Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:35:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bountyhunters, be careful with twitter accounts  (Read 3553 times)
vitruvio (OP)

Activity: 850
Merit: 331

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:05:09 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 10:21:33 AM by vitruvio

Now there are massive blocking of Twitter accounts.
Most often,  block accounts  when you to use mass-following. Blocks is forever!
Also do not use hashtags #ICO #Cryptocurrency etc
Be careful!

UPD
Some accounts of my friends that have been blocked marked "forever" are now unlocked
But anyway, I think we need to be careful
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:07:28 AM

Thank you for this advice, did you experience to permanently blocked by Twitter? I will be aware on this, as it is better to be preventive than being sorry of suspending your account.

quarkchain.io
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:09:42 AM

That really sux if they are beginning to block accounts that talk about ICS. I mean this is a joke and what about the so called freedom of speech etc? So it's o.k to post hate speech and violence to others but you are not allowed to talk about cryptocurrencies and ICOS? If they can collect all the pedophiles and the extremists and gun collectors from Twitter, then I will stop talking about digital currencies lol. These U.S companies really run on double standards, nothing else, they are a bunch of hypocrites. Even I am a Caucasian,. I am sick of this corporate rubbish rammed down our throats.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DarkTaiga

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:16:57 AM

Most often,  block accounts  when you to use mass-following. Blocks is forever!
Be careful!

Thanks for your advice. This's unreasonable. Did you get blocked?  Why did they do that? I mean they don't have any reason to block us. They can't do that 'cuz they hate crypto.
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:26:42 AM

Yes, thanks for the advice. By the way, I understand them, bounty hunters are spamming as fu*k. For the normal user of twitter 3 bounty hunters are already enough to over spam him. 
Natusik

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:29:40 AM

Thanks for the caution! I watch the results of these locks every day, when I lose 100-200 followers. I must be extremely careful, because it will be a pity to lose an account with 7000 followers ...
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:38:39 AM

Be careful!

This is what happens when we have central entity who control everything we do and use on the platform. Thus because of this we can't never trust whats on the platform in the first place because we can't see logs nor database. First you trust them not to edit or change what you type or do and second you have to play by their own rules so that you don't screw things up and they block your account. This is why we need decentralized micro blogging website such as twitter. The only great alternative I've heard is Zapple that uses steemit, but I don't like the fact that I am obligated to give my phone number to register. There might be other decentralized alternatives but problem with these is that not many people are using them and thus it requires a lot of people to make the switch.
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 10:44:44 AM

Damn, this really sucks.
Anyway, thanks for the advice man, i've just managed to gain more than 1000 followers and i would be pretty upset if i get my account banned. Let's hope Twitter stops this stupid banning thing, it just doesn’t make sense.

Monkeyseemonkeydo

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:45:38 AM

Yes, thanks for the advice. By the way, I understand them, bounty hunters are spamming as fu*k. For the normal user of twitter 3 bounty hunters are already enough to over spam him. 

That's the main problem of bounty community -- most of bounty hunters are same to spammers, that is killing the reputation of crypto community
Sam$oN

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:45:58 AM

Be careful!
So it seems to be a long time ago there was news that social networks will block the ICO advertising on their resources, which inevitably leads to the blocking of accounts thoughtlessly advertising the crypto-world. So I think it is better to use accounts for other purposes, especially if they invested a lot of effort. And as for the ban, I think social media has decided to drag a blanket over their side with huge payouts for a couple of hashtags.
Leftneck

Activity: 476

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:46:32 AM

Be careful!
Thanks for the warning.
I think it's safe. It turns out to be blocked permanently if it violates the rules.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:50:41 AM

Thank you for the advice good thing that you gave us a warning about this since i always use this hashtags (#ICO, #crytocurrency and stuff like that) but to be honest i didn't use my personal twitter account for bounty campaigns instead i use my 2nd account for bounty campaigns and it will so devastating to me to lose 4.7k followers
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1614

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 10:51:05 AM

wow that is insane. Political correctness in the USA is at unbelievably oppressive levels, and private corporations participating in this is really without any honor and morality.

But ultimately it would be a loss for twitter, as it gets eclipsed and replaced by a decentralized and liberated social media platform.

AlekSandRAx

Activity: 127
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:54:25 AM

The story of my life... whenever I find something worth doing, someone comes along to destroy it. It's ridiculous. I hope that the cripto currency supporters will not become persecuted like some criminals.
selezneve

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:04:15 AM

Be careful!

What will happen to the campaigns that were paying users for sharing details of their projects using those keywords ? If this is happening for sure, then a lot of users will loose their accounts. I think that this is really illogical on the part of Twitter to introduce such rules. Now they want users to make Tweets as per the companies interest.

This will result in people moving from Twitter to other platforms.Recent reports already suggest that Twitter is dying.
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:07:14 AM

Be careful!

What will happen to the campaigns that were paying users for sharing details of their projects using those keywords ? If this is happening for sure, then a lot of users will loose their accounts. I think that this is really illogical on the part of Twitter to introduce such rules. Now they want users to make Tweets as per the companies interest.

This will result in people moving from Twitter to other platforms.Recent reports already suggest that Twitter is dying.

Maybe, but look at facebook and cambridge analytics scandal, most people agree facebook goes too far but most people are still using it.
Dluretic

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:08:59 AM

I don't think that's good news.
Then we will not be able to participate in the twitter campaign.

iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:09:28 AM

Be careful!

If you want to keep your account safe don't use things like mass following that violate the terms of service.
There is a bit of witchhunt against cryptocurrencies so be aware that whatever you do is going to be watched very closely.

cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:11:19 AM

It's misleading there is no proof twitter blocks account using crptos hashtag there is no official announcent made by twitter and if its true is not fair.

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:11:31 AM

yeah it sucks big time. twitter will probably launch their own token at some point after hating on crypto now. Even if there are people promoting crypto there's no reason to ban them... followers can just unfollow if it's an issue. They certainly shouldn't ban personal accounts...whatever happened to freedom of speech.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: