Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?  (Read 6336 times)
aryadiningrat123

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:54:54 PM

No I hardly ever hear of banks bidding bank deposits so if there are banks that offer deposit banks we have to be careful because it could be fraud or apapin, and if there is a money bank offers btc deposits that is very impossible because until now the government and banks still strictly prohibit btc for use in their country so maybe it's just a scam
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noorammak

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:15:05 PM

I think if the bank accepts Bitcoin money they are risky. We all know that Bitcoin is always on the edge of price, and there is nothing to guarantee Bitcoin. Parameters are confidential. As a result, the bank will continue to attack by hackers. I think we are making it hard for the banks.

Ghondronk

Activity: 356
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:43:50 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

It is a tricky question but I would like to answer it using a real example of some other industry. Just think about the conventional shopping where we go to a boutique or a supermarket, a grocery store or any other place and do shopping with the physical presence and engagement with the goods and the merchants. With the introduction of eCommerce now most of the people do not go out from their households and in other words, do not visit any of these stores. The shopping is done at the fingertips without any hassle at all. A few decades ago no one would have thought of such a drastic change in the industry even in their dreams. Similarly, Cryptocurrencies are making the tangible nature of fiat currencies intangible and there are a lot of advantages as well as disadvantages compared to those. But sooner or later most of the people may choose cryptocurrencies over fiats, and ultimately that will lead banks to adopt it as one of their main services in the long run. On that day, what you have mentioned here will become a reality.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:01:43 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
unfortunately bitcoin can disappear in one day on the whole earth at the same time. once a hacker destroys the nodes or leaves the earth without electricity.

rolls89

Activity: 224
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:06:00 PM

If banks ever offer Bitcoin deposits it would be against the basic concept of Bitcoins which is decentralization. But as of now bank's are only accepting Govt approved fiat currency.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:11:33 PM

If they look in terms of profit, it should happen. And there's no other consideration should be considered by the bank to receive a deposit for bitcoin.

Because until now I still see the use of cryptocurrency not a threat to traditional banks. Banks will always be the primary choice of people to save money for safer and reliable reasons.

Cryptocurrency cannot be a safe place to save money, many risks will be faced. It's time for cryptocurrency users to accept the bank and realize the importance of the bank so there will be no more things to debate and uplift or grieve between banks and cryptocurrency.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:57:03 PM

Depositing bitcoin in banks?,for now its being implemented,like my country and im proud to say its Philippines,our banks was looking to use this bitcoin as a payment mothod or etc. so for you question its possible and now its happening. There are some projects that are trying to create cryptocurrency banks where the transactions/services are done in cryptocurrencies and with the help of blockchain technology. I think even before that traditional banks and other financial services will embrace these technologies and will provide investment instruments based on cryptocurrencies in general, not only bitcoins. This is inevitable!
Lucky people you are if it is true, but i think that still in most of the places banks are not accepting bitcoin, in my country recently banks stopped accepting bitcoin because of the banks orders, but i am sure about that my country is going to start accepting bitcoin in banks because it is the needed in modern time.
Devnant

Activity: 118

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:01:30 PM

I think that i wont be alive to see it happening, because it is more difficult than seeing the cows flying. Banks are never  going to offer bitcoin deposits because it is tottally the opposite of what they are seeking for, so it is not going to happen.

Game is my life
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:11:45 PM

In the future I think ,the banks would really offer bitcoin deposits , because as financial business the banks would expands their services as muuch as possible because , it will also benefits their business, so why would they do not offer that it is part of business .

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
24Bit

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:09:37 PM

Maybe i mean there are bitcoin atm`s why not you know.In the future sure will be nice if they let you put bitcoin deposits,but for right now i dont think so becouse old people and our parents they dont use bitcoin,only we the new generation use bitcoin so i think  in the future yes but for right now no.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:15:18 PM

It will take banks with boldness to take this giant stride without batting an eyelid in this decision making. But I want to believe seriously that some few banks in my country are already into the cryptocurrency trades to make for themselves extra earnings. As far as they have background forex readings, cryptocurrency trading is also certain.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:21:20 PM

Yes it is possible,Because banks have threat that Bitcoin will replace the banks,Currently Bitcoin play a role of own bank there no hurdler of paper work or any delay from network people free from all hurdle and make transactions globally.In future Banks will offer the service to use Bitcoin as product or instrument to fulfill people needs and their survival as well.

coinluisa

Activity: 626

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:30:02 PM

I read to local in this forum some of bank accept a cash in bitcoin wallet through this bank so I think bank are aware how risky this bitcoin maybe someday they accept the changes in one country so there's possibility they accept bitcoin deposit in the future.

BetFury                                                 
🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿|Reddit 🕹 
                                                Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               
Ubay82

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:02:05 AM

Looks like for now it still will not happen because BTC prices can not be predicted. Whether in the future will happen possibly yes, because at this time the government is still not fully Give it a full chance. But for the future like this will happen because at this time BTC already known by the layers of society
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:01:35 AM

We don't really know if bank offer bitcoin deposits but i think it is very possible to happen because bitcoin for me is also a currency, banks may open a new system for crypto that is separate on their old system just like a crypto exchange.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:09:46 AM

We need to quit using banks and instead use businesses that cater to our needs. So I agree that a shift in consciousness is needed. As a practical matter, once bitcoin is legitimized by regulators, I think banks will be forced to accept bitcoin as money.
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:37:25 AM

Crypto was created as a means for the people to become independent from banks.

So no, I hope that crypto will not be offered as deposits in banks.

We are our own bank!!
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 03:18:37 AM

This can never happen because they are two different bodies that determine their way by same human,

Banks can't accept Bitcoin deposit most especially when it's volatile in nature and also risky to share with anyone your value in btc, this is why it has it own unique wallet to be saved in. But banks may also invest in btc might be another option but to save Bitcoin for a percentage return for the owner will not work.
nagobinga

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:42:07 AM

I do not know but if I think it ever and the bank does not want to take a high risk to invest in bitcoin and now the price of 1 ETH will be very expensive for now.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:06:48 PM

Crypto was created as a means for the people to become independent from banks.

So no, I hope that crypto will not be offered as deposits in banks.

We are our own bank!!

Yes sir! I think that there would be no need for a bank to offer deposits in Bitcoin because of many various reasons. Like I said before, banks see Bitcoin as a threat, so it's very unlikely that they'll be able to adopt it as a form of payment for deposits, loans, or other services. Additionally, the high volatility of Bitcoin, could result in massive losses both for the bank and its customers. As such, the probability of a bank offering deposits with Bitcoin, becomes lower each day.

But, the bright side of all this is that you can be your own bank with Bitcoin. Since it's extremely secure, resilient, and rare by design, you can rest assured that your money will remain protected against external attacks for quite a long time (if you manage to follow the necessary precautionary measures). Therefore, in the future banks could cease to exist, or they would join in the revolution by adopting a centralized currency that makes use of blockchain technology. Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: