Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:19:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529022 times)
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:56:52 AM

KnC has increased the spec of their $10k machine to 300 MH/s -- sorta expected that.

INteresting, let's see how everyone else responds ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:09:12 PM

Knowing KNC, I wouldn't be surprised to see the final unit at or above 400mh, and their next batch doing even better.

benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:09:51 AM

If someone with credibility claims to match the competition then the simple thing is to offer discount voucher in the difference of ghs on their next product. It is so simple that you really have to be wanting not to match the competition in other not to do it
LocalLitecoins

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:51:38 AM

So, started in May 2014, expected shipping 14months later in July 2014. I guess thats enough time, this would be very exciting

Come on and update us: 'Last Active:   March 30, 2014, 01:06:40 PM'
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:53:59 AM

Knowing KNC, I wouldn't be surprised to see the final unit at or above 400mh, and their next batch doing even better.

yeah well don't assume i have all the answers i have an alpha 16mh and a Titan 300mh (so far mh wise) on order

BUT

KNC just annouced mini-titan at 150mh (so far mh wise) and they will ...wait for it....

release this one at the same time as my Titan order from before

ie.....my Titan just became 1/3 less valuable cause they just released a crap load more mini-titans etc and i'm sure a 2nd
batch 300mh titan release is also out there soon

its like trying to stay ahead of a speeding car..no hope on all the equip/diff rises etc

probably better off in the future just buying coins and holding them...this strategy of buying a 'pre-order' machine and holding it (w/o refunds now)
has lost all its charm...i used to use this as a hedge (ie dump extra units for refund) but now KNC offers NO REFUNDS on its batch 3 Neptunes and/or
Titans etc

sigh

2015 guess i will just be buying coins no longer  a miner...made little sense this year will make no sense next year (even if i could afford the only commercial products
available then imho)

anyhoo

the fickle finger of fate once f**k*d moves on! Smiley

(you'd think eventually i'd learn......duh)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
benjamin07

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:00:57 AM

If (like me) you have monarchs on preorder from BFshit then no matter how thick we are we won't pre-order
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:11:51 AM

If (like me) you have monarchs on preorder from BFshit then no matter how thick we are we won't pre-order

er thats the problem...finding out at this age that i am a closet optimist is embarassing

bfl sent me an email i'd get 5k back on my monarch...tax lady cpa said if i kept my neptune order knc i'd get 2k off my taxes (home business
irs etc etc)

so me being a closet optimist i converted my neptune order (too little too late) to a titan order

what could go wrong ..er right? 2k off the titan on taxes i would have had to pay 2013 (usa) and 5K back from BFL ....all is great right? (er not so much)

bfl has class action suit i find out the  next week (which i'm sure i'd get an email now saying "due to circumstances beyond our control we resend our offer of refund" imho likely

and

today KNC announces a whole sh*t load of mini-titans 150mh vs 300mh all to be released along side my orig Titan batch order

so my titan is 'poof' .....lost 1/3 of its value in one clean sweep..due to a 1/3 equip dump shipping same time as the orig titan order i got

alas it was all so clear with my bfl refund of 'found money' of 5K from monarch puragatory....and the 2k off on the titan as a hedge for taxes this year because paid for on last years tax return"...so essentially the titan was a deal at 8k sorta...

er...me thinks that did not work to well

i suppose this week www.alpha-t.net will announce they need their 70% repaid asap just to round out the last 2 weeks

i should have my head examined

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vesperwillow

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:28:03 PM

On buying and holding, yeah with as low as LTC has been the past few days.. I can sell part of my GPU farm and use the money to buy more LTC now, than I could if I used it to get ASIC and mine over the next 8 months. By then, it will no doubt go up.

Has anyone run the math on how much PH KNC's batch 1 offerings will add to litecoin? It's mind blowing haha.

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:47:49 PM

Not sure why all the doom and gloom. I reckon most gpu's farms will be shut down within a month of asic arrival so there will be a balancing effect.

But for me the most compelling reason not to panic is the sheer number of scrypt coins which will spread the asic load.

There's two ways this plays out to my mind. Cryptos either rise in value to sustain mining over the long term or they devalue to being worthless and disappear. So I would suggest you pick a coin, mine it and sell only what you need and hold the rest. I think mining for what you will earn now is a very short sighted way of looking at things and the wild swings in value will cause you sleepless nights.

I've just bought another titan, so that's three in all and I'm confident I'll easily make back the coins I spent. The fiat worth doesn't matter to me at the moment as I won't be selling them any time soon. BTW don't trust profit projection scripts. I've yet to find one that has been accurate over the long term.
benjamin07

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:23:00 PM

This time BFL will lose because in the advertisement they said they know what they were doing.

If they said we are going to go on another God knows what and we hope to get there by December, then that would be one thing. But they said we've done it before and this time we know what we are doing, so they did use this sentence to induce confidence in prospective customer that the December date is likely. Although they can claim they did not say it was December 2013, they just said December, could be 2016.

Furthermore, if you announce in August an expected delivery in December (4 months) and then you overrun by 6 months, it means you were 100% wrong in your estimation, it means that unlike what you claim, you do not know what you are doing, hence you have made a false claim to customers.

The second thing the court will find (again) that the "first bullet" run is not so bad after all and that one way or the other it could have been made into a product, say a Jester instead of a Monarch (ROFL)

Hopefully one outcome would be to ban pre-orders in the USA. It is just a so flawed concept. The proper thing to do is a joint venture: hey all we want to build this and we need to raise a capital, so everybody becomes a shareholder. Gives everybody much better grounds to work on.

I think BFL will stay in business after this if they price the Monarch competitively.

Next claim in court is Alpha-t:
1) industrial grade equipment with 6 months warranty
2) mis-match the competition
3) banning users on their first good now terrible forum
4) adding curry and spices to the box and not listing food in the components thus causing havoc in customs around the world Smiley
5) Q2/Q3 2015
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:49:13 PM

Tape out? Damn, the only tape out at Zeus Miner is the packing tape to seal up the shipping cartons.  Cheesy They're shipping out their first batch next month!

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16301.930

And those Canadian Flower boys? They only just release a picture of their prototype FGPA yesterday  Shocked

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7930.1305

Methinks the race is over. Zeus by thunder bolts and lightening. LOL!

Interesting, I hadn't heard of them. They will ship end of May they say, probably more like June if they are lucky, but who knows.
Great prices, I wonder what happens in this race.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:27:32 PM

So, any updates? It's getting quiet here. With the A2 chips starting delivery soon, the viper seems much less profitable again.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
maardein

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:46:47 PM

A Message To Customers!

After much deliberation we believe we have come up with the perfect solution to increasing the value of our batch 1 orders, albeit an obvious solution, but the best one nonetheless. As stated previously we do not want to affect the development of the Vipers any more than we have and are certain it is best not to make any further changes to their production. There have been many websites popping up recently with lofty promises and no proof of their legitimacy or development and we do not think it’s a good idea to alter manufacturing based these possibilities as we are focused on getting our Vipers shipped to our customers as soon as possible. With that said and regardless of their legitimacy we understand competition is inevitable and by the time our devices have released the market will be different than what we all hoped it would be when we first started. Granted, we are still fully confident the Vipers will make ROI but we also want to make sure our batch 1 customers are getting the best value for their money and here is our plan for this:

First off, we are in the early stages of developing a cloud mining service, this will allow customers to pay for hosted mining power, the pros and cons of this will depend on your personal preferences of course so we will continue producing batches of miners for those who prefer to maintain their own devices. Now on to the good news, all batch 1 customers will get free hashing power from our cloud; we do not yet have a date as to when we expect it to be operational so for now we are simply saying as soon as possible. Exact hash rates will depend on the state of the market and network at the time so we will make sure we scale accordingly, but rest assured we are promising a substantial amount for both 16 Mh/s and 90 Mh/s customers. As you can imagine we want the service up and running as soon as possible and as a result of this when it is first brought online there be limited availability so we will start off with just batch 1 customers being able to use it and open it up to the public shortly afterwards.

Secondly in addition to free shipping and being able to order first in batch 2 we are pleased to announce we are giving you 10% off any future batch of your choice. Thank you for your continued support and rest assured we are committed to bringing the best value possible for our customers. We will keep you posted on further developments so stay tuned!

Ok, sounds good. But one thing is unclear to me. Will we (batch 1 customers) get the miner as promised (16 or 90 mhs) ánd have additional cloud mining, or do we get the choice? Will the hashrate be the same for those that choose cloud mining versus a device delivered at home?

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 12:32:40 AM

A Message To Customers!

After much deliberation we believe we have come up with the perfect solution to increasing the value of our batch 1 orders, albeit an obvious solution, but the best one nonetheless. As stated previously we do not want to affect the development of the Vipers any more than we have and are certain it is best not to make any further changes to their production. There have been many websites popping up recently with lofty promises and no proof of their legitimacy or development and we do not think it’s a good idea to alter manufacturing based these possibilities as we are focused on getting our Vipers shipped to our customers as soon as possible. With that said and regardless of their legitimacy we understand competition is inevitable and by the time our devices have released the market will be different than what we all hoped it would be when we first started. Granted, we are still fully confident the Vipers will make ROI but we also want to make sure our batch 1 customers are getting the best value for their money and here is our plan for this:

First off, we are in the early stages of developing a cloud mining service, this will allow customers to pay for hosted mining power, the pros and cons of this will depend on your personal preferences of course so we will continue producing batches of miners for those who prefer to maintain their own devices. Now on to the good news, all batch 1 customers will get free hashing power from our cloud; we do not yet have a date as to when we expect it to be operational so for now we are simply saying as soon as possible. Exact hash rates will depend on the state of the market and network at the time so we will make sure we scale accordingly, but rest assured we are promising a substantial amount for both 16 Mh/s and 90 Mh/s customers. As you can imagine we want the service up and running as soon as possible and as a result of this when it is first brought online there be limited availability so we will start off with just batch 1 customers being able to use it and open it up to the public shortly afterwards.

Secondly in addition to free shipping and being able to order first in batch 2 we are pleased to announce we are giving you 10% off any future batch of your choice. Thank you for your continued support and rest assured we are committed to bringing the best value possible for our customers. We will keep you posted on further developments so stay tuned!

Ok, sounds good. But one thing is unclear to me. Will we (batch 1 customers) get the miner as promised (16 or 90 mhs) ánd have additional cloud mining, or do we get the choice? Will the hashrate be the same for those that choose cloud mining versus a device delivered at home?

Hi, you will be receiving your Viper in addition to free hashing power as soon as our cloud service becomes available.

Sounds good, just that the market is changing rapidly and hope the free hashing power can be put to good use.

vesperwillow

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:05:47 AM

This reminds me of how KNC did their customers ..

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:10:59 AM

Love what I just read.. Keep up the good work guys and once you deliver on this you'll have a great new client for life from me! (provided you don't go sour later on)

:p
techboy

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:20:29 AM

great! this is nice!
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:40:55 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 12:11:31 PM by retro72

Translation:

We're building a massive asic farm and are going to mine the snot out of it. Thanks for financing it and good luck getting any future ROI.

I'm guessing Script mining is soon going to go the way of Sha 256, controlled by large asic farms with small miners getting crapped on. I hoped KNC and Alpha wouldn't go down this route. Well there's always Golf I guess.
maardein

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:32:35 PM

Some additional hashrate in a cloud based setup sounds good. However, I hope you make sure to make delivering the ordered miners your highest priority. Please do not build a farm with what should be your customers hardware.

benjamin07

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:05:47 AM

Of course they wouldn't otherwise they go to jail and make friends with butterfly labs ceo who will be waiting for them

Anyway it is a good idea that cloud hashing and i would accept as terms of warranty should my unit defect they continue for me work online cloud hashing out they fix it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: