Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:06:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain launches the Z9 Equihash miner  (Read 37166 times)
roc-noc

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:03:53 PM

If you reboot, you loose your change...

Not when you save the changes to  /www/pages/cgi-bin/minerAdvanced.cgi on the Z9 mini.

I believe what Django69 meant was that the changes are lost when the z9 mini is powered off, not reboot.  The OS is running on non-persistent storage and any changes to the file system are lost when powered off.  The config (ie. /config) on the other hand is kept on persistent storage and any changes here are retained.  

When powered off, you lose your customized web page but your OC setting will still be set to what it was before the miner lost its power.  

Then you and Django69 would be wrong.

I gave a solution that saves the changes to persistent storage (probably flash memory). It survives reboots, it survives power failures.

I have updated 10 z9 minis that all came with the "balance" code.  Now they all have the freq drop down selector.  I have rebooted them and I lost power on two by accident yesterday.  Guess what?  They still have the freq drop down.

I suggest you try this before giving out incorrect information. Smiley

FWIW  With this new batch I start out the OC at 681 and drop back as needed until they run reliably.  My slowest miner runs reliably at 662.
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:48:53 PM

it's still profitable to buy Z9 or A9 ?
i have almost free electricity (0.02-0.03$ per kwh)
is it possible to achieve Payback under 4 month?
any advice?
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:36:16 PM

any advice?

Returns have halved every ~2-3 weeks. equihash is quickly heading towards  "don't mine it", in my opinion.

Z9s still haven't shipped also.

-j

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:42:00 PM

any advice?

Returns have halved every ~2-3 weeks. equihash is quickly heading towards  "don't mine it", in my opinion.

-j

With one mini not drawing much power.  No more than a PC.  I'm just letting it run.

minefarmbuy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 03:03:46 PM

any advice?

I would look at ROI as triple what you see to be conservative. Only other large factor could be a bull run and if you buy you're set and geared for it, in place of scrambling to acquire hardware at higher costs. There's a lot to weigh, I wouldn't purchase unless the capital you're using isn't going to hurt if ROI isn't achieved in a time you're comfortable with.

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
efudd

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:04:45 AM

Not looking good for equihash going forward. Huge surge (up to 23million difficulty) today taking the profitability down to $7/unit/day OC'd to 16.5kSol/sec.

And the Z9 large's haven't even shipped yet.
And there is another batch of mini's on the way.

Yeah, bitmain is going to run this one in to the ground, fast.

:/

-j

mfurman

Activity: 173
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:55:58 AM

any advice?

Returns have halved every ~2-3 weeks. equihash is quickly heading towards  "don't mine it", in my opinion.

-j

I do not think that they halved every 2-3 weeks. I started mining on one Z9 mini around June 27 and was getting ~ 0.15 ZEC/day. Now, I am getting ~0.085 ZEC/day (I am only running at 675 MHz). In other words, it did not even halved for me yet (after 2.5 months).

Look at the difficulty chart

https://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/zcash-difficulty-chart

I do not see any of the dramatic drops, you are talking about. You understand that we earn less in $ because Crypto dropped a lot. What are you mining now with your GPUs? Perhaps not ETH (LOL)
wsopft

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:07:40 AM

any advice?

with that cheap electricity you buy
8 Antminer S9j-14.5TH/s
for the price 1  z9
much better deal....in 1 month time z9 not make $20 a day
and s9j  make more than that
fccs

Activity: 355
Merit: 47

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:10:51 AM

Such a joke, people who ordered z9's are waiting for shipment which last day is 10th, then next batch already begins on 11th which is bullshit.  And difficulty keeps rising ridiculously.  They can't even ship the shit and they want orders for future batches LOL
efudd

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:12:46 AM

any advice?

Returns have halved every ~2-3 weeks. equihash is quickly heading towards  "don't mine it", in my opinion.

-j

I do not think that they halved every 2-3 weeks. I started mining on one Z9 mini around June 27 and was getting ~ 0.15 ZEC/day. Now, I am getting ~0.085 ZEC/day (I am only running at 675 MHz). In other words, it did not even halved for me yet (after 2.5 months).

I do not see any of the dramatic drops, you are talking about. You understand that we earn less in $ because Crypto dropped a lot. What are you mining now with your GPUs? Perhaps not ETH (LOL)

I should clarify -- some of the loss is indeed in the conversion to USDT -- my accounting is done that way daily due to (annoying) US IRS regulations.

In pure ZEC, I've gone from an average of 1.6-1.9 ZEC/day (7/17/2018) to an estimate of 0.9 today (09/8/2018).
So yeah, not halving every 2-3 weeks, but a marked drop and a continuing downward slope.

I have 12 Z9 minis running currently (~192-194kSol/s pool side) and have 3 Z9s on the way (in theory, if bitmain every ships). I don't regret the 12 Z9 minis, but I'm unsure on the Z9 large units.

You referenced the difficulty chart, which as of this moment shows a 28% 1 day difficulty change, and a 58% 30 day difficulty change. While I realize there is a lot of fluctuation in the rates in a given moment, model out 60% month over month and see how fast your returns disappear. Bitmain is going to keep shipping these until people quit buying them and I expect that the units in flight over the next 30 days will at least add another 60% difficulty...

-j

mfurman

Activity: 173
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:27:34 AM

I should clarify -- some of the loss is indeed in the conversion to USDT -- my accounting is done that way daily due to (annoying) US IRS regulations.

In pure ZEC, I've gone from an average of 1.6-1.9 ZEC/day (7/17/2018) to an estimate of 0.9 today (09/8/2018).
So yeah, not halving every 2-3 weeks, but a marked drop and a continuing downward slope.

I have 12 Z9 minis running currently (~192-194kSol/s pool side) and have 3 Z9s on the way (in theory, if bitmain every ships). I don't regret the 12 Z9 minis, but I'm unsure on the Z9 large units.

You referenced the difficulty chart, which as of this moment shows a 28% 1 day difficulty change, and a 58% 30 day difficulty change. While I realize there is a lot of fluctuation in the rates in a given moment, model out 60% month over month and see how fast your returns disappear. Bitmain is going to keep shipping these until people quit buying them and I expect that the units in flight over the next 30 days will at least add another 60% difficulty...

-j

When I look at my GPU gains, I still think that it was a very good decision to get Z9 mini ASICs. I have only four :-)
Please remember that Zcash difficulty is adjusted according to hashing power and there is nothing like Bitcoin's dramatic difficulty change. Also a lot of GPU systems were mining ZEC and now they are out.
ezeiza

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:26:33 PM

Such a joke, people who ordered z9's are waiting for shipment which last day is 10th, then next batch already begins on 11th which is bullshit.  And difficulty keeps rising ridiculously.  They can't even ship the shit and they want orders for future batches LOL

I spoke on the 7th with Bitmain, asking for the status of the Z9 order and they told me is still in manufacturing: hahahah, idiots
fccs

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:33:54 PM

I spoke on the 7th with Bitmain, asking for the status of the Z9 order and they told me is still in manufacturing: hahahah, idiots

Yea my ass, more like mining with it until profits are so low they can dump them.  I'm so glad I don't buy btc miners from them, utter shit company to deal with.  Pieces of shit...  Watch we won't get our z9's until like end of month at this rate, and they'll be late, and ship the 2nd and 3rd batchers all together so we all get fucked at once instead of gradually.
efudd

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:41:25 AM

Such a joke, people who ordered z9's are waiting for shipment which last day is 10th, then next batch already begins on 11th which is bullshit.  And difficulty keeps rising ridiculously.  They can't even ship the shit and they want orders for future batches LOL

Yea my ass, more like mining with it until profits are so low they can dump them.  I'm so glad I don't buy btc miners from them, utter shit company to deal with.  Pieces of shit...  Watch we won't get our z9's until like end of month at this rate, and they'll be late, and ship the 2nd and 3rd batchers all together so we all get fucked at once instead of gradually.

Bitmain support chat just told me (10:39AM Beijing time on the 10th) that there is a delay in the shipment of the Z9s and that the production eam is still "Rushing and testing" and they will "try our best to ship out as soon as possible".

Sigh.

-j

polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:38:43 AM

Such a joke, people who ordered z9's are waiting for shipment which last day is 10th, then next batch already begins on 11th which is bullshit.  And difficulty keeps rising ridiculously.  They can't even ship the shit and they want orders for future batches LOL

Yea my ass, more like mining with it until profits are so low they can dump them.  I'm so glad I don't buy btc miners from them, utter shit company to deal with.  Pieces of shit...  Watch we won't get our z9's until like end of month at this rate, and they'll be late, and ship the 2nd and 3rd batchers all together so we all get fucked at once instead of gradually.

Bitmain support chat just told me (10:39AM Beijing time on the 10th) that there is a delay in the shipment of the Z9s and that the production eam is still "Rushing and testing" and they will "try our best to ship out as soon as possible".

Sigh.

-j

Hope they throw some worthwhile coupons for the wait. 
fccs

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:03:30 AM

Sigh.

-j

Hope they throw some worthwhile coupons for the wait. 

Yea, you'll get a $100 coupon for your next $4000 purchase.  lol.  Won't fucking matter cause every day difficulty is spiking more and more.
_cryptopreneur_

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:29:10 AM

any advice?

-j

-j

Just wondering what makes you think difficulty level will spike 60% per month going forward when historically it's only been going up by 20% per month and most recently less than 30% per month as per CoinWarz ZEC difficulty chart: https://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/zcash-difficulty-chart

Considering both the Z9 Mini and the A9 Zmaster have been out for months, do you really think the addition of the Z9 will crank the velocity of difficulty level growth to twice what it is currently ie 30%pm -> 60%pm?

I'm looking into purchasing the Innosilicon A9 Zmaster since they have recently lowered its pricing in response to the release of Bitmain's Z9 but I'm a bit concerned the difficulty level might blow up uncontrollably once the Z9 floods the market. I have access to pretty cheap electricity (5-6c USD/kwh) but still, at 60% difficulty increase the ROI will quickly turn to shit!

Any advice/tips would be most appreciated!
efudd

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:02:47 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 12:28:54 PM by efudd

..snip..
Just wondering what makes you think difficulty level will spike 60% per month going forward when historically it's only been going up by 20% per month and most recently less than 30% per month as per CoinWarz ZEC difficulty chart: https://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/zcash-difficulty-chart

Considering both the Z9 Mini and the A9 Zmaster have been out for months, do you really think the addition of the Z9 will crank the velocity of difficulty level growth to twice what it is currently ie 30%pm -> 60%pm?

I'm looking into purchasing the Innosilicon A9 Zmaster since they have recently lowered its pricing in response to the release of Bitmain's Z9 but I'm a bit concerned the difficulty level might blow up uncontrollably once the Z9 floods the market. I have access to pretty cheap electricity (5-6c USD/kwh) but still, at 60% difficulty increase the ROI will quickly turn to shit!

I can't predict the future, just at the moment I looked at the chart when i posted that, the 30 day calculation was +60%. I did say it varied.
Z9s haven't hit and the impact of the last round of minis has definitely been felt.

make your own decisions re: mining

imine2

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:19:05 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 11:10:28 PM by imine2

any advice?

-j

-j

I can't predict the future, just at the moment I looked at the chart when i posted that, the 30 day calculation was +60%. I did say it varied.
Z9s haven't hit and the impact of the last round of minis has definitely been felt.

make your own decisions re: mining

You can adjust miningspeed on this link day by day and se if this helps understand miningspeed vs mined ZEC.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/zec?HashingPower=193785&HashingUnit=H%2Fs&PowerConsumption=2500&CostPerkWh=0.11&MiningPoolFee=1

I have set hashingpower to equal right about one(1) Zcash per day/week/month/year per today.

If difficulty increases you will have to increase hashingpower or you can look at Mined per day/week/month/year decrease and calculate what percentage profit decreases per day/week/... at given hashinhpower. Then just calculate your your hashingpower in percent of 193785 H/s and calculate your own or whatever you want to calculate.

Don't forget that mining should not be done to 'get rich quick'. I think you need to mine/buy/trade and Hoodl "cryptos" and this should be done longterm.

One should not "place all eggs in one basket". If you don't go for "Gold" like Bitcoin. Will probably be like Gold backing all other succesfull cryptos. (My personal guess.) But will only be safe like gold. Will probably go to the moon in Fiat money value but we will not understand Bitcoins true value until we get Bitcoin in Trayounce of gold/silver/...

When Bitcoin or cryptos at large goes to the moon in Fiat money value that can also happen because Fiat money looses it's value because hyperinflation and/or Fiat money debt is transfered into cryptos.

I guess that in the future using Bitcoin will be like moving Gold to settle big deals.
I can absolutley be wrong and if something happens in the future that gives me good reason to reconsider my belives I will surly do soo.

I would recommend listening too Bitcoin Ben, Roadtoroota, Greg Hunter, maneco64, Reluctant Preppers, x22report, x22report spotlight, SGTreport, The Money GPS, Dustin Nemos2, prayingmedic, Seething Frog, Amazing Polly, Stefan Molyneux, Jordan Petersen, Michael Trimm, ITM Trading, Saledaddy1, Simon Harris, Rebel Media, jsnip4, AMTV, Sarah Westall, Clig High, corbettreport, Judicial Watch, RonPaulLibertyReport, Project Camelot, Dr. Steve Turley, Erin T Scott, Bill Whittle, The Rubin Report, ... on youtube.

All of these youtubechannels will give you more than enough information. You will feel informed Smiley

Hope this helps!

Donations:
Bitcoin (BTC): 1HY5ZvPvx3fx5iA5cQKjw9ZuArse2STuCb
Litecoin (LTC): LZPmxZdoe8ZNL8av5CkPPBEEBJVdoFQbS6
Zcash (ZEC): t1d35jvkzKcWybpCqojZmgDZkcFC7iBwe8w
Monero (XMR): 48gVGMbZsAD5xtbpEpBKTJiDz6uMrnkTxjMcJGGFtore7i7wckSqmvYKfPVGQGab6U9kK76nGa91fhL SDvPfK4bYKkJaXeW
zhzz

Activity: 151
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:55:36 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 02:35:02 PM by zhzz

my Z9 minis arrived today.

1.:
nicehash gives me 77% efficience.

2.:
all other zcash  / zen pools are giving me rejected shares. only zhash gives me 0 rejected but A LOT of discarded shares. (I can see similar in other youtube channels as well)

If I change the hashrate this problem is not changing.

What's wrong?
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: