Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:12:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?  (Read 6337 times)
sarungmen

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:05:24 PM

in my opinion it is something that is impossible. because banks are very contrary to bitcoin and banks also oppose it a lot. because maybe the bank will lose a lot of its function and be defeated by the bitcoin system which is easier and more practical in its users so that it becomes one of the main alternatives in making all online transactions
Javak

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:36:08 PM

banks can offer and work with bitcoin if someone take the risks of price falling.
Banks activity connected insurance
Star_Bucks

Activity: 263
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:50:18 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

I think this idea will happen soon, because if banks really wants to stay in the industry and wants to stay existing then it should adapt into what's currently new or what would be the trend, i think sooner or later, many people will earn bitcoin so they will need a place to deposit it, and it will be the banks.
beyasuli

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:04:58 PM

This question is depends on what will actually happen in the future. I guess that it might be it. The banks might do it but I think it might not. That's the difference. It is whether the bank's choice to do it or not. It is up to them.
At the moment I don't think it's possible because the system is different between banks and bitcoin. Someday in the future it may be because the change is certain to occur, both bitcoin is synchronized with the banking system or banking that adjusts to the way bitcoin works. Who knows? Because technology always develops in line with human needs that want to be easy, cheap and safe.
Sandracrypto

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:12:45 PM

There are a lot of possibilities in the new world we find ourselves living in right now. Technology advancement has made everything in this world very possible, i will not be surprised with banks are established specifically for cryptocurrencies.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:34:45 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
Well it would be hard to do cause bank need to lend bitcoin to gain a profit from doing deposit, and thats how bank got a money and pay interest for deposit. I dont think bitcoin could become lending instruments and even though its possible but its not really good as a loan. I dont even think people would want to borrow bitcoin for their businesses cause its too risky. With high volatility it would be impossible for bank to offer bitcoin deposits but i do think custody services would be possible and that will be good for bank to do it.

amber deposit

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:52:50 PM

Bitcoin is a currency that has always struggled to break into the mainstream. This will place even more pressure on legislators to come up with comprehensive plans for regulating a new asset class.There are partnerships already using the blockchain in financials and remittances and its a matter of time or some are in testing phase already, we will  seeing its implementation.
Markistrue

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:55:55 PM

If the majority of countries in the world accept Bitcoin as an international currency in the near future, large and large banks will have no choice but to offer bitcoin deposits.
CryptoCClendon

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:38:05 PM

You should understand that soon there will be nothing like bank,  soon everything will be decentralized, the world itself will get decentralized, bank face off, cryptocurrency take over
Irwandho

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:47:46 PM

They are working on it now, that's why you can buy bitcoin with you credit card. In near future we will have more than that!

I think this might happen in the future because some banks now accept payments and transactions using other bitcoins and altcoins, this will come true.
And the idea might come someday that banks around the world will receive bitcoin deposits in accordance with bank terms and conditions .
MyCoin8

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:55:54 PM

The banks are already under intense pressure as a result of the growing acceptance of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. In order not to loose out, they may offer Bitcoin deposits in future.
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1139
Merit: 103

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:05:55 PM

I"m not sure if banks realized that bitcoin are not trusting people's deposits because some of the banks holds and it will take them as credits. The government are surpassing the gross income every year so people are not trusting banks due to security.

Servalead7

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

I happy to part this Bitcoin Forum

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:00:18 AM

I"m not sure if banks realized that bitcoin are not trusting people's deposits because some of the banks holds and it will take them as credits. The government are surpassing the gross income every year so people are not trusting banks due to security.
According to my knowledge, the central bank of the Philippines has received a Crypto currency case just under observation.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Zero504

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:30:25 AM

I have never seen it before, government regulations are very strict and banks also seem unable to adapt to the blockchain system, there will be various problems if banks have two different currency systems, at least they have to go through case studies first. I read that Japan has implemented it, but they preach to the global public with very minimal publications and are not clearly explained.
Goodnuel
Copper Member

Activity: 381

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 02:11:59 AM

Eventually, banks will have no option but to create bitcoin deposits. Because every business owes it to its customers to adapt to change and work on recent processes that will make for a good experience for the customers. If they don't, others will. And that means a possible run in losses for them.

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:06:36 AM

I think it is very difficult for the bank to accept the bitcoin and it is even harder for them to provide the service so I think it will be hard to come by. But if in the future when bitcoin becomes so popular that it is possible for people to accept it as a currency then I think the bank will have to have that service in order to satisfy everyone.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:57:33 AM

I think it is very difficult for the bank to accept the bitcoin and it is even harder for them to provide the service so I think it will be hard to come by. But if in the future when bitcoin becomes so popular that it is possible for people to accept it as a currency then I think the bank will have to have that service in order to satisfy everyone.

Well i think it is really hard to offer bitcoin deposit today. But in the near future we can maybe bank will adopt  on this kind of deposit. But for now I don't really believe that bank will not make this kind of offer because bank and bitcoin has a different features and services.
Android4Life

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:54:32 AM

I think in future banks become helpless all the people will move to bitcoin no one use banks to store there money and then banks offer to deposit bitcoins. We have to kill banks first
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:12:15 AM

Banks always againts bitcoin and i think why we should deposit bitcoin on banks if we can open bitcoin wallet for free and easy without monthly fee. Banks maybe accept bitcoin for trading because Investment bank like Goldman Sachs want to open trading desk

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:18:56 AM

here in my country banks are also the medium of cashing in but they dont accepts bitcoin deposits because they are against it how weird right? they dont also allow having an account when your income came from the crypto industry.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: