Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:37:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Weexchange issue] The fall of Ukyo III - Updates and references  (Read 49951 times)
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:24:50 AM

when bitcoin is <250$ maybe  Roll Eyes

Well, actually, that works for me... I just wonder if it will even fall back to that level one day!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kost

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:10:41 PM

Everyone at Neo & Bee are now involved in this resolution process.
Does that include the janitor?

Looks like janitor is the man in charge!
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:24:17 PM

Everyone at Neo & Bee are now involved in this resolution process.
Does that include the janitor?

Looks like janitor is the man in charge!

That works for me too, if the janitor can refund us Cheesy
Pompobit (OP)

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:17:08 PM

As was announced earlier, most of the coins that were stored in WeExchange.co are now gone. We are still limited in what we can share about how that happened, and what is being done about it, but we do have some updates.

There are still approximately 386btc available in the wallets. These coins will be paid proportionally to all owed users, based on current user balances, by Monday night.

All old withdrawal requests will be removed and each user will need to initiate new withdrawals when this new balance is ready.

Full instructions on how to access the site to process these withdrawals will be provided by 5pm (GMT+2) on Monday 16th December, when you should be able to withdraw the portion of available funds allotted to your account.

This is far from ideal, but it gets every satoshi that is available to those with outstanding balances. When we are able, we will announce more details on what is being done to repay the remaining coins that are owed to WeExchange.co users.

updated the first post, sorry about the delay
Pompobit (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:32:05 AM

Hello Everyone,

I would like to say thank you to everyone for being patient and understanding during these difficult times.

All BTC stuck on WeExchange.co has been migrated to a new claim portal. You will notice your BTC balance
on the main weexchange site zero out. Withdraws via the portal will list in your weexchange.co history.
As funds become available they will be dispursed proportionally on this portal for immediate withdraw.
The first round has been dispersed and is ready. Please keep in mind that the amount and percentage
of bitcoins being released is effected by many variables as we tried to make as much available as possible.

Login details are the same as the weexchange.co site.

Below is a link to a weexchange.co claim portal.
https://weexclaims.weexchange.co/

Now, many of you are still quite concerned over the situation, which given the little information released
is sadly expected. I will address what concerns I can for now.

First off, Danny:
Danny has been extremely helpful and supportive of getting things moving forward. Danny has "not" been paid
off or made any offer of early compensation for his help. In fact he made the opposite offer to take his last
after everyone else. He is the real deal when it comes to wanting to help the community and put the community
first. Several other people, some vocal and some not have also been very helpful and this has been much appreciated.

Secondly, Identification documents:
For legal reasons, and as much as we would like, we can not just purge the data. There are many many factors
behind this. The data is kept off-system. This data (and any other data) has not been compromised.

Thirdly, BitFunder remaining balances:
There are a very small number of users on BitFunder who still have balances and need to transfer out due to
WeExchange account linking and various other reasons. Users in this situation are not out of luck for the first
disbursement. As the problems are worked through on BitFunder, the remaining balances will get moved into
the new claim portal and they will be able to collect their equal distribution.

Fourth, Ukyo.Loan shares:
A portal for shares is being setup for claiming shares where users can put in redemption requests. I stopped
depositing interest payouts through BitFunder due to the problems with WeExchange. All interest owed will be
paid out and redemption requests will be honored as soon as it is possible.

Fifth, G.AsicMiner-PT:
A few weeks ago, I sent FriedCat an email and asked him to hold dividends for the AM shares being held. He still
sent that weeks dividends which I currently hold in a separate wallet apart from WeExchange. At that point
all shares were accounted for by dividend payout calculation. (The only method to track shares directly held.)
No transfers have been made since so all shares should be 100% accounted for. I spoke to FriedCat and he agreed
to hold the future dividends and will disperse them as he processes the transfers. Many users have asked to not
use their email address, or public bitcoin address, etc for the transfer and dividends. So it was decided
to use the same portal as the loan shares or a third portal for transfer management so users can decide what
bitcoin address to send the held dividends to, and what email/bitcoin address to list with FriedCat.
FriedCat will get a weekly lists of transfers and will payout the remaining held dividends he is holding.

I want to make one thing very clear. We are working very hard trying to do everything we can to ensure all
users will be able to claim a full 100% of the amount stuck.  No one set out with or currently has the
intention to scam anyone. That is why we are here and doing all this. The available bitcoin issue is not due
to me spending other peoples bitcoins or accidentally deleting the wallet. It is your choice to believe it or not.

As for "getting bitcoins out of him" goes, no matter which direction you may choose to pursue, at this point
all bitcoins we have access to at this moment have been distributed. If more were available, they would be distributed.
As bitcoins become available, they will be distributed via the portal.

I have seen some people talk about meeting up with me. I think this is a great idea. Let me state however, more
details than what you are getting here will not be available and I will not be able to make any "special arrangements".
I state again, no matter what is said or done, I will not be able to "speed things up". This is something we simply
do not have control over. I do think it would be a good idea to have more community interaction though. If you are
interested, PM me on the Forums or IRC and we can try to pick a date between Christmas and New years and a place that
is easy for all in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. If you PM me here, please use the subject "DFW MEETUP" because as you
can imagine I get quite a few PMs and as much as I want to respond to them all, it is very difficult with already
limited time.

And yes, I am still in Cyprus due to an unexpected problem wth the flight and expect to be home for the holidays.

Once again, I would like to extend my deepest apologies for the situation and thank everyone for their patience and
understanding. We will continue to work towards all solutions that will help to correct for this.

Thank You,
Jon Montroll / Ukyo

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:37:36 PM

I withdrew approx 6% successfully. 94% to go, but it's a start.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:08:22 PM

This is my prediction:
Within the next week, you and others will receive a small fraction of the money that has been taken from you.  This will create enough "good will" to quiet the detractors, generate fresh hope and buy more time.
Given a choice between hope and nothing, 9 out of 10 people chose hope.

Though i thought it would be a bit more than 6%.  Never stop learning Smiley
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:14:57 PM

This is my prediction:
Within the next week, you and others will receive a small fraction of the money that has been taken from you.  This will create enough "good will" to quiet the detractors, generate fresh hope and buy more time.
Given a choice between hope and nothing, 9 out of 10 people chose hope.

Though i thought it would be a bit more than 6%.  Never stop learning Smiley

Shows on the other hand that it means way more work and time for ukyo to work back the missing coins. Practically gone if he has to really work them back instead being able to reclaim them.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:05:09 AM

I found reading this interesting ... who is the CPA?

https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 09:20:57 AM

any information when the rest will be available ?
vayvanne

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:58:22 PM

Balance Stuck is 0 for me after a withdraw at weexclaims.
Pompobit (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:28:18 PM

Balance Stuck is 0 for me after a withdraw at weexclaims.

A lot of users reported the same (I have the same issue, too).

Probably Ukyo/Danny is "playing" with the site, I don't think is anything to be worried about.

You can be much more worried about the 94% left to withdraw  Wink
ashaw596

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:35:21 PM

I had some withdraws stuck on weexchange, but on the claim sight it says 0 balance stuck 0 available 0 withdrawn 0 and I can't log into the origional site at all.
GTR_JOEY

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:24:32 PM

^^ I cant log into it either, this is becoming beyond a joke... I could learn how to do their job and then get it done quicker than these fools.

lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:22:38 AM

not able to login to weexchange or bitfunder.

anyone else get in?
forensick

Activity: 376

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:35:08 AM

Balance Stuck   0.00000000   Available   0.00000000   Withdrawn   0.00000000
nice, where are my coins?
WeexUser

Activity: 120

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:41:49 AM

The "zero" issue has been fixed now.

Hey everyone,

I finally made it back home. During my trip the backup server decided it was a great time to fail. This caused the main systems to fill up with logs due to current extreme logging that is in place and break cookie data. i.e. cookie data was unavailable meaning new logins were not possible and anyone logged in had empty cookie data so the system showed 0's.

I have already got everything cleaned back up.

I am going to _try_ to get the AM claim port up on Monday and then building in the loan claiming.

-Ukyo
GTR_JOEY

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:47:33 AM

well I actually have some of my balance available now, and by some I mean less than 7% I guess its a good idea to start withdrawing bit by bit
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 08:23:13 PM

Really? I have read that in the other thread already. But when i logged in i only see the zeros.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
johnny5

Activity: 90

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:24:59 PM

Really? I have read that in the other thread already. But when i logged in i only see the zeros.

Confirmed, the zero issue is NOT fixed:

Balance Stuck   0.00000000   Available   0.00000000   Withdrawn   0.00000000
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: