Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:45:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITBURNER FURY Technical discussion  (Read 18257 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:43:02 AM

Did anyone see any improvements after flashing bitburner fury firmware ? Thanks a lot

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dego

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:01:51 PM

bbf firmware = --bitburner-fury-voltage
bfb firmware = --bitburner-voltage

and

bbf firmware = Voltage between 900 and 1100
btb firmware = Voltage between 1200 and 1400 (a correction of +300mv is necessary)
zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:52:22 PM

i cant overclock or overvault, everytime i change the bat file it just reads out the default values on cgminer at the start.flashed with the latest BBF.hex

any explanations? running cgminer3.8.2 win7

checked the cgminer.conf? all the config values can sit in there too...

what parameters are you using to start cgminer? please c&p

i deleted the config file. use the following settingd in the BAT file

cgminer -o http://mint.bitminter.com:80 -u zulover_bitzu2 -p x
--bitburner-fury-options 115200:128:10:45:280 --bitburner-fury-voltage 1100

but the frequecy is always 256 and 900mv, no matter what values i change it to in the BAT file. even when i flash back to BTB cant change settings. recently just managed some success by flashing back and using cgminer-nogpu from cgminer 3.5.0, setting the values in the shortcut properties add target like inthe following thread:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294735.280 following rages instruction.

it was a single board and it ran up to 51ghs fine, then i connected back the canbus but only 3 boards out of the cluster ran at that same speed.

so thats where i am. have a 100watt pse and a 750 and 850 for the 16 boaards.
zulover

Activity: 583

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:38:02 PM

does the raspberry pi they send with the boards have software on it ready to mine with?

shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:52:35 AM

does the raspberry pi they send with the boards have software on it ready to mine with?

Nope, my rasp pi card loaded with NOOBS.
bestalg

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:34:32 PM

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
need help
When i suppose to send few of (not working bitburner fury boards)?  FOR REPAIR

ANY contact will be great
thanks
dego

Activity: 399

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:11:45 PM

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
need help
When i suppose to send few of (not working bitburner fury boards)?  FOR REPAIR

thanks

What's the problem with your boards?

Just seen tha date of your post.... Are you the one who sold em on ebay?
atadro

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:26:12 AM

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
need help
When i suppose to send few of (not working bitburner fury boards)?  FOR REPAIR

thanks

i'll 2nd that request.  1 of my 12 has never powered up. fuse is blown (likely before i ever received it).  would like to try to get it hashing while its still worth it.
Roy Badami

Activity: 563

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:51:16 PM

cgminer -o http://mint.bitminter.com:80 -u zulover_bitzu2 -p x
--bitburner-fury-options 115200:128:10:45:280 --bitburner-fury-voltage 1100

At the risk of stating the obvious: I presume you don't actually have it over two lines like that in the batch file?  It needs to be all on one long line, otherwise the options on the second line will be ignored.

roy
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:09:39 PM

So what's the chance of the developers talking to Luke-Jr about bfgminer support for these boards?  Huh

I really dislike cgminer, and I'm dumbfounded that whoever it is behind these boards haven't talked to Luke-Jr.  WTF is up with that?
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:52:12 PM

Lots and lots of USB errors:

I have two 8 board stacks of bitbury boards. One stack has 2 broken usb connectors so I run 6 USB cables to it and have the other two connected via CANBUS.

I had this stack connected to a PC running Linux and it worked pretty well (average about 370-380 GH/s for the whole stack).  That Linux PC recently died though and now I have it connected to a raspberry pi using a power 7-port hub.

The raspberry pi is running rasbian and the latest cgminer build for bitburner and I got lots of errors like:
 [2014-01-13 16:49:12] BTB 4 usb transfer read error(-1): LIBUSB_ERROR_IO

Performance is also signficantly worse, at about 325GH/s (about a 50GH/s drop).

I have another stack of 8 bitburner boards connected with 5 USB cables (the rest via CANBUS). It has always performed worse than the other at about 340 GH/s. It's been connected to a raspberry pi too.

The worst part is that a couple times a day, they wiill just crash with a USB error and I'll have to power cycle the boards and restart cgminer. This never happeend with the Linux PC. Only with the raspberry pis.

Has anyone had any success getting the bitburners to work reliably with raspberry pis or do I just need to invest in some more linux PCs?

Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:27:19 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 11:21:16 PM by Gator-hex

I have two 8 board stacks of bitbury boards. One stack has 2 broken usb connectors so I run 6 USB cables to it and have the other two connected via CANBUS.

I had this stack connected to a PC running Linux and it worked pretty well (average about 370-380 GH/s for the whole stack).  That Linux PC recently died though and now I have it connected to a raspberry pi using a power 7-port hub.

The raspberry pi is running rasbian and the latest cgminer build for bitburner and I got lots of errors like:

I have another stack of 8 bitburner boards connected with 5 USB cables (the rest via CANBUS). It has always performed worse than the other at about 340 GH/s. It's been connected to a raspberry pi too.

The worst part is that a couple times a day, they wiill just crash with a USB error and I'll have to power cycle the boards and restart cgminer. This never happeend with the Linux PC. Only with the raspberry pis.

Has anyone had any success getting the bitburners to work reliably with raspberry pis or do I just need to invest in some more linux PCs?

I believe it's a problem with the raspberry pi design. I don't know if they ever fixed it on later models but it had a known USB issues. The official response was that it was a power supply issue. See: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=12097

An alternative some are using is a TP-Link router with OpenWRT. See: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3020

Also make sure you never use a USB1 hub. It may work for a while but it will cause random USB issues because of how slow it is.

thomashrev89

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:18:24 AM

I had this stack connected to a PC running Linux and it worked pretty well (average about 370-380 GH/s for the whole stack).  That Linux PC recently died though and now I have it connected to a raspberry pi using a power 7-port hub.

You are using sudo -i?

BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:31:49 AM

Have you tried to connect all to the CANBUS and only have one USB connection to the Raspberry ?
In this setup, the Raspberry is doing less work and that might improve the throughput.

I had 3 stacks of 8 BitBurner XX boards(I know, the old ones) each working perfectly fine with a Raspberry.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
mgio

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:30:43 PM

Have you tried to connect all to the CANBUS and only have one USB connection to the Raspberry ?
In this setup, the Raspberry is doing less work and that might improve the throughput.

I had 3 stacks of 8 BitBurner XX boards(I know, the old ones) each working perfectly fine with a Raspberry.

I used to have it set up that way, but CANBUS is way too flakey to run reliably with 8 boards chained. I'll give it a try again.

mgio

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:31:58 PM

You are using sudo -i?

sudo, but not with -i. Will that help?
mgio

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:39:30 PM

I had this stack connected to a PC running Linux and it worked pretty well (average about 370-380 GH/s for the whole stack).  That Linux PC recently died though and now I have it connected to a raspberry pi using a power 7-port hub.

I believe it's a problem with the raspberry pi design. I don't know if they ever fixed it on later models but it had a known USB issues. The official response was that it was a power supply issue. See: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=12097

An alternative some are using is a TP-Link router with OpenWRT. See: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3020

Also make sure you never use a USB1 hub. It may work for a while but it will cause random USB issues because of how slow it is.

This makes sense. I've heard about the power issues and I went and found a power adaptor with the highest current rating I could find. I should double-check my pis. One is working a lot better than the other. I wonder if that one has the better adaptor. I'm also using powered USB hubs, but maybe thats not enough.
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:37:11 PM

I used to have it set up that way, but CANBUS is way too flakey to run reliably with 8 boards chained. I'll give it a try again.
Did you had proper termination on both sides of the canbus ?
(and the jumpers in the right direction)

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
jermwerty

Activity: 472

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:54:13 AM

Wow I have the old firmware boards and get about 4-8 weeks of stability on two 4-board stacks connected to a single Pi running MinePeon with and updated cgminer 3.8.1...
(1300W gold supply)

Gettin 385GH average...

I do notice the minepeon load is 0.8 and I had to play with things a bit in the beginning to get it all stable but it was definitely worth it!
mikep2012

Activity: 362

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:44:40 AM

Wow I have the old firmware boards and get about 4-8 weeks of stability on two 4-board stacks connected to a single Pi running MinePeon with and updated cgminer 3.8.1...
(1300W gold supply)

Gettin 385GH average...

I do notice the minepeon load is 0.8 and I had to play with things a bit in the beginning to get it all stable but it was definitely worth it!

what frequency/voltage are they running?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
  ████████████   ██████████
 ▐██████████▀  ▄███████████▌
 ██████████   █████▀████████
 ████████▀  ▄████▀  ███████▌
  ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀