Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:52:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SBC] From Death Comes Life – The Rebirth of StableCoin - URGENT UPDATE  (Read 198633 times)
gnode

Activity: 492
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:33:03 PM

Nice amount of activity in the forums today  Grin
If only artos had this much activity
SBC down to $0.046.

The silence over progress with mixing service and future plans for the coin is driving the early investors away.  I's almost as though artos is sand-bagging everyone.  Is he buying up all those cheap coins and then when he gets a ton, suddenly announce the mixing service?

I am not the only one, but I have been one of the most constant voices advocating COMMUNICATIONS.  A product is dead without good PR, advertising and communication.  This has begun to look like a running practical joke.  Artos drops by and dribbles a weekly mention of something and all of his fans cheer and gush.  Then he disappears again leaving people still waiting and still in the dark.

It's one of the most astonishing performances I have ever seen.

Well, I'll hold my (virtually worthless month's mining activity in) SBC's just in case something ever does manifest itself

Really bizarre.

This pretty much echoes my feelings 100%

Wow. No patience whatsoever. Spoiler alert!!! In the real world, things take time and real work!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R-T-B

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:14:52 PM

Nice amount of activity in the forums today  Grin
SBC down to $0.046.

The silence over progress with mixing service and future plans for the coin is driving the early investors away.  I's almost as though artos is sand-bagging everyone.  Is he buying up all those cheap coins and then when he gets a ton, suddenly announce the mixing service?

I am not the only one, but I have been one of the most constant voices advocating COMMUNICATIONS.  A product is dead without good PR, advertising and communication.  This has begun to look like a running practical joke.  Artos drops by and dribbles a weekly mention of something and all of his fans cheer and gush.  Then he disappears again leaving people still waiting and still in the dark.

Well, I'll hold my (virtually worthless month's mining activity in) SBC's just in case something ever does manifest itself

Really bizarre.

Wow. No patience whatsoever. Spoiler alert!!! In the real world, things take time and real work!

I've been a promoter since day 1 dude.  ArtOS has the right to dissapear without announcing things once, but two times is a bit odd and does shake my confidence slightly.  Don't pretend it's a positive thing:  It's not.

As a programmer myself I know for a fact one can get lost in the code while working hard.  That's not an excuse to stop all PR entirely, however, for anything over 3 days.  We're way beyond that.  It's been what, a week?  Two?  It's getting scarily similar to what happened before, and that killed this coin.

It's at the point now where I have seriously considered trying to hard fork his work, and implement this feature myself.  I AM capable, and at least I'd talk to the community.  That said, it feels somewhat...  asshole-ish to fork someones coin by force.
Ximp

Activity: 336

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:30:24 PM

Ewwww... A hard fork. I'm not sure if we're to that point yet. I would wait a week or two more before really talking about starting anything as to avoid unnecessary conflict.
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:06:48 AM

SBC down to $0.046.

The silence over progress with mixing service and future plans for the coin is driving the early investors away.  I's almost as though artos is sand-bagging everyone.  Is he buying up all those cheap coins and then when he gets a ton, suddenly announce the mixing service?

I am not the only one, but I have been one of the most constant voices advocating COMMUNICATIONS.  A product is dead without good PR, advertising and communication.  This has begun to look like a running practical joke.  Artos drops by and dribbles a weekly mention of something and all of his fans cheer and gush.  Then he disappears again leaving people still waiting and still in the dark.

Really bizarre.

I've been a promoter since day 1 dude.  ArtOS has the right to dissapear without announcing things once, but two times is a bit odd and does shake my confidence slightly.  Don't pretend it's a positive thing:  It's not.

As a programmer myself I know for a fact one can get lost in the code while working hard.  That's not an excuse to stop all PR entirely, however, for anything over 3 days.  We're way beyond that.  It's been what, a week?  Two?  It's getting scarily similar to what happened before, and that killed this coin.

It's at the point now where I have seriously considered trying to hard fork his work, and implement this feature myself.  I AM capable, and at least I'd talk to the community.  That said, it feels somewhat...  asshole-ish to fork someones coin by force.

Yeah that would kill the coin for sure, now we see your motives.
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:21:48 AM

SBC down to $0.046.

Really bizarre.

It's at the point now where I have seriously considered trying to hard fork his work, and implement this feature myself.  I AM capable, and at least I'd talk to the community.  That said, it feels somewhat...  asshole-ish to fork someones coin by force.

A battle over ownership might kill the coin, but where's it headed now?  What he's talking about is a rescue attempt.  This coin has great potential, but if it's most salient feature, anonymity is offered by another coin with equal security before SBC publicly announces an up and working mixing service, then it's value is diminished and it might even die.

I don't believe we're there yet, but time is ticking.

Public perception, public perception, public perception.  I can't say that enough.  This coin made a false start once before, so it's rebirth was pretty shaky to begin with.
Chris180Z

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:29:13 AM

Why do you guys need Artos around anyway? Do none of you know how to market things? lol, this coin is destined to fail then if you all pin your hopes on a single person. Imagine if eveyone said well the original dev for bitcoin disappeared therefore bitcoin is dead.
zavtra

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:25:49 AM

It's at the point now where I have seriously considered trying to hard fork his work, and implement this feature myself.  I AM capable, and at least I'd talk to the community.  That said, it feels somewhat...  asshole-ish to fork someones coin by force.

Okay...well, that cat is now out of the bag. I was actually pondering proposing exactly this over the past few days.

However, I feared that the proposal alone would send the coin plummeting. Maybe it won't. Competing dev teams for the same coin is actually something that may drive its success. It shows that a real community truly wants it to succeed. And if we're going to start talking about it, we may as well start working it on the side. We need a contingency plan at this point, as, - previously stated - we cannot rest on one single person.

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:54:10 AM

I share the concerns of zavtra, Catswold, R-T-B, and others about where this coin is going, if it's going. I feel like we're being held hostage. And I wouldn't bail out if there were a hard fork in order to resume development. My concern, however, is that no one knows how to develop the mixing service that is crucial to the identity and uniqueness of this coin. If it were relatively easy, it would have been done already. Isn't the value of this coin basically Artos's mixing service, after all?

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
R-T-B

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:28:57 AM

Ewwww... A hard fork. I'm not sure if we're to that point yet. I would wait a week or two more before really talking about starting anything as to avoid unnecessary conflict.

Agreed.  I'm starting work in the backdrop, but there is no way I would release it before giving the original dev fair chance and warning.

Oh really?  Seriously, quit spreading FUD about my intentions.  Why would I mine this and have trade history in it, only to kill it?  Please do tell.

Heck, I am throwing 6 MHash at the network as we speak...  I really can't help but wonder where people come up with this crap...
Ximp

Activity: 336

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:31:14 AM

Why do you guys need Artos around anyway? Do none of you know how to market things? lol, this coin is destined to fail then if you all pin your hopes on a single person. Imagine if eveyone said well the original dev for bitcoin disappeared therefore bitcoin is dead.

We don't need Artos for the marketing, but the lack of a concrete timetable for development is impeding our ability to market anything. As of now, the coin has no distinct features when compared to any other alt-coin. Once a mixing service is released, we can then begin to tell others in good faith.

I really think we should wait at least a week or two more to hear from Artos before any further talk about forking the coin. It's imperative to keep the community as a cohesive unit at this early point in the game.
R-T-B

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:33:38 AM

I really think we should wait at least a week or two more to hear from Artos before any further talk about forking the coin.

I want to clarifiy for everyone and ArtOS:

There is absolutely no way in hell I'd release anything until at least a month more.  I couldn't, even if I wanted to.  It's a hard to implement feature.  Just because I'm working on it does not mean it's a danger to this coin, I WANT ArtOS to beat me to the punch.  It's just a backup plan, and I'll give him plenty of fair warning first.

I just don't want this coin to die.

Isn't the value of this coin basically Artos's mixing service, after all?

It's ability to bounce back quickly from multipools is impressive as well, but yeah.
ibejammin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:43:55 AM

Why not a autopool that mines most profitable coin then converts it to SBC?

That feature along with the mixing service could be a recipe for success
zavtra

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:12:44 AM

Why not a autopool that mines most profitable coin then converts it to SBC?

That feature along with the mixing service could be a recipe for success

I was actually suggesting something similar to this a long time back in other forums, but it wasn't done. This would drive up the value of the coin tremendously.

Any takers for the idea, guys?

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
coinscommander

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:04:36 AM

Hi all,

I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster. I've been following this exciting coin since the relaunch and am one of the new mods (coinn00b) revamping the subreddit.

I'd just like to say a few things Artos, I hope you read this:

We all appreciate the hard work you've put into this coin - the development, the infrastructure, the promotion, etc, but we also know it can be too much for one person. Stablecoin has a large community behind it, our subreddit now has more subscribers than /r/Digitalcoin and /r/Anoncoin. We as a community are able to take on the responsibility of promotion and marketing. We just really need that Mixing Service (or at the very least updates about its progression) - without this unique feature SBC doesn't stand out from a sea of clonecoins and is difficult to market.

Originally you didn't give us a hard timeline and understandably reasoned it just needed to be out before Coin-Validation becomes a reality. However, with the Zerocoin news, and a team of devs working on a mixing service for Anoncoin, we now have a race on our hands to become the first coin to offer anonymous transactions. If we don't do it first, SBC will most likely have no future.

My proposal is that you open signups to assemble a dev team. There are several members of this forum who are trustworthy and have been supportive since the beginning who may be able to assist. You have shown you are a great programmer, but when both our competitors have teams while you work solo they have the advantage at implementing features faster. Not only that, as others have said currently you are the Single Point Of Failure (SPOF) - not only does that put a lot of pressure on you, it also makes some in the community nervous when you don't communicate regularly and people's imaginations can run wild.

Just think, with a small dev team, you'd be able to implement the Mixing Service faster and likely well before Anon/Zerocoin, and then you'd be able to work earlier on more projects setting SBC apart from the rest like Zavtra's PoP suggestion: http://forums.stablecoin.net/index.php?topic=237.0
Not only that, by removing the SPOF, as well as the dev team sharing the responsibility of regularly updating the community, faith in the coin will be strong for the long term.

Please give this proposal serious thought Artos. The future of this coin depends on your actions in the next few days/weeks.
coinscommander

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:21:30 AM

Also, Artos, could you please update the original post with the 1.5 clients, as well as add links to the CoinedUp and Coins-E SBC/BTC markets in the exchanges section of the website:

CoinedUp: https://coinedup.com/OrderBook?market=SBC&base=BTC
Coins-E: https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/SBC_BTC/
mamucik666

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:41:09 AM

Hi all,

I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster. I've been following this exciting coin since the relaunch and am one of the new mods (coinn00b) revamping the subreddit.

I'd just like to say a few things Artos, I hope you read this:

We all appreciate the hard work you've put into this coin - the development, the infrastructure, the promotion, etc, but we also know it can be too much for one person. Stablecoin has a large community behind it, our subreddit now has more subscribers than /r/Digitalcoin and /r/Anoncoin. We as a community are able to take on the responsibility of promotion and marketing. We just really need that Mixing Service (or at the very least updates about its progression) - without this unique feature SBC doesn't stand out from a sea of clonecoins and is difficult to market.

Originally you didn't give us a hard timeline and understandably reasoned it just needed to be out before Coin-Validation becomes a reality. However, with the Zerocoin news, and a team of devs working on a mixing service for Anoncoin, we now have a race on our hands to become the first coin to offer anonymous transactions. If we don't do it first, SBC will most likely have no future.

My proposal is that you open signups to assemble a dev team. There are several members of this forum who are trustworthy and have been supportive since the beginning who may be able to assist. You have shown you are a great programmer, but when both our competitors have teams while you work solo they have the advantage at implementing features faster. Not only that, as others have said currently you are the Single Point Of Failure (SPOF) - not only does that put a lot of pressure on you, it also makes some in the community nervous when you don't communicate regularly and people's imaginations can run wild.

Just think, with a small dev team, you'd be able to implement the Mixing Service faster and likely well before Anon/Zerocoin, and then you'd be able to work earlier on more projects setting SBC apart from the rest like Zavtra's PoP suggestion: http://forums.stablecoin.net/index.php?topic=237.0
Not only that, by removing the SPOF, as well as the dev team sharing the responsibility of regularly updating the community, faith in the coin will be strong for the long term.

Please give this proposal serious thought Artos. The future of this coin depends on your actions in the next few days/weeks.
+1
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:50:47 AM

Best way to reach Artos, message him here. He'll see it as soon as he comes online.

thimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

thimo the dev

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:05:46 PM

Best way to reach Artos, message him here. He'll see it as soon as he comes online.
and will not respond

i can rent this1
R-T-B

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:51:13 PM

and will not respond

He's repetatedly ignored my messages, despite offering to join the dev team in a purely PR and pull-request related way.
turtoro

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:05:27 PM

and will not respond

He's repetatedly ignored my messages, despite offering to join the dev team in a purely PR and pull-request related way.

Its an interesting strategy Artos has adopted. Unorthodox to say the least. The nuclear option you posted prior is always an option, although we are still some time away from that. I hope he knows what he is doing but another week without any communication will cause the community to re evaluate the situation. I sincerely hope it doesn't get to that stage.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: