Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:04:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITBURNER FURY Technical discussion  (Read 18259 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:59:48 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294735.280

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
scotjam

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:49:45 PM

So while I'm waiting for the courier pick-up, I've been fiddling with zadig, uninstalling drivers for unknown usb device in device manager, running zadig again etc and eventually I got it working. Bizarrely using the same settings as I had been using on the raspberry pi (getting 46-48 GH/s), got me about 48-51 GH/s when I was running on a full desktop on windows 7 and the standard cgminer 3.60 build.

My settings were:
cgminer-nogpu.exe -o [pool details] -u [pool username] -p [pool password] --avalon-options 115200:32:10:47:260 --bitburner-voltage 1300

Can you please elaborate how to get them running under windows?
what actually should we do with zadig?

You will need to install a winusb driver using "zadig" which can be downloaded from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwdi/files/zadig/

I tested this version: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwdi/files/zadig/zadig_v2.0.1.160.7z/download

You run zadig and choose list all devices from the menu. Select Bitburner, then install the winusb driver. For me, this didn't completely work the first time, so I had to go into device manager, uninstall the "bitburner" driver in the USB section, and then restart, and then go to device manager, remove the "unknown device" driver from the USB section, run zadig again, and install the winusb driver.

Bitburner will only show up on the list in zadig when you have the Bitburner board plugged in.

Does that help?

Best

scotjam
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:37:26 PM

cryptx it seems that my 2 boards refuse to hash chained together. Only the board that has the USB cable is hashing.

And what's with the power leakage??? If i touch my micro-USB cable to the micro-USB jack from the board i get mini sparkles. THAT CAN'T BE GOOD! Advice?

lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 02:04:42 PM

Hello guys, can you please tell me how to install these boards on Windows? Where to find drivers?

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:07:19 PM

Hello guys, can you please tell me how to install these boards on Windows? Where to find drivers?

google zadig drivers. then options>list all devices and install

scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:23:25 PM

google zadig drivers. then options>list all devices and install

When I did that, the driver seemed to install but didn't work properly in cgminer the first time (connected to the pool but wouldn't actually mine). So I had to go into device manager, uninstall the bitburner driver, reboot, install driver again in zadig (this time it wasn't recognised properly - "unknown device" or something like that), uninstall again in device manager, reboot again and then I was able to install the bitburner driver again in zadig and it worked.

TL;DR - you might need to be patient and fiddle with it to get it to work. Good luck!

Best

scotjam
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:39:02 PM

When I look closer to the accepted shares / HW errors ratio I've noticed that accepted shares are calculated based on target pools difficulty, ie. A: 127 HW:1
Does that mean that in that case my hardware errors ratio is  50%. using cgminer 3.6.6 and BBF newest firmware.
shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:48:23 PM

cryptx, I PM you about one of the board I won from auction die suddenly. No LED, no power to fan. Please respond or I got $1000 paper weight only after 3 days of hashing   Shocked

cryptx it seems that my 2 boards refuse to hash chained together. Only the board that has the USB cable is hashing.

And what's with the power leakage??? If i touch my micro-USB cable to the micro-USB jack from the board i get mini sparkles. THAT CAN'T BE GOOD! Advice?

Try the older firmware BitBurnerFury_08.10.13.hex, it fix that problem for me.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:28:11 PM

cryptx, I PM you about one of the board I won from auction die suddenly. No LED, no power to fan. Please respond or I got $1000 paper weight only after 3 days of hashing   Shocked

Where do i get it? I only see BitBurnerFury_for_bootloader.hex on his website.

Tursk

Activity: 92

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:32:37 PM

They're the same firmware.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:17:59 PM

They're the same firmware.

Tried to use that, but i only get firmware erased and nothing else happens. If i use bitburner-fury-firmware_1.2.6_BBF then it works normal.  By the way i'm having Bitdefender and i get PIC32UBL.exe deleted by the antivirus and then it blocks me from copying to that location again. Any suggestions?

cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:12:20 PM

30 boards for sale:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330741.0
shade88

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:48:16 PM

No reply on my dead board PM so I'm gonna take my dead board to local laptop repair to see if they can fix it. Hope this is the right course of action.

Nothing burned on the dead board but it drain no power at all. Anyone have any idea what's wrong with the board?
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:16:15 PM

No reply on my dead board PM so I'm gonna take my dead board to local laptop repair to see if they can fix it. Hope this is the right course of action.

Nothing burned on the dead board but it drain no power at all. Anyone have any idea what's wrong with the board?
Have you tried all power connectors ?
Are you sure your power supply is ok ?
Check the fuse, it's probably on the same position as the Bitburner boards: http://www.burninmining.com/news/ (first picture)

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
shade88

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:52:52 PM

Have you tried all power connectors ?
Are you sure your power supply is ok ?
Check the fuse, it's probably on the same position as the Bitburner boards: http://www.burninmining.com/news/ (first picture)

Yes, both power connectors is not working. With watt meter it show only psu power draw about 6 watt.

How do I check if the fuse is blown with multimeter? I got 0 knowledge about this kind of stuff but I got multimeter for my Bitfury Oct Kit.
shade88

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:05:15 PM

Don't expect customer service from cryptx. He said he will not offer any warranty from the start and now instead of helping people he is busy promoting his boards.

The boards are great when they work, weeks without any hiccup. I even consider purchase more after this but I think I'm gonna fill up my Bitfury Starter Kit instead Cheesy
OUTSIDE

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:53:48 PM

The board works PERFECT.

49GH/s average at 48-50ºC at 278MHz (settings 1300mv = ~1025mv I remember)

I'm testing with another options, but this is the best.

I have it with a Rpi with Raspbian and cgminer.

ByE!
cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:55:44 PM

We like to help our customers as good and as fast as possible. Every board sold is tested extensively.

If you have a problem with a board, pls contact us immediatly.

I hope you understand we cannot be held responsible if something happens to a board after hashing it for weeks.

warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:08:20 PM

We like to help our customers as good and as fast as possible. Every board sold is tested extensively.

I hope you understand we cannot be held responsible if something happens to a board after hashing it for weeks.

One of the 4 boards I have has not been hashing for weeks because it is faulty, maxing out at 12Gh/s. I have been waiting for a response to several emails since mlate October and then you delete my posts today in this thread when I have a legitimate issue to discuss. I would rather you send me a replacement board as compensation for the lost time and hashing power, while I ship back the faulty one immediately for you to examine that its certainly faulty. The long turnaround time to ship US<->Belgium and the fact that you will attempt to 'fix' it with no estimate as to how long that will take, is somewhat disconcerting. I am just saying it how it is. At this point I would prefer a partial refund because it saves us both headaches. I can supply all the images/screenshots/videos to prove that it is underperforming below your 40Gh/s advertised minimum.

shade88

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:47:43 PM

It's only been 3 days of hashing and my board I won from your auction for 3.3 BTC went dead. I received it at 7th Nov (check the fedex tracking) and it went dead at 10th Nov (check my PM date to you) but you never reply to my PM even just to say "sorry dude, you're on your own" so I know I must seek my own solution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: