Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 08:18:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread.  (Read 89561 times)
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:37:16 PM

Hello, i was wondering why my Blue Fury won't work, I've plugged it into my MinePeon run raspberry pi, no luck, and my computer, again no luck. I can see that its getting power because the lights come on. But it doesn't seem to work.  Cry

Thank you!

1.  you need a powered USB2 hub  (your PC may have enough power but many do not) (the rPi will not drive a miner)

2. Have you installed the correct drivers? (Here:-  http://www.mediafire.com/download/819me4zvdju8lyg/bfgminerWin.zip)

3. what mining software are you using?

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
jacob125

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:43:44 PM

Hello, i was wondering why my Blue Fury won't work, I've plugged it into my MinePeon run raspberry pi, no luck, and my computer, again no luck. I can see that its getting power because the lights come on. But it doesn't seem to work.  Cry

Thank you!

1.  you need a powered USB2 hub  (your PC may have enough power but many do not) (the rPi will not drive a miner)

2. Have you installed the correct drivers? (Here:-  http://www.mediafire.com/download/819me4zvdju8lyg/bfgminerWin.zip)

I'm using a powered hub, and mine peon has the drivers installed apparently.
And Ive tried using BFGMiner, and CGMiner.

Thanks!
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:53:00 PM

Thank you!

Thanks!

What version of minepeon?     the latest is 0.2.5 pr1

If you log into minepeon from your PC then all the pool and setup menus are there on screen.

jacob125

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:02:41 PM

Thank you!

Thanks!

If you log into minepeon from your PC then all the pool and setup menus are there on screen.

Yes, its ver 0.2.4, but should that affect it? And it works fine with my three block erupters.
Thank you!
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:36:04 PM

Thank you!

Thanks!

Yes, its ver 0.2.4, but should that affect it? And it works fine with my three block erupters.
Thank you!

Initially there was a clash between bluefury and erupter drivers, the fix at the time was to name the ports, com1    com2    etc.

you will have to do some reading on the BFGminer thread  as to how this works.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=168174.msg4819869#msg4819869

also on the minepeon thread   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251675.msg4806905#msg4806905

there is a lot of reading there,

unless someone else can jump in with more detail.

Atomar

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:40:14 PM

I would say try the newest minepeon 0.2.5. this way you get the new bfgminer whit it.
jacob125

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:11:36 PM

I would say try the newest minepeon 0.2.5. this way you get the new bfgminer whit it.

Just updated to 0.2.5, No luck. Still not working Sad
jacob125

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:17:48 PM

Thank you!

Thanks!

Thank you!

Initially there was a clash between bluefury and erupter drivers, the fix at the time was to name the ports, com1    com2    etc.

you will have to do some reading on the BFGminer thread  as to how this works.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=168174.msg4819869#msg4819869

also on the minepeon thread   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251675.msg4806905#msg4806905

there is a lot of reading there,

unless someone else can jump in with more detail.

Still can't find out the cause and how to fix it. Could it be a fault with the device its self?

Thanks!
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:22:24 PM

Jacob who did you buy the device from?

Message me if you have any problems
jacob125

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:37:38 PM

I Brought it off of ebay, (As i have no bit coin to buy it because I'm just starting off).
 as a fully working device, and i can't return it as it says no returns.
Thank you!
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:23:50 PM

I Brought it off of ebay, (As i have no bit coin to buy it because I'm just starting off).
Thank you!

have a read on this site, he sells miners and has some setup information:-  www.cryptoware.co.uk

EDIT
Can you list your hardware and what you have done up to now?

jacob125

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:40:51 PM

Thank you!

have a read on this site, he sells miners and has some setup information:-  www.cryptoware.co.uk

EDIT

What I'm using(trying) to mine.
Raspberry pi model B running MinePeon 0.2.5
Blue fury (And 3 block erupters which work fine on mine peon)
5v USB Hub (came with the raspberry pi).

Thank you!
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:56:52 PM

Thank you!

EDIT

Thank you!

Try setting up everything again. Doing a gitpull for the latest code. But not letting the block erupters near mine peon they normally cause conflicting issues.

Message me if you have any problems
jacob125

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:36:31 PM

Thank you!

EDIT

Thank you!

Try setting up everything again. Doing a gitpull for the latest code. But not letting the block erupters near mine peon they normally cause conflicting issues.

Ok, reset everything recently, and haven't plugged them in, but the Blue fury still donsnt work.

Thanks!
fastcore

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:23:27 PM

So I have 8 block erupters on one powered USB Orico hub on port 1 of my computer and 1 Antminer and 3 red furies on another Orico powered hub. Everything works fine but one red fury starts to slow down Ghash and the eventually starts running at 0.00 mhash. Does this just happen with this hardware that they need to be rebooted every 2-5 days? I have a fan on them cooling them and I haven't pencil moded or done anything like that. It appears to rotate between my red furies. I'm running the bfgminer that is compatible with Antminers and running Windows Home Server 2011 64bit on this particular machine which is a build off Windows Server 2008 R2. Although these are USB 3.0 hubs, my home server has 2.0 ports. Thanks!
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:27:48 PM

So I have 8 block erupters on one powered USB Orico hub on port 1 of my computer and 1 Antminer and 3 red furies on another Orico powered hub. Everything works fine but one red fury starts to slow down Ghash and the eventually starts running at 0.00 mhash. Does this just happen with this hardware that they need to be rebooted every 2-5 days? I have a fan on them cooling them and I haven't pencil moded or done anything like that. It appears to rotate between my red furies. I'm running the bfgminer that is compatible with Antminers and running Windows Home Server 2011 64bit on this particular machine which is a build off Windows Server 2008 R2. Although these are USB 3.0 hubs, my home server has 2.0 ports. Thanks!

Have you swapped the hubs over? That may eliminate a dodgy hub/power supply.

MrsDoublehelix

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:46:46 PM

IMHO the mining software, plus finding the right pencil for modding and proper cooling of the device is
extremly important for squeezing the max out of the Blue Fury:

http://feine-tapeten.de/images/div/pencil_mod2.png

The unmodded device was running at only 2.37 GHs/s.
fastcore

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:30:51 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 03:24:51 PM by fastcore

I'll try switching them. Maybe I should invest in an Anker but I bought these when they cost as much as one just because I wanted all black ones.

2/12/14 - Update, I moved these to my Win 7 machine on a Anker hub with one Ice Fury and they are all hashing fine finally.
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:47:08 PM

I'll try switching them. Maybe I should invest in an Anker but I bought these when they cost as much as one just because I wanted all black ones.

I'm running the Blue Furies through Orico ten port hubs and it's not the hubs, let me assure you of that (there's comment somewhere on this forum that the Orico's are made by Anker anyway), it's the Furies, they are so fickle. I've got some Antminer U1's arriving in the mail so cannot comment on those yet but I run both Block Erupter usbs and the Blue Furies in the Orico hubs. The trick that has been working is to use two instances of bfg miner, one to recognise the Block Erupters (I use 3.2.1) and once they are hashing away, open up bfg 3.5.1 for the Blue Furies. If at first the Furies aren't being recognised, close your bfg 3.5.1 window, then leaving the Erupters hashing, manually remove each Fury, wait a few seconds, then plug it back into the hub, do that with all of them then open up 3.5.1 again, it should recognise them this time.

There's more about this on my post on page 14 of this thread with other posts subsequent also being very helpful. It might be that you need one window of bfg for the Ants and one for the Furies. I'm half expecting to be using a third window when my Antminers arrive, so maybe I'll have something to post in about a week or so about this.

The other thing that some people have suggested is if you are determined to use only the one instance of bfg and make it recognise your different type of miners, then you can identify each miner in each COM port in your target string in bfg which is fine if you have a handful of usbs but impractical if you're running a lot of them.

There's other solutions that have been found and people have documented their conclusions on this, admittedly, rather long thread but the Furies are not the easiest usbs to use and there always seems to be one that stops working every day or two, so 3.5.1 has to be closed briefly, the offending Fury pulled out of the hub, give it a few seconds, then push the Fury back in, start 3.5.1 and it should recognise them all again.

The other thing to point out is that different versions of bfg appear to work better with different system setups, so look for posts which outline solutions suitable to the OS you're using. I'm using Win7x32 but I did find that 3.2.1 for Erupters and 3.5.1 for the Furies also worked when I tried it on Win7x64, although it gave me hassles on Win8 and 8.1 so went back to 7x32 but you'll find that with hair-pulling and tweaking, most folks have finally got the Furies to work on whatever setup they use but it sure as hell is not 'one size fits all' like some other usb miners out there.

Good luck with it all.

Smiley

fastcore

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:00:33 PM

I'm running the Blue Furies through Orico ten port hubs and it's not the hubs, let me assure you of that (there's comment somewhere on this forum that the Orico's are made by Anker anyway), it's the Furies, they are so fickle. I've got some Antminer U1's arriving in the mail so cannot comment on those yet but I run both Block Erupter usbs and the Blue Furies in the Orico hubs. The trick that has been working is to use two instances of bfg miner, one to recognise the Block Erupters (I use 3.2.1) and once they are hashing away, open up bfg 3.5.1 for the Blue Furies. If at first the Furies aren't being recognised, close your bfg 3.5.1 window, then leaving the Erupters hashing, manually remove each Fury, wait a few seconds, then plug it back into the hub, do that with all of them then open up 3.5.1 again, it should recognise them this time.

There's more about this on my post on page 14 of this thread with other posts subsequent also being very helpful. It might be that you need one window of bfg for the Ants and one for the Furies. I'm half expecting to be using a third window when my Antminers arrive, so maybe I'll have something to post in about a week or so about this.

The other thing that some people have suggested is if you are determined to use only the one instance of bfg and make it recognise your different type of miners, then you can identify each miner in each COM port in your target string in bfg which is fine if you have a handful of usbs but impractical if you're running a lot of them.

There's other solutions that have been found and people have documented their conclusions on this, admittedly, rather long thread but the Furies are not the easiest usbs to use and there always seems to be one that stops working every day or two, so 3.5.1 has to be closed briefly, the offending Fury pulled out of the hub, give it a few seconds, then push the Fury back in, start 3.5.1 and it should recognise them all again.

The other thing to point out is that different versions of bfg appear to work better with different system setups, so look for posts which outline solutions suitable to the OS you're using. I'm using Win7x32 but I did find that 3.2.1 for Erupters and 3.5.1 for the Furies also worked when I tried it on Win7x64, although it gave me hassles on Win8 and 8.1 so went back to 7x32 but you'll find that with hair-pulling and tweaking, most folks have finally got the Furies to work on whatever setup they use but it sure as hell is not 'one size fits all' like some other usb miners out there.

Good luck with it all.

Smiley

That answer saves me $50! I may dump a red fury or two because I thought maybe the BFGs were fickle because of the higher hashing rates or the chip but the Antminers are doing great with no thought! BFGs look so badass but might be time to part with one or two of them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: