Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:05:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital money or virtual currency?  (Read 4114 times)
Qwerts

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:58:06 PM

Hello friends.
I have a problem to share.
My country is average. They are too familiar with outdated and old technologies.
In my country many people still understand Bitcoin as virtual currency. BTC does not bring anything to life. They just think Bitcoin investment is gambling, chance, black red.
Why?
Why do not they look at Bitcoin, ETH or blockchain technology for the present.
Blockchain minimizes transportation costs, intermediates and risks.
Personally, I always try to absorb and learn nonstop.
And you? How is your country?

It is simply because they lack the knowledge to understand bitcoin. In my country, it is not illegal but it is also not regulated that is why people do not accept it yet. They think ghat it is illegal because it is not known and widely accepted, this is the misconception about bitcoin. It opens a lot of opportunities to people and it financial services easier. I'd say it is a digital money as of now, but in the near future, it will become widely accepted as a virtual currency and will be regulated worldwide.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vritesh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:43:12 PM

According to me both digital money as well as virtual currency are equally important. Virtual currency is more used in under developed countries or developing countries where as digital money has more usage in developed countries. Both have their own positive and negative traits. Poor people or less educated people can not have much access of digital money so virtual currency is more useful for them. With more development digital money is becoming more useful these days. It can be concluded that both have their own levels of importance.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
Cripinggedang

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:45:57 PM

In many ways, the tasks that need to be addressed to all of the market participants are related to the definition of the blockchain as a real financial tool.

I think in my country, nearly 300 thousand people know about Bitcoin and are related to Bitcoin. There are many people who only know Bitcoin is a digital currency.
If you want to invest, you have to invest here. And what about my country. I don't think too much about others.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:54:43 AM

Hello friends.
My country is average. They are too familiar with outdated and old technologies.
In my country many people still understand Bitcoin as virtual currency. BTC does not bring anything to life. They just think Bitcoin investment is gambling, chance, black red.
Why?

For me bitcoin is both digital money and virtual currency. Sadly many people do not have enough knowledge about cryptocurrency and how it happened. Having insufficient knowledge lead people to the false news about bitcoin. As for digital money and virtual currency, it has both advantages and disadvantages.
Forsyth Jones

Activity: 1162
Merit: 623

Press F for Leo

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 04:13:14 AM

Virtual is something that represents something physical. Digital is any binary format that is converted into image, number, digits which will be converted into digital file to be sent to a site server. In other words, Virtual can be the amount that appears on your computer screen when checking your current account balance represents the physical money you can cash out at the ATM because it represents the physical money simulating the physical money. But that does not mean that necessarily that money is yours, it may be that you do not have all the money shown on the screen when you withdraw because the bank will not have liquidity to cover all withdrawals if everyone is drawn at the same time on behalf of the bank stay lending money and having profitability on top of that.

Bitcoin by definition is digital because it is not something tangible, you can not touch bitcoin, bitcoin is software, if I have 1.3 BTC in the computer I can actually spend that money because of the encryption that uses data that can not be duplicated

https://themarketmogul.com/difference-virtual-digital-crypto-currencies/

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:13:26 AM

Hello friends.
Why?

In most of the countries this problem exist and if we look at bitcoin availability and importance then you will just see that online market is flourishing day by day and in our country crypto is mot so clear to every one but some of the citizen are using it those who love the virtual currency they can adopt bitcoin very fast and in these days bitcoin market is down which is the main reason behind people coming and buying bitcoin but in my opinion soon bitcoin will be used to every one.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:17:04 AM

Hello friends.
Why?
My country is like your country. People do not understand much about Blockchain technology. Many people call it virtual currency because the journalists have said a lot of bad things about Crypto. They will not be able to invest in it to make a profit.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Kekenapep

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:12:16 AM

Poor and wee understanding of the blockchain technology has been a sort of constraint to most people,the more reason why I think crptocurrency education should be inculcated in our local towns and schools.people see the system as utter scam and shy away from it, not knowing the system is one for the future and is definitely gonna be as important as fiat someday
Heidi Farrell

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:23:18 AM

They are used interchangeably however I would argue that only a “cryptocurrency” is one that is based on cryptography and likely refers to a decentralized distributed ledger based blockchain implementation. Technically most MMORPG’s have a digital or virtual currency. In fact pre-paid gift cards and even credit cards are essentially digital and virtual until redeemed or settled.
estupido

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:27:19 AM

I often hear that bitcoin is gambling or fraud, but gradually begins to understand and understand what is in it. And now many friends are successful because of it.
Azura.Nguyen

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:30:29 AM

Its either they see it as a threat or they don't know what cryptocurrency is. In my country we have a local online wallet that most of the people in my country are using, it's good because you can pay your bills, topup load or buy on online shop using that local wallet app that we're using.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:33:19 AM

There is no way you need to choose over Digital money or fiat currency since fiat is still highly recommendable as a daily currency. We don't need to choose from it if both currency do have a field advantage, from the word digital of course you are going to use digital money if you need to transact on internet while its very obvious on the counterpart, the fiat money.
letzdodiz

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:35:26 AM

Presently, perhaps your nation does not think about Bitcoin, but rather simply take a gander at it for another 2 to 5 years, they will think about Bitcoin. the critical thing is, there is no denial on playing Bitcoin in your nation, so that doesn't make a difference. proceed to work and gather cash however much as could reasonably be expected. later on when everybody new to Bitcoin, you've turned into a rich man. Also, they recently understood that Bitcoin truly exists and is extremely helpful.
nauredok

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:35:33 AM

Yeah this is really true that cryptocurrency could minimize transaction fee on the payment form for the establishment.It is not a credible currency due to the right and control of any government or institution on this. Most of it is used in unseasonable tasks. Therefore, it is banned in almost 70 countries of the world, India is also one of them.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:35:51 AM

Give your country some time to come to term with this 21st century financial breakthrough which is bitcoin/blockchain technology in a whole, in my country the government just set of a committee to investigate illegal money and I think bitcoin is going to be the central of they investigation but that is a total  waste of time. If only they can embrace bitcoin and make transactions easy for them and the entire country.
Camilla Gill

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:40:02 AM

A Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or Ethereum is also a digital and virtual currency.
A digital currency does not have to be based on encryption. It should be paperless and enable digital transactions. It should be widely accepted as a form of payment.
A virtual currency is a subset of digital currency that can be used within a defined space. Lots of online games has the concept of virtual currency that can be earned and spent based on your participation in their online universe.
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:02:35 PM

Hello friends.
Why?
many people are not open handed or minded so that is why they did not fully understand the crypto.
guess in the future if we were looking forward they will understand it to gain knowledge from it they need to going through some article about bitcoin it will help in their day to day running of lives.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:32:49 PM

Hello friends.
Why?
Honestly in my opinion, we can not force a people from some country to directly learn or instantly learn about the new technology such as bitcoin or even a virtual currency. Because it will be very depending on their own desire to learn it and to adapt it.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
cherryfer

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:38:49 PM

Hello friends.
Why?

Digital money is part of doing in virtual currency all activities in Bitcoin including investment and payment transaction are actually served by bitcoin. My advice to new user just continue support Bitcoin to become number one choice of the people.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:01:17 PM

Hello friends.
Why?

My country, the Philippines, is trying really hard to metigate and immediately regulate the inflow of cryptocurrencies in the country including bitcoins in exchanges. I for one think that it's a good sign that the Philippines is finally opening its doors to this kind of technology although I'm afraid that the government might screw things over and manipulate the whole system for themselves. You know how the Filipino Government works.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: