Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:16:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain launches the Z9 Equihash miner  (Read 37167 times)
swiftapp

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:26:18 AM

zcash is a shitcoin if it doesnt fork
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:34:38 AM

zcash is a shitcoin if it doesnt fork

The should but they won't , the other equihash coins will , zcash is premined and devs get 20% of every block so they don't give a shit where the hash comes from
NetfetMiningCompany

Activity: 315
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:42:01 AM

I havent seen any coins announce they are forking. Its pretty stupid to hate a company that saved me a ton of money. I would buy 20 1070s to mine, (I have), why would I not buy one these instead. Less power, space, heat, cost, and various other pluses. People have warehouses full of GPUs. The hate for what Bitmain does, is ridiculous when GPUs are literally doing the same thing. Except they are using more power in some cases. If you think GPU miners arent causing the same issues, then you are naive. GPUs also cost more money per hash, and is also taking away a lot from th gaming industry causing huge disruption and price hikes. If any of you built a computer that mined better then anyone else, ALL of you would use it.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:26:23 AM

I havent seen any coins announce they are forking. Its pretty stupid to hate a company that saved me a ton of money. I would buy 20 1070s to mine, (I have), why would I not buy one these instead. Less power, space, heat, cost, and various other pluses. People have warehouses full of GPUs. The hate for what Bitmain does, is ridiculous when GPUs are literally doing the same thing. Except they are using more power in some cases. If you think GPU miners arent causing the same issues, then you are naive. GPUs also cost more money per hash, and is also taking away a lot from th gaming industry causing huge disruption and price hikes. If any of you built a computer that mined better then anyone else, ALL of you would use it.

your sound like a bitmain shill, gaming ? really games dont need this many gpus, they need 2 or 4 max theres plenty in the supply chain for gamers.

you basically prove my point , the compaines that make gpus AMD and Nividia are not in direct competition with gpu miners , they supply a good you can USE to mine or game or do vr , fold at home whatever, they are Agnostic.

on the orher hand bitmain sells USED fucking gear that has already made them millions to you the midless shill at near end of life profablity, u think u are doing good making 1000 a month when you recive your heater in june ?

wrong they ran that same heater, at least the chips on it till the repacked it for u geniuses at close to 10k a month at 10k sols since december or naybe even this time last year 😂😂🤦🏿‍♂️😂

thata the problem with bitmain they sell equipment AFTER they have milked the bulk of the profablity out of it ,
basically doublw dipping.

So many more things i could go into but its a waste of my time

fuck bitmain and thier shills
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:30:13 AM

I figured there had to hidden ASIC's on zcash,  when Zcash hit sub 150 dollars 2 months ago the Network Hash rate did not
really go down much.   Figures its Shitmain doing there thing.   Just remember buyers If Shitmain is releasing theses miners
they have way better ones on there own farms. Cool

If these guys don't fork i'm dumping all the zcash I have mined.

Z9+
Didi CC

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:31:42 AM

My guess is they were on the network from around november 2017.
xuanmichael

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:37:21 AM

but bitmain will focus power. Although bitmain says it sells a miner for one user, but no one is sure the bitmain does not install the back door into the miner he sells.
btc2017btc2017

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:30:01 AM

Just grabbed a few! I'm loving the low power requirements.
A few? or 1 per person?
NetfetMiningCompany

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:32:46 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 12:03:37 PM by NetfetMiningCompany

your sound like a bitmain shill, gaming ? really games dont need this many gpus, they need 2 or 4 max theres plenty in the supply chain for gamers.

you basically prove my point , the compaines that make gpus AMD and Nividia are not in direct competition with gpu miners , they supply a good you can USE to mine or game or do vr , fold at home whatever, they are Agnostic.

on the orher hand bitmain sells USED fucking gear that has already made them millions to you the midless shill at near end of life profablity, u think u are doing good making 1000 a month when you recive your heater in june ?

wrong they ran that same heater, at least the chips on it till the repacked it for u geniuses at close to 10k a month at 10k sols since december or naybe even this time last year 😂😂🤦🏿‍♂️😂

thata the problem with bitmain they sell equipment AFTER they have milked the bulk of the profablity out of it ,
basically doublw dipping.

So many more things i could go into but its a waste of my time

fuck bitmain and thier shills

You're an idiot. You have no clue what you are talking about. This is a big money vs little money issue. People with more money will win. Always. GPU, ASIC, or otherwise. There is nothing that you can say that will disprove that. You are trying to tell me that 10k/sol in asic and 10k sol in GPU is somehow different? Because I have that. Quite frankly im glad i didnt have to buy another freakin 18+ GPUs to get the same hashrate.  Which proves how stupid your argument is. I can literally have an asic and a GPU rig with the same hash rate, in the same room, and one makes me a bitmain pushing shill? Stupid.  Think before you talk. People who want 10k sols will get 10k sols. ASICs are destroying the PoW and GPUs are destroying PC stock for other applications. Miners are buying ALL of them. SO what the hell is the difference....You cant pick and choose whats right and wrong. They are both literally doing the same thing in different venues. You just sound like a bandwagon hater that has no idea what they are trying to even hate on. You seriously think ALL GPU manufactures arent doing the EXACT same thing running warehouses of GPUs. You are so naive its laughable. Wanna know how i know you are full of crap? Bitmain isnt the only ASIC manufacturer and its the only one you bring up. Move on hater. You go ahead and bleed power mining the same coin with whatever you manage to scrape up to get that high a hashrate. Spend all that money, waste all that time building it, waste even more power and resources on your city, pay more in utilities, blah blah. This is a win win for anyone who targets a high hashrate as well as the city they live in in terms of power usage. Or buy 20 1070s. Which is stupid....Only an idiot would not see this as a plus. Hell, this might even solve the GPU shortage that Nvidia writes about. To the point where they said "sell with discretion, gamers are priority" They literally had to press release that to outlets. So you are wrong on so many levels its ridiculous. 

Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:43:03 AM

Well I ordered one, paid on time with LTC and it says order expired now.

Lets see how this plays out..

Same thing .. paid with LTC withing 1h frame and now order shows still unpaid and expired. Blockchain link shows they received payment

I had the same issue this morning paying with BTC. I emailed support but naturally they were not open yet. I checked again about five hours later and my order shows that it is paid and all good. I suspect when the price of the coin you are paying in rises they let it go through, if it drops then they probably ask for more to cover the spread. I mean, I would if I were them.

Mine now shows as paid, I guess they are manually clearing orders when their automated system doesn't catch the payment
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:44:14 AM

"Limit one per customer"

How are you guys buying multiples?

I suspect they are creating multiple accounts and buying one on each or they are just trolling.

Antminer Z9 mini, hence the mini part. Will there be a full Z9 version? As the power consumption is only 300W for the mini version. What if there is a full Z9 version? Can Z9 mini uses other power supply as it only consume 300W.

I suspect their will be a "big" version simply because of the amount of power to play with on these right now
NetfetMiningCompany

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:47:52 AM

Well I ordered one, paid on time with LTC and it says order expired now.

Lets see how this plays out..

Same thing .. paid with LTC withing 1h frame and now order shows still unpaid and expired. Blockchain link shows they received payment

I had the same issue this morning paying with BTC. I emailed support but naturally they were not open yet. I checked again about five hours later and my order shows that it is paid and all good. I suspect when the price of the coin you are paying in rises they let it go through, if it drops then they probably ask for more to cover the spread. I mean, I would if I were them.

Mine now shows as paid, I guess they are manually clearing orders when their automated system doesn't catch the payment

I can verify mine was delayed and still went through.

Manu84

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:42:05 AM

Antminer Z9 mini, hence the mini part. Will there be a full Z9 version? As the power consumption is only 300W for the mini version. What if there is a full Z9 version? Can Z9 mini uses other power supply as it only consume 300W.

I suspect their will be a "big" version simply because of the amount of power to play with on these right now

yes, unfortunately this always happens when there is a profitable algo..

i think the mini is just a test for the market.

lets see if some other manufacturer shows up..
cvsea

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:04:16 AM

It doesn't really matter if the equihash coins fork or not.
In the long run we are all fucked. By all I mean small to medium mining operation owners.
As long as there is serious money in the game do you really think that the powers that be will let us regular folk have our share?
This leaves me wondering what in the hell are we trying to accomplish with crypto currencies anyway.
"Decentralized" is just another nice sounding word, same as democracy. It's a dream, an illusion.

One thing is clear: zcash was launched with an ASIC resistant ideology. Now zcash says it didn't mean that.
What changed? MONEY

The rest is just noise.
moonstruck

Activity: 125
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:18:56 AM

In the long run we are all fucked. By all I mean small to medium mining operation owners.
As long as there is serious money in the game do you really think that the powers that be will let us regular folk have our share?
This leaves me wondering what in the hell are we trying to accomplish with crypto currencies anyway.
"Decentralized" is just another nice sounding word, same as democracy. It's a dream, an illusion.

One thing is clear: zcash was launched with an ASIC resistant ideology. Now zcash says it didn't mean that.
What changed? MONEY

The rest is just noise.

Sad but true.
It appears we ended up with 1 company mostly controlling the hardware for mining most minable relevant coins.
Besides that it mines a huge portion of the coins that are minable with their own hardware.

It appears the centuries old saying is just as true today: "When there's a gold rush, sell picks and shovels".
NetfetMiningCompany

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:50:12 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 12:04:23 PM by NetfetMiningCompany

What changed? MONEY

The rest is just noise.

Sad but true.
It appears we ended up with 1 company mostly controlling the hardware for mining most minable relevant coins.
Besides that it mines a huge portion of the coins that are minable with their own hardware.

It appears the centuries old saying is just as true today: "When there's a gold rush, sell picks and shovels".

And buy faster diggers. Same reason mining operations (crypto to gemstone) buy high end gear, and make up profits by more accumulation/distribution.

rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1361

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 12:00:49 PM

What changed? MONEY

The rest is just noise.

Yes, but there are trolls everywhere saying Asics are good to mining and cryptos

Small, medium miners will lose
Programmers will lose (claymore and others)
average joe will lose
gamers will lose ( yes, gamers are mining to )

Bitmain will profit
Big Farms will profit

Period

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
NetfetMiningCompany

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:09:40 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 12:23:45 PM by NetfetMiningCompany

What changed? MONEY

The rest is just noise.

Yes, but there are trolls everywhere saying Asics are good to mining and cryptos

Small, medium miners will lose
Programmers will lose (claymore and others)
average joe will lose
gamers will lose ( yes, gamers are mining to )

Bitmain will profit
Big Farms will profit

Period

ASIC is better for PoW. Its more efficient, focused, and can be less taxing power wise with certain algos. I cant honestly say these will have the same effect as say their SHA-256 BTC line. They are needed in bulk, they push almost 1300w per unit and are a drain on resources. These machines dont do that, they are being sold in limit, and they are just flat out more efficient and a better buy then building gpu rigs. What we real;ly need, is more manufacturers. More companies will drive price down and the average joe can buy them. Thats the only thing stopping it. Nothing is wrong with ASIC technology. Its a product of evolution. I mean hating a computer sounds really stupid if you think about it. Its just a microchip. Whats wrong is a 1 company owning the majority share, that company no being regulated as such, and them being able to set up shop before anywhere else. People cry about regulation, but thats what regulation helps protect. Double edged sword. Thats the issue. I cant see how you can set two rigs side by side (asic and gpu) and say one is ruining the blockchain, while one isnt. Also, those Claymore guys can cry me a river lol. They deserve to get paid, but what they are getting paid is miles ahead of the work they put in. They are pulling in serious cash. Its a gross over payment of services.

MSV

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:16:36 PM

Is anyone else stuck on Bitmain order page? Cannot add New Address. Country list is blank/ no data so cannot select or anything thus form won't submit without a required field.
NetfetMiningCompany

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:18:27 PM

Is anyone else stuck on Bitmain order page? Cannot add New Address. Country list is blank/ no data so cannot select or anything thus form won't submit without a required field.

only time ive seen greyed out stuff is when they sell out. do they still have inventory?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: