Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:59:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRE [ANN] CureCoin development continues....  (Read 94917 times)
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 01:46:42 PM

I still don't think I understand why one can't just fake folding work and submit it?  Will peers be performing duplicate work to confirm?

Yup, there is some work duplication to be submitted, over the years Stanford has developed quite a good system for work validation. Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:55:32 PM

As much as I support this project, I have to agree that 10% is a bit much.  If this project succeed, you will get the backing of the community in the form of donations.
I will still support the project should you guys decide to keep the 10%.  I would just not donate to the Dev fund but will still do giveaways to the miners.

Regardless, my asics is all warmed up and ready to go and hopefully to have a pool up as well.   Grin

-tb-

r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:08:21 PM

10% to the devs at the start and decrease over-time as the network gets stronger?

But like the poster above said, I'll be supporting this project regardless.
Gridcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 05:19:38 PM

Look everyone, I'm not here to bash anyone's coin and I don't know anything about cancercoin or curecoin, at all and
will read up on it.  I read a couple of the statements on page 3 and wanted to respond!

Gridcoin's hard-coded block reward is pretty easily exploitable,
a quick change in the way the code detects BOINC would give max coins every time a block is mined.

--> In the first release this may have been possible to exploit
using a fraudulent client, and each block may have passed the test to trick other nodes into accepting those blocks.

Since then
we have designed a new protocol and expanded the spec
to store the boinchash information in the block header itself
and as you may know, each block header and its merkle root is hashed and related to prior blocks.

That version is already live and the current user base stores the data in this format in the chain.

We are close to making a mandatory upgrade that stores and enforces the integrity of those blocks by
making the clients reject non-boinc blocks.

Remember, we are in our infancy and we are still analyzing each clients md5 version and authenticity.

Security IS our utmost concern and will work hard to prevent tampering with the client specification.

--> Regarding the second statement about Gridcoin only measuring CPU usage:

Again, true in our first version, but since then
we haven't stopped innovating.  The newest version logs boinc credits over time, deltas, projects and averages
and stores that information in encrypted client files, reports on it, and hashes the information into
new blocks.  Eventually we will reward miners based on their avg daily boinc credits plus a homogenized
reading based on other factors.

Best Regards,
Preston Keys

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:30:26 PM

Look everyone, I'm not here to bash anyone's coin and I don't know anything about cancercoin or curecoin, at all and
will read up on it.  I read a couple of the statements on page 3 and wanted to respond!

a quick change in the way the code detects BOINC would give max coins every time a block is mined.

using a fraudulent client, and each block may have passed the test to trick other nodes into accepting those blocks.

Since then
and as you may know, each block header and its merkle root is hashed and related to prior blocks.

That version is already live and the current user base stores the data in this format in the chain.

We are close to making a mandatory upgrade that stores and enforces the integrity of those blocks by

Remember, we are in our infancy and we are still analyzing each clients md5 version and authenticity.

Security IS our utmost concern and will work hard to prevent tampering with the client specification.

we haven't stopped innovating.  The newest version logs boinc credits over time, deltas, projects and averages
and stores that information in encrypted client files, reports on it, and hashes the information into
new blocks.  Eventually we will reward miners based on their avg daily boinc credits plus a homogenized

Best Regards,
Preston Keys

So, can gridcoin reward for GPU work?

wildbud

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:55:14 PM

One way to maybe help alleviate the people that are questioning the "high" 10% dev cut would be to have the devs publicly show how they are spending that 10%. I for one would be completely supportive if they are using the 10% to help promote curecoin but if they are taking 10% for their own use that is another story.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:57:56 PM

I believe the GPU thing is being worked on by "Gridcoin" right now.

Since then

Best Regards,
Preston Keys

So, can gridcoin reward for GPU work?
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:14:24 PM

I asked some honest questions and they started attacking gridcoin.  I'm not trying to attack curecoin but if they think gridcoin is flawed they need to take a look in the mirror.  All it takes is 1 awol dev to kill this coin.  Lots of centralization here.  I believe this could be a good project, but the coin itself is most likely your standard clone coin with a massive amount going to the devs.
Yes, I see your point and agree with your stance on the 10%.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
jlspartz

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:26:26 PM

I still don't think I understand why one can't just fake folding work and submit it?  Will peers be performing duplicate work to confirm?

Yup, there is some work duplication to be submitted, over the years Stanford has developed quite a good system for work validation. Smiley

Agreed.  People think they can pass one over on their work validation system in F@H?  That's been tried for other rewards.  In fact, your work is checked through for errors... and rejected if not complete and accurate.
CryptoBullion

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:52:51 PM

ok lots or replies to cover here,

Biggest item on the board seems to be the dev fund. In previous posts titled " dev fund preview -  i want to be transparent " , Cygnusxi break down the dev portion into a many sub sections is meant to support a FULL range of team members. let me see if i can find that really quick...

curecoin dev budget rough draft v1.1
10% advertising
10% forum promotions - including university forums.
10% For stanford university to improve folding network.
10% Dev future updates on coin source and folding integration system
30% nvidia hardware giveaways
10% website / hosting DDos protection for backbone nodes.
10% promoting services to accept / trade curecoins
10% Huh? need more ideas <<<<< more nvidia giveaways??

now as you can see the "dev" or in this case multiple devs, are working for 10% of that 10% to maintain the coinbase, which comes out to 1% split amongst them

Promotion and advertisiting... another way for the coin to sustain itself. There will be google ads and facebook ads soon in all corners of the internet, bringing in a whole new crowd of people into the crypto scene.

30% or more for nvidia hardware give aways to folders !!!!! WWOOOOOHHOOOOOOO .. thats dev funds well spent.. thats high quality nvidia hardware bonuses in your hands for folding!!!!

the budget is laid out pretty well imo. there thought of one person getting 10% of this type of coin, i see why you may have been concerned, please read that link to get an understanding for how cygnus wants to constantly be updating the system and expanding his team... at the rate the team is growing that budget is actually going to end up being spread pretty thin. 1% is the actual figure for the coin dev team 1% for the front end team. There is also plans in the works to improve the coding of the coin in a manner that will not be easy to afford, and will be another big first in the world of crypto.

this can be found in this topic below, posted september 4th.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287442.0  Topic: Curecoin team looking for more members, Devs and supporters of any kind welcome  (Read 122 times)

i want to point out that i did say i appreciated the gridcoin devs efforts... i even suggested he could team up with up for a more powerful team (sorry if i can of rash about gridcoin )
i read the reply from the gridcoin dev and he says he did indeed have to implement a patch, and for sticking to his coin and backing it up i surely can give gridcoin its chance to shine.

There was a post about cheating the FAH system with dup work etc... Well, good news there too, Cygnusxi has already received confirmation that pande labs( the creators of FAH) will keep an extra close eye on team curecoin  Cool  so cheating the system will be very very unlikely and if anyone is caught... u will be banned and any coins accrued will not be rewarded.

So... hopefully dev fund is better understood, and thx to gridcoin for the explanation of his fix, my apologies for doubting your coin. i was not aware that a fix was pushed. Hopefully also the ideas of cheating the system are subduing.... since we have a little help from the minds at stanford.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
CryptoPCS.com Prepaid phone refills, post paid phone payments, and bill payments https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285148.0
jlspartz

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:03:45 PM

I was involved during beta.  Does the team number @ FAH stay the same?  And we sign up elsewhere for our addresses and getting paid, or do we get a client?  Is that info being withheld until the final release, or did I miss it?
CryptoBullion

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:08:48 PM

I was involved during beta.  Does the team number @ FAH stay the same?  And we sign up elsewhere for our addresses and getting paid, or do we get a client?  Is that info being withheld until the final release, or did I miss it?

Everyone who signed up during beta / alpha  phases will be in the database already on a freshly launched site tba on launch day  Wink

You can just use you old username and pw to log, and then u will of course download yourself a curecoin-qt , and then put you curecoin addy into the pool,  and voila... get paid to fold Smiley

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
CryptoPCS.com Prepaid phone refills, post paid phone payments, and bill payments https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285148.0
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:18:53 PM

so cheating the system will be very very unlikely and if anyone is caught... u will be banned and any coins accrued will not be rewarded.
This is garbage. A coin has either exploit resistant proof-of-work or it doesn't. "u be banned" is not only "social related" but also exploitable on the side of the pool, devs, etc... It is not the miners that have to prove themselves to a "central autority" to compensate for laziness and incompetence. The burden is on 100% YOUR side, don't try to push it elsewhere. Make it algorithmic-strong from the beginning or the coin is dead.

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
CryptoBullion

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:40:33 PM

so cheating the system will be very very unlikely and if anyone is caught... u will be banned and any coins accrued will not be rewarded.
This is garbage. A coin has either exploit resistant proof-of-work or it doesn't. "u be banned" is not only "social related" but also exploitable on the side of the pool, devs, etc... It is not the miners that have to prove themselves to a "central autority" to compensate for laziness and incompetence. The burden is on 100% YOUR side, don't try to push it elsewhere. Make it algorithmic-strong from the beginning or the coin is dead.

you should have quoted more of my statement... nice way to chop out how i just got done saying that the folding at home network will have extra eyes on the WU's submitted through our team....

As far as your trust in the dev team....... dont mine it if you dont trust it... Rule #1 in the crypto world , we should all know that one by know...

"algorithmic-strong" ..... because folding proteins is so simple to start with eh? 

This dev team is in this for the long haul.... Its more of a life mission at this point i think, for most of the devs involved. Myself included.

CryptoBullion

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:10:15 PM

One of the many good aspects i dont think that has been mentioned yet...

All the devs funds will be marked by tx messages for the intended use, making the transparency of the dev fund ever higher through the use of a block chain explorer.

Hopefully this little detail will go a long ways in the making of curecoin.

Most of the devs are already picking charities to give to incase curecoin becomes valuable. Personally i like the cryptohobo fund.... http://cryptohobo.com/

All of the devs are also honored to be a part of this... this has been a great journey to the launch of curecoin, months of planning and testing... and a recent boom in dev support.

While this all seems like the obvious community focus is ," how do i mine /  fold and earn the most coins", dont forget that this project is about a lot more then just being a cryptocoin. This project hopes to increase the speed of the folding at home network by a very large amount.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=224497

proven by the progress made so far, we have already made in impact in the testing phase.

kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:43:05 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 01:02:31 AM by kimosan

ok lots or replies to cover here,

Biggest item on the board seems to be the dev fund. In previous posts titled " dev fund preview -  i want to be transparent " , Cygnusxi break down the dev portion into a many sub sections is meant to support a FULL range of team members. let me see if i can find that really quick...

curecoin dev budget rough draft v1.1
10% advertising
10% forum promotions - including university forums.
10% For stanford university to improve folding network.
10% Dev future updates on coin source and folding integration system
30% nvidia hardware giveaways
10% website / hosting DDos protection for backbone nodes.
10% promoting services to accept / trade curecoins
10% Huh? need more ideas <<<<< more nvidia giveaways??

now as you can see the "dev" or in this case multiple devs, are working for 10% of that 10% to maintain the coinbase, which comes out to 1% split amongst them

Promotion and advertisiting... another way for the coin to sustain itself. There will be google ads and facebook ads soon in all corners of the internet, bringing in a whole new crowd of people into the crypto scene.

30% or more for nvidia hardware give aways to folders !!!!! WWOOOOOHHOOOOOOO .. thats dev funds well spent.. thats high quality nvidia hardware bonuses in your hands for folding!!!!

the budget is laid out pretty well imo. there thought of one person getting 10% of this type of coin, i see why you may have been concerned, please read that link to get an understanding for how cygnus wants to constantly be updating the system and expanding his team... at the rate the team is growing that budget is actually going to end up being spread pretty thin. 1% is the actual figure for the coin dev team 1% for the front end team. There is also plans in the works to improve the coding of the coin in a manner that will not be easy to afford, and will be another big first in the world of crypto.

this can be found in this topic below, posted september 4th.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287442.0  Topic: Curecoin team looking for more members, Devs and supporters of any kind welcome  (Read 122 times)

i want to point out that i did say i appreciated the gridcoin devs efforts... i even suggested he could team up with up for a more powerful team (sorry if i can of rash about gridcoin )
i read the reply from the gridcoin dev and he says he did indeed have to implement a patch, and for sticking to his coin and backing it up i surely can give gridcoin its chance to shine.

There was a post about cheating the FAH system with dup work etc... Well, good news there too, Cygnusxi has already received confirmation that pande labs( the creators of FAH) will keep an extra close eye on team curecoin  Cool  so cheating the system will be very very unlikely and if anyone is caught... u will be banned and any coins accrued will not be rewarded.

So... hopefully dev fund is better understood, and thx to gridcoin for the explanation of his fix, my apologies for doubting your coin. i was not aware that a fix was pushed. Hopefully also the ideas of cheating the system are subduing.... since we have a little help from the minds at stanford.

Nice layout. Folding with an incentive to earn has enormous potential as long as the strategy outlined is adhered to and the devs are not able to abuse their position.

Played around with curecoin during the beta a bit and will be throwing my limited F@H power at the official release.

WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:12:21 PM

this is the person behind curecoin:

http://www.ipaddressden.com/email/racingoblivious@gmail.com.html

gplus profile: https://plus.google.com/109310206371113778598/posts

his other site: http://marketsmash.com/

http://curecoin.net/ <- their first pool.

TL;DR all these people behind this project seem to be _in_ it for the money.
CryptoBullion

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 09:24:57 PM

this is the person behind curecoin:

http://www.ipaddressden.com/email/racingoblivious@gmail.com.html

gplus profile: https://plus.google.com/109310206371113778598/posts

his other site: http://marketsmash.com/

http://curecoin.net/ <- their first pool.

TL;DR all these people behind this project seem to be _in_ it for the money.

hrm.. on google plus he follows the Dalai Lama and jon stewart... doesnt seem like a bad guy.. where does this say we are in it for the money Huh?

and thanks for posting that... we were going to post it anyways Smiley ... Tongue lol.. u act u uncovered something.. he follows Dalai Lama on gplus on no! lmao.

cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 12:01:30 AM

Is it possible to setup directly the pool for proof of work on my miner, so I'm sure to not miss the launch?

I'm not 100% sure to be ready on launch time + timelag with US  Wink

Asic mining will be just as simple as mining any other coin. Folders may want to download the folding client now and give it a try if u have not done so already.

We have 2 pools lined up to be launch ready, and it sounds like a 3rd is being built, and many more have asked if they can build a pool and simple response is yes, any pool builder is welcome to build a pool, the official source code will be available to everyone at the same time.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:12:44 AM

Is it possible to setup directly the pool for proof of work on my miner, so I'm sure to not miss the launch?

I'm not 100% sure to be ready on launch time + timelag with US  Wink

Asic mining will be just as simple as mining any other coin. Folders may want to download the folding client now and give it a try if u have not done so already.

We have 2 pools lined up to be launch ready, and it sounds like a 3rd is being built, and many more have asked if they can build a pool and simple response is yes, any pool builder is welcome to build a pool, the official source code will be available to everyone at the same time.

this

http://cryptobullionpools.com/lostPass

does not work

it is not sending password reminders out

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: