Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:02:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Weexchange issue] The fall of Ukyo III - Updates and references  (Read 49948 times)
Sledge

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:50:03 PM

*lol* So i missed the notification link for this thread and after a month i checked the notification section of the forum to see your post. I guess youre right now after MtGox solved his technical problems... Wink

They're all there working on it. Filed for protection, and working to rebuild their business, and get back people's money. What's your problem?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 03:30:23 PM

*lol* So i missed the notification link for this thread and after a month i checked the notification section of the forum to see your post. I guess youre right now after MtGox solved his technical problems... Wink

They're all there working on it. Filed for protection, and working to rebuild their business, and get back people's money. What's your problem?

You speak about weexchange. I spoke about mtgox where you were so sure that one only needs to wait so everything will be solved.
Whatever... "i will give you back your money later" is a pattern that was used by many scammers in the past and it never yielded the result that the debtors wished. I want to know what happened otherwise i cant judge what the chances are to recover my funds. And i cant imagine a thing were the chance of receiving the funds are lower when the debtors dont know it. I mean everyone knows that something is wrong. So if its a hacker or something he knows already too.
It simply makes no sense that the only one that dont know what happened has to be the debtors.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Sledge

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:26:14 PM

You speak about weexchange.

I speak of Mt.Gox! Karpeles is still there, with everyone, working on it. What planet are you living on? I'm serious, but you are living in a universe where Karpeles has disappeared, the Gox document showing their desire to rebrand and rebuild doesn't exist, and, well, I don't know where to start. I can understand you don't believe they got their hands on 200,000 BTC that they "lost", but that doesn't even have to be true for my statement to be true.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 05:56:25 PM

You speak about weexchange.

I speak of Mt.Gox! Karpeles is still there, with everyone, working on it. What planet are you living on? I'm serious, but you are living in a universe where Karpeles has disappeared, the Gox document showing their desire to rebrand and rebuild doesn't exist, and, well, I don't know where to start. I can understand you don't believe they got their hands on 200,000 BTC that they "lost", but that doesn't even have to be true for my statement to be true.

Wow... so even bankruptcy isn't a hint for you to know that you lost? Im astonished. Lets see if it works better than the numerous other lost business where the owner claimed he will pay everything back somehow.

gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:13:37 PM

Wow... so even bankruptcy isn't a hint for you to know that you lost? Im astonished. Lets see if it works better than the numerous other lost business where the owner claimed he will pay everything back somehow.

I'm not overly optimistic about MtGox and stopped using them long ago but bankruptcy protection isn't the same as bankruptcy.

If they really have found 200kBTC, I believe many will look at their books and if the numbers published the last weeks are right, there should be enough liquidity to restart the business and some will make a purchase offer... Which means they'll inherit all the MtGox debts, BTC and fiat.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 07:15:30 PM

I'm not overly optimistic about MtGox and stopped using them long ago but bankruptcy protection isn't the same as bankruptcy.

If they really have found 200kBTC, I believe many will look at their books and if the numbers published the last weeks are right, there should be enough liquidity to restart the business and some will make a purchase offer... Which means they'll inherit all the MtGox debts, BTC and fiat.

Yeah... getting one fourth of the coins back is something at least. More than with other crashs. Though i wonder if really something will buy all these debts and work as MtGox from then. Firstly the name has a bad tone now. And secondly... the user funds were lost. Thats way way more mtgox can earn themself. So it will take a long time until these debts would be worked up. I cant imagine something would want to start an exchange with such a big problem bound to it. It would way easier to start a new one simply.

DeadwoodDan

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 05:00:41 AM

There's no way they can wriggle out of this without having their books, such as they are, pored over. They're already being sued to bejezus and back.

It's the difference between stealing a million dollars in bitcoin from random internet losers before bitcoin went mainstream, and attempting to steal hundreds of millions of suddenly very real dollars from people who have multiple lawyers on their quick dial.

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
A tool for raising the value of any crypto currency
● [WHITEPAPER] [FAQ] [BITCOINTALK] [BOUNTY] [GITHUB] [TELEGRAM] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:46:20 AM

Quick update for all UKYO's loan holders or We exchange Users.

I am still negotiating the hourly rate with my lawyer. but below are some information for you if you want to join to my lawsuit against Ukyo. I still think that lawsuit against UKYO is still the only hope you can have a chance to know what going on there and received possible pay back from Ukyo .

1: people who joint my lawsuit will need to send some deposit to the lawyer. I will gives you his bank account detail, and also you can contact him to find out what happening there. before you send the money to the lawyer ,I will gives you all his personal detail and contact detail. 

2: all cost related to against Ukyo is calculate based on the percentage of how much UKYO owes you towards total liability that against Ukyo in this lawsuit case.
For example, if Ukyo owes me 100 BTC , and there are 1000 total liability in this lawsuit is against to UKYO. then I will respond for 10% of the total cost. of course, that I also will received 10% from what UKYO pays in the future.

3: all cost are calculate in USD , so for people who willing to join this case, you have to prepare some USD first.

4: if not convenience for you   to send USD directly to the Lawyer, it also possible you can send me BTC, then I will based on current conversion rate and help you to send the USD to the Lawyer. (if you trust me, but I do prefer that you send directly to the lawyer).

5: The final hourly rate still being negotiating , so is only receiving people who willing to join me at this moment by PM or Email to Mistake868@hotmail.com( once it been confirm and I will let you know the final rate, and you make your choice that either to join or not.)

6: Last call to joint this lawsuit is 20.04.2014, and also you will need to get you money to the Lawyers account before 30.04.2014. after that date , that Lawyer will star his work, so it is no reason to bothering him to further modify the agreement between us and him.

PS: If there are any unclear information that please do ask me, and however  forgive my poor English.

Kind Regard

Yuan Lu

WeexUser

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:24:38 PM

Hello everyone.

If you have Ukyo.Loan shares, you can claim them at https://loan.weexchange.co/claim
There is also a discussion board there where updates will be posted.

Thank you for your continued patience,
Ukyo
hammurabi

Activity: 223

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:20:10 AM

Any comments on UKYO + Neo + Bee + CryptoCyprus-aka-Danny cooperation ?
Wonder what Ukyo's comment on his involvement with that scam might be.

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
HowlingMad

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:27:09 PM

Hello everyone.

If you have Ukyo.Loan shares, you can claim them at https://loan.weexchange.co/claim
There is also a discussion board there where updates will be posted.

Thank you for your continued patience,
Ukyo

Hi the actual webiste address is: https://weexclaims.weexchange.co/main.php

Good luck trying to get your funds though:  Bitcoind resources currently overloaded, please try back in about 10 minutes. 

I have been getting this message for about a week while trying to get .32BTC of the 5.2 BTC owed.

Would this be considered progress?  Not like the coinlenders/inputs theft.  I have not heard of any progress or resolution with that.

Windows 10, R280x * 3
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:28:02 PM

Would this be considered progress?  Not like the coinlenders/inputs theft.  I have not heard of any progress or resolution with that.

What's that?
ace207

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:25:27 PM

Hello there TF, you won't respond to any of my emails, maybe you'll respond here....

What's the latest on the coinlenders situation? I take it you're still working on a resolution to get the lenders back their coins?

gnomesick

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:24:01 PM

Neither the WeEx claims nor Ukyo.Loan sites are working for me.  The former intermittently allows me to log in, but shows all 0s when I know I still have balance stuck.  And I was seemingly able to create my login for Ukyo.Loan, but logging in simply takes me to the login screen again immediately.

Any word from Ukyo on IRC?
WeexUser

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:46:16 PM

Any word from Ukyo on IRC?
A few hours ago:
Code: (#bitfunder)
* jurov kisses Ukyo
<Ukyo> ew.

From the loan thread
Indeed the claim system was stuck by the bitcoind server.

Should be working just fine now.
I also added a bitcoind status message for future reference and setup a notification system.

Thanks for your patience,
Ukyo
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:53:30 PM

I find it odd that people seem fixated on the loan site. Ukyo has made 0 progress towards paying you back and is not going to pay you back if he can at all avoid it, so it doesn't really matter whether the site is up or down or sideways. This guy is not going to pay you back if you don't do anything, you can check for changes to the loan site 10 times a day it doesn't make a lick of difference to the actual situation of Ukyo defrauding the community of millions of dollars worth of BTC.

It has been many months and nothing has happened. He still hasn't even told you how he 'lost' the thousands of BTC.  Would you not expect if it was truly a LOAN that he would have at least some of it left to pay you back with?  Roll Eyes    Or if he took 1000s of btc loan he would have spent any of it to cover the 1000s of lost BTC deposits to WeExchange?  This guy is just a straight up thief, the sooner you realize that the sooner you can move on.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
AvenG

Activity: 133
Merit: 101

Res Et Non Verbum

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:15:29 AM

Hi folks,
Unfortunately I'm a victim of this scam too.. here is my story:

I was able to withdraw funds successfully from BF for the 1st time on October, later I tried to withdraw a smaller amount but then got scammed. I sent several tickets without getting any response. Soon after I lost access to my WeEx account (my password stopped working), worst of all the recovery account feature didn't work neither the support service. So I was forced to wait until now in order to recover my account again.. Finally, I was able to recover it last week after waiting patiently 6 months. I already sent 2 support tickets regarding my >6 months withdraw order still in "processing status" of just 0.412BTC. I didn't get any response yet. My patience has a limit..

I would like to know your suggestions, I'm wondering if there is any other way to claim my money?

here a screen:

not for sale
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:46:53 AM

Sorry AvenG there is little hope.  You are in the same boat as another 200 or so people. Jon Montroll, the owner, stole everyone's deposits....he hasn't even publicly given an excuse for his taking of all our bitcoins.  I guess you should at least take solace than it is only .41 btc.   I lost around 1 btc and some people lost dozens.  Additionally Ukyo / Jon Montroll took thousands of bitcoins worth of loans and fucked off with that money as well.   If you look around this forum there are at least 3 other threads on this.

There is a lawsuit being looked at SosLove but its probably not something you want to involve in for .41 btc, and I think it is too late. Additionally he constructed his company with the intent purpose of being difficult to charge for illegal activity or liability. Beyond that his information, address etc is available, if you live near him it'd be great if you go confront him about it and try to get your money back. I would if I was anywhere close. He's in Texas I believe.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
WeexUser

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:46:02 PM

I would like to know your suggestions, I'm wondering if there is any other way to claim my money?
You should just have contacted Ukyo on IRC, he is usually quite easy to get a hold on there. (unlike here and through support tickets)

If you didn't know then Ukyo set up a portal where users can withdraw some money which Ukyo defines as "available" we can only guess why the rest is "unavailable".
6.175% of the stuck funds are available for withdrawal atm: http://weexclaims.weexchange.co/
kleinessteak

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 09:10:59 PM

i don't get it, what was his last update about the situation?
anyone contacted him via irc or even personally?

who is organizing the lawsuit,  am i still able to join?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: