Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:33:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?  (Read 6336 times)
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:55:18 AM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
I don't think that banks will offer bitcoin deposits since banks was handle by governments , Governments hate bitcoin a lot to the point that they are planning to kill bitcoin by banning them in their country. If ever that there is a chance , it will took a long time.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptotissue

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:23:11 AM

Looking at how technological advancement keeps increasing as days pass by, there is a possibility that some banks will some day allow their customers to deposit their bitcoin. Some banks are trying to adopt into the  new technological advancement like the blockchain technology. They are thinking of using blockchain to keep their records and datas....
Wonderced

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:46:35 AM

yes, we offer deposits who people came up banks and will recognize the offer for bitcoin and for that maybe will still have an idea to deposit or not, people will let know deposits if will come in the banks.
BitcoinConte

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:22:03 PM

banks can offer and work with bitcoin if someone take the sole responsibility of price falling.
Ryanpaul80

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:58:22 PM

This is possible.  but in my own opinion other monetary currency will not allow bitcoin to be deposited in the bank
The power of cryptocurrencies is causing more and more major players to take notice. 
ricatop

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:03:58 PM

not banks, but soon what the author wrote about can become a reality. in September we all learn the truth

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
Barbara Onio

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:55:35 PM

High Availability The bank will apply blockchain technology for its outstanding advantages, and they will produce a bank's own electronic currency. The currency they can manage is the value of that electronic currency.
Sexie

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:49:06 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Some banks  already in Europe already accepting bitcoin deposits  through credit cards designed for bitcoin or other crypto currencies that you can spend  or withdraw them into cash. Mostly banks in Canada , America and germany also accepting bitcoin. I think banks used only for banking bitcoins that are for exchanges matter. I think it so risky for the banks to consider it  as deposits because of  volatility. However, it will depends somehow upon their policies.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:54:28 PM

Nature of bitcoin value is very much volatile.  Some time it reached to the high price of $20000 but now hovering @ around 6k.  So if the bank accepts it as  deposit; what will be the base amount on which the bank will be offering interest.  It is very difficult task.

There is another problem; suppose I go to the bank with one btc fixed deposit in December 2017 when the price was very high.  Bank accepts it a fixed deposit but at the time of payment the price of btc falls to 6000.  Then what will be the amount which the bank will be repaying.

though the solution to this may be ; the Bank pays interest on the average price of the bitcoin during the year.  Also bank repays one btc for one btc. 

Volatility is what kills Bitcoin, in my own opinion, since it cannot be used as a stable currency for payments. It's quite hard or nearly impossible for a Bank to simply offer Bitcoin deposits to its customers, since the risk is too high. They could easily lose a lot of money within a short time frame if Bitcoin prices fall, making this a bad idea for them.

Maybe, in the future, it could not be Bitcoin but instead a digital currency pegged to a stable fiat currency. Such digital currency could be Tether, DAI, or even Stronghold Dollars (Stellar/Lumens). They're ideal for bank deposits because they're stable and do not fluctuate widely in price unlike Bitcoin. In addition, they have all the benefits of cryptocurrencies such as security, transparency or privacy, and even borderless payments.

Therefore, Bitcoin is highly risky for Banks to adopt them, which is why I think that they would adopt stable digital currencies more than volatile ones like the former. Smiley

shittypro

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:38:46 PM

Well i think that could be happen in the future. Banks sooner or later should be adapt with bitcoin [ hoping that if the government already legalized bitcoin in to the country ] pretty sure that will win solution for the bitcoin holder and the banks. But the chances of that to happen is very small. Since on observation there are still many against in bitcoin
Megazord

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:09:42 PM

Filipinos are already considering such a variant of events and soon enough a large number of banks will come to this because it will attract new investors
kriptowitch

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:10:47 PM

Today, there are already a certain number of banks that offer their services in the form of Bitcoins. I think that their examples will be followed by many, but yesterday's dream has become a reality

ANN |▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰|    ASURE NETWORK     |▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰| Bounty
FIRST SCALABLE DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL SECURITY NETWORK
Salvo Mazzanti

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:07:58 PM

I guess China has influence on crypto merely because of its population
Naelanikor

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:35:23 PM

I think it is a difficult question. Financial system of states try to be independent from cryptocurrencies and they don't want to lose their money that cryptomarket will take from them
aggeyysido

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

The Intelligent Retail Currency

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:47:36 PM

The question is difficult, but why not? I don't think that's a very surreal combination of events. This cryptocurrency is the future.

Ⓞ fluzcoin Ⓞ
█ The Intelligent Retail Currency █
❐ Backed up by global retailers ❐ Legally compliant ❐ Non-speculative
chrisnewsome

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:28:21 AM

I think that banks will not ever offer bitcoin deposits to us since it will devalue our current currency around the world. It will interrupt the flow of economy because of this; the rate of inflation will rapidly increase; and the banks will be a source of destabilization of he government. We all know that government get his revenue by collecting taxes from its citizens. By letting the banks offer bitcoin deposits, the people will be encouraged to deposit their money there instead of depositing it in a normal deposit bank.
agnostos

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:32:39 AM

Today, there are already a certain number of banks that offer their services in the form of Bitcoins. I think that their examples will be followed by many, but yesterday's dream has become a reality
It is good to see that there are some services that uses Bitcoin blockchain technology, they want to improved their technology. I don't think banks would support bitcoin, its price is not stable and very unpredictable.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:13:13 AM

Bank can only allow the bitcoin and altcoin deposits as assets to hold, Bitcoin and altcoin can not become Currency, due to large fluctuations!
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:14:39 AM

It is good to see that there are some services that uses Bitcoin blockchain technology, they want to improved their technology. I don't think banks would support bitcoin, its price is not stable and very unpredictable.
Some of the instruments allow investors (and banks as intermediary agents) to make profit exactly from that: that the price is unpredictable and unstable. Future contract for instance are one of them and it may be the reason that bitcoin future contracts has been embraced by banking community.
MalcolmBee

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:31:20 AM

Banks are as of now making cooperative associations with advanced resource trades and blockchain systems that use digital forms of money. Driving cryptographic money trade Bittrex reported today that it's starting fiat exchanging for Bitcoin,
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: