Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:49:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we make sure that our money we invest in Bitcoin is safe?  (Read 4161 times)
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:00:14 PM

Some things that you can to do avoid being hacked
1. Before you open up an account on exchanges, set up a unique email that you are going to use for that account.
2. Make sure to set a really hard and long password, and you are the only one to access it from a piece of paper that you control
3. Turn off SMS-based two-factor authentication and account recovery for your email account.
4. Don't keep all your cryptocurrency investments in one place. Diversify among exchanges. It's unlikely you are going to get hacked at the same time through all of them. Especially, if you have different emails and passwords for each.
JimmieA

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:51:13 PM

I just want to know how those people behind bitcoin secure the money they will invest because as far as I know there are lots of hackers all over the world.
No one can be sure that this does not happen, but you should be careful so that bad things will not go away. For example, for the money you are putting on exchanges you should install the security closely, or if you do not intend to invest you should save your money in the wallet along with the security. Especially to make sure you can use the hardware wallet.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

cyberkuto

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:56:59 PM

I just want to know how those people behind bitcoin secure the money they will invest because as far as I know there are lots of hackers all over the world.

Well,  for you to protect it,  if you are using a desktop or a laptop,  but an Antivirus to protect your Pc,  do not download to any untrusted sites because if you do,  your computer would be a lot of virus.  Do not share password and just answer some fishing bait on the net. 
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:04:59 PM

Make sure you have the maximum security available for your wallet so that in the unlikely even where someone gets access to it, they will not be able to even send out the Bitcoins in the first place. Always use 2FA verification.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
pallang

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:29:40 PM

Investing in bitcoin is a risk so before you invest make a decision be sure to check first the project if it is good know more about it and do some research to avoid lose of your money.

javainn

Activity: 733

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:33:37 PM

although investing in bitcoin is risky but we can be sure if it does not make us doubt and worry to invest in bitcoin. a lot of people experience investing in bitcoin and they feel very safe and comfortable, so I think this is not a problem and fear.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
popoyuyun

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:34:26 PM

The money you invest in bitcoin will be safe as long as you do not lose the bitcoin. Because if you have lost bitcoin, you better sincerely to the missing bitcoin.
Gdra467

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 09:42:43 PM

The people behind bitcoin are all of us in the bitcoin blockchain thingy. And we are responsible for our accounts personally(each for himself). Choose a good wallet, don't expose your private keys/personal files or passwords to the public and you'll remain protected. Also do not leave your bitcoin in exchanges except when you're trading at that moment.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:00:43 PM

Look man, in this industry, you will never be a hundred percent safe from hackers or scammers because as security gets stronger, they also try harder to steal from people. Meaning, they evolve together with the technology. The only thing you can do is to make it hard for them to do what they want by doing your own research on how to protect your funds. And of course, do kot invest more than what you cam afford to lose just in case you get hacked.
OP needs to be 100% vigilant and very cautious at all times, even the exchanges with the great securities are always seemingly being hacked how much more a single investor. But nonetheless make sure that you don't use public computers when using your wallet because people install keyloggers and other spyware on them.
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:12:53 PM

In my opinion, no one can guarantee the security of our money that we invest in this bitcoin, because anything can happen, we can also lose our money here. In anticipation, we must be careful in storing and securing our accounts from hackers. do not let us give our private key to others, and do not we keep our private key in the online media, so that others can not access it.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:22:29 PM

I think it depends on how you store the bitcoin you have if you store the bitcoin you have in the safest place then I believe the bitcoin you save will be safe, to be more secure keep the bitcoin you own directly in blockchain.com.
Wahyu aep

Activity: 149

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:28:23 PM

to ensure that our money is safe when we invest bitcoin, I suggest that before investing bitcoin, you should first learn about bitcoin, as well as its function and usefulness as well as the advantages of bitcoin investing. then learn how to save our money safely when investing bitcoin and no one else can take it
apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:54:15 PM

Your investments in bitcoin is secure if you bought bitcoin directly in the market and trusted sites where you can buy bitcoin. Dont make buy bitcoin with other person for now dont trust anyone with your own money.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Limar0

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:07:29 PM

Scamming,cheating,faking or any other illegal deeds are always there in an online businesses.In terms of safekeeping,as for me I think the money I've invested for bitcoin is safe.I'm currently using coins.ph wallet for my bitcoin and ethereum coins and so far it's good.The only thing unsure is whether we earn less or loss more or the opposite.
kalstarzz

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:28:23 PM

it all depends on the carefulness of each user, if you coat your asset security will all be fine.
such as making sure your device is protected from viruses, using google authetycator, and not connecting to wifi networks. if care is done in all will be safe.
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:42:11 PM

Some things that you can to do avoid being hacked
1. Before you open up an account on exchanges, set up a unique email that you are going to use for that account.
2. Make sure to set a really hard and long password, and you are the only one to access it from a piece of paper that you control
3. Turn off SMS-based two-factor authentication and account recovery for your email account.
4. Don't keep all your cryptocurrency investments in one place. Diversify among exchanges. It's unlikely you are going to get hacked at the same time through all of them. Especially, if you have different emails and passwords for each.
So this is actually a technical issue. This is how we maintain the security of the wallet where we store assets. The tips you give are very useful. Hopefully, we can avoid hacking. The safer way is to use wallet hardware.

ngoan

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:45:41 PM

To secure your own account people need to find out how to stay safe, choose complex password, google 2 fa, sms on phone
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:50:02 PM

First things first, nothing is 100% secure in this world. Now, for the bitcoin part, i think you need to do extra measures to protect your btc, may it be using a hardware wallet, putting 2fa on your wallets and the likes.

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:54:23 PM

First things first, nothing is 100% secure in this world. Now, for the bitcoin part, i think you need to do extra measures to protect your btc, may it be using a hardware wallet, putting 2fa on your wallets and the likes.
As mentioned everywhere there is some sort of issue. Similar way bitcoin too has got some flaws which makes it more risky than many other investments. In specific bitcoin is all about the trust, and we can make it secure with the better security options available. Even after that we cannot assure it is perfectly safe. Another thing found much is the scam investment schemes that easily make the people get trapped scamming the amount.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:00:43 AM

it all depends on the carefulness of each user, if you coat your asset security will all be fine.
such as making sure your device is protected from viruses, using google authetycator, and not connecting to wifi networks. if care is done in all will be safe.

Its pretty easy to say stay offline in order to avoid getting hacked but the reality is we need to always stay online in order to do our daily crypto activities. The reality is anyone of us can possibly be hacked no matter what we do or how secure we are because hackers are smart , hackers can always bypass any security whether it is strong or weak. therfor the only thing we can do is avoid putting large amount in your bitcoin wallet or to any online exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: