Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:34:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:11:27 PM

They already broke the promise.. they said early October. It's far beyond that at this point.. lol

This Viper turned to be a real Viper of customer and their money.
Viper means "A person regarded as malicious or treacherous".
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Test User

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Miner and technician

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:30:34 PM

Seems like the company had serious problems with their chips.
If its so, then another one or two months delay can be expected.
If they have serious problems with their chips then it's game over.

You need $1million cash in hand and 3 months to tape-out and build a new batch of chips. Something tells me that alpha might not quite be in a position to do that.

Donations welcome - BTC: 1f52PwRLHkN4w5uBY6EccKiDYqpLkh13y     DOGE: DCg65AKPG76X5LEtWCqfyRj4a6apYRHR8j
Trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432215.0
Meanotor

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:22:09 AM

You need $1million cash in hand and 3 months to tape-out and build a new batch of chips. Something tells me that alpha might not quite be in a position to do that.

Exactly right, plus in 3 months it will be January and by then you can get Bitmain's L1 120 MHs for $600. What i don;t understand is why don't they just go buy from the competition and give to their clients and pocket the profit. Forget the chips.
jrose120

Activity: 119

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:25:10 AM

I looked into my crystal ball and it told me that the place in India that's assembling these units is going to give them a thorough breaking in by mining with them until the difficulty rises enough for them to lose interest and ship them to the customers worldwide. These jokers at Alpha Sprouts Tech won't even see the hardware they are selling from my understanding. Unless of course they take the first batch that were made to setup their own mining farm. Then ship out batch 2 to the batch 1 customers.  Either way these miners will probably work when you receive them.  They will have had weeks if not months of "testing".

This of course means that there is no way on Earth any miners will ship out to their owners until sometime after February. This is best case scenario, if they had another faulty batch of chips this ship may completely sink. They've been launching life boats for a while now. They don't believe this company is viable. Why should anyone expect them to do the right thing with a failed business?

I will be shocked if they ever ship a single miner.
allcoinminer

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:00:37 AM

The game is already over.
This is the trailer after Game over!
CountDown: 2 more day left in OCT as with no updates even after deadline means serious problems.
I think each and everyone sued them for the refund and that may lead them to process refunds  to all.
So why need to release the miners now without no customers to take delivery.
zinner27

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:43:53 AM

Managed to get back my 30 % from Mastercard via my bank... Now next step is to try get my 70 % back... that will be more tricky as I understand...
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:27:22 PM

Another promise broken. They were going to provide an update 'early this week'. We've passed the midway point.

Multialgo ASIC units are taping out right now, and as someone mentioned, the L1 from Antminer is hitting shelves in December. 120MH @ 300ish watts at the wall, less than $600 shipped worldwide.

Much like the Black Arrow folks, I really feel for you guys.

SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:49:32 PM

Another promise broken. They were going to provide an update 'early this week'. We've passed the midway point.

Multialgo ASIC units are taping out right now, and as someone mentioned, the L1 from Antminer is hitting shelves in December. 120MH @ 300ish watts at the wall, less than $600 shipped worldwide.

Much like the Black Arrow folks, I really feel for you guys.

they haven't kept a promise yet.  much like those pricks at Black Arrow their lips move and bullshit falls out.  I'm not surprised there are more delays.   anyone that thought they'd get the chips and start shipping immediately was kidding themselves, I think.

difference here relative to Black Arrow is that people can more easily get their money back.

why anyone would not try at this point to recoup their cash, I've got no idea.  As soon as they got quiet I started asking for my money back.  I've seen this game too many time not to know what that means.  The day after they missed their delivery date I was on the phone with my CC company getting that moving. 

That chargeback process takes time by the way, it's not a phone call and bang, your money is back.  They've got a process that can span several weeks so if people want their money back they need to get on it.

they're quiet again, by the way.  something else has crapped on itself here I have no doubt.

these are DOA at this point.  as others have pointed out, Bitmain is about to eat their ass in the same way they chewed Black Arrow's balls clean off.

file your claims and GTFO while they're not officially bankrupt.  When that happens that gate slams shut and you're out of time.
AltcoinEpiphany

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:27:49 PM

These guys screwed me over too. Both paypal and my bank have refused to have anything to do with it though, due to it being passed the 45 and 90 day ruling. Has anyone had success with the small claims court? It would cost £100 to submit a request for the £1,600 deposit, so I'm thinking that's the way I'm going to have to take Undecided
vesperwillow

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:31:45 PM

Take a look through the past pages of this thread, there's links to a forum (fightalpha) which contain great info and people who have made claims far beyond the time limits.

SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:40:05 PM

Take a look through the past pages of this thread, there's links to a forum (fightalpha) which contain great info and people who have made claims far beyond the time limits.

yes, quote those case numbers and call PayPal back.  others were refunded well after this supposed time window, therefore you also have the right to a refund.
Crypto2011

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:52:07 PM

I placed an order with Alpha on behalf of a small group of people where we agreed to a share of the profits. We are looking to get a full refund ideally, and considering court as a more likely option than getting a refund from alpha in full, or as a better option to even trying to get one in part, but want to consider all the options. We are just unsure of a few things. I have read some of the comments about the whole situation and gathered bits and pieces but there is a lot to read through. We are looking for help in clarifying the situation in more detail, in terms of what the current consensus is that has been learned amoungst the community, and would appreciate some advice on how to proceed.

Firstly, have there been any reports of them offering a settlement amount and then not actually paying it after it was agreed to it as a final settlement? I am worried in case we choose the settlement offer and agree as I have read suggestions that this can not only invalidate and legal claim for anything else, but could invalidate a legal claim for anything, and that they may not even need to pay you the settlement offer they just agreed to!

I am worried that if I email and ask them to pay up, and give them chance to respond, by the time they respond (or by the time it doesn't appear they will), it may waste valuable time and by the time a judgement is made, they may have disappeared? Also, I can be pretty sure that they won't give a full refund, so if we are not prepared to accept a partial refund, it is probably pointless to email them first in that respect too isn't it? It would appear to be a risky waste of time in that sense/

So therefore, we would prefer to just go straight to the small claims court, however we are worried there may be a requirement to try and resolve the matter with them directly first (i.e email them and given them a chance to pay up)? Could it invalidate a claim by not asking them for a refund first and giving say a week for them to pay? Is a week even long enough or is that generous do you think?

Also, has anyone explored the possibility and advantages/disadvantages of going to the financial ombudsman, rather than the small claims court?

Have their been any reports of Alpha NOT paying the money AFTER a court ruling? Has anyone had to resort to debt enforcers? This is where it gets a bit more worrying.

Have their been any reports of Alpha contesting claims, the grounds on which they tried to, and whether or not they were ever successful? Anything to watch out for?

Also, we/I paid by bank transfer. All anyone talks about on here is credit card payments, bitcoin, and paypal. What about those who paid by bank transfer? Are we in different situation? Obviously you can't reverse it the same way as a credit card payment I wouldn't have thought, but can you reverse a faster payment or BACS transfer if you didn't get what you paid for as an alternative (or quicker option) for getting money back? Could it cause problems in court having paid this way?

Finally, our claim, like many I would imagine, is for £1,635. However, it costs considerably more to claim over £1,500 with no guarantee to get the extra you paid to take the matter to court back from Alpha, (or do you get that back from the court it's self when you win?). So we were considering maybe just claiming £1500 instead as it is below the threshold. Could this cause some problem?

Thanks!
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:12:39 PM

Accepting a settlement offer will not effect your ability to go to court should they not pay.  That would be just one more document in your favor proving they owe you the money.  Proving they owe you the money is not going to be that difficult as they are in violation of several laws to begin with.

At this point, time isn't really an issue.  Many months ago when many people, myself including, were urging people like you to jump ship and press the legal issue time would have mattered.  At this point so much time has elapsed it makes no difference any more really.

Despite someone mentioning a rumor, I have not seen any evidence of anyone actually enforcing a judgement against the company and collecting cash. 

You should claim the amount owed, including all legal fees.  In theory, you should come out of this "whole".

All of this is moot though.  At this point in time, there is no product, no money, and no siezable  assets.  Anything that may have been there at some point is long since gone (remember, we're dealing in BTC which by it's very nature is "off the books" to begin with, before all the accounting tricks).  If they make any offers to settle I would take them, as at this point it is simply totally unrealistic to think you will recover any losses by getting a judgement and being able to enforce it.  That ship sailed many months ago. 
vesperwillow

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:37:21 PM

There have been a couple of folks get their bank wire turned back, but I believe it depended on the bank. Now, one of them was a bank in London who also thought what Alpha was doing was crazy. I dunno if it's on the fightalpha webforum or not, but I know it's in this thread somewhere. It may take a lot of searching, but start around the July timeframe and work forward.

brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:15:29 PM

There have been a couple of folks get their bank wire turned back, but I believe it depended on the bank. Now, one of them was a bank in London who also thought what Alpha was doing was crazy. I dunno if it's on the fightalpha webforum or not, but I know it's in this thread somewhere. It may take a lot of searching, but start around the July timeframe and work forward.

Right, but we're talking about enforcing a judgement.  Reversing a bank transfer or performing a chargeback means the payment processor reversed the charges, which does not require anything from AT.  Winning a judgement and then successfully collecting on it which is what that person wants to do) means they presented AT with a court order and AT then returned their money.  The former is, relatively speaking, easy to do as it does not require compliance from AT.  The latter, is almost impossible since it requires compliance from AT, and they have demonstrated time and again they are not going to comply with the law.  I am almost certain no one has successfully enforced a judgement against them and gotten actual money out of it.
vesperwillow

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:55:40 PM

Right, but we're talking about enforcing a judgement.  Reversing a bank transfer or performing a chargeback means the payment processor reversed the charges, which does not require anything from AT.  Winning a judgement and then successfully collecting on it which is what that person wants to do) means they presented AT with a court order and AT then returned their money.  The former is, relatively speaking, easy to do as it does not require compliance from AT.  The latter, is almost impossible since it requires compliance from AT, and they have demonstrated time and again they are not going to comply with the law.  I am almost certain no one has successfully enforced a judgement against them and gotten actual money out of it.

I was responding to his inquiry about it being a bank wire, which is why I suggested he review the logs as people have had it happen.

g6miner

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:12:07 PM

Think so too. We only heard of one person, the user "chopsbit", who got refunded £405 after winning judgment against alpha. But there are lots of people who filed a claim. Anyone else successful??
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:33:08 PM

Think so too. We only heard of one person, the user "chopsbit", who got refunded £405 after winning judgement against alpha. But there are lots of people who filed a claim. Anyone else successful??

Yep this is true. It seems that Alpha are strapped for cash and are not paying enforced judgements. I've had a PM from a guy who's having the chargeback he got months ago disputed by Alpha. Their argument, the product will be delivered in Q3  Huh  Another guy Alpha showed a photoshopped paypal refund screengrab  to buy themselves a few more days after he won his judgement.  It seems they're not even paying the 50% refunds they are offering either.

It's pretty pathetic really. Might be time for a whipround to raise the £750 to start bankruptcy proceedings and put this lame dog out of its misery.
bander

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:51:56 PM

well i submitted my documents for medation but have heard nothing back from the courts and nothing has changed in my money claim. Should I just file again and include proof that i did pay the 70%? That was alpha's defense- that i had already been refunded my 30% (which is true through paypal) but i never paid the remaining 70%.

Obviously I have bank reciepts and a reciept from their system stating I paid. My question is if I should just file another money claim against them and this time include reciepts since A) there has been no movement from the courts or in money claim and B) they dont have to opt to enter mediation

Just looking for some advice here from someone who has won their court case or is currently in mediation.
allcoinminer

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:07:45 PM

The Game is finally Over for Alpha-T.
 Cry
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: