Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:27:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress?  (Read 2717 times)
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:01:50 AM

You need to understand that the market always goes up and down. That is why I never feel stress when I see the price of bitcoin drop.

yep thats it. everyone is not stress at all because we already know that that is the nature of cryptos , including bitcoin.  

however i must confess that i love checking the price more often and that gives me a good feeling whenever i see that most of my holdings are on green. but if ever i got stress due to being unlucky or wrong decisions made when trading a crypto , i do only accept it ( i only accept the fact that i did loose and i just started to move on immediately) . thats what i usually do in order to cope up with the stress.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:07:57 PM

They way I deal wit it is when I am at a loss, I don't even look for days. Most crashes take a few weeks to recover. Just put it away and live your life. Think of it a sa long term thing.

Exactly. And one thing if you for long term is that market crashes won't affect you that much if you have a long term target. You'd simply be a spectator watching people going nuts and losing money until the time you're well within reach of your target

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Alexvid

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:02:56 PM

Just don't put more than you can afford to lose with a smile. Or cash out some if it makes things that bad. Doesn't makes sense to check it every hour.

Yeah, why would you check BTC price every hour, that's a waste of time. I mean even if the prices start going up or down they're not going to jump or drop so quickly that you're going to miss a chance to sell or buy.
Cryptoproff

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:09:07 PM

I do not like looking at the price of bitcoin regularly. This makes me feel insecure. So one day I just searched the market price twice, this made me feel better.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:19:52 PM

how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress associated with this?  I am checking it every few hours and it drives me crazy and makes me anxious. Is there anybody in a similar situation and how do you cope with this?

PS: I was trying to do this once a month, but I think, I missed the beginning of the bear market in January this year because of this.  

Thanks,
Mike
almost every time I check the market price, especially bitcoin in a few hours of decline and the increase always happens even though in the end the price back down quite disappointing but I still hope the price will get better for any reason and I will continue to invest in bitcoin.
I usually get to check the price because I want to be updated and learn how to manage volatility specially when you're engaged into trading or investment, and what's the best strategy to apply and stick with. Through regular checking in price, I learned how to be more aware, accept the reality that it's part of the industry, be hopeful, and be patient. To overcome stress is no easy task, but we should deal with it constructively, and not dwell on it too much because it won't make us grow, it would only lead to unproductivity.
Keyboard PC

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:47:12 PM

I do not see too many bitcoin prices because I see bitcoins have uncertain harass and will always move up and down no one can predict better bitcoin prices you just need to play by opening buy order and sell order just to be more secure.
lotsky123

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:34:34 PM

Since I am planning to invest in crypto especially in bitcoin and ethereum, I usually check BTC and ETH price from time to time with my coins.ph wallet.And because of its volatility, I'll just keep in my mind always that when market price is down,I told myself this shall pass because it is only temporary.I'll just stay calm and relax,go with the flow and enjoy the ride.
deda123

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:38:12 PM

i used to check my bitcoin ever hour i can say but now i started to make more stress and the best way to cope with stress is not looking so much and doing also other things not just staying at home.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:36:53 PM

It depends, if you are a day trader, then you will have to check almost every hour, or even less. However, for long term investors, I will say a weekly check-in is great, and because you are a long term investor, the stress is is waaay less. What people need to realize is that the more long term investors there are, the more HODLing occurs, an the more confidence behind BTC.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:56:05 PM

So far 2 a days is OK. But when the market goes too crazy, I can check the price every spare minute. And it really drives me mad...
As for managing the stress, tlking to non-crypto dudes helps. They don't understand my problems, I don't understand theirs. Perfect!
that is really helpful. It is better idea for those who are sensitive to stress and often be more disturbed with even so little points. So better is to make yourself busy with something that is new to you. For that you wouldn’t be able to think much about this stressful thing and all your attentions would just be forced to that single activity. Do try it but better is to make your mind strong.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:16:47 AM

how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress associated with this?  I am checking it every few hours and it drives me crazy and makes me anxious. Is there anybody in a similar situation and how do you cope with this?

PS: I was trying to do this once a month, but I think, I missed the beginning of the bear market in January this year because of this.  

Thanks,
Mike
You need to find an equilibrium if you are not a bitcoin trader you do not really need to check the price of bitcoin every few hours but it is also not recommend to not watch the price for a long time since you will miss important movements in the market, I check the price only once a day if I'm not trading and that is more than enough to give me an idea where the price is going to be for the next 24 hours.
lol1yatme

Activity: 200

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:46:31 AM

Thanks,
Mike
I check bitcoin prices every day and usually in the morning. If I see bitcoin prices and crypto market drop, I will go fishing to deal with stress.

when I open my laptop and open this forum I check bitcoin price and just one time in 24 hours. I think one time checking is enough because now the price is normal and the huge pump and dumps has been recovered. I have little bit experience now that the price will remain the same or little bit correction but not much difference will occur in hours.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:16:44 PM

No more than once a day since the crush as I'm growing anxious to see it starting to recover. The way I deal with stress is by thinking long term as BTC has got to reach at least 50 grand, so its a long term investment really. And like any investor I don't invest more than I can afford.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:42:17 AM

Thanks,
Mike
I check it as often as it comes to my mind to check. I can even check it about twenty times in a day or more than that, and I check it everyday (except when I don’t remember to do so. And it’s always good to be checking the price of Bitcoin regularly so you don’t miss a thing, you never know when things happen, so it’s good to be at alert.
late at December was the right time for checking the price seriously, but it is a matter of money and greed is the human nature. Most people said that the price will grow more in 2018 and that why people didn’t sold their holding and lost their money due to huge fall in the coming months. I check the price normally and not every time in a day.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:27:28 AM

Thanks,
Mike
I don’t think you should have a number of times for you to be checking the price charts of Bitcoin. I will suggest thdat you continue to check the price of cryptocurrencies as much as your heart  reminds you to. Just trust your heart and keep on checking whenever you think. You should, even if it’s up to a hundred times in a day lol.
Alexvid

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:23:12 PM

I don’t think you should have a number of times for you to be checking the price charts of Bitcoin. I will suggest thdat you continue to check the price of cryptocurrencies as much as your heart  reminds you to. Just trust your heart and keep on checking whenever you think. You should, even if it’s up to a hundred times in a day lol.

Blockfolio is a great app for checking prices and staying in the loop. Although I don't think it's necessary to check the prices every time you get your phone but it's possible.  Grin
Et Hereum

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:12:03 PM

I will often calm down when checking the market. I never worry because I am very confident in bitcoin when I have invested in it. This helps me a lot and it gives me a good spirit to seek out new investments.
checkmatesir

Activity: 584
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:46:52 PM

to see and determine the bitcoin price is you can see from some news in the media or in bitcoin.com if there is good news then bitcoin can go up and when there is bad news then bitcoin will collapse its price.
Easy way to check BTC to USD in Google and in 5 seconds you will see the price. I look two times a day like medicine because I am very keen in bitcoin up and down. I daily count how much I lost and how much I won this day. Many people check bitcoin price daily no matter they invest in bitcoin or not. Everyone is interested in future cryptocurrency.

wxxyrqa

Activity: 1344
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 04:29:03 PM

to see and determine the bitcoin price is you can see from some news in the media or in bitcoin.com if there is good news then bitcoin can go up and when there is bad news then bitcoin will collapse its price.
Easy way to check BTC to USD in Google and in 5 seconds you will see the price. I look two times a day like medicine because I am very keen in bitcoin up and down. I daily count how much I lost and how much I won this day. Many people check bitcoin price daily no matter they invest in bitcoin or not. Everyone is interested in future cryptocurrency.

The fact is that for me personally, the crypto currency is the only real income and an opportunity to replenish the home budget. It is thanks to the crypto currency that I live financially. So I always check the price of Bitcoin.
Alexvid

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:20:04 PM

The fact is that for me personally, the crypto currency is the only real income and an opportunity to replenish the home budget. It is thanks to the crypto currency that I live financially. So I always check the price of Bitcoin.

That's why I'm keeping it as a side job.
If you're dependent on crypto then it's understandable that you check it as frequently as possible and in time it gets tiresome.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: