Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:38:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we make sure that our money we invest in Bitcoin is safe?  (Read 4152 times)
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:38:12 AM

I just want to know how those people behind bitcoin secure the money they will invest because as far as I know there are lots of hackers all over the world.

there are several ways to store bitcoins safely. first we can store bitcoin in original bitcoin wallet made bitcoin developer. then we can also save the bitcoin in the wallet of the website and the last one can be stored in the hardware wallet. and keep the key of the wallet carefully not to lose the key.
Actually the problem is not the security of the wallet, because the security wallet can be secured with various things like 2 factor autentication and choose a safe wallet, but what he means is probably safely in investment, is it safe to invest in bitcoin? I think the risk persists but for the long term I think bitcoin investment is quite safe..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ambrosius

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:46:10 AM

I think it's not safe, in addition to hacker attacks as well because your chances of getting a huge profit from bitcoin purchases are just like your chance of winning money from the lottery. The level of success is difficult to gauge. You must be ready to lose everything. About the possibility of hacking, we recommend using google authenticator to minimize hacker attacks.

MobileBridge Momentum Token Sale
▬  https://momentumtoken.io/  ▬
Revolutionising Marketing & Loyalty
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:55:10 AM

I just want to know how those people behind bitcoin secure the money they will invest because as far as I know there are lots of hackers all over the world.

When you invest in Bitcoin, it is not like investing in banks. What I mean to say is that you do not give your money to them, and a certain amount of Bitcoin is assigned to you, and the platform or site or whatever it is will manage it on your behalf. It is not like that. When you invest in Bitcoin, it means the Bitcoin will be given to you. And it is only you that has the control over it. So choose the safest wallet, a hard wallet preferably, install authenticators, and keep your private information.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
njmulhsn

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:16:17 AM

It would be better to make arrangements for safeguarding your investments before even making the actual investments. You can use various protection techniques like desktop wallets, hardware wallets and paper wallets. But do not get carried away with the idea that if you use only these methods you are protected. There are some standard procedures you need to follow as the internet is full of scams and counterfeit softwares. Some steps are as follows:

1.  Use a licensed antvirus or antimalware and keep it updated.
2.  After downloading anything please check its threat status on www.virustotal.com.
3.  Make downloads only from trusted sources.
4.  Do not fall for anything that shines or gives you a promising future because we all know since our childhood that "ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD".
5.  Do not open any links or attachments in your emails.
calum holding25

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:20:56 AM

Our money is safe in hands if bitcoin. But the problem is begin from ourselves,which means the safety purpose passwords and transaction details we keep strictly confidential. If we fail in this task then there is no use by blaming bitcoins security system.  Wink
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:23:42 AM

It depends on what platform you put your money in. Because if you put it into a project like icos for example they are not safe into faileds and scam of course but if you are just holding bitcoins and waiting for the pump then better have a hardware an offline storage because that is really safe because hackers cannot hacked anything offline as long as they cannot put their hands into it. So if you have a lot of bitcoins to hold better hold it offline. Rather than online wallet even if they are safe too but not as safe as the other.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:18:30 AM

You could relax right now knowing that bitcoin is secure and safe to invest on. As a matter of fact, It is one of the most secure products in the entirety of the internet. Bitcoin provide suce high levels of security that it is not possible to hack and steal data and money from another person by breaking bitcoin's system. The news of bitcoin getting stolen is caused by human error.
Noelle.2412

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:21:09 AM

There are always people, who want to invest their money and get more profit and those, who want to steal. there are no safety from hackers, because everything is developing
eneidas

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:25:50 AM

If you are using a reputed exchange like Binance, there are very less chances of your coins getting hacked. The top exchanges are very much careful with security.
Ikpirijor7

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:28:27 AM

The most effortless and free strategy that I am aware of is simply make a different OS for putting away your Bitcoins and don't utilize that OS for something besides sending and accepting bitcoins. The main issue this will have is that you should double boot your PC however I don't think that is excessively of an issue as this would imply that your Bitcoins are in a protected domain.
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:30:42 AM

we can have 2-layer in mew

even mew doesn't mean you're fully safe, but it's truth that the combination of mew and hardware wallet is as good as it gets. Don't forget to use mew offline though, just download their recent version on github.
Suprittandon

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:17:14 PM

Crypto is a brand new monetary market. It doesn't even come close to the depth of stocks or gold around the world, but it has the potential to eclipse both.
By default anything which can give you a very high return in a very short span of time will be very risky, because risk and returns are always inversely proportional. Cryptocurrencies are a high risk high return game. So I would suggest you to invest the amount you can afford to lose.
eashikde

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:37:07 PM

Investors in order to know the cost of bitcoin, should evaluate its assets, it can be from cash flows to simple rent for property. But bitcoin does not calculate profits (from shares) or rent (from real estate) and is not tied to the national economy. This is one of the reasons why it is difficult to say about its value, in connection with which the risk increases.
Enijesiku Sulaimom

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:16:53 PM

You can't do that in sense of profit. Bitcoin is volatile and risky and there is no guarantee that you will get the money you invested back or additional make the profit.
Regarding hackers Bitcoin network is secure but wallets and exchanges are highly vulnerable. What you can do is not to keep large amounts of coins at exchanges and to use secure wallets like hard wallets and additionally secure other wallets like mobile wallets.
jowels0000

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:27:00 PM

Why not. We can be make sure that our money we invest in bitcoin is be safely. We think that bitcoin is the best investment system and our money will be much safer to invest in whatever investment currency is there.
angchosenone

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:00:08 PM

The most straightforward and free strategy that I am aware of is simply make a different OS for putting away your Bitcoins and don't utilize that OS for something besides sending and getting bitcoins. The main issue this will have is that you should double boot your PC however I don't think that is excessively of an issue as this would imply that your Bitcoins are in a protected situation.
beckham88

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:49:16 AM

In my opinion, as long as no one will find your personal equity key and you are also using a wallet purse, your bitcoin will remain safe, so we should keep our personal keys as good as possible.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:23:41 AM

all things in bitcoin is not managed by human as i know because it managed by system or network called blockchain, because as we know that blockchain is the one f the secure system, so the user of bitcoin is believe in that system to make a transaction and the investment in their wallet

deathland113

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:45:13 AM

bitcoin run in blockchain so this is a network. don't have any single/group people can attack and steam your bitcoin. it's very safe to store. hacker could only attack exchange not the blockchain network.
so you should keep your bitcoin in paper wallet or hardware wallet and only push it to exchange once you want to do any exchange
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:59:40 AM

It's true that many hackers used to be the world, but we can also use 2FA security or we could store our bitcoins in a nice and trusted market wallet that has good security.
Right always enable the 2fa or google authenticator. Some of the hackers make a phishing site so every time we see any suspicious link better to think before we click, do not connect gadget or devices in public places because there are some hackers use this trick to get an information and don't trust anyone to know our password and pin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: