Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:57:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread.  (Read 89533 times)
ssinc

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Hash for Cash!

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:26:39 PM

CGminer 3.7.2 on Windows 7 - 32

sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:10:17 PM

got 10 of these running......NNNAAAAHHHHHIIIICCCCCEEEE!!!!

THANKS BPMC AND SSINC!

was a little work to get them going on windows 7.....maybe cause of the usb eruptors on there too? anyway. got it, working great, thanks again.
Epinnoia

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:09:42 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 01:43:20 AM by Epinnoia

Ok just had a thought. Could be totally wrong here.
The chips are rated at 5gh.
So the hw errors we are receiving from 50-60 percent is the reduction of hash power.
That's why we are getting these hash speeds of 2.2gh

It's just a thought
What does everyone else think

Haven't looked into it, but I assumed the HW errors were just timing out or not returning valid data when no nonce was found.  As for the chips being rated for 5GH, not under the 2.5W you can get out of a USB port (and don't forget the power for the supporting hardware besides the bitfury chip).

Interesting.  So basically, these chips are running in a constant electricity-starved state.  And if they run too fast for their supplied power, they're supposed to scale back to the most stable speed possible.  Great in theory, but in practice, starving ICs doesn't seem to produce great or even legible results.  In my opinion, there probably isn't any hope in cgminer or any other miner working around this problem.  A firmware change MAY help if it addresses the garbled communications that happen when it chokes itself out of power.

My first miner -> ATI 4550 (7.2 Mh/sec): 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptospeculators/
Epinnoia

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:27:52 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 12:43:09 AM by Epinnoia

I installed 3.7.2 of cgminer, and it's now performing as well for me as the special debug version of 3.6.6 did -- without the constant barrage of comm errors that 3.7.0 introduced.  It's still only producing 1.3-1.4Gh/sec on my fury -- the same as BFGminer's effective rate.  

I also experimented a bit with the work difficulty level, thinking maybe it would perform better on much more difficult work.  So I turned the difficulty up to 256 and let it run overnight.  At first, it looked promising.  But I think I just got a couple initial quick finds.  After about 6 or so hours, it still only produced about 1.4Gh/sec on average....*sigh*

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:27:37 AM

As a reseller, I have not had any complaints yet, but I'm sure I will.  I sold out today and the first orders are just getting delivered.
I calculated at 2.2 Gh/s vs. the promised 2.6 Gh/s there will be about $3.20 in lost mining revenue.  This takes into account difficulty increases using the coinish calculator.  Disappointing, but not enough to throw a stink over.
zyk0

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:54:15 AM

As a reseller, I have not had any complaints yet, but I'm sure I will.  I sold out today and the first orders are just getting delivered.
I calculated at 2.2 Gh/s vs. the promised 2.6 Gh/s there will be about $3.20 in lost mining revenue.  This takes into account difficulty increases using the coinish calculator.  Disappointing, but not enough to throw a stink over.
That's one way to try and minimize the over promised hash rate.  On the other hand if someone payed 0.8 bitcoins and only got 85% of what they paid for, they're out 0.10 to 0.12 bitcoins at least.. which is a far cry from $3.20 at the moment.
ripmax

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:25:22 AM

Hi All

I'm having an issue where one of my Blue Furys will only hash at 10mh/s to 33mh/s. Any ideas? Ive tried BFGMiner 3.4 which just says 100% HW errors, CFGMiner 3.7 which reports its as 33mh/s.  Plugged into a Win7X64 PC. Tried a USB 2 port, USB 3 port, a powered hub by itself and a hub with 4 other Furys but the result is the same each time.

http://i40.tinypic.com/b54fmb.jpg
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:06:25 AM

I'm unclear as to any real solution to a recurring problem I'm having and seeing in this thread, perhaps it was lost in translation but I am trying to get mine running on bfgminer for Win 7 as per the directions in the Op.  Windows has installed and recognized the devices, when I run bfgminer it tells me my bluefury com ports are busy and can't be contacted.

Additional observation, when these are powered but with usb hub to pc disconnected the light is a yellow/orange color, as soon as I connect the hub they turn dark orange/red color.

If someone could provide a clear concise troubleshooting/solution for this issue I'd greatly appreciate it (and please add it to the OP it seems to be a common enough problem....)

Thanks!

Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:05:20 AM

I'm unclear as to any real solution to a recurring problem I'm having and seeing in this thread, perhaps it was lost in translation but I am trying to get mine running on bfgminer for Win 7 as per the directions in the Op.  Windows has installed and recognized the devices, when I run bfgminer it tells me my bluefury com ports are busy and can't be contacted.

Additional observation, when these are powered but with usb hub to pc disconnected the light is a yellow/orange color, as soon as I connect the hub they turn dark orange/red color.

If someone could provide a clear concise troubleshooting/solution for this issue I'd greatly appreciate it (and please add it to the OP it seems to be a common enough problem....)

Thanks!
The USB should be yellow when it has power and red when it is plugged into a computer. When it is initialising it will turn organge and when it is working it will flash yellow/red.

Message me if you have any problems
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:10:41 AM

That's one way to try and minimize the over promised hash rate.  On the other hand if someone payed 0.8 bitcoins and only got 85% of what they paid for, they're out 0.10 to 0.12 bitcoins at least.. which is a far cry from $3.20 at the moment.

Very true.
nite423

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:58:59 AM

The USB should be yellow when it has power and red when it is plugged into a computer. When it is initialising it will turn organge and when it is working it will flash yellow/red.

So what does just a blinking red LED stand for?  That is what my 5 miners are doing.
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:01:08 AM

So what does just a blinking red LED stand for?  That is what my 5 miners are doing.
It means they are hashing. It just means that you have stopped the mining software and not reset the device before starting the software again.

mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:06:36 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 06:34:14 AM by mogrith

Turns out I can't read directions and was not installing zadig driver correctly Once I selected the bitfury device from the dropdown. it started working.

Now to let it settle down cause I'm only getting 1.325GH/s but slowing creeping up. cgminer 3.7.2
-edit--
well better but I may try a different cgminer later
cgminer version 3.7.2 - Started: [2013-11-05 21:57:46]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):2.031G (avg):1.566Gh/s | A:866  R:16  HW:0  WU:27.7/m
 ST: 2  SS: 0  NB: 45  LW: 1807  GF: 0  RF: 0
 Connected to stratum-lb-usa48.btcguild.com diff 2 with stratum as user mogrith_1
 Block: 4601a9a6...  Diff:511M  Started: [22:23:54]  Best share: 460
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [P]ool management S ettings D isplay options Q uit
 BF1 0:                | 1.972G/1.566Gh/s | A:846 R:16 HW:0 WU:27.7/m

[2013-11-05 22:29:51] Accepted 31627533 Diff 5/2 BF1 0 pool 1

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
zyk0

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:44:04 AM

It means they are hashing. It just means that you have stopped the mining software and not reset the device before starting the software again.

When running cgminer, the yellow LED shuts off for me and they just flash red when hashing.  Later switching to bfgminer doesn't not restore the yellow LED and will continue to only flash red when hashing.  However, if I only use bfgminer from a fresh reset though. the yellow LED stays on even with the red LED flashing while mining.

If the yellow LED is always supposed to be lit indicating power, then is WinUSB or cgminer doing something wrong that this yellow LED goes out, and if so.. why does the firmware allow this?
kabopar

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:58:31 AM

@Beastlymac
Any chance of a firmware release to improve the performance of these Blue Fury devices?  It seems like the consensus from actual buyers of those is that the average hash rate is close to 2.2 GH/sec, and with a high error rate (that seems to be 'cosmetically masked' by some of the mining software, as per Con Kolivas' comments).  These perhaps might be improved with some controller tweaking.

There are also a few users who seem to have a small number of BF's with a much lower hash rate, you probably need to come to some agreement about how their case is rectified.

Cheers
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:01:54 AM

@Beastlymac
Any chance of a firmware release to improve the performance of these Blue Fury devices?  It seems like the consensus from actual buyers of those is that the average hash rate is close to 2.2 GH/sec, and with a high error rate (that seems to be 'cosmetically masked' by some of the mining software, as per Con Kolivas' comments).  These perhaps might be improved with some controller tweaking.

There are also a few users who seem to have a small number of BF's with a much lower hash rate, you probably need to come to some agreement about how their case is rectified.

Cheers
Yes I just got a promising email from Luke so we should have a firmware update out soon that will fix the error rate and improve the hash rate. Also people who are getting bellow 2ghs are you using windows?

Epinnoia

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:11:27 AM

@Beastlymac
Any chance of a firmware release to improve the performance of these Blue Fury devices?  It seems like the consensus from actual buyers of those is that the average hash rate is close to 2.2 GH/sec, and with a high error rate (that seems to be 'cosmetically masked' by some of the mining software, as per Con Kolivas' comments).  These perhaps might be improved with some controller tweaking.

Cheers
Yes I just got a promising email from Luke so we should have a firmware update out soon that will fix the error rate and improve the hash rate. Also people who are getting bellow 2ghs are you using windows?

Yes, Win7 64bit.  I have also run it with cgminer in ubuntu vmware virtual machine as well.  I ordered a 2nd fury shortly after I bought the first.  So I have another one coming in the mail today to compare it with.  The one I have now won't do over 1.4Gh/sec.

kabopar

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:11:37 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 09:21:39 AM by kabopar

Stats after more than 24 hours on Win7, bfgminer 3.2.0

Average hash rate is 2.26 GH/sec, actual submitted average is a bit lower.  Consistent with prior results.
tk1337

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:16:22 PM

Awesome news!

I have 1 of 8 running on Arch Linux (MinePeon) that constantly gets below 2GH/s, but right at, it's usually at 1.95/196 GH/s, it has the same behavior on Ubuntu 13.
zamot

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:30:14 PM

Thanks!
just a dummy question. do we talk here about RED fury or BLUE fury ? Why is it named blue when no one talk/write about blue light.
Maybe i forgot ( the years are here) , but i have in memory that BLUE furys will have blue light  Huh

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: