Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:25:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread.  (Read 89532 times)
colemab

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:02:21 AM

I installed 3 units when I received them on Saturday.  They are running on Win 7 64 bit with provided drivers and bundled bfgminer version 3.2.0.  

They have been running fine at about 2.25 Gh/s until today.  One of the units just stopped working - the other two were still working.  So I tried to unplug the unit and plug it back in without any luck.  Moving to a different USB port didn't work either.  Trying to manually add the device in bfgminer didn't work either.

I ended up locating the 'bad' unit by seeing which com port was added when it was unplugged and plugged back in.  Then I stopped bfgminer.  Then I uninstalled the device from the device manager and unplugged / replugged the unit back in.   After the driver was automatically re-installed, I restarted bfgminer at it started back up running fine.

I post this here in case someone else sees this problem and/or my unit dies later on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LogicalUnit

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:21:27 AM

I have been able to get Block Erupters working concurrently with Blue Fury ASICs on MinePeon with bfgminer 3.3.0

Sadly, some of the ASICs become unstable when I try to daisy-chain more than 1 hub per usb port on the Pi. Only four Blue Fury units will fit on a DUB-H7 due to their large profile.

Here's what I put in my Miner Startup Setting:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S ICA:/dev/ttyUSB0 -S ICA:/dev/ttyUSB1 -S ICA:/dev/ttyUSB2 -S ICA:/dev/ttyUSB3 -S ICA:/dev/ttyUSB4 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

Note that I do not manually specify the Blue Fury units. Doing this caused MinePeon to crash when I plugged in a second hub.
crudpuppy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:09:34 AM

Ok,  so I just got my tracking number for mine and was looking here to see what works and wont doesn't.
I'm running win7 64bit with bout 35 block erupters right now under cgminer 3.5.0 so what will work on this OS and with these devices using zadiag preferred so I don't have all those dynamic com ports to mess with.

Looks like some got working in cgminer 3.7.0?

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:22:26 AM

Ok,  so I just got my tracking number for mine and was looking here to see what works and wont doesn't.
I'm running win7 64bit with bout 35 block erupters right now under cgminer 3.5.0 so what will work on this OS and with these devices using zadiag preferred so I don't have all those dynamic com ports to mess with.

Looks like some got working in cgminer 3.7.0?
Yes go with cgminer 3.7.0

Message me if you have any problems
nite423

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:26:31 AM

Finally got my five fury's rolling this morning, I'm running CGMiner 3.7.0 on Windows 7.

After 12 hours running I have still yet to get a single hardware error, but the overall hash speeds have been a little disappointing.  I do have one miner that is pushing 2.4 Gh/s but then they go south from there.  Two are running around 2.2 Gh/s, one is clinging at 2.0 Gh/s and the slowest is chugging around 1.8 Gh/s. 

I'm guessing that I (along with others) are just needing to wait for some tweaks (drivers/firmware/CG-BFG miner updates) to come along to help squeeze more out of these little monsters. 
Epinnoia

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:11:22 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 05:24:49 AM by Epinnoia

Finally got my five fury's rolling this morning, I'm running CGMiner 3.7.0 on Windows 7.

3.7.0 is giving me 100Mh/sec LESS than 3.6.6 did, with lots of "GetResults took 1000ms but was 10ms" that were not there in 3.6.6.  Instead of 1.3 to 1.4 Gh/sec, it's getting 1.2 to 1.3 Gh/sec in 3.7.0.  So, for now, I am reverting back to the debug build that was made available a couple/few days ago of 3.6.6.  

64bit Win7

My first miner -> ATI 4550 (7.2 Mh/sec): 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptospeculators/
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:00:05 AM

After 12 hours running I have still yet to get a single hardware error, but the overall hash speeds have been a little disappointing.  I do have one miner that is pushing 2.4 Gh/s but then they go south from there.  Two are running around 2.2 Gh/s, one is clinging at 2.0 Gh/s and the slowest is chugging around 1.8 Gh/s. 

I'm guessing that I (along with others) are just needing to wait for some tweaks (drivers/firmware/CG-BFG miner updates) to come along to help squeeze more out of these little monsters. 

Used Zadig (win7)  drivers shows in devices as Bitfury BF1 USB Miner (COM12) down loaded CGMiner 3.7.0 Windows. But not finding Device.

[2013-11-04 21:58:50] USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to instal
l a WinUSB driver for - BF1 device 6:1-i1
 [2013-11-04 21:58:50] bitfury detect (6:1) failed to initialise (incorrect devi
ce?)
 [2013-11-04 21:58:57] USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to instal
 [2013-11-04 21:58:57] bitfury detect (6:1) failed to initialise (incorrect devi
ce?)

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
FrontLineFodder

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:22:56 AM

G'Day,
Received my order from Julz yesterday, up and running with bfgminer on ubuntu, all good (error rate is way out there, however hashrate and score show correctly in the pool).

I'm using the 10 port aluminium Orico usb hubs (A3H10 http://en.orico.com.cn/info.aspx?pid=336), the profile of the heatsink on the fury's mean that I am unable to use all 10 ports on the hub.
The heatsink pictured by klintay (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299295.msg3421456#msg3421456) appears to be lower profile and has fins in a better orientation for my airflow setup.
Assuming i can find better heatsinks, is there any recommendations on how to remove the current one ? It appears to be glued on.
nite423

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:24:43 AM

Used Zadig (win7)  drivers shows in devices as Bitfury BF1 USB Miner (COM12) down loaded CGMiner 3.7.0 Windows. But not finding Device.

[2013-11-04 21:58:50] USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to instal
 [2013-11-04 21:58:50] bitfury detect (6:1) failed to initialise (incorrect devi
ce?)
 [2013-11-04 21:58:57] USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to instal
 [2013-11-04 21:58:57] bitfury detect (6:1) failed to initialise (incorrect devi
ce?)

I used Zadig v2.0.1.160.  After I plugged in the first BF I used Zadig to change the driver and then started CGMiner 3.7.0.  After that, all I had to do was plug in each BF one at a time and let it do its thing to each one. 

I restarted my PC running all of this and I've gained a little bit of speed on some miners.  Like I said, maybe in a few days some updates will help squeeze out a bit more speed...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102291459/CGminer.jpg
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:11:55 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 09:48:07 AM by Beastlymac

I have talked with our EE he has said that the hashrate of 2.2ghs is because of the bitfury chip. He says that this is the average that people will be getting. If you are lucky you can get units that perform higher or if you aren't lucky you could potentially get some worse units it all depends on the bitfury chip. It seems when we build prototypes that we where lucky with the chips that we received.

Edit. It is possible to overclock the units and push them to potentially 2.7 by replacing the 22k resistor with a 10k one.

kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:31:01 AM

I have talked with our EE he has said that the hashrate of 2.2ghs is because of the bitfury chip. He says that this is the average that people will be getting. If you are lucky you can get units that perform higher or if you aren't lucky you could potentially get some worse units it all depends on the bitfury chip. It seems when we build prototypes that we where lucky with the chips that we received.
For fairness, the burden of this 'bad luck' should be carried mainly by the seller, not by the consumers. The specified claimed performance was "Spec: Rated speed 2.6Gh/s. +/- 10%" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299295.0. You probably need to consider some sort of compensation, for example in coupons on future sales, rather than 'passing the buck' and blaming luck.
Epinnoia

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:38:16 AM

For fairness, the burden of this 'bad luck' should be carried mainly by the seller, not by the consumers. The specified claimed performance was "Spec: Rated speed 2.6Gh/s. +/- 10%" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299295.0. You probably need to consider some sort of compensation, for example in coupons on future sales, rather than 'passing the buck' and blaming luck.

I paid for two of them -- 2.6Gh/sec x 2.  +-10%.  The one that arrived is barely able to sustain 1.4Gh/sec!!   The one I have is clearly defective and not performing anywhere near what was advertised/promised.  I was told in PM that they screwed up something in the firmware.  I don't want coupons.  I want 2.6Gh/sec x 2 +-10% or my money returned.

Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:39:47 AM

Yeah I'm only running 2.28 aswell. And after correctly installing the given drivers and editing the .bat file correctly (as in the supplied guide didn't work)

Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:49:15 AM

Currently we are looking at providing coupons to people for our next batch of usbs. I have sent the firmware to Luke-jr and Ckolivas to look over and it is possible that the firmware can be optimised or issues fixed. If it is I will release it with information on how to flash it to devices.

Epinnoia

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:57:30 AM

Currently we are looking at providing coupons to people for our next batch of usbs. I have sent the firmware to Luke-jr and Ckolivas to look over and it is possible that the firmware can be optimised or issues fixed. If it is I will release it with information on how to flash it to devices.

I'll be willing to talk coupons and a device that does 2.2 or 2.3 Gh/sec.  But under no circumstances am I going to be content to receive just coupons for a device that does only 1.4 Gh/sec.  I will contact Paypal before that, you can be assured.

kabopar

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:17:46 AM

Tried cgminer 3.7.0, got lower hash rate than bfgminer32-3.2.0

At least now the BF1 is detected, however the sign that something is not right is that instead of alternating between red and orange, the LED flashes red/off.
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:19:03 AM

At least now the BF1 is detected, however the sign that something is not right is that instead of alternating between red and orange, the LED flashes red/off.
Stop cgminer Hit the rst button then restart cgminer.

visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:20:03 AM

But wait a minute.  I haven't even gotten my 0.05 btc/unit compensation yet.  Can I get those first?  How?
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:21:42 AM

But wait a minute.  I haven't even gotten my 0.05 btc/unit compensation yet.  Can I get those first?  How?

Who is your groupbuy leader?

kabopar

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:29:19 AM

Stop cgminer Hit the rst button then restart cgminer.
Tried this, the LED lights up in orange briefly, but after being re-detected by cgminer it flashes red/off, and the hash rate remains as before...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: