Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:56:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:23:02 AM

Woot, my 2.5 GH just turned to 9.0 GH?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:44:38 AM

Bloody hell how many did you buy??? 

BTW, not to hijack this thread. But your feed a child charity is a pretty cool thing to do brother. Its a shame  this stuff doesn't make the news but Mark Crapeles and his ilk does.

I'll be sure to donate a few spare satoshis tomorrow. Keep up the good work man!
johnnydeeper

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 06:29:15 AM

I too have ordered one.  Got the news of the upgrade but still not 100% satisfied yet with updates.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:37:34 AM

@ Its about the sharing.

My only ulterior motive is to not see the same scam happy shit storm that was BTC asic development happen to LTC.
You may be happy to bury your head in the sand and pray a completely novice startup, run by guys I've got whiskey older than, working out of an abandoned kebab shop won't lose even more bitcoin millions.  I'm not

You seem to think the failure of a company like Alpha only affects their customers. It doesn't. It reflects on the whole crypto community.

If we keep lowering the bar we'll continue to get ripped off. Scammers are circling the crypto community like hungry wolves and all you seem to come up with is "Be positive man"

After the fall of Gox, we're just a couple of high profile failures away from mining for pennies again. So excuse me for wanting to make sure I protect something I've put years and thousands of £'s into.

BTW. It was the constant pressure from people like me that got Alpha to even show up here in the first place and my posts about KNC on this and the litecointalk thread got you this hastily cobbled together upgrade. But hey I'm just a hater right?

Anyway I'm done here. I was just hanging around to see what Alpha would come up with next. I was hoping they'd throw in a couple of strippers and a weekend in Vegas then I'd definitely be in.  Alas they didn't so I'm out of here.. Good luck.

I'm not trying to chase you away, what I'm saying is, you would do more good by being more realistic and giving EVIDENCE.
What good does it do attacking people who clearly have a business plan and are communicating it every step of the way?
Why are they scammers? Can't they just be a new company trying to get a product out? And they only asked for 30% down, no one else has or had done that.

You call it protecting, but it looks an awful lot like just plain attacking. Show me the evidence, you can't go attacking based on mostly groundless assumptions.
This form of protecting is like a woman who was hurt by one or two guys and now hates all guys who look remotely like the men who hurt her, and can't see any good in them. (I only mean this as an analogy, nothing personal meant.)

I think its great for you to show your side of things but just do it in a more productive and constructive way, it would help then. Just attacking looks just like attacking and nothing of substance.

That said, and related to what I said above, I am concerned about the wording of their recent release. Notice what I posted on their forum:

I've been fully behind Alpha Technology but I have a question. In the email I just received minutes ago, the first line states:

We are pleased and grateful to announce we were able to agree 90Mh/s with our partners and still start shipping as soon as July giving us a clear lead.

But two days ago on bitcointalk.org Fiaz said "...but the fact we were the first to start means we can guarantee shipping in July."
I know I've seen the "guarantee" mentioned before, as well as the Road Map mentioned July 15th.

I just defended Alpha Technology on the bitcointalk.org forum and a poster mentioned/questioned Fiaz about the use of the word "guarantee" regarding shipping.
Then the email came a few minutes after my post.

Are the changes going to push the shipping date back, are you trying to protect yourself by backing away from "guarantee", or?

Again, I'm behind the company but this small change in wording caught me off guard,
Sincerely,
IAS

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:17:23 AM

Bloody hell how many did you buy??? 

BTW, not to hijack this thread. But your feed a child charity is a pretty cool thing to do brother. Its a shame  this stuff doesn't make the news but Mark Crapeles and his ilk does.

I'll be sure to donate a few spare satoshis tomorrow. Keep up the good work man!

Oh, those 9 GH were just in my dreams. I wish I actually had that many. I do have an order for the small one, so that's still 16 MH.

Yeah, the Feed The Children was good in November and December last year, people were more generous then. I'll just safe keep what is currently there since it's not yet enough to buy a few bags. Thank you for your donations, the children appreciate it.

retro72

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:50:56 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 12:46:53 PM by retro72

Ah, a poor choice of words on my part. We are on schedule and very much expect to ship in July as has been the plan for a while now but of course there are never guarantees, my apologies.
@Its about Sharing.

This my friend is why I push so hard. Everyone else just let that guarantee statement slide. I didn't, neither did you. Now we have clarification. You may not like my methods but at least I'm asking the questions. Many of you aren't. It is not acceptable to throw around empty promises on internet forums. It makes you wonder what else is just an over zealous statement.

If you can be bothered, read through my posts you'll see I am not calling Alpha scammers. I think they are young chancers, in way over their heads and are making this up as they go along. Its all well and good when things are running smoothly but what if something goes wrong. Who on their team has the years of business and engineering experience to put it right?

You say they have a business plan. Was it in their plan to knock a 400% hole in their budget and re-open pre-orders half way through their development cycle? I don't think so.I think they will be very lucky indeed to meet their stated aims.

If you're happy with that equation, cool. But personally I think if people keep giving money to companies like this its only a matter of time before there is another massive crypto disaster.

There seems to be a lot of naivety in the crypto community. I don't know the demographics, but I'd surmise its because there are a lot of people who got a lot of "free money" and late comers desperate to get in on the gold rush, throwing money at these magic money making machines without even the slightest due diligence.

You keep going on about evidence. I have provided plenty throughout this thread. I paid for their company records, posted trading standards documents that question the legality of their refund policy. But you and many more of the Alpha T customers haven't bothered to read them, or dismiss me as a hater. You seem blindsided in your zeal.

There is an adage. "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me" This community has been fooled more than twice. Where do you think the shame lies? Isn't it time we did something about it?

In the interests of transparency I bought 2 Titans on launch day so I have skin in the game now. I hope for your sake and for the wider community that Alpha do make it. Just a couple of months after KNC Grin

Later
wilson1973

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:52:08 PM

Asked for my refund Wednesday, chased daily since, they've given me plenty of information about matching competitors hash rates, but nothing on the subject of my refund. I don't need time to consider my options, my option was for a refund @75% minus admin fee. I accept those terms and want my money.

Next week will get legal.
retro72

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:53:52 PM

As I don't like leaving stones unturned.

I called citizens advice today. They assured me that Alpha's refund policy is totally illegal under the distance selling regulations and they are referring Alpha Technologies to UK Trading Standards.

If you have cancelled with Alpha and only received part payment or just want clarity on the law I suggest you call them.

The No is 08454 04 05 06

Just because something is written on a company website. It doesn't make it legal.
retro72

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:54:47 PM

Asked for my refund Wednesday, chased daily since, they've given me plenty of information about matching competitors hash rates, but nothing on the subject of my refund. I don't need time to consider my options, my option was for a refund @75% minus admin fee. I accept those terms and want my money.

Next week will get legal.

Call the CAB, you're entitled to a full refund.
wilson1973

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:04:54 PM

I'll let you know the outcome.
retro72

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:23:06 PM

PM me if you would like the name of the person I talked to at Citizens Advice and/or the case number.
bizzyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001

Don't look at my signature!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 05:24:26 PM

PM me if you would like the name of the person I talked to at Citizens Advice and/or the case number.
I'm UK too, waiting on the value they would refund me if I was to proceed.
I'm in two minds.  Hold, or refund and buy some gridseed.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
   ░██████████████████▀██████░
█████████░░██████▀████████
█████████░░███▀▄████████
███████░░██░░▄██░░███████
██████▌░░░██▄▄██░░░▐██████
██████░░░░░█████░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░███░░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░█████
████░░░████▌░░░▐████░░░████
████░░░█████▌▐█████░░░████
███░░░███████████████░░░███
░█████████████████████████░
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
retro72

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:39:58 PM

I'm UK too, waiting on the value they would refund me if I was to proceed.
I'm in two minds.  Hold, or refund and buy some gridseed.

Given that choice. I'd stick with Alpha. Gridseeds are way overpriced and will be obsolete in a few months or dirt cheap. I'd be worried about burning my house to the ground with some of the junkyard engineering you have to do on those things.

But its not much of a choice.
wilson1973

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:42:36 PM

I've been known to use the CCJ & Sheriff route before, an effective low cost option.  I'm hoping it won't come to that.
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:18:28 PM

Given that choice. I'd stick with Alpha. Gridseeds are way overpriced and will be obsolete in a few months or dirt cheap. I'd be worried about burning my house to the ground with some of the junkyard engineering you have to do on those things.

But its not much of a choice.

Right on
bizzyb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 11:33:25 AM

Requested a refund for 2 x single 5mh (now 16mh).

I have been offered a refund of £233.75 for each one.

I guess my issue is if my order will subsequently be offered to, and bought by other consumers, I don't see any reason why my order should not be refunded 100% (maybe minus the admin fee).

I've asked for a more detailed explanation (from a UK consumer point of view).

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
█████████░░███▀▄████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
MONETARYUNIT
[/
wilson1973

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:52:14 AM

I'm not covered by DSR as this is a business to business transaction, I'm not too concerned by that. Alpha have initiated the refund but have delayed it until Friday, which I don't quite understand. I'll let you know whether I atually receive the funds after then.
bizzyb
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 04:25:04 PM

I'm going ahead and refunding though not exactly excited at the T&Cs loop hole..my choice...

"You are not classed as a consumer to us. Our devices are sold and are classed for business use, cryptocurrency mining earnings in the UK is classed as income and is taxable, our units are used purely for mining, therefore every customer is classed as a business-user. It is your duty to register as a business and class your mining earnings from our devices to the relevant governing bodies. As we are selling for business use only therefore our terms of conditions are what you have to comply by as you accepted before you ordered. It is irrelevant if your order is replaced or not."

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
█████████░░███▀▄████████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
MONETARYUNIT
[/
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:04:55 PM

I'm going ahead and refunding though not exactly excited at the T&Cs loop hole..my choice...

"You are not classed as a consumer to us. Our devices are sold and are classed for business use, cryptocurrency mining earnings in the UK is classed as income and is taxable, our units are used purely for mining, therefore every customer is classed as a business-user. It is your duty to register as a business and class your mining earnings from our devices to the relevant governing bodies. As we are selling for business use only therefore our terms of conditions are what you have to comply by as you accepted before you ordered. It is irrelevant if your order is replaced or not."

Not exactly a miner-friendly policy.  -1 for AlphaTechnology.
johnnydeeper

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 12:33:55 AM

How many of you have asked for refunds?  Just curious.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: