Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:51:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761540 times)
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:48:30 PM

I personally don't see where marketing is important now when much-needed and absolutely essential is a great multi platform client. This should be first priority and tackled by joined forces ASAP.
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:50:13 PM

I personally don't see where marketing is important now when much-needed and absolutely essential is a great multi platform client. This should be the first priority and tackled by joined forces ASAP.

The most important thing you can do without coding is to vote https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423241.0

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
instacalm

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:50:30 PM

Yeah OP did you have vanity address on all 3?
something about vanity coding a 64 char account # when you could just buy an alias makes me say WTF
No, that is the thing, i only used the vanity generator for 1 address,
Do you know where you downloaded the vanity from? Have you still got those downloaded files?

From the links in the forum. I still have both java files. Where can i upload those, so noone, uses them?

Post the sha256 sum of each file. I am pretty sure they are clean and weren't the issue.
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

I personally don't see where marketing is important now when much-needed and absolutely essential is a great multi platform client. This should be the first priority and tackled by joined forces ASAP.

Nexern, are you willing to open-source your code at this stage?
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:50:43 PM

No idea. Some kind of voodoo magic I suppose.

Shocked

And now the serious answer please.

No idea. Some kind of alien technology I suppose.

CfB, just keep it in a separate account and share the key with Anon and another trustworthy dude. Don't overthink this shit. This 9 guys, 3 password thing is like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:51:22 PM

A marketing strategy, development and execution can sometimes cost more time than develop a great multi platform client. Please do not underestimate this.

instacalm

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:53:08 PM

A marketing strategy, development and execution can sometimes cost more time than develop a great multi platform client. Please do not underestimate this.

I do not underestimate this at all. One can go kickstart marketing strategy once there is the essential multi platform client.
perl
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:53:28 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 08:28:15 PM by perl

I have need just 2 NXT ( 8787671824418832186 )

I have make withdraw by dgex more 24H and not receveid my COIN?

Just for test if my installation is Operational.

I respawn after receveid my withdraw

Not visible in blockchain

[Edit]
Thanks for anymous for 10NXT . I have not need more NXT or many many more Smiley
[/Edit]
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:57:03 PM

I do not underestimate this at all. One can go kickstart marketing strategy once there is the essential multi platform client.

We are working on multiple fronts at the same time, it is not linear mathematics anymore.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
rriky92

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 07:58:36 PM

If anyone needed Indonesian translator for some marketing articles or anything
I'm more than willing to work my fingers off!
Indonesia is like biggest untapped resources in the world of cryptocurrency.
Indonesia + Korea.
Welcome to the public list of translators:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAGADgnQcrtdHRrV3V3Z1lzOXVEMWtqdElUaEtqV1E#gid=8

You can also look at marketing thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg4465984#msg4465984
- Right now you can start with: Translating Nxt Wiki  (the wiki boss is Joefox) + you can fill Volunteer Questionaire (it is similar to the nxteam gdoc, but Nxt is decentralized, so we do same things in more places)

I am doing wiki italian translation
instacalm

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:00:58 PM

We are working on multiple fronts at the same time, it is not linear mathematics anymore.

Sure. So nexern's client (multi-platform) is the one that is being waited for, right? I can see only one person working on this particular client. It should be a no-brainer that the client is far more important than marketing at the current stage.
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:04:33 PM

So nexern's client (multi-platform) is the one that is being waited for, right? I can see only one person working on this particular client. It should be a no-brainer that the client is far more important than marketing at the current stage.

Nexern likes to work alone for now or you could contact him offering helps. Read here for more information https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412138.0. We could have a alpha/ beta in a week or so.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:04:39 PM

OK, time to organise my semi-random thoughts and inflict them on the Nxt community.

First off:   +100 to Comes-on-Beyonce for financing salsacz in his marketing efforts out of his own pocket. Nice move.

On the marketing vs devs front: stop bitching each other up.
Devs need marketing, marketeers need product. Nxt needs both sides of the coin to be a success.

Nxt has come a long way on the strength of grass-roots marketing and community activism. This is (as I've said 106 times) Nxts greatest strength; the community support. We need to continue this effort, and help finance the guys who are making this happen.

I need to throw down a definition here: I'm going to define marketing as pretty much any action that helps to bring Nxt into the public eye, while I see advertising as being the use of (semi-) traditional media (TV, radio, print, web) to throw a message in the face of a mass audience of Joe Public (ie non-techie people).

I'm totally in favour of marketing right now to the more tech-savvy community (crypto-freaks, nerds/web users in general) but I feel that mass market advertising will be a complete waste of time and money and maybe even counter-productive.
If we get Joe Public to sign up to NXT and his/her first experience is a tricky set-up process (or losing funds) they will get the hell out of Nxt very quickly and warn other people to avoid us.

tl:dr: Marketing good, mass market advertising bad. (right now)
Marketing dudes should carry on with the current grass-roots activism, devs should make sure that we have a better and improved Nxt experience, for example one-click clients + account locking/security.

On the marketing front: I've just checked out FrictionlessCoins NEX bollocks, and the one overwhelming impression I get is that people will go mad for it if they can maybe get something for free.

I propose that we use some of the unclaimed coins for a big give-away action. Hand out big fistfuls of NXT to the people who have been supporting NXT over the last couple of months (maybe by weighting this thread contribution, to include me, of course) and then carry on with random give-aways to new Nxt'ers.

And one big give-away to a public figure/charity. All give aways will bring people in, rewarding the established community will give us a warm fuzzy feeling, and a big public figure/charity give away will get lots of coverage in mainstream news media without Nxt having to pay for advertising.

This brings me to voting: we need to get the voting system sorted out.
Which brings me to the complete f**king nightmare that this thread is becoming. We need to hive off debate threads to one of the other 2 forums, so that we can concentrate on one topic at hand, not all the topics all of the time.

Having said that, I'm off to the Nextcoin.org forum:

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,2277.0.html

to see what we can do about the Amsterdam BTC conferences.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:05:22 PM

So nexern's client (multi-platform) is the one that is being waited for, right? I can see only one person working on this particular client. It should be a no-brainer that the client is far more important than marketing at the current stage.

So we all just sit back and wait till it comes out? That is just waste of our time. We can work on marketing right now at the same time.

Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:05:44 PM

Marketing needs to be planned and thus budgeted.
We already know that the client is coming soon. So planning and budgetting to be able to start the campaign as soon as the client is there is logical.

Parallel processing.

Marketing must plan and get ready while devs develop.

The idea that marketing is effortless is an example of good marketing in itself Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
instacalm

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:06:34 PM

Nexern likes to work alone for now or you could contact him offering helps. Read here for more information https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412138.0. We could have a alpha/ beta in a week or so.

To make things clear, I am not opposed to marketing at all. I am merely stressing the need of a solid client [which at the end of the day has strong marketing effects in itself]. Thank you for the link.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:11:02 PM

If anyone needed Indonesian translator for some marketing articles or anything
I'm more than willing to work my fingers off!
Indonesia is like biggest untapped resources in the world of cryptocurrency.
Indonesia + Korea.
Welcome to the public list of translators:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAGADgnQcrtdHRrV3V3Z1lzOXVEMWtqdElUaEtqV1E#gid=8

You can also look at marketing thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg4465984#msg4465984
- Right now you can start with: Translating Nxt Wiki  (the wiki boss is Joefox) + you can fill Volunteer Questionaire (it is similar to the nxteam gdoc, but Nxt is decentralized, so we do same things in more places)

I am doing wiki italian translation

OK, you could also contact permafrost, he already translated some italian texts:
http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Permafrost
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:12:48 PM

And if some dudes tackle the marketing stuff, not one little piece of energy will get snatched away from developing some nice clients. So whats the point... it's not like we are only 3 guys.

Parallel processing.

Marketing must plan and get ready while devs develop.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:14:51 PM

Welcome to a new beginning!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
instacalm

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:15:33 PM

Welcome to a new beginning!

Welcome to FrictionlessCoin's never-ending entertainment in despair.

@bitcoinpaul, right you are.
Pages: « 1 ... 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: