Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:06:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bountyhunters, be careful with twitter accounts  (Read 3553 times)
MOG247

Activity: 223
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:00:46 PM

Now there are massive blocking of Twitter accounts.
Most often,  block accounts  when you to use mass-following. Blocks is forever!
Also do not use hashtags #ICO #Cryptocurrency etc
Be careful!

UPD
Some accounts of my friends that have been blocked marked "forever" are now unlocked
But anyway, I think we need to be careful

Thanks for the update. It does happen to me whereby my account would be blocked temporarily and I would need to change my password before I could log in. We just need to be careful, now I find it difficult to LIKE any post on my Facebook. Don't know if I have been banned from doing that or not
seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:00:53 PM

Yes I have seen this somewhere else before. Social media bounty hunters need to be careful. You should not follow more than 100 persons in a day to avoid blockage. Twitter is not kinda friendly to cryptos related posts and ads nowadays, so you should avoid spams.
twtr2
Copper Member

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:03:54 PM

Hello. I heard that twitter again allow advertising of cryptocyrrency. But I'm not sure about it. Do you know any information about it?

mybloomingpath

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:22:13 PM

This time it is very difficult to get even couple of thousands followers in Twitter. My first account was blocked forever, when i had only 900 followers and followed around 1300. I participated in few bounties at that time.I suppose I was blocked because it was quite new account and crypto related.
My current account also is  checking from time to time by Twitter (confirming phone number/captcha). I think that Twitter also follow location of user, and if your server lets say in other country (like my PC at work) and you tweet once from mobile (from one location) and another time from PC ( with VPN) it looks like you in two different places at the same time.
Yucco

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:38:25 PM

I think it was premature information. Maybe Twitter was going to block accounts, but now this does not happen. I think these were rumors that were not confirmed.
beautygirl816

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:13:42 AM

Thank you for the information, but it seems to only happen to accounts that use auto followers, but for me to use auto followers it is useless because after audited everything is just a robot account. and useless. because almost all bounty now ask twitter audit.
tuannguyenn110

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:17:50 PM

This happens when you follow to manay people on the same day. You will have to login changing your password. If you need to follow more people try to limit yourself to at least 20 following in a day to avoid been locked out from your account.
joeflicker

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:18:44 PM

That is a very usefull information thanks for the precaution  Smiley since there are too many participants in every twitter campaigns beacuse it was simple enough. But if someday my account got banned in consequence not from those conditions, can you give more advice how to take my account back if it happened. Hope your reply would help others thanks.
mitsarasss

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:34:09 PM

I know several people who managed to unlock their accounts on Twitter. To achieve this, they wrote several letters each day for a month with a request to unlock their accounts.
Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 03:34:54 PM

some of these twitter accounts are just blocked temporarily and not forever, maybe these accounts are blocked because they are using a third-party app that boosts followers, you should also be careful because these apps are going to get your info or the worse hack your accounts
TakashiHernan

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:12:01 AM

Really Thanks for the advice.Whether it's true or false we just have to be careful.
maromak

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:54:25 AM

Be careful!

UPD
Some accounts of my friends that have been blocked marked "forever" are now unlocked

Thanks for this suggestion, have you been permanently blocked by Twitter? because it's better to prevent than regret suspending your account. because I was blocked when I just started joining the bounty.
marados

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:57:41 AM

Be careful!

UPD

I just started with Twitter bounty campaigns, so thank you very much for sharing these, but do they block it because of suspicious activities (like a bot) or because it has something to do with cryptocurrencies?

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:10:08 AM

Be careful!

UPD

Thank you for your important information, I have a lot of followers on my twitter account I think I must more careful right now. But sometimes my account got temporarily locked by twitter, I don't know why, but after verifying with phone number my account unlocked again...
Twitter quite sensitive right now, be aware and stay safe...
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:11:45 AM

I think bounty hunters should be careful participating in bounties, if it is true then their accounts can get blocked any time. They have to be selective in joining bounties and participate in those bounties that require only retweets.
Tejas05
Copper Member

Activity: 560

NextPakk

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 06:16:56 AM

Twitter blocks account with Robotic actions, that is doing tasks repeatedly without much time lapse etc. So when tweeting or retweeting do them with some time lapse, this way you can prevent getting banned.

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Merging Big Data, AI and Blockchain Tech. to bring critical Info. to the world
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:21:20 AM

If this is true that twitter blocking their twitter account because of spamming advertise ICO then they should careful now especially those have 10,000+ followers.

rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:25:52 AM

Be careful!

UPD

My brother had this experience in twitter as well. It was when one night he went on a hunt for people with "follow back/ICO/cryptocurrency" in their profiles and started following them on spree. Luckily, his account was just suspended for a certain amount of time I'm not sure if it's 24hrs or so. Twitter said that he's been suspected of being a bot account due to following unreasonably more people in such a small amount of time, like a hundred in a minute or something. We just made fun out of it though. But it's my first time reading about being blocked for using crypto-related hashtags.

Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 11:40:16 AM

Be careful!

UPD

Thank you for reminding us to be careful with our twitter account. I have experinced being suspended many times because of following more than hundreds in just one day but now I am more cauteous and extra careful because I have heard from few of my co-bounty hunters that their twitter account has been locked and it's just sad that they do not know the reason why their account was locked.
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:43:54 AM

usually twitter will block the account of suspected robot account, usually he followed many bounty campaign, you should join with some bounty campaign only, do not join more than 5 bounty campaign
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: