Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:00:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?  (Read 6336 times)
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:04:18 PM

According to my point of view banks will never offer bitcoin deposit because bitcoin decentralized in nature. And one thing more Banks find crypto as a major competitor. Let us suppose if banks start depositing and how banks earn income because banks earn income from interest paid by loan holders.

The risks involved with Bitcoin are too high for Banks to begin offering it for deposits to its customers. Banks would prefer to deal in a real world currency backed by the government, which is highly regulated and protected against fraud or theft. With fiat, it's possible to rollback transactions, and enforce regulations, whereas Bitcoin is free and open for anyone to use across the world. Because of these obvious reasons, it's very unlikely that a Bank would associate itself with a system that's free from middleman.

Therefore, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are more of a threat to Banks existence, than anything else. And they'll do anything at their disposal to try to destroy it at all costs. Smiley

Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:07:45 PM

i doubt banks will ever buy into the idea of cryptocurrency talk more offering bitcoin deposits. it goes against all that they stand for as institutionally regulated bodies. Bitcoin is unregulated, volatile and not even accepted as gold yet so there is really along way to go before banks even think in that direction.
Lets be honest, right now look at the price of bitcoin in the market, its continuesly dropping so i would say its not gonna happen. Lets be honest we dont know if the bitcoin will recover and ita price is really unpredictable so i think banks will not relay on that condition.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
caeles

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:30:03 PM

I think no, since btc is gaining a higher value, banks will definitely disagree to bitcoin deposit.

kittybabe@06

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:53:52 PM

I think its a 100 percent possible, since we have a lot of investors in bitcoin. and banks need to adapt this changes for the sake of their business.. as of now in our country we can pay bills in bitcoin using digital wallet and its really convenient.
AbduRRozzaqAbduLLah

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:13:06 AM

Banks are already creating symbiotic relationships with digital asset exchanges and blockchain networks that utilize cryptocurrencies.

Retail customers at Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America as well as local banks are wondering when they’ll be able to deposit crypto directly into their traditional bank accounts. Banks could instantly trade the crypto into fiat or create wallets on behalf of their clients for management.
It's most likely that the banks will eventually incline to full crypto adoption of bitcoin deposit offer.
fairytale

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:42:11 AM

in the future maybe some banks will offers bitcoin as deposits like a local currency.The adoption of bitcoin for banks is another innovative solutions for hassle free bank transactions.Moreover,bitcoin accounts also offers security features that gives assurance for every bank clients.
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:14:42 AM

Certainly, there is a great possibility that banks will accept bitcoin as deposits and even fixed deposits in the very near future. I believe when the price of bitcoin becomes relatively stable and also with the introduction of bitcoin ATMs in some parts of the world, many banks would have no problems accepting bitcoin as fixed deposits.
osbal

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 02:34:41 AM

not now, since banks do not like the volatility and anonymity of crypto-active, but when the crypto-market manages to consolidate worldwide, where the main cryptocurrencies quote on the large stock exchange and is recognized as money, surely if it will be accepted.
people123

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:38:22 AM

Bitcoin is unstable in nature, I trust you will realize that and after that banks dependably anticipate that the steady cash will store them as it were. In the event that they permit bitcoin as an installment and afterward BTC value drops and knock there will be huge issue for the keeping money side.

So they may have bitcoin installment as choice like elective choice like how we have reserve funds, current and so on.

So far no banks may in a few years they will acknowledge the bitcoin and alts as an installment alternative.
guruge87

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 04:01:08 AM

We can believe that it because Belgium already etablsihed ATM machines for BTC. Therefore bank will be able to deposit BTC.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:02:56 AM

Nature of bitcoin value is very much volatile.  Some time it reached to the high price of $20000 but now hovering @ around 6k.  So if the bank accepts it as  deposit; what will be the base amount on which the bank will be offering interest.  It is very difficult task.

There is another problem; suppose I go to the bank with one btc fixed deposit in December 2017 when the price was very high.  Bank accepts it a fixed deposit but at the time of payment the price of btc falls to 6000.  Then what will be the amount which the bank will be repaying.

though the solution to this may be ; the Bank pays interest on the average price of the bitcoin during the year.  Also bank repays one btc for one btc.  
randomchar

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 04:04:38 AM

It would be very interesting to see this actually happen.
nancyjewelmcdonie

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:30:27 AM

A great deal of organizations currently are embracing this sort of innovation and making benefit since from the simple begin. Perhaps one day banks will understand the enormous potential and benefit that the Bitcoin and digital money offers, its simply an issue of time before dominant part of them may join the pattern so lets trust so. I dont figure banks will ever acknowledge cryptographic money stores as they will be getting their end when they do that,cryptocurrencies needs to end the keeping money framework for what reason would the banks grasped it?You are actually going to murder yourself on the off chance that you are the bank,cryptocurrencies are decentralizd and banks are unified which is in opposition to each other. Each nation have their diverse approach against bitcoin however one thing for beyond any doubt that my administration are against with my bitcoin so it won't occur. Presumably improbable, however conceivable. In spite of the fact that for what reason would individuals do it however. It practically nullifies the point of "being your own bank". I could see individuals utilizing this administration if at any time we had it, to get directly to the point. A few people simply would prefer not to waste time with wallet security and stuff.
jowabol

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:33:38 AM

A great deal of organizations presently are embracing this sort of innovation and making benefit since from the plain begin. Perhaps one day banks will understand the huge potential and benefit that the Bitcoin and digital money offers, its simply a question of time before greater part of them may join the pattern so lets trust so. I dont figure banks will ever acknowledge digital money stores as they will be getting their end when they do that,cryptocurrencies needs to end the managing an account framework for what reason would the banks grasped it?You are actually going to murder yourself in the event that you are the bank,cryptocurrencies are decentralizd and banks are brought together which is in opposition to each other. In the event that they'd be on a next level of avarice, I'd state they may give it a go however exceptionally incomprehensible. The legislatures are endeavoring to stop any type of cooperation amongst trades and banks, basically on the grounds that they don't need any communication reinforce between the two. Additionally, it would be somewhat illogical for individuals to keep their BTC in the banks since, well, the primary reason bitcoin is made is for individuals to be their own particular bank, so it would be unexpected and envision the potential benefits you may miss. With everything taken into account, this sounds unlikely and illogical. Most likely impossible, yet conceivable. In spite of the fact that for what reason would individuals do it however. It practically invalidates the point of "being your own bank". I could see individuals utilizing this administration if at any time we had it, cutting straight to the chase. A few people simply would prefer not to waste time with wallet security and stuff. The slanting move of these age is digital money and Bitcoin is the ruler of all, beyond any doubt in the couple of years to come, to stay pertinent Banks should decision than to begin offering Bitcoin exchange which will incorporate BTC stores, sparing, and loaning stage. I figure we will just observe more control if this happens , if the banks will benefit of bitcoin going up are down then they are going to ensure that is what happens. Like somebody said above , this thrashings one reason why bitcoin was designed in any case. So perhaps they will offer it later on yet my expectation is as a network we avoid it.
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 06:54:47 AM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
maybe a bank in my country is impossible to do that. they are too afraid to take risks and are afraid to get something bigger. in my country bitcoin is still known as a fraudulent land.

luffyzxc

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:57:47 AM

I dont think so, not now but soon but i want that way, Because bitcoin is so popular and this is a great deal with banks, It would really be nice if they do, but its not going to be real, maybe banks want their organization.
Wizardbizari

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:06:52 AM

I believe banks need some kind of guarantee that they are protected against loss on cryptocurrency before they can offer a deposit, so I guess it's possible, but only after imposing certain regulations on this market.
On the other hand, speaking of deposits, I don't really understand what's the use of leaving your crypto assets with a bank and paying for that if you can easily ensure protection using a cold wallet? Wink
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:07:15 AM

Unless banks embrace crypto, they will be either closing down business or switch to 3rd world countries where they can do business for a few decades.
skeletica

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:11:13 AM

At this time, reject the existence of criptocurrency / bitcoin, but I'm sure as time goes by the bank will offer bitcoin deposit and receive bitcoin. this is only a matter of time
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:12:04 AM

Why not make deposits.
Banks guarante whats your btc not be stolen and bring from you comission.
about exchanging to fiat i think this not be available soon

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: