Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:00:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just lost my entire wallet of 13 BTC.  (Read 3264 times)
tensports

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:40:17 AM

im feeling so sad to hear your lost i hope you learn from your mistakes 13 bitcoins is a huge lost next time extreme care
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:41:58 AM

Seriously? If that happened to me, I will find myself crying on the corner of our house. Thirteen bitcoin is not that easy to earn. If I know that I am holding that amount in my wallet, I would like to cash it out as soon as possible. I feel that my wallet very attractive to hackers. So cash it out in order to secure it much more. Better to deposit it in a bank or better to keeo it in my house. I am also careful to open my wallet because there are so many fake sites. Better to check the address first before logging in.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Shadovka

Activity: 896
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:01:14 AM

Cautionary Tale: I messed up. Big time. Please don’t pile on harder as I’m already sick to my stomach.

NEVER EXPOSE YOUR BTC KEYS/Seed to an forked wallet.

Two days ago, I attempted to split my BTC Diamond and BTC Private. I could not get it.

At some point, I exposed my Ledger Nano with my BTC on it, to each of their Electrum Wallets.

Last night, my wallet was emptied of ALL my BTC, 13+ coins.

Here is the transaction.

Transaction Identifier: d96a7dcd9775456e36938ed2cb84e9d0cac46fad14b8c95008ed77d08f9f8de6

Went to: 3LsvHPBGuEVLZZDUiUuNdNi33T7zmTBC7o

Here’s a signed message so you know I HAD controller of the wallet.
I’m not scamming, just utterly sick to my stomach for losing 13+ BTC.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
@TheShillBilly Twitter

I've lost all my coins. Please help ANYONE. If you stole them
Please return them! Please Please Please!  RT to help...

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1QFFas4xGSy1p1Kj2ghyD6BJhVDmwWmyKb
H744TwI8rhqMHinDQdTtYiw3JGie9oC/p6XaUcPz25pzUcEoK0cakF0p1mBPZehnJk1PP8JgtEgte2OvDZXAr3g=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

It appears that I have now lost my entire life savings. I’m not begging for a handout but rather attempting to warn anyone new to the space. I’m sick to my stomach with the loss and my only hope is to gain the attention of the culprit.

If you have any space in your heart, please return the BTC. I’d accept a fraction of what was stolen. Please don’t completely bankrupt me.

Firstly after hearing ifeel sorry for your situation. Even the fact that btc has drop its value but it is still very valuable. I does not think the person that have your btc will pay you back but hope you meet a kind soul that will transfer you back your btc.

vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:02:16 AM

Almost every month we hear story like this, people being scammed and left empty handed. thanks by posting this we can get some idea for future transaction we don't do what you have done. For the person who stole your money, can't he just give you like a half of it?

tipac

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:11:57 AM

TheShillBilly: do you realize exactly the mistakes you made, so others can learn ? I'm asking because the fact that you exposed your key to a forked wallet is not reason you lose your coins. In this case you can easily go after the GitHub user IP and track him or report this to authorities. There was a similar case like yours and police was able to catch the bad guy. Have you scanned your system for viruses ?
Don't desperate, there are ways to recover funds if you do proper open-intelligence research.
For community sake, hopefully you get your funds back!
Cikyazi

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:15:52 AM

So sorry for the topic starter... Sad

But why, why would you store ALL of your savings in BTC? It's cool and promising, I know; but also very new and volatile. Why?
markis_online

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:26:01 AM

Firstly, I'm sorry for your loss. That's a lot of money.

This story scares me quite a bit actually because I could see that happening to me one day; I know I'm not smart enough to avoid similar situations myself.

I'll do my best but the only advice I can give myself would be not to rush, take my time to do research and due diligence first, then test small amounts before I commit a large amount.

Someone I know on the forum creates 'sandboxes' for bitcoin transactions. I though that was a bit extreme but it makes complete sense when I hear stories like this.

It makes me feel sick to my stomach to hear your story. I'm so sorry Sad
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:31:58 AM

Cautionary Tale: I messed up. Big time. Please don’t pile on harder as I’m already sick to my stomach.

NEVER EXPOSE YOUR BTC KEYS/Seed to an forked wallet.

Two days ago, I attempted to split my BTC Diamond and BTC Private. I could not get it.

At some point, I exposed my Ledger Nano with my BTC on it, to each of their Electrum Wallets.

Last night, my wallet was emptied of ALL my BTC, 13+ coins.

Here is the transaction.

Transaction Identifier: d96a7dcd9775456e36938ed2cb84e9d0cac46fad14b8c95008ed77d08f9f8de6

Went to: 3LsvHPBGuEVLZZDUiUuNdNi33T7zmTBC7o

Here’s a signed message so you know I HAD controller of the wallet.
I’m not scamming, just utterly sick to my stomach for losing 13+ BTC.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
@TheShillBilly Twitter

I've lost all my coins. Please help ANYONE. If you stole them
Please return them! Please Please Please!  RT to help...

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1QFFas4xGSy1p1Kj2ghyD6BJhVDmwWmyKb
H744TwI8rhqMHinDQdTtYiw3JGie9oC/p6XaUcPz25pzUcEoK0cakF0p1mBPZehnJk1PP8JgtEgte2OvDZXAr3g=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

It appears that I have now lost my entire life savings. I’m not begging for a handout but rather attempting to warn anyone new to the space. I’m sick to my stomach with the loss and my only hope is to gain the attention of the culprit.

If you have any space in your heart, please return the BTC. I’d accept a fraction of what was stolen. Please don’t completely bankrupt me.
Aw, this is really damaging. The hard work you put in were all wasted and gone. Thanks for sharing your experience to us so that we will be more careful about the things we have in this industry most especially to the keys. I feel sad reading your story because if I were in your place I think I lost most of my life. But sir, please don't give up in life, you can always double your work. You can do that sir, just believe and everything will be fine again.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:18:27 AM

To the OP, I am really sorry for your loss, but thank you for sharing your experience as I think it's goo to share the good, the bad, the ugly so that less experienced people can learn. I feel like what happened to you is something that could have happened to me as I tend to do things in a rush (though, to be honest crypto ha helped me become more detail oriented a now I double - and even triple - check everything).
vycl87

Activity: 1204
Merit: 630

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:46:17 AM

I'm very sorry for your name. It's an incredibly bad thing. 13 Bitcoin is a lot of money. Whatever it is, it's a money you have to give up. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who prefer to steal money. Easy money makes these people crazy. I guess they do not even think about what people are buying the money for. We must always be careful not to stay in this situation. It is very important to keep passwords and private keys in crypto coins. Whatever it is, it is the information that should not be shared with anyone.I'm very sorry for your name. It's an incredibly bad thing. 13 Bitcoin is a lot of money. Whatever it is, it's a money you have to give up. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who prefer to steal money. Easy money makes these people crazy. I guess they do not even think about what people are buying the money for. We must always be careful not to stay in this situation. It is very important to keep passwords and private keys in crypto coins. Whatever it is, it is the information that should not be shared with anyone.
TheShillBilly (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:06:18 AM

Thank you all for your concern! I mean it! I really think I practice good OPSec up until this lapse of judgement. I ‘just had to see if it would work’ when I plugged my BTC filled Ledger into the Electrum wallets. I had spent the previous day using all my previous seeds, where I thought the BTCP/BTCD was located, to no avail. Now I’m up shit creek without a paddle. I pray those in control of my BTC now see my pleas for help and find it in their heart to send it back. Lessons learned include spreading out my BTC in multiple seeds, move my BTC before attempting to split a fork, and never plug a Ledger into a forked wallet with my BTC seeded in it. I’m open to other forms of OPSec criticism as I’m sure I could improve elsewhere.

I got into Bitcoin last year to rid myself of the Fiat Debt based slavery system. I suspect that’s why a lot of you are here. I’ve put off marriage and kids for the past ten years to do the responsible thing, work hard, and save.. Bitcoin came along and made a lot of sense for self sovereign control of my future. So I liquidated my retirement paying big penalties last year. All in BTC. Risky yes and I thought I had the risks handled. Obviously not. I need to improve.

It it utterly terrifying to be so beyond out of control of my destiny right now. A complete 180 from my headspace over the past year. At this point there’s got to be one person in this world that can help me. I am at their mercy. Please, I’m begging from my knees.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 06:22:37 AM

The money is gone either way, calm down, have some alcohol or try to get some sleep. The sooner you get over it the better for your health.
Alcohol - the true solution to just about everything.  Lose 13 BTC - go get drunk.  That solves everything.

I’ve put off marriage and kids for the past ten years

WOW!!!  You lost far, far more than $120,000.  Ten years with no wife and to forgo having kids.  Holy shit did you act recklessly when you plugged your stupid Ledger into a thief's system.  What the fuck were you thinking?  

This is why "Ledger" is completely fucking stupid.  It is so easy to misuse and lose everything.  Don't put your god-damned keys into anything.  Write the fucking transaction off-line yourself.  

Maybe it is better you didn't have kids - don't think they'd be so bright considering the genetics thing.

im feeling so sad to hear your lost i hope you learn from your mistakes 13 bitcoins is a huge lost next time extreme care
Next time?!  It was his life savings.  The only next time, is going to be in his next life!

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:25:58 AM

omg, i feel sad for things that happened to you. from this i got lesson, never put too much coins on 1 wallet.
it will be best if we can own few wallets to store our coins.
sri11

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:43:24 AM

nothing I can help may be just a word of sympathy for you because you lost bitcoin, 13Btc so much you save why not you sell when the price goes up, it's a fatal mistake because you have too much

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
haydort

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:50:32 AM

Everyone should be very careful even with single little mistake one can loose whole investment.
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:35:29 AM

I really feel for you on this huge loss. I just hope you can get a fraction back so that you can quickly get back on track again. People have been warned severally to be careful how they handle private keys. Some hackers even use fake airdrop as a disguise to get your private keys. Please don't hold too much in one wallet. Split your coins into like 3 wallets in order not to loose all at once.
btcwish1

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:47:50 AM

Extremely sad to hear what happened with you. Angry

But can you or some one else please explain how exactly this happened??  Because from your post it is my understanding you were using two of the most secured wallets out there 'ledger nano' and 'electrum'

In ledger nano it asks you to confirm in your hardware if you want to send the transaction.  In  electrum there is 2FA which you will need to enter before sending anything.

So how exactly did this happen?  Even if you plug your ledger nano to any other wallet, how exactly the seed go taken out?? 

Please explain so no one do the same mistakes again.
harbs23

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:56:51 AM

Don't lose hope Bro! now for those who  scammer that stole your 13 btc Shocked Just pray for them!
Be patient bro ! hold on ! that's life
loismanny88

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:58:29 AM

I am so sorry for your loss bro..I am sitting here reading through the thread with chills all over my body. I can only imagine how you feel  Sad That's why I split all my btc between 5 trezors.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:03:33 AM

I feel for your lost 13btc just like that, but we are all told that your power to you wallet security idiyour private key once you break that security you are losing your assets to who ever have access to those keys. Your private keys are your freedom once you lose it you are done.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: