Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:26:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2577 times)
Escan0r

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:47:13 PM

Simply you may have to install 2FA Authenticator on your mobile phone because it will be very useful to prevent hackers. And if you think less secure too, maybe verification email every time you want to transact it very helpful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beurk

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:55:44 PM

I go full paper wallet. Stored safely at home AND in a vault at the bank AND somewhere safe else. Printed best quality on both paper and ink (laser)

Hey dude, that's my post, why did you copy/paste it so easily, try at least to rephrase it Wink

I go full paper wallet. Stored safely at home AND in a vault at the bank AND somewhere safe else. Printed best quality on both paper and ink (laser).
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:10:50 PM

Any of the cold storage option for Bitcoin will be a safe, since it keeps your keys away from the internet. It's now left for you to hold them securely and never lose them.
CoinsAreMyLife

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:18:56 PM

I have my BTC on a Trezor wallet. I think a hardware wallet is the best and most secure way to go atm.

Paper wallets are also good, but too much of a hassle for me. A hardwallet is an easy solution and you can bring it along very easliy when you go on a journey for example.
Eigig

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:23:54 PM

There are stopped various great approaches to store your Bitcoins however one thing that you should stress on is the security of your coins,this ought to dependably be given need at constantly. we as a whole have inclinations with regards to the decision of wallet we utilize. some will agree to electronic MEW as a result of the fast exchange speed and productivity, Bu for appropriate security, I'd make due with Hardware wallets which are not as inclined to hacking as Web base wallets.
I am preferable with this electronics MEW, because I trusted already this MEW, if it is very safe then we opted to use this for safety of our coins in our wallet.
Sanjeewa101

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 09:38:06 PM

Store in a wallet, With own private key
Do not use exchange wallets to store a large amount of bitcoins, Because It will be hacked any time and then It is going to danger
putriliesma

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:40:31 PM

Never tell anyone about access to the wallet. Because that is the very thing you should be aware of, even if your closest friend or your family, never tell anyone.
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:05:34 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
i think the best way to safe bitcoin without scared is to have a ledger, with ledger all your cryptocurrency are save because in ledger the password will be phrase in our own word which will take extra miles before some else can again access. 
maloibtc

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:29:14 PM

Jaxx, Exodus, Coinomi - one of the most running uncontrolled wallets. This kind of wallets does not require either registration via email or verification, so you will retain your anonymity. However, it entrusts you with full responsibility for access to your money, because if you lose the phrase to the wallet and the payment password, then no one will not help you.
Vasilije69

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:52:35 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick

I would recommend you Trezor hardware wallet. It's really easy to use and it has great security system.(12-24 personal words long recovery seed). Also, if your wallet gets stolen, you may access it online and transfer your coins on safe place, so thief stays empty-handed Cheesy
Trezor supports large ammount of coins and tokens (515) and some coins are yet to be supported.
Best thing is that Trezor is pretty cheap, you can order regular model for less than $100.

You can find more information here: https://trezor.io/
cryptokitty

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:57:02 PM

I believe that bitcoin is surely safe with your wallet as long as your password and keys are safe in your hands.  Do not let anyone know much about it. It is safe when you keep it safe.
ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:04:03 PM

Dont give your private keys to others
Buy your own ledger wallet because this is your personal storage of all cryptocurrency.
Dont go to any phising sites and make sure that the spelling is correct.
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:11:56 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick
There are bitcoin wallets, both that comes in software and hardware variations which provides their own advantages and disadvantages. Trezor and Exodus are very cheap wallets that doesn't need registration or verification so anonymity is never an issue. But your investments are pretty much gone forever if you forgot your credentials.
We have different wallets that we cant use. And the best way to store our bitcoin was put it there. What we need to do to become our bitcoin safe was never forget our private keys or anything that was connected to our wallet so that we can easily recover it. The safety of our bitcoin was depends on us on how careful we are on things like this.

abonti

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:29:17 AM

I  think you can keep Bitcoin safe by downloading the best wallet. And can you use your accounting password.
bebebs12

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:31:10 AM

well i think Best way to store your bitcoins safely is the trezor hardware wallet. These are offline wallets and can only be accessed when you have attached the USB stick and along with it know your pass phrase and keys. This really is the safest way to store bitcoin so far in a way that they just can't be hacked into. Now on number two comes a simple private key wallet one like the electrum and You need to download the site code on the computer, disconnect from the Internet, then select the desired currency and generate in the program the public and private keys, which then need to be printed on paper. The public key, for getting money, can be freely handed out to all the right and left.
skibikipapa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:34:32 AM

well i think Best way to store your bitcoins safely is the trezor hardware wallet. These are offline wallets and can only be accessed when you have attached the USB stick and along with it know your pass phrase and keys. This really is the safest way to store bitcoin so far in a way that they just can't be hacked into. Now on number two comes a simple private key wallet one like the electrum and You need to download the site code on the computer, disconnect from the Internet, then select the desired currency and generate in the program the public and private keys, which then need to be printed on paper. The public key, for getting money, can be freely handed out to all the right and left.
Yes hardware wallets are indeed the safest wallet out there. But I still believe that no matter how secured your wallet is if you are not careful about it you will still get hacked. Always practice safety and always be cautious with all your wallets to avoid getting hacked.
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:10:19 AM

Well in order to store your bitcoin safely you need to search some infortion about the most trusted wallet in your country but make sure that this wallet is applicable to bitcoin or simply you can store your btc in this wallet. In addition, you also use the way of inquiring some people that you know and asking them about the wallet that they've used, as simply as that.

chainguru12

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:34:37 AM

i think paper wallet is the best way of storing our bitcoin.... to me i would like to share my bitcoin in multiple wallets incase any issues that came with or other so that i can't loose at a time.
mware

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:55:16 AM

why do not you use wallet hardware?. Hardware wallets are very secure, and so far, we haven't read any reports of hardware wallets getting hacked. You're storing your crypto offline, but if you need to make a transaction, say, you want to transfer a few coins to your online wallet, you can do so quickly just by plugging it into your computer.
OscarWatson3213

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:59:14 AM

They are different way to store bitcoin and is safe with an adequate guide towards it. Have multiple copies of it and store it on multiple locations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: