Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:29:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:30:03 PM

KGW/DGW will eat these heavy-weight miners alive.

The vanilla Scrypt non-KGW/DGW coins better get a whole lot more profitable real quick cause that's gonna be about all these miners will be able to mine on.

There'll be plenty of profitable scrypt coins around ... it all depends who can ship out first and get the low hanging fruit

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:06:59 PM

This is getting crazy, 100Mh/s to 250Mh/s?Huh

This might cause a huge drop in the difficulty as the day approaches and affect the price as well. A bit scary here.
Perhaps we see a rush to coins like VERT and QUARK.

Still, KNC has to deliver around the time of Alpha Technology for it to be a shocker. If it is 2 months later, then not a huge deal, but would still suck for Alpha Tech customers as they would only have 2 real months to mine, or whatever the lead advantage is.

Will be interesting to see what Alpha Tech says now. I mean is what KNC is saying even possible? Is it so cheap for them to produce that they are essentially sending 2 machines to hurt companies like Alpha Tech???

The experiment continues

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:41:59 PM

This might cause a huge drop in the difficulty as the day approaches and affect the price as well. A bit scary here.

Still, KNC has to deliver around the time of Alpha Technology for it to be a shocker. If it is 2 months later, then not a huge deal, but would still suck for Alpha Tech customers as they would only have 2 real months to mine, or whatever the lead advantage is.

Will be interesting to see what Alpha Tech says now. I mean is what KNC is saying even possible? Is it so cheap for them to produce that they are essentially sending 2 machines to hurt companies like Alpha Tech???

The experiment continues

IAS

I was a Gen-1 Jupiter customer with KnC and while I already have an order with Alpha-T, I have more faith in KnC because they have an established track record. When I purchased my Jupiter, the promised spec was 300 Gh/s, when I received it, after subsequent performance enhancement announcements, it ran at 525 Gh/s. Their motto is under-promise, over-deliver. It would not surprise me if their finished product ran at 300 Mh/s after further optimization. The problem now is where to come up with the $10k.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:47:32 PM

I read somewhere KNC are using the 20nm technology they are developing for their Neptunes in their scrypt asics. That's why they can output such a high hashrate at such low power consumption and still deliver Q2/Q3.
My guess knowing KNC is their devices will be nearer 300mhs when shipped. Knc also dramatically lower their batch 2 prices as well. Game on
nightengale

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:17:44 PM

So can someone tell me approximately what specific amount I would receive if I requested a refund for my order of one 5 (or 16) Mh/s unit? I'm eligible for 75% of the deposit, but there's a flat rate charge on top of it too?  Thanks...
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:53:44 PM

The experiment continues

IAS

I was a Gen-1 Jupiter customer with KnC and while I already have an order with Alpha-T, I have more faith in KnC because they have an established track record. When I purchased my Jupiter, the promised spec was 300 Gh/s, when I received it, after subsequent performance enhancement announcements, it ran at 525 Gh/s. Their motto is under-promise, over-deliver. It would not surprise me if their finished product ran at 300 Mh/s after further optimization. The problem now is where to come up with the $10k.

I can't play the mining game anymore. This is my last venture. Would be nice if KNC Miner made a $1000 miner, but why when they sell the 10k miners? Decentralization imo.

I really see VERT and/or Quark like coins starting to move as all those GPU's will find new homes. Also, Doge will be affected by this. I still don't like it since it is so inflated relatively speaking.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:43:55 AM

My thoughts are this could be a bluff by KNC, or they could be telling the truth no other option really, but Alpha-T cannot keep up with changing the specs every minute.

Besides, from 100 to 250 MHs: something fishy.

I dont see it as a bluff, tehy know the competitors in the space and are trying to feel out what everyone really has.  Fibonacci quickly matched their speed/prices and hinted that they still have room to up it even more if they need to do so ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 01:49:25 AM

All those who complain about the negative effects of ASICs on decentralization fail to realize that in no time at all (1-2 years) ASIC prices will be like GPU prices today and everybody will have several in their basement/garage/wherever.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 01:50:39 AM

I am guessing KNC will deliver closer to 500 mhs in the Titan and will pull a surprise on delivery dates too.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:55:43 AM

I am guessing KNC will deliver closer to 500 mhs in the Titan and will pull a surprise on delivery dates too.

Sure that might hurt Alpha Tech customers (me!) but really it comes down to when they can deliver.
The bigger question is, how will this impact GPU miners? I mean how much is going to be added to the network and then how much in GPU's subtracted?
Does the difficulty go down? Do the owners of the network, so to speak change hands or just technology or Huh

Even though Alpha (in their newsletter from last night) said "At this point we would like to guarantee a minimum of 650 Mh/s for our second batch, this figure is just a preliminary minimum and it is more likely than not to be higher." it will come down to when KNC delivers. If they deliver around when Alpha delivers and Alpha doesn't once again up their customers a bit, they will all be out.

Further, as we get closer to that roughly 2 month before delivery "pay the balance date" for Alpha Tech customers, if KNC says they are going to deliver in the beginning or mid July ALSO, do any of the Alpha customers go through with their order??? Alpha may want to up things again but not match, say the 16Mh/s miners to 25Mhs (and not 2.5X more as KNC has done). Hardware wise, it would just be upping the lower end Vipers to the higher end Vipers (original specs). So instead of KNC running things, Alpha Tech takes over this role.  Grin

Man, this is more interesting than the bitcoin mining ASIC "competition".

BTC = Black Swan.
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:21:19 AM

I'm not getting out of the game but i'm not increasing my stake any longer.

1. if the date for 70% payment comes and the market place has changed a lot, then 70% would be the cost of a brand new miner many times more powerful than Alpha-t, so forget about the 30% loss, you can get a brand new one for the remaining 70%. TBC

2. there is one and only one thing that needs to be understood very clearly. all the value of these alt-coins is junk. the true value of the bitcoin is in the fact that there is limited quantities of it, and one day it will saturate and there will no more New BTCs.

So:
if you are going to do a service or provide goods, it will be against a coin that is available in limited quantity.
the only coin "getting there" is BTC and LTC.
the amount of energy spent on the creation of the existing BTCs and the future ones is tremendous.
there will be very little interest in any other cryptocurrency once one is saturated.
the GPU guys were trying their best and successfully pushed LTC into good grounds, hence the interest in LTC.
BTC and LTC are both junk for many reasons:
1. Only POW no POS.
2. Inflation is really required. The problem with fiat is uncontrolled inflation.
3. The sovereignty fund is also required, also how is it managed is another story.
4. The need to recover coints that have vanished from existence is also required. How is this implemented is also another story.
5. Has anyone tried running a business using the mediocre clients? it is not a client is is really a wallet. there is a need for an accounting software that sits on top.

So essentially
1. Unless there is a fundamental flaw in the existing coins, or
2. Until the Experiment phase has finished

I personally would not be jumping on the next Scrypt-Jane, Prime or whatever new ASIC algo is created...
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:42:56 PM

Man, this is more interesting than the bitcoin mining ASIC "competition".

Indeed ! Exciting times.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:05:56 PM

As predicted, alpha is delivering inferior tech.

What did u expect when accountants are starting an asic company? Leave engineering work to engineers

wilson1973

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:30:47 PM

Hi there, just so you folks are aware our orders are now live: https://alpha-t.net/shop/

Thanks, but I'm still waiting for my refund which has been stuck pending for a week !
nightengale

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:39:44 PM

Hi there, just so you folks are aware our orders are now live: https://alpha-t.net/shop/

Thanks, but I'm still waiting for my refund which has been stuck pending for a week !

Are refunds being processed in BTC or via fiat-transfer?
wilson1973

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:44:56 PM

Are refunds being processed in BTC or via fiat-transfer?

FIAT in my case, the refund was put on hold until the 28th, possibly to coincide with the reopening of batch 1 orders.... Either way it's been over a week now and I'm losing patience.
markyminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:12:15 PM

KGW/DGW will eat these heavy-weight miners alive.

The vanilla Scrypt non-KGW/DGW coins better get a whole lot more profitable real quick cause that's gonna be about all these miners will be able to mine on.

There'll be plenty of profitable scrypt coins around ... it all depends who can ship out first and get the low hanging fruit

I just added up the total network hashrate of all GPU's running on all scrypt coins as reported by coinwarz and got to a total of 281g/h. So with a few missing say 300g/h.  300g/h is 300,000mh.  I wonder what the total m/h is being put into the market buy Alpha and KNC come the summer?

The main difference I see between BTC ASICS and Scrypt ASIC's is the sheer volume of altcoins this new hashrate will be spilt around vs all the BTC ASICS pretty much only chasing BTC when they arrived. And as most of the big boys have KGW / other quick difficulty adjusters its those that don't that may get mullered.

Am I correct that Litecoin is still vanilla scrypt only and has no KGW / Other difficulty adjustment yet?  Surely the difficulty on Litecoin will be pushed to the roof and then left high and dry when it's turn to be the most profitable Altcoin comes round for a day.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
markyminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:21:55 PM

I will just leave this here: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-80

You are up against a monster boys...better hurry.

My beef with KNC is there is no "smaller miner" / "Hobby miner" option like BFL and Alpha-T has.  $10k / €8k / £6k is a lot of dosh to most peeps to suddenly find and dump on one piece of hardware. If they had a $1250 / 25mh version I would order a few, as not Alpha-T got my £3k for 2 x 16MH units.

Even these prices are no where near the hobby price the BFL jally's where and if you where close to the front of the queue for those you made a nice ROI. 

M

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
jdogg2020

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:31:17 PM

I love these forums, they are full of (usually) useful information. For example when alpha-t first announce I had some cash lying around and I thought about pre-ordering a unit. After looking through some forums I found someone who suggested using your money to buy GPU's and mine with those until alpha-t get close to shipping, then use the BTC to order the scrypt miner, instead of sinking your money into a pre-order with nothing to show for months. Well that's exactly what I did and I used the BTC  i've mined (via middlecoin) in the last few months to reserve a 16M/h this morning.  Thank you to whoever posted that and good luck to alpha-t. I hope you guys deliver and on time!

Also a question, does anyone know if these units will work on coin switching sites?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:53:46 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 07:21:19 PM by Its About Sharing

As predicted, alpha is delivering inferior tech.

What did u expect when accountants are starting an asic company? Leave engineering work to engineers

As predicted? They are (should be) first to market with a powerful Scrypt ASIC machine. KNC Miner is late right now with their BTC Miners, so I wouldn't count on them to deliver the ASIC's before Alpha Tech.

You do realize the engineering is being done by a notable engineering firm in India right?

And all of the bright minds in history who didn't have so called qualifications, yet their companies turned into billion dollar companies. Come to think of it, many of the young Bitcoin companies fit that bill.

If you want to hate, try to do a better job of it...  Grin

Give credit where credit is due:
Alpha Technologies is giving timely announcements.
They are the first larger ASIC in this space.
They just upped the Hashing Power by over 200%.
They were the first company (I know of) to take partial down payments of app. 30%.
They offer something that a lot more people can afford. 10k for a KNC Miner rig, whenever that is shipped, is waaaay beyond the budget of most people.

Props to Alpha Tech - Keep it up Fiaz. Nothing is perfect but you have our support.

And the experiment continues.

BTC = Black Swan.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: