Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:52:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IS ETHERDELTA SAFE?  (Read 19507 times)
chennappa121

Activity: 400
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:18:14 PM

Etherdelta is safe to use now the issue was solved few weeks back, the etherdelta is working fine i done more than 10 trading there last week without any issue, now you can do the trading there its working fine.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:36:24 PM

Etherdelta? Its a crap exchange and it has been hack for so many times and I wondering if there's people still trading at them since looks like they are caming back again the people who trades on them. Remember EtherDelta had past bad reputation and they can do it again for many times around and they will just excuse that their site has been hack so that they can exit and get the money deposited on that site.
I'm not sure about all that, but what you say is true, I myself do not currently believe it after a lot of bad reputation has happened, I do not turn a blind eye to the news, as you say, they can re-do it and arguing they have experienced a disaster such as hacking or other cyber crime, in the worst case scenario they could have gone carrying all the money stored on them, so I will rethink before deciding to choose the right and trustworthy site to save my money, because I do not want the incident to overwhelm me
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:41:58 PM

Ever since they had a new ceo and their domain got attacked, etherdelta had a downward spiral. I stopped trading in that exchange since then. I do not want to connect my eth address and risk my tokens and eth. If ever you want to trade in there, I suggest you transfer your tokens to an alternate address so that if it gets hack again, your main address is not compromised.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:02:37 PM

I said yes, but I now prefer to use Forkdelta? have you tried Forkdelta, the experience of using Forkdelta is lighter.

Forkdelta hasn't go through something that can be an assurance that it should/must be trusted rather than etherdelta attacked but still on it's way to stand as Trusted and Legit site, but still if you have more crypto's that you HODL you should not stick to one exchange site, However, Fork and ether is a good site that accepts ERC20 tokens to be traded, but sometimes etherdelta gives me a goosebump with the bugs, if i'm going to sell some erc20 tokens it takes an hour to be converted i don't know if my connection is the problem or is there a bug needed to be fixed, it's still fresh when the system was down.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:05:00 PM

A few months ago there was an issue with Etherdelta and some people lost their ETH and tokens.

Has the issue been fixed, is it safe now?

ETHERDELTA IS NOT SAFE ANYMORE!!
they fork it alread so better us the FORKDELTA now,
this new exchange is better and faster. make sure to bookmark it by the way for better and safety.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:53:22 PM

EtherDelta is a Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange - Decentralized is nice to hear and Sounds Good but for me Most of Decentralized Exchange is hassle to used and very sleepy or Low volume in  terms of Security i think the risk is high due to (Insertion of private keys)if you import your existing wallet somewhere else offcourse* for me its good but needs to upgrade its service if im give a number of satisfaction rating out of 5 Im giving Etherdelta a 2.5 rating  ! I prepare to used Centralized Exchange but Smaller fees rather than ED.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:14:19 PM

Whethee it is etherdelta or any other exchange that requires your private key, i would say exporting private keys to any third party websites is always unsafe. You ahould keep your sensitive keys safe and never share it anywhere except to login on official wallet whenever you would need to send ethereum
mey466

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:14:33 PM

I always use ethetdelta to trade buy token or coin the hunt result and it is very convenient and safe no long wait for new coin directly listed in ED now there are new ones like ED ie forkdelta just try this better
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:21:19 PM

Although the issue already solved or not, I still think that ETD is not a worth exchange to trade, it's to dangerous to trade on this exchange and I'll never risk my token in here. There are only 2 things that ETD better than other exchange that you can add every token that you want to trade and this is the best place to collect good token with low price when they still not listed on the official exchange Smiley)

Malbaunti

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:55:20 PM

I don't like exchanges that need my private key to my wallet. I have to make a one-time wallet for them.
Sapphire9

Activity: 298
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:04:26 PM

Yes, it was hacked. but the problem is solved now. And still I hate etherdelta, it is not safe exchange even now, after fixing their problem. It is so slow that I will never use it for trading again !!! 

kreket1

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 07:41:29 PM

I don't like exchanges that need my private key to my wallet. I have to make a one-time wallet for them.

I also do not like this feature. The private key must be secret. I also created another wallet and spent more money on all transfers and commission. it's very uncomfortable but I think no one will change it

Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:44:21 PM

A few months ago there was an issue with Etherdelta and some people lost their ETH and tokens.

For now I haven't seen any issues or complaints towards this thing where people do get hacked with their tokens on using ED. Seems like the issue had been resolved but we should not still be confident and be still responsible with our imported keys on such site.Exchanges would never ever be safe when it comes on storing out tokens.For now I haven't used back ED after the incident because there are other options when it comes to decentralized exchanges.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:35:06 PM

I also do not like this feature. The private key must be secret. I also created another wallet and spent more money on all transfers and commission. it's very uncomfortable but I think no one will change it

You don't have a choice with that feature, it's common because these etherdelta & forkdelta type of exchanges are decentralized. Wallet gives you the identity to be recognized by the system. Those extra fees from transferring to one eth wallet to another is the payment for wanting to have a decentralized exchange. The same goes for idex.market which I find way cooler than etherdelta.
barsilonka

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:37:24 PM

Hello, well, don't know to be honest, but a lot of people say it's the worst exchange ever and don't recommend it to be used.
Arsenyo

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 07:52:29 AM

Etherdelta is not safe, i don't like this exchange. It is too slow and what is more important it needs my private key, so I don't use it
Cilorku

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:16:18 AM

I think etherdelta is still the right choice as a digital wallet, we just need to be careful to keep the private key we have. if you want, may be looking for other alternatives.
Bolabi

Activity: 220

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:21:55 AM

this depends on us in keeping the private key we have, I think etherdelta is still safe to use.
kreket1

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 12:24:04 PM

You don't have a choice with that feature, it's common because these etherdelta & forkdelta type of exchanges are decentralized. Wallet gives you the identity to be recognized by the system. Those extra fees from transferring to one eth wallet to another is the payment for wanting to have a decentralized exchange. The same goes for idex.market which I find way cooler than etherdelta.

Yes, I agree with you, but still the fear is present when trading on this exchange. Create a second purse is not so difficult, but I'll definitely save all the coins on my main wallet

Bento98

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:22:53 PM

I think Etherdelta is the safest exchange tool, it was yesterday Etherdelta had a problem my friend also said so but my friend did not lose tokenya.dan now Etherdelta is completely safe so do not need to worry anymore.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: