Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:09:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412869 times)
Kumala

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 01:30:27 AM

on friday and we had a baby girl

Congratulations.

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 01:35:40 AM

thank you Smiley
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 01:53:08 AM

It was me dude, do I need to say it anymore?  Can you explain to me what my actual balance should be, so that we can settle up the difference? 

I'm continuing to get thousands of coins added to my account.  I just want to understand the amount I should actually have.

Please help me.  I need to go watch a movie with my family (family movie night).

I'll be back in a couple hours.  Simmer down.  Ciao. 

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
cablepair

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 02:00:40 AM

i sent you an email, do what it says to do in the email

the only reason I am so upset about it is because now legitimate miners cannot withdraw the amount that are owed to them because you emptied out the wallet. The best thing to do would be to send the whole thing back or equivent BTC like described in the email, and let me figure out the problem and the correct math and then you and everyone else can get paid the correct amount that is owed to you. I will get the entire thing figured out tomorrow, just send it all back to the addresses in the email, if you already sold it for BTC (which I know you did) just send the amount of BTC you received for it. I will figure out the math for everyone and the pool will get fixed and everyone will get paid tomorrow, thank you.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 02:09:32 AM

the only reason I am so upset about it is because now legitimate miners cannot withdraw the amount that are owed to them because you emptied out the wallet. The best thing to do would be to send the whole thing back or equivent BTC like described in the email, and let me figure out the problem and the correct math and then you and everyone else can get paid the correct amount that is owed to you. I will get the entire thing figured out tomorrow, just send it all back to the addresses in the email, if you already sold it for BTC (which I know you did) just send the amount of BTC you received for it. I will figure out the math for everyone and the pool will get fixed and everyone will get paid tomorrow, thank you.

1) I see no e-mail from you...

2) How about you tell me the math, because I've done the math and don't see what's wrong.

3) How do you "know" I sold it for BTC. 

4) The price is overpriced given the hashing power going into this chain.  So don't blame me for it balancing out.

5) Very professional.

I'll wait until you've calmed down.  Go enjoy your new bundle of joy and stop hassling me about $20.

I'm starting to think you're a scammer who's trying to steal my coins...

I think I've been more than honest/reasonable.  Please read some of my posts and reply respectfully...

Fold for spending BTCs

Kumala

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 02:19:46 AM

[quote ]
Maintenance shares have been added for maintaining devcoin services which don't get fees.  This includes block explorers and permanent nodes.  The maintenance share is 1/5 of a generation share, it will get payed each round as long as the service is working.
[/quote]

Question, what resources doe a permanent node need (# connections, memory, CPU load)?

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 05:12:39 AM

I still haven't found any e-mail.  My account has over 3 million coins now.  Clearly this is a mistake this time around.  Based on my calculations, I shouldn't have more than half a million.

I'm still confused as to how many of the 6 million I withdrew you think are yours/mine.  Please show me some math of what you think should be "yours" and how much should actually be in my account right now.

I'm gonna keep mining for your pool, so feel free to balance it out after you do the math.  I hope it gets straightened out, but you can call off the "theif" hunt.

Fold for spending BTCs

soptik

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 09:05:18 AM

I still haven't found any e-mail.  My account has over 3 million coins now.  Clearly this is a mistake this time around.  Based on my calculations, I shouldn't have more than half a million.

I'm still confused as to how many of the 6 million I withdrew you think are yours/mine.  Please show me some math of what you think should be "yours" and how much should actually be in my account right now.

I'm gonna keep mining for your pool, so feel free to balance it out after you do the math.  I hope it gets straightened out, but you can call off the "theif" hunt.

I recommend you to create new account on pool if you want keep mining there. I had the same problem - mined balance was somehow multiplied. After creating new account and started mining using this new account problem disapeared (so far).
cablepair

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 11:25:46 AM

1) I see no e-mail from you...

2) How about you tell me the math, because I've done the math and don't see what's wrong.

3) How do you "know" I sold it for BTC.  

4) The price is overpriced given the hashing power going into this chain.  So don't blame me for it balancing out.

5) Very professional.

I'll wait until you've calmed down.  Go enjoy your new bundle of joy and stop hassling me about $20.

I'm starting to think you're a scammer who's trying to steal my coins...

I think I've been more than honest/reasonable.  Please read some of my posts and reply respectfully...

yep you've got it all figured out!

I am a scammer trying to steal your coins! You are genius, I should just let you keep them for being so smart!

how do I know you cashed them out for BTC? Its pretty easy to figure out, your the genius you tell me

All of the sudden 6.2 million DVC are cashed out of the ONLY Devcoin pool in existence, and the same day the DVC value on the exchange PLUMMETS.....

gee, how did I come to the conclusion that your rushed to cash them out? I wonder.... The stats are in! You were only suppose to be able to chash out 1.2 million - You owe the pool 5 Million DVC, send 5 Million DVC or 5.5 BTC to the below addresses

to everyone else I am very sorry about all of this, I hope you stay with the pool, I will give everyone 0% fees for the next 100 blocks after this gentleman pays me back. The math on all accounts should be fixed today and I will make sure everyone can withdraw what they need to

No one will be able to withdraw anything until this 5 million is put back into the wallet. If you want your money go talk to the gentleman whos post I am quoting

thank you.

DVC: 18hgx2MqW1eo6s7gssr5w7tbqjRoRKjfqd
BTC: 1iFrQBQkBQ5L4ehnCx7PBdLoLHuhTFBwq
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 04:04:09 PM

[quote ]
Maintenance shares have been added for maintaining devcoin services which don't get fees.  This includes block explorers and permanent nodes.  The maintenance share is 1/5 of a generation share, it will get payed each round as long as the service is working.

Question, what resources doe a permanent node need (# connections, memory, CPU load)?
[/quote]

The important one is 24/7 incoming port open. Most people do not have a port open in their router for other nodes to connect to them, they reach out to connect to others. Most of those others cannot be reached out to. Default number of connections to try to have even for those who cannot be reached out to is 8, but there do not seem to be 8 nodes yet that can be reached out to. The three connections I have might well just be the three amazon virtual machines one person set up. It would be nice if one could not only attain 8 connections but also have them all be controlled by different actual people.

They need not mine, so CPU load should be quite minimal/reasonable. They can have many connections. I believe the level of virtual machine that amazon offers free to people who have a credit card can handle it no problem at the current level of load and size of blockchain. (I just don't happen to have a credit card currently, bah humbug.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
cablepair

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 05:02:22 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2011, 03:53:06 PM by cablepair

cablepair

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 11:31:35 PM

It is wrong of me to with hold money from the other miners of the pool because of one dishonest person

I am going to put some of my personal money into the pool and it should be enough for everyone to at least mostly cash out of not cash out all together. If someone is still not able to cash all their earnings out let me know and I will put a ghash of mining power at the pool and let it accumulate until I can pay everyone out and have a positive wallet balance for the pool

The funds should be available in about an hour.

To kjilmo - I hope you do the right thing, you knew you did the wrong thing, now make it right. If you do not pay the money back tonight you will be perm-banned from the pool and I will also bring the case to the mods of Bitcointalk.org and let them decide if you should officially be labeled a scammer. You admitted you took money that although was made available to you was not actually yours, if a bank makes an error and puts a million dollars in your account you better believe they expect you to pay it back and I expect the same thing. You knew damn well that you did not mine 6.2 million + devcoins in under a week, c'mon man no body is that stupid. You thought you would take advantage of a computer error and make a couple of extra coins.

Look what happened due to your careless behavior, You bring bad P.R. to Devcoin, drive people away from the only devcoin pool available, you drove the price of Devcoin WAY Down single highhandedly crashing the exchange rate and you took money that did not belong to you, weather you knew at the time or not I think you knew that money was not yours but there is no way to prove that, the thing is you KNOW NOW, so do the right thing. NOW.

I apologize to the other miners for this unfortunate situation, remember I will reimburse your 1% fee for the next 100 blocks

thank you for mining with pool.devcoin.org

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2011, 03:02:43 AM

Dude, I have a job.  I just got home.  Let me catch up with all the posts, and then we'll be square by the morning. 

1) My account has been suspended... I'm still mining with the pool dude...

2) Why are you posting my personal information? Talk about bad PR for the pool.  Wouldn't slandering someone who used your program the way it was coded make you look bad?

How was I supposed to know that my balance was too much? 

I hope you drop all of this stuff.  I was busy volunteering at a local foodbank and then working all day...  Nice to come home to this headache...

5,015,121.94 DVC sent to the following address:

18hgx2MqW1eo6s7gssr5w7tbqjRoRKjfqd

Please unban my account so that I can check my balance.

Fold for spending BTCs

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2011, 03:08:21 AM

Two more things,

1) I haven't lied at all.  I said I didn't sell them and you shouldn't jump to conclusions.  I did want to sell my devcoins b/c they seemed overvalued, but that was only b/c your site was telling me I was making half a million a day.  It seemed like they were overvalued.

2) It's called a market, don't blame me if the market price drops.

Fold for spending BTCs

soptik

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 11:13:01 AM

Does anyone else received following email from cablepair?

did you withdraw over 6 million DVC from the pool? that is not right
please send it back.

please read this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586

If it was not you that took the money please disregard this.

I will look through the database as soon as I get some time and figure
out who did this.

Cablepair: no - it wasn't me. As i wrote in email 4 days earlier, when i informed you about pool problems, withdraw function wasn't functional.
BTW congrats to become a father.
cablepair

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2011, 11:54:22 AM

Soptik I sent that email to all the miners of the pool the day I discovered the DVC missing, as it says in the email please disregard it if it is not you.

kjilmo thank you for doing the right thing, I will UN-suspend your account.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2011, 01:21:33 PM

I have just issued the GMC contract onto my Open Transactions server, so we now have the first DeVCoin stock-exchange, in that you can buy/sell General Mining Corp for DeVCoin (among other currencies).

Next I will be adding General Retirement Corp, then start figuring out how the Initial Public Offering (IPO) process for inauguration of new types of shares will be structured.

Currently only Preferred Shares are really suitable, because the planned voting systems are not yet in the code, nor does the code have routines for automatically distributing dividends.

GMC and GRF fit this nicely, as they have always been more like a currency than a share, in that they never planned to pay dividends they always planned that instead of paying out dividends they would simply increase their holdings of useful/valuable collateral and capital equipment and so on, providing holders of the scrip / currency with increased value per coin instead of dividences of more coin of that or some other type.

Possibly they might not quite really be what a properly DeVCoin Stock-Exchange would be using?

Maybe to have a properly DeVCoin stock-exchange we would mean that stocks denominated in some sense in DeVCoin would be issued?

It might be interesting to figure out quite what we would mean by "a DeVCoin stock exchange" ?

But if we merely mean one in which we can trade DeVCoin for stocks and bonds and such, I think maybe I might be able to qualify?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2011, 03:05:20 PM

Does anyone else received following email from cablepair?

did you withdraw over 6 million DVC from the pool? that is not right
please send it back.

please read this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586

If it was not you that took the money please disregard this.

I will look through the database as soon as I get some time and figure
out who did this.

Cablepair: no - it wasn't me. As i wrote in email 4 days earlier, when i informed you about pool problems, withdraw function wasn't functional.
BTW congrats to become a father.

This was the e-mail meant for me.  Cablerepair, if you plan on sending more e-mails, you might want to check that functionality, b/c I don't think I ever received it.  I don't think my spam filter caught it (I was checking), but you never know.

Soptik I sent that email to all the miners of the pool the day I discovered the DVC missing, as it says in the email please disregard it if it is not you.

kjilmo thank you for doing the right thing, I will UN-suspend your account.

Thanks for unsuspending my account.  I'm glad we sorted everything out. 

Back to balance questions:

Estimated: 1925 DVC

Unconfirmed: 328061.45397357 DVC

Total Balance: 143024.55413 DVC

This means I'm back up to about a half million of DVC within the past few days.  Just wanted to throw it out there to make sure that is correct.  I won't be withdrawing anytime soon, but wanted to be sure of this info. 

soptik2, are you seeing similar balances?  Looks like we're around similar hash rates today. 

I have 2 gighash available.  Would it be helpful to point all of that at the devcoin pool?  Right now, I'm only pointing half - one GPU at it.

Fold for spending BTCs

cablepair

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2011, 03:16:11 PM

Do not worry, everything is working fine, your balances look correct to me. Smiley
soptik

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 03:28:22 PM

Back to balance questions:

Estimated: 1925 DVC

Unconfirmed: 328061.45397357 DVC

Total Balance: 143024.55413 DVC

soptik2, are you seeing similar balances?  Looks like we're around similar hash rates today.  

i'm having this:

Estimated: 1980 DVC

Unconfirmed: 170168.99228544 DVC

Total Balance: 1198445.4249 DVC

These are higher values than yours - because it's sum of my 2 accounts (they were merged). I think that during last 24 hours pool is computing balances correctly.

But one little strange thing remains - if you look into pool block history, there are many blocks which has only 1 share - so whole amount of 4950 DEV for a block goes to one miner. During last hour - it were 3 blocks. Is it normal?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: