Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:18:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:12:16 PM

Already contacted CoinDesk about it a few days ago.

I don't care if they're accountants and have moved money, the law is the law and they've broken it. I will seek restitution.

They're accounts for god's sake, they make their living legally hiding money and moving it around.  If you think there is any money left in a legally touchable corporate account you're simply being delusional.

Suggesting that victims do nothing, because these guys have accountants in the family and may have moved their money around, tells me you probably haven't lost any money to this venture.

yep.  doing nothing gives zero chance.

maybe odds are slim at this point even with action, although I don't know that's true either.  we can't without knowing a lot more than is ascertainable from the available information at this point.

but by doing something there's certainly a better chance at some recompense than if people do nothing at all.  100%, zero doubt about that.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
corygto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 07:42:46 AM

I always knew it would come to this...

From the first time Alpha announced these pre-orders  I had a good feeling this was a scam. I warned people on various forums on how I thought it would go down and it turns out I was right.

I'm not coming here to rub it in anybody's face, it's just quite a mind trip to check in after 7 or 8 months and see that I was right in my assumption XD.

Now, I am guilty of falling for a scam myself. I was scammed by jasinlee of Fibonacci...Although I only lost about $300.

I truly am sorry for those of you that lost money in this ordeal. It's really a shame that we have so many dishonest people out there...

I hope you find justice!
giboon29

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:57:21 PM

Alpha Technology

Administrator

Re: 10/13 The Chips Have Arrived
« Reply #13 on: Today at 02:16:13 PM »
Our apologies for the wait, there will be an update next week.
  buahahahah

What a noob.
Wanker mumba cancel my order behind my back (refund me 405) but want to keep 1256 what a idiot.
Court time two weeks time . All paperwork prepared Smiley
asa7

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:59:43 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 10:11:28 AM by asa7

Hi all,
I am in the same boat like you Sad
I was robbed with £1385, by the way I have bad feeling about AT from the beginning, because initially I ordered the bigger viper 250Mh, but a few days later reading different forums I hesitated to pay for this miner, therefore I did second order for two vipers 20Mh and continue to read forums and again I was discourage to pay this money, so finally I did third order for one viper 50Mh and unfortunately I paid this order Sad and now I lost £1385 therefore I want to punish this bastard and send him at least to jail (if he cannot return our money) for fraud in large amount of money. I am reading from few weeks this topic and I have not seen yet or maybe I missed to have some group lawsuit against AT. From my point of view it is not worthy to go alone for £1385, but if we gather 200-300 robbed customers and go together we will split all lawyer fees and we have bigger chance to win. Unfortunately there is a small chance to receive our money back but I am ready to pay $50-100 for lawyer fees in group lawsuit if we have chance this bastard to be sent in jail at least for 15-20 years ..
I do not have any knowledge about UK group lawsuit but I eagerly will take part of it, if I receive any information about starting such lawsuit process. I suppose there are many customers from UK, who are robbed from AT and they can take more action in organizing it, at least they can speak fluent English and can meet locally the lawyers, because it will be hard to me to speak (face to face) with UK lawyers. (My verbal English is not good and I am not living in UK)
Any ideas about this?
Is there something done in this direction or all customers are going alone against AT?
JosephCorso

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:02:01 AM

Hi all,
I was robbed with £1385, by the way I have bad feeling about AT from the beginning, because initially I ordered the bigger viper 250Mh, but a few days later reading different forums I hesitated to pay for this miner, therefore I did second order for two vipers 20Mh and continue to read forums and again I was discourage to pay this money, so finally I did third order for one viper 50Mh and unfortunately I paid this order Sad and now I lost £1385 therefore I want to punish this bastard and send him at least to jail (if he cannot return our money) for fraud in large amount of money. I am reading from few weeks this topic and I have not seen yet or maybe I missed to have some group lawsuit against AT. From my point of view it is not worthy to go alone for £1385, but if we gather 200-300 robbed customers and go together we will split all lawyer fees and we have bigger chance to win. Unfortunately there is a small chance to receive our money back but I am ready to pay $50-100 for lawyer fees in group lawsuit if we have chance this bastard to be sent in jail at least for 15-20 years ..
I do not have any knowledge about UK group lawsuit but I eagerly will take part of it, if I receive any information about starting such lawsuit process. I suppose there are many customers from UK, who are robbed from AT and they can take more action in organizing it, at least they can speak fluent English and can meet locally the lawyers, because it will be hard to me to speak (face to face) with UK lawyers. (My verbal English is not good and I am not living in UK)
Any ideas about this?
Is there something done in this direction or all customers are going alone against AT?

Hi
I'm too in this same situation.
I join with a great desire to a group of people who are putting these bastards in jail, because alone I have little chance in the fight.
If there is any group of people who are fighting with AT, please contact with me.

alexfgT

Activity: 227

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:49:28 AM

+1 I also want to punish them so lost 70% of their money, but I'm from Russia
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:56:27 AM

Posted today: "Apologies for the wait, there will be an updated next week".
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 12:58:53 PM

Rest Assured....

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:49:27 PM

Hi all,
Any ideas about this?

To save us going through stuff that has been posted many times in this thread, just go here www.fightalpha.net and www.abunchacrap.com
jrose120

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:49:19 AM

I predict this update will go something like this:

Dear Alpha-T customers,

We are excited to announce that your mining rigs will be upgraded yet again. Those customers who purchased the 50Mh/s and the 250Mh/s units will now receive 500Mh/s (@300W) and 2.5Gh/s (@1500W) units in their place. On top of that we have also decided to refund everyone's deposit as a gesture of good will. We have the product on the shelves and are ready to start shipping from our assembly center in India immediately. Tracking updates will be sent out as we process orders and change their status to "shipped".

Thank you for your continued support,

Alpha-T

brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:23:11 AM

Already contacted CoinDesk about it a few days ago.

I don't care if they're accountants and have moved money, the law is the law and they've broken it. I will seek restitution.

They're accounts for god's sake, they make their living legally hiding money and moving it around.  If you think there is any money left in a legally touchable corporate account you're simply being delusional.

Suggesting that victims do nothing, because these guys have accountants in the family and may have moved their money around, tells me you probably haven't lost any money to this venture.

Well of course I haven't lost money in this venture, I'm not a gullible idiot (my favorite is the poster above me who was so sure it was a scam he doubled down and ordered a second miner, and then a third).  The point though is that people have been trying to get you guys to take action for what, 6 months now?  8 months?  More?  And everyone wanted to wait it out and see what happened while they hid the money and ran.  Now when they have finally finished is way too late to be doing this.  It's like having a deadline for work and for months your boss asking you how it's coming and you putting it off and putting it off, getting fired cause it never gets done, and THEN deciding to call your boss and plead your case.

Of course, part of this is a dickish I told you so but more importantly people are talking about getting lawyers and such.  6 months ago lawyers were a great idea.  Now?  Not so much, because lawyers cost money, so you are going to lose everything you already lost PLUS the cost of attorneys and court\filing fees.  At a certain point in a failed business venture you have to be willing to just write it off and walk away, not keep throwing good money at the problem and compounding your losses.
jrose120

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:36:46 AM

I predict this update will go something like this:

Dear Alpha-T customers,

We are excited to announce that your mining rigs will be upgraded yet again. Those customers who purchased the 50Mh/s and the 250Mh/s units will now receive 500Mh/s (@300W) and 2.5Gh/s (@1500W) units in their place. On top of that we have also decided to refund everyone's deposit as a gesture of good will. We have the product on the shelves and are ready to start shipping from our assembly center in India immediately. Tracking updates will be sent out as we process orders and change their status to "shipped".

Thank you for your continued support,

Alpha-T

Of course this is not what they're going to say.

Probably more like:

Dear Alpha-T customers,

We are excited to announce that your money is now ours. Your mining rigs will fill our data center nicely. Thanks for the free ride suckers!!! Oh by the way, we went bankrupt, you court battles are all lost. For those interested we will be forming a new company to try this all over again.

Later losers,

Alpha-T
fightalpha

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:42:27 AM

Hi all,
Any ideas about this?

When we hit 100 members at http://www.fightalpha.net I will send a mass email out to get a feel for the interest in a class-action lawsuit. There is a firm based in the UK that will be happy to litigate with that number.
gushes

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:07:27 PM

Hi all,
Any ideas about this?

When we hit 100 members at http://www.fightalpha.net I will send a mass email out to get a feel for the interest in a class-action lawsuit. There is a firm based in the UK that will be happy to litigate with that number.

I'm definitely in on a Class-Action.  However, as many have said, they don't exist in UK, unless a judge lumps together several single suits.  But, if you magically get this to happen, I'm in, as long as I don't have to put any money up front... (throwing good money after bad, as they say)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:47:43 PM

"Soon" .. "Next week" .. I remember when that turned into "Need to tapeout again" .. "Give us more money" ..

What next right? Where's the transparency that, to this day, is guaranteed up on their website? Where's their fanclub saying to just stick around?

Who woulda thought that gridseed units would've mined more in the last few months than the Alpha gear ever will?

g6miner

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:59:25 PM

I am also in. Hope we get enough people together. Question is if you can file a claim on your own AND a class action. Because I guess many here already started their claim.
alexfgT

Activity: 227

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:45:01 PM

I paid a deposit of 100% to 30% paypal and 70% Bitpay.
I returned the 30% deposit even though I do not give consent to a partial refund. I was willing to at least 70%.
There are people here who have returned 30%, without their consent?
Derekman

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:36:00 PM

Referred Alpha to the insolvency service. Money is lost and they are behaving fraudulently or in accordance with sharp practice.

Insolvency can seize everything and even recover money distributed to family, bring criminal fraud charges etc.

email your docs to here Intelligence.Services@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk and make a complaint to become a creditor
superdblwide

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:00:11 PM

@fightalpha: I am in on a class action lawsuit. Would you mind forwarding on the contact information for the solicitor you have chosen? I'd be happy to speak with them directly and add my name and information to the list.
superdblwide

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:06:31 PM

I received the following email from Alpha Technology on November 15, 2014 at 5:50 am PST (GMT-8):

Hello there,

Whilst you are past the refund period we have refunded you your full deposit as a gesture of goodwill. This refund has been issued to your PayPal.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team
They did in fact refund the 30% deposit that I put down on January 4th, 2014.

The only problem is, I paid them the other 70% on May 27th, 2014, which they still owe me. I have sent them multiple emails requesting a 100% refund, which is owed to me by law.
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: