Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:43:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Weexchange issue] The fall of Ukyo III - Updates and references  (Read 49951 times)
WeexUser

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:45:53 AM

Ukyo wrote on irc (#weex) a few hours ago, not much new stuff but its better than silence:

(timestamps are in CET)
[22:42] <VinceSamios> Ukyo why did you shut down activemining accounts?
[03:02] <@Ukyo> I havetn shut down anything
[03:12] <w|zzy> I can't log in
[03:14] <@Ukyo> should be able to
[03:16] <whitty> i logged in just now
[03:17] <w|zzy> So it's enabled again?
[03:18] <whitty> i've never had an issue logging in so I don't know
[03:18] <whitty> I have nothing to do with the site, just letting you know it worked for me
[03:19] <w|zzy> That's cool whitty. I'm not getting aggressive.
[03:19] <whitty> yeah that's cool
[03:19] <w|zzy> Just asking the question as a few would like to know.
[03:20] <w|zzy> I've been incredibly patient with Ukyo
[03:21] <@Ukyo> i can release it from the trade
[03:21] <@Ukyo> i will try to do it tonight
[03:21] <@Ukyo> but it wont change your ability to withdraw
[03:21] <@Ukyo> i just have a lot on my plate atm so people can get their withdraws
[03:24] <w|zzy> I just want to know where I stand..
[03:24] <w|zzy> right now everything is on the ether
[03:24] <@Ukyo> k
[03:24] <@Ukyo> i'll try to work on it tonight
[03:24] <@Ukyo> that old beta system was scrapped due to issues w/ mtgox
[03:25] <w|zzy> that's ok.
[03:26] <@Ukyo> but yeah, it will need to be sorted anywhere so you will be able to claim your btc
[03:26] <w|zzy> Indeed.
[03:33] <B0g4r7> So it's been a week now since we were supposed to get some real information.
[03:34] <@Ukyo> its also been holidays as Danny mentioned.
[03:34] <B0g4r7> When does no confirmation of this "key element" become a negative confirmation?
[03:34] <whitty> bitcoin world doesn't even have night time, expecting people to understand holidays si a stretch Smiley
[03:34] <@Ukyo> That's a Danny question.
[03:34] <B0g4r7> Who is Danny?
[03:34] <@Ukyo> But your theory is currently that it is based off of a single key element and not multiple. Smiley
[03:35] <whitty> Danny Zucho
[03:35] <@Ukyo> whitty: i know.
[03:35] <B0g4r7> My patience grows thinner.
[03:35] <@Ukyo> Danny from NEO&BEE who made the post.
[03:35] <@Ukyo> B0g4r7: What would you like me to do?
[03:35] <whitty> Zuko sorry, google corrected me
[03:35] <B0g4r7> Release our funds, obviously.
[03:35] <@Ukyo> The post was clear that the funds are not currently available for release.
[03:36] <B0g4r7> :sigh:
[03:36] <B0g4r7> Link to post?
[03:36] <@Ukyo> As much as I would like to give you the btc and make you happy
[03:36] <@Ukyo> I can not :/
[03:36] <@Ukyo> So I am working as hard as I can, through the holidays even, to try to get this resolved asap.
[03:37] <whitty> hey I'm just impressed you're still replying to people to say you can't help atm
[03:37] <@Ukyo> I can't dissapear. That would defenitely be "the end"
[03:37] <whitty> that TF cunt just shut down and stopped replying after trying to settle for USD equivs
[03:37] <@Ukyo> And by no means, is this "the end"
[03:38] <@Ukyo> whitty: to be fair, I had to stop using the forums over a week ago
[03:38] <@Ukyo> so in that way, I have
[03:38] <whitty> even if this was a scam, you're putting in the effort Wink
[03:39] <@Graet> the forums are hard to deal with atm :/
[03:39] <@Ukyo> whitty: Well, I am just trying to make things 'right' so I can hold my head high in the community. even if people don't like it.
[03:39] <whitty> man the forums are just a turn based troll box
[03:40] <@Ukyo> Great, Danny, and myself have been working on things
[03:40] <@Ukyo> Graet is limited in what he can do
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GTR_JOEY

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:38:11 AM

Interesting to read that other people have had issues logging into bitfunder, I haven't been able to log in for over a week now. The issue apparently is my 2 factor is incorrect which is absolute rubbish.

Now the site is shut down for maintenance so it will be interesting to see if its sorted when its back up and running again
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:55:35 AM

Anyone thinking of doing silly things or not prepared to wait a bit longer can lawyer up and have them speak to neo. Your lawyer can then advise you accordingly. Danny has said he will do this.

Although the story is not complete/public, Ukyo has not scammed anyone and if someone goes so far as to break the law in retribution for something that hasn't happened, it's going to bite you back. So lawyer up first and do it properly. There are clearly problems but it is not a scam. In either case, a lawyer is the proper way to deal with it.

Or you could wait for the results of neo's input bearing in mind last week were US holidays.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:43:58 PM

Anyone thinking of doing silly things or not prepared to wait a bit longer can lawyer up and have them speak to neo. Your lawyer can then advise you accordingly. Danny has said he will do this.

Although the story is not complete/public, Ukyo has not scammed anyone and if someone goes so far as to break the law in retribution for something that hasn't happened, it's going to bite you back. So lawyer up first and do it properly. There are clearly problems but it is not a scam. In either case, a lawyer is the proper way to deal with it.

Or you could wait for the results of neo's input bearing in mind last week were US holidays.

Yes, holding onto someone's money (in any currency), saying that it is freely available to withdraw, and then not returning it when requested is definitely not scamming.

Especially when he wasn't supposed to be running any kind of fractional reserve anyway. I'm sure no one here thinks he's scamming, especially when he's said that everyone will not get back all of their BTC.
moribana

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:02:03 PM

What do you exactly mean by ``something that hasn't happened''? Our funds have been held by Ukyo for at least a month and it is not clear that we are getting anything back. Even if we get everything, there will be no compensation for lost opportunities. This much has happened.

I agree, though that the fact that Ukyo broke the law does not authorize or warrant anybody else to act in a similar way. On the other hand, I do not quite understand why Danny or Ukyo would be more likely to give out any useful information to lawyers that we hire than to us directly. 
Kosmatos

Activity: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:03:34 PM

I don't think he is scamming anyone. But I do think things clearly went over his head, or at least, he was responsible for more than he could handle.
gnomesick

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:06:27 PM

... he's said that everyone will not get back all of their BTC.

Is there a quote you can provide to back this up?  Because I've been following all the many Bitfunder threads, and I don't remember him saying anything like this.  (In other words: quote or it's FUD)
lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:40:53 PM

... he's said that everyone will not get back all of their BTC.

Is there a quote you can provide to back this up?  Because I've been following all the many Bitfunder threads, and I don't remember him saying anything like this.  (In other words: quote or it's FUD)

FUD

Pompobit (OP)

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:23:12 PM

please avoid to report your personal opinions as facts.

Updated the first post:
- moved the relevant users' posts above the Ukyo's post (since he's not posting since november 17)
- added a cryptocyprus' statement
Pompobit (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:39:07 AM

an update from cryptocyprus will be released this friday:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=289730.msg3818385#msg3818385
WeexUser

Activity: 120

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:34:11 PM

<@Ukyo> on or by today
<@Ukyo> changes: Shares moved to issuers for permenant list. remaining balances moved to weex accounts.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:33:25 PM

What do you exactly mean by ``something that hasn't happened''? Our funds have been held by Ukyo for at least a month and it is not clear that we are getting anything back. Even if we get everything, there will be no compensation for lost opportunities. This much has happened.

All you actually know is we can't access our funds and we'd been told of technical problems. Since then, we've been told that external help is involved. Everything else is conjecture. I understand the conjecture totally, but it isn't fact so shouldn't be reported as such.

I agree, though that the fact that Ukyo broke the law does not authorize or warrant anybody else to act in a similar way. On the other hand, I do not quite understand why Danny or Ukyo would be more likely to give out any useful information to lawyers that we hire than to us directly. 

It isn't necessarily about more information and Danny will talk to individuals too. It's about having someone who understands how the legal system works; who can give proper advice; who will judge the situation correctly and without bias.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 11:16:09 PM

All you actually know is we can't access our funds and we'd been told of technical problems. Since then, we've been told that external help is involved. Everything else is conjecture. I understand the conjecture totally, but it isn't fact so shouldn't be reported as such.

It isn't necessarily about more information and Danny will talk to individuals too. It's about having someone who understands how the legal system works; who can give proper advice; who will judge the situation correctly and without bias.

Can we see the addresses holding our funds so we know they haven't moved?

Publishing those addresses and signing to demonstrate control would be a huge help in battling the 'fractional reserve' and 'lost our BTC to LabScam' rumors.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kirawei

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:52:29 AM

anyone know when will the G.ASICMINER-PT be transferred to friedcat since it already passed 2 Dec
GTR_JOEY

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:09:54 AM

Im assuming no one can log onto bitfunder yet?

the site was supposed to be back up yesterday... what a stuff around
stonehoo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:44:12 AM

any news?
Kosmatos

Activity: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:15:19 AM

I have managed to login to weexchange.co and can see my still pending/processing withdrawal.

There's that.
moribana

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:11:56 PM

Did I miss the update? It is past 5pm in Cyprus. In Europe, this is pretty much the end of the week...
Pompobit (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:17:13 PM

Did I miss the update? It is past 5pm in Cyprus. In Europe, this is pretty much the end of the week...

You missed nothing, we are still waiting
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 04:31:59 PM

You missed nothing, we are still waiting

Guess there will be no update as promised, no excuse, no update, no btc.  Embarrassed

And if there will be one, there wont be a date when we get our money back. Sad but true
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: