Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:22:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Winner of this year, ETH or BTC?  (Read 5892 times)
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:14:47 AM

Since day 2 Ethereum was launched, these topics float around, when will ETH replace BTC.

Guys, ETH is not even a currency, a coin. It's a premined bomb, you can't compare this with Bitcoin.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Wookii (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 18

Czech/English translator for ICOs

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:27:06 AM

Since day 2 Ethereum was launched, these topics float around, when will ETH replace BTC.

Guys, ETH is not even a currency, a coin. It's a premined bomb, you can't compare this with Bitcoin.

I was talking about market capitalization, sorry for not stating it out explicitly. Sure ETH is not even 1/2 of BTC right now, but i could see more aggresive rise of the ETH price than BTC this year.

AX 1 ❱❱ Capital Appreciation Mining Token
❱❱❱ CrowdSale:  April 16, 2018  ❰❰❰
 [ White Paper ]  [ Bitcoin ANN ]  [ Facebook ]  [ Instagram ]
 [ LinkedIn ] [ Telegram ]

zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:28:50 AM

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency.
Oldest crypto with very active devs globally accepted all over the world? Yeah, I wonder why bitcoin is leader too  Roll Eyes
ETH is not currency, ETH is platform.
BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.
ERC-20 tokens are not altcoins. Altcoins have their own chain, erc-20 tokens are running on ETH network. ETH is altcoin and erc20 token isn't.
So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?
No.
Wookii (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 18

Czech/English translator for ICOs

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:35:46 AM

Oldest crypto with very active devs globally accepted all over the world? Yeah, I wonder why bitcoin is leader too  Roll Eyes
ETH is not currency, ETH is platform.

ERC-20 tokens are not altcoins. Altcoins have their own chain, erc-20 tokens are running on ETH network. ETH is altcoin and erc20 token isn't.

Well thank you! Now that is what I call high quality reply Smiley Your points are actually really valid... Well for the first part, ETH and LTC are accepted quite a lot too. Like you can pay with it in our (Czech) largest online electronics shop.

For the second part, I must say, that I have used the wrong wording. Should have just used simple "tokens" and not "altcoins" sorry for that Smiley

AX 1 ❱❱ Capital Appreciation Mining Token
❱❱❱ CrowdSale:  April 16, 2018  ❰❰❰
 [ White Paper ]  [ Bitcoin ANN ]  [ Facebook ]  [ Instagram ]
 [ LinkedIn ] [ Telegram ]

jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:37:15 AM

If you are student of history, BTC is not the first digital currency, but it is the fisrt successful Crypto, you mentioned ethereum, but there are many coins in the space competing and claiming to be better than BTC, so is ethereum now have many coins on its toes claiming to be better than what Ethereum have to offer

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Osiris0

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:39:15 AM

As far as I can understand, they are not competitiors at all... And even though no one from them looks like winner, I would say that ETH has been defeated by EOS
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:44:20 AM

As far as I can understand, they are not competitiors at all... And even though no one from them looks like winner, I would say that ETH has been defeated by EOS

Lot of people went into cryptocurrency only because of the money and earning (but they'll tell you they came for technology, yeah sure) so they love comparin incomparable coins without mentioning what they been created for. Sad story
sky9314

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:51:15 AM

I think they are totally unmatched. Bitcoin is the mainstay of cryptocurrency. This is a king. ETH is the foundation of the current ICO boom. As leaders in the ICO field, they play a role in different areas of cryptocurrency. We should not simply compare their values. Of course, I think ETH's value is much lower than expected. Maybe ETH's growth will exceed BTC this year, but ETH cannot shake up BTC's position.
paul heman

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:08:54 AM

Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?

this year the number one coin is Bitcoin. because from year to year Bitcoin always shows an ever-increasing development. thereby making Bitcoin the number one coin on the Cryptocurrency market.
Princessjilian

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:51:21 AM

For me, Bitcoin will still remain number 1 and Ethereum will still next to it. And we all be the winner if we invest to both of them until the end of this year because it will going to set an all time high again.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:20:11 AM

Winner of this year, ETH or BTC?
ETH had a couple of shameful hacks this year including the exploit in their multisignature algorithm which led to millions of dollars stolen.
it also had the ICO bans which is another scandal because it is the platform that is allowing scammers to thrive.
winner? LOL

The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency.
you say that only because you don't know what bitcoin is and have never used it.

The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage.
calling it "issue" is an understatement. it fails under heavy load.
not to mention that all that junk transactions has made it impossible to run a full node which is centralizing it even further.

The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.
only on paper but there is no actual world application for them so far.

bitcoin will keep the leadership as it has always done because it is useful. and even if by any chance it couldn't do that anymore i assure you that the "surpass-er" is not going to be ethereum. it doesn't matter how much they advertise it to you and how many shilling is happening at the end of the day there are deep seeded problems in this token that aren't going anywhere.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:47:55 AM

I don't see Ethereum reaching or surpassing Bitcoin's price or market capitalisation this year; I came to this decision from the market trend so far this year.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
JoniPopens

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:28:20 PM

I think that in 2018 the winner will certainly be the ezerium, despite the high price of bitcoin, it still yields much more to the eurium, we can also observe this with market prices of the crypto currency.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:37:37 PM

I have a feeling that neither of these two coins will emerge as the winner this year. BTC and ETH has been in existence for such a long time and now they may get replaced by coins with better technology. There is a strong possibility of some new coin overtaking both these established cryptos.
canman

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:41:23 PM

Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

Bitcoin will be No. 1 in 2018 and the following years. That's for sure. eth can not pass bitcoin. For at least 5 years, eth will probably pass bitcoin and be # 1
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:44:20 PM

IMO, Bitcoin will still remain as the market leader this year and next few years. The community behind Bitcoin is really huge and loyal.
KriptoGuruTR

Activity: 564
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:48:05 PM

In this year ETH lost its value by almost %30 against BTC. BTC is my clear winner.
OwenBurgess

Activity: 129

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:52:16 PM

Hello everyone!

MY opinion BTC winner is the 2018 cux it's have a huge community and loyal.
fmboyzz

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:56:02 PM

It depends on how do you compare them and what do you want to use them for. Ethereum is better than Bitcoin and Bitcoin is better than Ethereum at the same time. Bitcoin and Ethereum are not competitors, they coexist and solve different types of problems.
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:58:45 PM

Till now the bitcoin but very soon we will end up with a dramatic competition between the crypto Race. I am strongly feeling that Ethereum is about to break some rules and will overtake Bitcoin. We still have 8 months of this year. Lets see what happen.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: