the market and that can cloud judgement. You need to clear your mind off the fact you are an existing owner of coins. Create another account to trade with and lock your buy and hold coins in cold storage away from exchange access. If keeps your trading sharp.

And how am I to know that you are talking about a few months ago? LOL
Like I said, I'm not longer trading as it just isn't worth my time. Yes, I feel I'm good enough to make more trading than holding, but it just isn't worth the 20 hours a week I was spending!
If you find the post and PM me with it, perhaps I can give a fair reply, but it sounds like you are holding onto something that I have no recollection of. I hope you don't hold it against me.  Wink
I don't deny being invested clouds judgment. We are all subjective creatures, very hard to see out of our reality tunnels.

All the best,
Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
diego2000

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:39:56 AM

Here is their latest update:

http://alpha-t.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/12th-feb-2014b3.jpg
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:06:48 AM

will i be able to mine doge with this? and any scrypt coin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: