Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:33:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?  (Read 6336 times)
oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:37:03 PM

Maybe it will not be bitcoin, but definitely something similar to crypto, we must come to the fact that fiat money-this past century and need to chto0to more modern, technological and completely new.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:33:37 PM

I do not think the bank will do such a thing, because as far as I know banks are strongly fighting against the use of bitcoins. So even though many proposals go into the bank about it I'm sure the bank will not approve it.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Misshi

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Decentralized Continuous Audit&Reporting Protocol

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:49:55 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Every business needs to adapt to changes and challenges like this. Im pretty sure banks are already finding ways to join the bandwagon.they will surely profit from it. It would just be a matter of time until they accept bitcoin deposit and withdrawals.

You are right. Banks should adapt to changes, or else they're going to leave behind by this fast-growing technology. They all are studying cryptocurrency for sure, and they think what the ways they can cope up with this crypto craze are. I have a strong belief that one day, banks will now accept Bitcoin for deposits and withdrawals.

Firefox07

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:53:58 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
If it is very profitable for bank. Then why until now they do not accept bitcoin deposits. Banks are like businessman if they saw good profitincome they will enter it. But i think banks don't see big profits in bitcoin so they don't like it.

White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:56:57 PM

I do not think the bank will do such a thing, because as far as I know banks are strongly fighting against the use of bitcoins. So even though many proposals go into the bank about it I'm sure the bank will not approve it.
I think it wont happen unless bank will have the power to control its price or value. Since bitcoin was volatile bank are afraid to it because its value change every second and it may be thete loss once it was dump like whats happening right now in the market.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Anait

Activity: 218
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:57:30 PM

Bitcoin deposits supported by banks were possible in the future when bitcoin usage cross beyond certain limits. Bitcoin deposits are already supported with some banking network functional around the globe. Few banks have existed operational completely on bitcoin for transaction and every activity.
Cj29

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:58:45 PM

Will its not possible that bank will offer deposit on bitcoin. Because order to stay in the market you must follow the flow. And people say that if you wont defeat them join them
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:59:55 PM

It can be very unprofitable for banks, because if the bitcoin rate rises, they will be more of a problem
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:13:46 PM

Nope, that's not gonna be happen. Its not a prediction It's Simple fact imagine why would banks need Bitcoin when they can have money from everyone without spending anything just need their time and effort. banks are not coming take rest upon Bitcoin because if the store you Bitcoin for 1 year then there will be not guarantee that they have to pay back to send money or 10x of that money. The only thing I find safe is our own production. Be your own bank and let's stop thinking about banks and let's start making money with our startups

anhzaibro

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:21:58 PM

I have never seen banks distribute btc and I'm not sure when banks will accept that. Need something that is credible as a basis.
appleyard

Activity: 359
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:29:39 PM

This is risky to their part because of a big change of bitcoin to its value but if they do the what you deposit is what you get, they prevent losing lots of money, for example they will not rely on bitcoin value in dollars so if you deposit .5 btc then you will get .5 btc rather than you deposit 2k dollars worth in btc to dollars so you will get 2kdollars. So the comoutation of interest is base on bitcoin value per day.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2338
Merit: 339

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:34:11 PM

Banks will not offer bitcoin deposits because banks are anti-bitcoin and they hate it because of its being decentralized which can be the cause for the banks to lose clients and they don't want to accept and offer bitcoin deposit because of the volatility which can be the reason for them to lose money because it is very risky.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jurelmartin

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:42:19 PM

That is really possible. If something they cannot control and people are giving so much interest and trust on bitcoin they should really have their second thoughts towards bitcoin. The generation is changing, they must accept and adapt bitcoin in order to help their customers, and in order to build trust towards bitcoin for future users that hesitates joining the bitcoin community
belalangsembah

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:39:45 AM

I think banks hate crypto like bitcoin and as far as I know, banks will never offer bitcoin to their customers. because banks hate bitcoin because banks are also afraid their customers turn to bitcoin investments
f12345

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:41:18 AM

For years, big banks played an important role in global capitalism. They have been the gatekeepers of national currencies flowing between central banks and the general public. And they have been collecting hefty fees for this role – fees that pay the salaries and bonuses of their employees and the dividends of their stockholders.

In recent years, big banks have played another role -- the gatekeepers of money flowing between national currencies and Bitcoin.

That’s why big banks have the power to make or break Bitcoin. Which action will they take? The answer depends on whether or not big banks develop their own blockchain, and whether Bitcoin will be used as a substitute or as a supplement to national currencies.
Raiden0729

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:45:14 AM

I think as long as Bitcoin is advanced and can ascend in immense costs and the other way around, banks would not acknowledge Bitcoin. Banks need to keep cash flowing and their motivation for cash to continue being utilized, If banks put away Bitcoins for holding that can be an enormous issue for them and that would lead them to be down and out. I advice, its better to hold our coins in our wallets and simply let banks do their work with fiat cash.
Mary Ofosuhene

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:48:55 AM

Owing to the number of criticism bitcoin is facing, I don't think banks will ever accept bitcoin. Banks even see crypto currency as threat and again, having no value because of it volatile nature. This will always make banks continue to flaunt bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. But who knows, maybe there could be a change in mindset one day but currently, I don't see banks accepting crypto in the first place.
Akenosi

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:56:06 AM

Yes, this will happen in future but not now ,they are so many things they need to see and consider before accepting that..
Aponkye1

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 11:50:55 AM

With banks accepting bitcoin deposits is really far fetched looking at how volatile cryptocurrencies are and the fact that it has no central control unlike our fiat currency. But i guess we really don't care for now because currently a bank which deals in cryptocurrency has been established just that it has not yet opened up to every cryptocurrency on the market. We hope more of such initiatives develop soon for the cryptocommunity to have its own banking system if possible.

vakie1

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:55:05 AM

To be honest, considering the price volatility I don't think that banks will take such kind of risk anywhere in near future unless it is legalised in the eyes of law. Bitcoin is a part of the highly volatile market and even 1% price fluctuation might affect the whole cash flow of banks so I don't think banks are going to accept Bitcoin as of now. On the other hand, banks are trying to implement blockchain technology in order to optimise their traditional infrastructure, so they might come up with their own coin but again it will depend on the legal status of cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: