Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:22:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:08:44 PM

...great idea. Also use some founds for CFB to finish Lakshmi [LAK]

Lakshmi is very easy to create. All work could be done for 100 NXT. Smiley I don't do it coz I'm waiting for my partner, when she sorts out all legal issues.

I would be eager to help if you need it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:09:02 PM

Will there be one account for 3 guys or 3 guys with respectively 1/3 funds in their accounts?

If distribution (ratio) of the unclaimed funds has already been decided, then I think it's easier to let each handle one fund (Easier for accountability and record keeping).
If distribution of unclaimed funds has not been decided, and it's going to be another long debate over it, I suggest divide it equally and they will reallocate once the ration has been decided.
Marketing has been decided at 3 million
Tech/Infrastructure the remaining 6 million. Once we know the cost for the 1000TPS hubs, then we will know the right allocation between tech and infrastructure.

Just want to be a broken record here and say that IMHO a significant proportion of this 9M should be set aside as a rainy day fund that doesn't get spent for say one year.  Otherwise I predict it will be all gone in a year.  There is certainly no shortage of people here wanting to spend it, less than 90 days after genesis block creation.
Each committee will be able to decide all these issues. It is a constant battle between spending now to boost the value of NXT, which reduces what is needed in the future, versus saving it and counting on each NXT to get that much more.

One year is a long time in this industry, but if we can stretch these funds to two years and still maintain top dog status among second gen, then I say stretch. My concern is that we stay on top. That is the most important. If we have to use all the funds up but can stay on top all of 2014, then 2015 will be much easier.

If we stretch the funds to three years but end up losing top status, then we might have funds longer, but the outcome is worse.

The goal is to maintain our leadership position among second gen

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:09:21 PM

Will there be one account for 3 guys or 3 guys with respectively 1/3 funds in their accounts?

If distribution (ratio) of the unclaimed funds has already been decided, then I think it's easier to let each handle one fund (Easier for accountability and record keeping).
If distribution of unclaimed funds has not been decided, and it's going to be another long debate over it, I suggest divide it equally and they will reallocate once the ration has been decided.
Marketing has been decided at 3 million
Tech/Infrastructure the remaining 6 million. Once we know the cost for the 1000TPS hubs, then we will know the right allocation between tech and infrastructure.

Just want to be a broken record here and say that IMHO a significant proportion of this 9M should be set aside as a rainy day fund that doesn't get spent for say one year.  Otherwise I predict it will be all gone in a year.  There is certainly no shortage of people here wanting to spend it, less than 90 days after genesis block creation.

Personally I don't think there's anything really wrong with that. In one years time NXT should be self-sustainable and be 100% open source. It is not healthy or good for NXT to have a "official" anything beyond 1 year existence in my opinion.

The job for marketing is to make the NXT ecosystem grow and get tons of new users, not to be the CEOs of NXT for eternity. That is the opposite of what is meant for NXT.
NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:09:37 PM

There's currently mostly an agreement on 3 stakeholders as treasurers with no rights to vote.

3 funds divided between 3 of them (each is responsible for only one account):

* development = 5 million
* marketing = 3 million
* infrastructure (can also be shared as misc or reserve) = 1 million

Then there will be one or more committees, which will actually decide how to spend these funds.

So let's focus for now on taking money from CfB and splitting between these 3 people, so he won't send it to the genesis.

Then we can focus on committees.

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:14:03 PM

First, it's "their", not "there".  Very important to get that right in the marketing materials.

Second, ladies and gentlemen, you can see right here and right now how the revolution to take the common heritage of the NXT community from the hands of the many into the hands of the few is complete.

Grin that's why i'm not a copy writer....I just think up the strategy and they execute what I say.

That's how Hitler operated, and it certainly is a straightforward management style.  I strongly urge you to get some sort of comment-based review cycle and feedback loop into your thinking.  

Folks, these committee members haven't actually been selected yet, perhaps you would like to go over there and express your thoughts on who should control this unspent 9M NXT - while you still CAN express your thoughts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445209.0;all
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:15:56 PM

The slate of treasurers is: klee, bybitcoin, neer.g with pouncer as alternate. One treasurer for each of the three committees.

Lets table any discussions about specific funding decisions that were made in the past or proposed, we MUST come to consensus on Process. Without this consent, there are no funds to debate about.

I suggest that the selection process for the three different committees starts right away, those are the decision makers. Merit based for each committee. Details on size, etc. to work out but that is up to each committee.

One step at a time. Current step is to get consensus on the Process

James

ladies and gentlemen, you can see right here and right now how the revolution to take the common heritage of the NXT community from the hands of the many into the hands of the few is complete.

Wasn't it more like "The committee discusses ideas and solutions with the community and make some polls for getting the overall opinion before making decisions"? I don't want voting's to make the final decisions, but there should be polls to get the opinion of the many, like it was stated in the old voting thread. Then, we can burn the witches play french revolution with the members of the commitee if necessary  Grin

edit:
A funding committee follow "open bounty" concept

hm.
Hegemon

Activity: 152

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:19:14 PM

First marketing thing to do should be to use a specific forum for NXT instead of creating multiple threads on this bitcoin forum.

This long thread isn't easy to follow, and now you re creating more around ?  Huh
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:19:43 PM

First, it's "their", not "there".  Very important to get that right in the marketing materials.

Second, ladies and gentlemen, you can see right here and right now how the revolution to take the common heritage of the NXT community from the hands of the many into the hands of the few is complete.

Grin that's why i'm not a copy writer....I just think up the strategy and they execute what I say.

That's how Hitler operated, and it certainly is a straightforward management style.  I strongly urge you to get some sort of comment-based review cycle and feedback loop into your thinking.  

Folks, these committee members haven't actually been selected yet, perhaps you would like to go over there and express your thoughts on who should control this unspent 9M NXT - while you still CAN express your thoughts.

I think it will be prudent for the community to provide an up or down vote for each slate of proposed committee members.

Voting to be done in a special voting thread with posts. This also allows selection between competing slates. I think it best if the voting was open to eliminate sock puppets affecting the future of NXT.

By voting for an entire slate, we can be sure each slate has the right mix of talents, etc. in them.

We also need to make sure that people on committees cant directly decide to award themselves NXT. Abstention rules, conflict of interest avoidance. Common sense stuff

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:20:49 PM

First marketing thing to do should be to use a specific forum for NXT instead of creating multiple threads on this bitcoin forum.

This long thread isn't easy to follow, and now you re creating more around ?  Huh

+1^100000

I have said this for weeks now. Let's start using the forum NEXTCOIN.ORG where we have 4500 active members. Why the hell are the main decisions still being made in this neverendingthread that is more disorganized than a crackhead?
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:21:37 PM

There's currently mostly an agreement on 3 stakeholders as treasurers with no rights to vote.

* marketing = 3 million

Then there will be one or more committees, which will actually decide how to spend these funds.

So let's focus for now on taking money from CfB and splitting between these 3 people, so he won't send it to the genesis.

I propose as the only currently established NXT treasurer:

1.The 9M NTX to be split into four funds, with the additional one being a rainy day fund that doesn't get tapped for a period of one year
2. The rainy day fund constitute a minimum of one-quarter of unspent NXT
3. The committee spending the rainy day fund is to be formed in one year from genesis block formation to allow new blood that hasn't even discovered NXT yet a chance to participate
4. That rickyjames be established as treasurer of the rainy day fund
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:24:45 PM

* marketing = 3 million

1.The 9M NTX to be split into four funds, with the additional one being a rainy day fund that doesn't get tapped for a period of one year
3. The committee spending the rainy day fund is to be formed in one year from genesis block formation to allow new blood that hasn't even discovered NXT yet a chance to participate

What is with this obsession with having control over NXT past 1 year? NXT is supposed to be decentralized. It is not healthy for NXT branding to have a official committee etc. at all. We HAVE to have it now that we're in beta phase, but it's not supposd to be a lasting thing. Hell even CfB leaves the ship soon. It's time NXT becomes self-sustainable.

Aren't you in charge of 2+ million NXT from private founders already? What are those being spent on?
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:27:26 PM

+1^100000

I have said this for weeks now. Let's start using the forum NEXTCOIN.ORG where we have 4500 active members. Why the hell are the main decisions still being made in this neverendingthread that is more disorganized than a crackhead?

Actually it should be nxtcrypto.org - if everyone moves there, members will come. Best to use a forum that is independent.
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:27:43 PM

Ricky I respect you cuz you are my elder...but pls note I was a voting member of the Board at 24 years old and the operating budget of our organization was 250 million dollars....so I know how to operate in a strategic management structure.

But yes we must always be open to the idea's of others....ALWAYS.

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:28:50 PM

What is with this obsession with having control over NXT past 1 year? NXT is supposed to be decentralized. It is not healthy for NXT branding to have a official committee etc. at all. We HAVE to have it now that we're in beta phase, but it's not supposd to be a lasting thing. Hell even CfB leaves the ship soon. It's time NXT becomes self-sustainable.

Aren't you in charge of 2+ million NXT from private founders already? What are those being spent on?

There is no official committee.

It's just a group with 10 Mio. NXT. That's it.
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:30:14 PM

Could somebody check my node and Android TV stick? http://217.17.88.5:7874/
Seems to me that it is working, but in any case, check from outside world Smiley
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:30:19 PM

+1^100000

Actually it should be nxtcrypto.org - if everyone moves there, members will come. Best to use a forum that is independent.

Nextcoin is independent too. Just beause the founder also owns DGEX doesn't mean it's affiliated with DGEX. It isn't
You are allowed to discuss anything there.
The point is that it already has a ton of users. Sure it could do with a design makerover, but other than that it's fine.
I don't have anything against the nxtcrypto forum either, but I want this to happen soon.

I have requested this for weeks and asked CfB specifically why he choose to ignore 90% of NXTers and only focus on thist hread, but there seems to be no other answer than "I like this thread".
I think it's dishonest to the spirit of democracy to ignore the vast amount of NXTers that simply do not have the time to follow this thread.
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:32:09 PM

There is no official committee.

It's just a group with 10 Mio. NXT. That's it.

When the NXTs come directly from BCNext that is as official as you get it.
My point is that NXT should and will be selfsustainable and opensource. Marketing and development will become decentralized.
I predict that within 4-6 months NXT is already so big that we wont have to worry about it anymore.
nxtru

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:33:45 PM

Seems to me that it is working, but in any case, check from outside world Smiley

It works! Just curious, how much memory does it have?
Voluntold

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:34:10 PM

* marketing = 3 million

+1 I agree with you there. Keep things as decentralized as possible.

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:35:40 PM

It works!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
Pages: « 1 ... 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: