Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:46:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Been saying for years Obama was not leaving office or coming back as a dictator from hell.  So when?
Vlad, you’ve only gotten crazier since you got here some 9 years ago.  

Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 293 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- The Riddle of the Twin Brothers - Who Were, Are and Will Rule the World!  (Read 382319 times)
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:53:57 PM

This means that IXcoin is highly centralized held be a few, very easy to manipulate it.

So yes, I call bullshit on IXcoin, TRB(whichever will be) is much better than this.

We've openly posted the holding distribution in a bubble chart, we have a chain explorer. Of course it isn't as decentralized in holdings as Bitcoin but this doesn't preclude it from success. It is relatively well distributed and there is nothing preventing people from buying. Regardless, there is nothing particularly wrong with large holders of a chain, as long as they obtained their holdings legitimately. In fact, many of the top coins have massively centralized distributions and that appears to have helped them in propping up the price.

If you don't believe in Ixcoin, ok, sure, but I think it's pretty stupid to be posting in Ixcoin threads then.

I am not against IXcoin, I don't care where did you get this. I just can not imagine why anyone would buy the coin that was mined only by a few, using limited resources, not giving ANY proper energy or anything to back it in past. This coin can't have 4300$ price per coin, it cannot be valuable that much cause it doesn't have proper  power spent to mine it.

With bitcoin, if I don't want to buy them from you, I buy myself a video card back in 2012, or an ASIC now and I still can mine my bitcoin not thinking about the price if I plan to sell only at a chosen by me price.

IXcoin is the original COPY of bitcoin, it will have a proper use in crypto world, but I can't imagine in what universe it will be so much adopted and bought to replace TRB.

And I am sorry I offended your feelings, remember we're in a public forum, look around, are my comments the worst? If so, I really don't care.

If I decided to post in this topic I decided and I don't need your permission to write here, from this to making me stupid is unfortunate, but that's it.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
x2666

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:12:32 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 09:23:10 PM by x2666

lol you didn't offend my feelings  Roll Eyes

But of course I'm going to defend Ixcoin. You could mine Ixcoin with a graphics card back in 2011 as well. You can still mine for fees now, though it is not rewarding a block payout, something which I think should be changed with a soft fork of the premine.

Ixcoin is the original copy of bitcoin, it is the second altcoin ever. Use of Ixcoin doesn't necessitate it surpassing Bitcoin and any changes or features implemented to Bitcoin or any other coin can be brought to Ixcoin if we come together to do it.

I think it's better to not put a great deal of effort into marketing a coin, allowing people to participate if they wish, rather than taking out huge spaces to advertise it, starting icos, pushing it on uninformed investors. I think it's an interesting coin because it can indeed implement any changes from any other coin, it is the second oldest altcoin, it is merge mined, the creator is mysterious, used a clever anagram of Satoshi Nakamoto, and despite Ixcoin's low price only a small number of coins can even be purchased off exchanges meaning the majority are held in cold storage.

Low usage and valuation in the past and present does not necessarily mean it will never be adopted. Yes, it is not a sure shot but it is an interesting rhetorical position so I and many others choose to hold and stay involved.  

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
HardFireMiner

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:21:30 PM

Low usage and valuation in the past and present does not necessarily mean it will never be adopted. Yes, it is not a sure shot but it is an interesting rhetorical position so I and many others choose to hold and stay involved.  

That's what I think so too, it has a future and I choose to investigate and explore IXcoin and any coin has something original. It is the original copy(sounds great Cheesy ) of bitcoin so this already means something, second coin.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 09:29:06 PM

That's what I think so too, it has a future and I choose to investigate and explore IXcoin and any coin has something original. It is the original copy(sounds great Cheesy ) of bitcoin so this already means something, second coin.

Second coin?  Sounds prophetic like the second coming. Haha.  It Just might be that!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:23:10 AM

Is it the end for SHA 256 coins (besides bitcoin)? It seems miners have given up on them.
SHA 256 coins are not doing well unlike other coins like DASH, ETH and LTC.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
bonniesgang

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:13:35 AM

This is what I see:

BTC -- Over bearing more powerful of the brothers.

LTC: the Work force more nimble of the brothers.

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/900451482884952064

x2666

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:25:32 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 03:59:06 AM by x2666

This is what I see:

I can only speak for myself, but I think Charlie Lee is a dork. Litecoin has been declining from its high of .02 btc for quite awhile now and he's constantly declaring victory off of the usd value increases coming from Bitcoin's rise. Charlie Lee posts price predictions and what I see as exceedingly lame memes on a daily basis. Rocket Chicken Moon, wow. So wowe. I see all kind of idiots talking about $1,000 Litecoin and how great Charlie is and how he is constantly working... I don't see it!

Furthermore he has sided against BCH and with the Blockstream corporation simply because he wants his lightning network to enable atomic transactions between Litecoin and BTC in the default wallet. I do not support such transactions and I do not view the current BTC as the legitimate successor to the pre-fork Bitcoin. Charlie is all about Nodes being more important than hashpower. I don't see how raspberry pi nodes that cost $10 and can be put up en masse is more valuable than the hashpower which takes millions of dollars to acquire. Why would you determine the valid upgrade by something so insignificant and manipulable? User Activated Soft Fork, UASF, just a lie to make the little guy feel fuzzy.  It's a marketing gimmick.

Vlad has long ago said that Litecoin was not the intention of his riddle and if you read you would know it's been solved for years.

XIC is Litecoin?

No.  It's not.  It requires a little research - but you may get lucky with a guess.
That's post #11.

You really want to get behind the guy who posts stupid shit like this?

Not me.

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 08:26:10 AM

This is what I see:

I can only speak for myself, but I think Charlie Lee is a dork. Litecoin has been declining from its high of .02 btc for quite awhile now and he's constantly declaring victory off of the usd value increases coming from Bitcoin's rise. Charlie Lee posts price predictions and what I see as exceedingly lame memes on a daily basis. Rocket Chicken Moon, wow. So wowe. I see all kind of idiots talking about $1,000 Litecoin and how great Charlie is and how he is constantly working... I don't see it!

Furthermore he has sided against BCH and with the Blockstream corporation simply because he wants his lightning network to enable atomic transactions between Litecoin and BTC in the default wallet. I do not support such transactions and I do not view the current BTC as the legitimate successor to the pre-fork Bitcoin. Charlie is all about Nodes being more important than hashpower. I don't see how raspberry pi nodes that cost $10 and can be put up en masse is more valuable than the hashpower which takes millions of dollars to acquire. Why would you determine the valid upgrade by something so insignificant and manipulable? User Activated Soft Fork, UASF, just a lie to make the little guy feel fuzzy.  It's a marketing gimmick.

Vlad has long ago said that Litecoin was not the intention of his riddle and if you read you would know it's been solved for years.

XIC is Litecoin?

No.  It's not.  It requires a little research - but you may get lucky with a guess.
That's post #11.

You really want to get behind the guy who posts stupid shit like this?

Not me.

I really agree with what you're saying 100%.  That's how I've seen litecoin and Charlie Lee from the beginning and I'm surprised people still fall for the LTC is silver nonsense.  If you repeat it enough times...

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 08:31:21 AM

Is it the end for SHA 256 coins (besides bitcoin)? It seems miners have given up on them.
SHA 256 coins are not doing well unlike other coins like DASH, ETH and LTC.

We need miners cause we need security but there is an inherent flaw that should be obvious to all by now. The current reward mechanism and mining structure cause mass centralization by miners with the cheapest costs, which is china. 

Furthermore any country can add to that like Russia announced it will do with $100 million ASICS mine.

In my mind this is jack-knifing out of control.  And it's such a waste of resources. 

The "real" bitcoin or its successor will need to do it differently. 

See that?  Wink

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 12:51:44 PM

Its an octopus. Octopus are known as devilfish. They have 8 legs which was also considered an evil number. The true origin of the number 666 having to do with a Hebrew numerical alphabetical code spelling Nero Caesar. The 666 thing gained ground, after he began in who persecuting Christians, and was thought to be the antichrist. 888 being his predecesor Emperor Claudius. Octopode are cold blooded, and live in the sea. Cathulu being related to the octopus (possibly the father?), "Lives and reigns and conquers the world" which his son takes from him.

That's genuinely interesting history.  Smiley

wiked1

Activity: 417
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:20:47 PM

Some dood said this not so long back but cant remember who,when or where.Does it make any sense to you highly intelligent specimens?

TRB now WILL accept segwit blocks, but it will not parse the segwit'd portion as anything other than "anyone can spend"
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 08:57:50 PM

Some dood said this not so long back but cant remember who,when or where.Does it make any sense to you highly intelligent specimens?

TRB now WILL accept segwit blocks, but it will not parse the segwit'd portion as anything other than "anyone can spend"

As I gave specific instructions like 2 months ago, Segwit on BTC will get exploited and people are gonna lose their coins.  Simple math.  Simple logic.  Yet somehow everyone avoids the truth. 

Then I step in.

See that?!?!

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:31:02 AM

HardFireMiner

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:56:00 AM

Isn't Kenny Rogers singing about LSD and it's dangers? Is this an analogy to someone else here behaving like he is on LSD or just an innocent old song? Cheesy

x2666

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:15:31 PM

Isn't Kenny Rogers singing about LSD and it's dangers? Is this an analogy to someone else here behaving like he is on LSD or just an innocent old song? Cheesy
If Gleb is on LSD that would explain a lot of his more creative posts.  Grin

Microdosing on LSD every morning is supposedly a trendy thing to do in silicon valley which might be a factor to the unfounded euphoria right now.  Cheesy

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:30:48 PM

You gotta know when to hold up know when to fold up
Know when to walk away know when to run
You never count your money when you're tradin' your tokens
There'll be time enough for countin' when the tradin's done

FYI, when I lived in Nashville, I use to host Writers Nights, where twice (two different venues) I had the writer of that song, Don Schlitz, as my special guest. After Don played the songs that he recently wrote [at the time] (the format of a Writers Night), he played The Gambler - no band; just himself and his guitar.

Wow! That was ~30 years ago according to one archive I found showcasing myself hosting one venue: https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/112383211/. I'll save a funny story centered around Bobby Taylor - a Christian dude - and Rodney "Wayne" King for some other time. Spoiler: It has to do with a "trans" named Lisa who really wasn't a trans, but pretending to be a trans so to win tran contests, and her friend, April, a for-real trans who I once danced with to a song on the jukebox in a Huddle House at two in the morning while Lisa danced with Rodney while his wife, Paula, watched on.

Damn, I miss Nashville!  Cry Cry Cry

If Gleb is on LSD that would explain a lot of his more creative posts.  Grin

Microdosing on LSD every morning is supposedly a trendy thing to do in silicon valley which might be a factor to the unfounded euphoria right now.  Cheesy

Back in 1978, I bought my first AND LAST blotter (is that what you call it?) of LSD for five bucks. I was too scared to take it, so I tossed it. I've been fucked up ever since.  Shocked Shocked Shocked Oh, BTW, it was on Mission Beach Park north of San Diego where I bought it while Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street played on my new solid-state transistor radio (remember those?).
wiked1

Activity: 417
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:28:45 PM

The fate of this fork will be exactly the fate of all attempted forks to date : the savvy Bitcoin holders will sell their fake-Bitcoins on the fake network, while double-spending (and thus invalidating) their sale on the actual network, thereby keeping their actual Bitcoin safe.iv The proceeds of this "victimless"v crime will be used to purchase more legitimate Bitcoins on the legitimate network, thus draining away value from the holders of Bitcoin fakes, into the pockets of the legitimate Bitcoin holders.

Could Bitmain be positioning themselves now by offering the Bitcoin Cash fork (which presumably they know will fail to achieve the status of the true Bitcoin) so they will plausibly have an excuse to go back to mining TRB after the 2MB plan of the New York Agreement fails to materialize. I see possibly Bitmain is playing a very clever political game here to position themselves. And remember Bitmain retains also the AsciiBoost weapon which they can activate to hypothetically increase their hashrate by ~30%.

However there is an alternative scenario in that Bitmain et al might entirely ignore TRB and so a smaller miner such as perhaps Craig Wright’s claimed 20% share of network hashrate might take the risk to start “stealing” the SegWit transactions on and by mining TRB. As time goes on, it becomes more difficult for even Bitmain to orphan those older blocks as the amount of proof-of-work difficulty on the longest chain accumulates over time. The Bitcoin million BTC kingpin Mircea Popescu and others who are astute will be selling their BTC on the Core fork (as I explained how to do) and buying TRB somehow (will Craig Wright be providing an exchange?). This will continue to raise the hashrate of TRB relative to the Core fork.

A third and perhaps less likely scenario is that a sufficiently powerful player such as Bitmain could periodically swoop in driving hashrate of TRB up, orphaning recent blocks to steal back more SegWit (and any replayed Core transactions that were paid by Bitmain or proxies/allies), and then appear to leave only to come back again. This might be done to attack confidence in TRB and Core/SegWit in order to make the Bitcoin Cash fork look more relatively stable.

I anticipate the vast majority (if not all) of the news during August should be about the successful activation of SegWit and the euphoria of finally getting some scaling moving forward on Bitcoin. As well, the inability of Bitcoin Cash to dominate thus leading to more confidence in a victory of the New York Agreement. Thus I expect a blow off top in the BTC price perhaps even north of $4000. Not sure if we will get a waterfall crash after that peak or just a Fibonacci pullback, perhaps the latter if TRB has not kicked into high gear yet. It is also possible that Bitcoin Cash (BCC) has more initial success than I expect, and thus we might see instead of a moderation of the BTC and BCC prices, but perhaps the sum of the two $4000+.

Then as SegWit usage increases with adoption of Lightning Networks, the carrot for “stealing” SegWit on TRB increases until it (not if it) happens.

Unfortunately I think when this plays out fully, then we will see a waterfall crash in the cryptocurrency prices, because it will obliterate confidence in Bitcoin for perhaps up to a year or so (maybe only 6 months but I doubt it because it will be so shocking to everyone that Core was never really Bitcoin). Everyone will think that TRB is about theft and that cryptocurrency can never be trusted (when in fact it is Core that is enabling the loss of Bitcoins). The majority will be fearful as they see the price of Core BTC collapsing and they will fear to hold any cryptocurrency. Remember what Mt. Gox’s collapse did to Bitcoin (and altcoins) after crashed from over $1000+ in 2013.

*TRB http://thebitcoin.foundation/index.html

EDIT: TRB will accept SegWit blocks but SegWit transactions are spendable by anyone! I sourced that link on Trilema. I verified that Satoshi’s Bitcoin indeed enables anyone to spend P2SH. http://btcbase.org/log/2017-07-18#1685847

BTC spent with a SegWit transaction will be stolen by the first miner who can put a spend transaction in a block of the TRB (legacy Bitcoin) chain.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/9678/what-is-script-hash-address-exactly-and-how-does-it-work/answer-40730#answer-40730

It appears that any HF will only begin once there are recognizable SegWit transactions in a block, which the Real Bitcoin will refuse to mine on. Note I read that the format of a SegWit transaction is such that it can’t be detected until it is spent.

So it appears to me we will get a significant rise in the BTC price after August 1 (perhaps to $4000+?) which will be pushed by the enthusiasm about the hashrate support for SegWit and perhaps also people selling BCC to buy BTC creating more buying demand.

And then August 23 or so, I expect the SegWit chain to fork off from the minority hashrate Real Bitcoin one, and Bitcoin kingpin Mircea Popescu will begin selling the SegWit BTC and buying the Real BTC gradually driving the price of the former down and the latter up and then the hashrate will gradually switch over as well. Charlie Shrem (@charlieshrem) is mocking Mircea Popescu’s statement, “As far as anyone will be able to perceive, miners simply left”.

Afaik, to spend your BTC on the SegWit fork so that it can not be replayed on the legacy Bitcoin will require either mixing with some transactions from blocks that derived from a block containing a SegWit transaction, but (this probably does not scale well and) these can not begin until August 23. Before then, the other way is to attempt to double-spend to yourself on the SegWit fork and legacy Bitcoin over and over until it happens. You’ll need to import your private keys into separate wallets for each fork.

Note we might see altcoins initially dropped as BTC is rising, then the altcoins may catch up. As the HF chaos hits August 23 or so, we might see LTC skyrocket as the community realizes SegWit is dead on Bitcoin and Litecoin already has SegWit. Especially if BCC is defeated so that Jihan Wu (Bitmain) only has Litecoin remaining as their main scaling solution altcoin.

But we might see a collapse in all crypto perhaps after moving up to a peak before everyone realizes SegWit is fucked. Another crypto winter may be upon us after this blow off top ends with theft of the SegWit transactions.

EDIT:

What's your time frame for that?

Difficult to say how long after Aug 23 it will take for there to be enough SegWit transactions to steal, so that miners break away from SegWit chain and mine on real bitcoin chain.

CBravo

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:37:26 PM

is this genuine ?
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:26:23 PM

Wait, what! My theory isn't included? --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harris_Simons

James Harris "Jim" Simons founded Renaissance Technologies & Robert Mercer is the co-C.E.O. of Renaissance Technologies “Renaissance is the commercial version of the Manhattan Project”

Large number of big-name investors have pumped money into this company, including the founder of Renaissance Technologies https://www.wired.com/2016/12/7500-faceless-coders-paid-bitcoin-built-hedge-funds-brain/

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:00:40 PM

Huh what?

I am not proposing infinitely sized blocks, so I obviously acknowledge the concept of a too-high limit as being plausible.

If you want to continue the conversation, please be very explicit about what problem you think needs solving, and how whatever solution you're proposing solves that problem.

We might agree or disagree on both of those points, but we won't have a productive conversation if you can't say what problem you are trying to solve.

To summarize my position: I see one big problem that need solving:

Supporting lots (millions, eventually billions) of people transacting in Bitcoin.
  Ideally at as low a cost as possible, as secure as possible, and in the most decentralized and censorship-resistant way possible.

It is hard to get consensus on HOW to solve that problem, because no solution is obviously lowest cost, most secure, and most decentralized all at the same time, and different people assign different weights to the importance of those three things.

My bias is to "get big fast" -- I think the only way Bitcoin thrives is for lots of people to use it and to be happy using it. If it is a tiny little niche thing then it is much easier for politicians or banks to smother it, paint it as "criminal money", etc. They probably can't kill it, but they sure could make life miserable enough to slow down adoption by a decade or three.

"Get big fast" has been the strategy for a few years now, ever since the project became too famous to fly under the radar of regulators or the mainstream press.

The simplest path to "get big fast" is allowing the chain to grow. All the other solutions take longer or compromise decentralization (e.g. off-chain transactions require one or more semi-trusted entities to validate those off-chain transactions). I'm listening very carefully to anybody who argues that a bigger chain will compromise security, and those concerns are why I am NOT proposing an infinite maximum block size.

There is rough consensus that the max block size must increase. I don't think there is consensus yet on exactly HOW or WHEN.

http://log.bitcoin-assets.com/?date=21-01-2015#986194

"substitutes for Bitcoin are altcoins, sidechains, off-chain transactions, credit cards, wire transfers….."  http://log.bitcoin-assets.com/?date=21-01-2015#986357

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 293 »
  Print  

Jump to: