Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:21:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto VS national currency  (Read 2957 times)
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:47:24 AM

I found this expression on the news channel about the crypto currency: "Anyone who will try  to buy coffee for cash in 2023, runs the risk of causing laughter from the seller, that he does not use crypto currency."
how do you think, is it realistic? Can a crypto currency replace national  money?
I think that it's possible, but it will take more time.

Yes it is possible, remember some countries now have their own coins. Countries can create their own coins and declare it as their national currency. They can make it decentralized and also make their coin backuped by their FIAT.
Dark_raven007

Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 12:20:00 PM

No. It's impossible. Thousands of people do not own a computer at all. Generations should change. 20-30 years is not less. Take our parents, I'm not talking about grandmothers and grandfathers.
ad_playing

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:26:56 PM

I found this expression on the news channel about the crypto currency: "Anyone who will try  to buy coffee for cash in 2023, runs the risk of causing laughter from the seller, that he does not use crypto currency."
how do you think, is it realistic? Can a crypto currency replace national  money?

Yes it is possible, remember some countries now have their own coins. Countries can create their own coins and declare it as their national currency. They can make it decentralized and also make their coin backuped by their FIAT.

I think it is impossible to replace national currency with crypto currency, what you presented most probably to add alternative tools from their national currency to be exist in crypto space. Perhaps it is similar to USDT which represent USD in crypto space, the value is almost same just different in crypto space as virtual type and national currency as actual type.

⧱▬▬▬ ● UCHIT - The Hub of Communication & Collaboration ● ▬▬▬⧱ ⧱▬▬ https://uchit.info/ ▬▬⧱ ⧱▬▬ https://t.me/uchit_coin ▬▬⧱
Raggie

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:30:44 PM

yeah it will take time to reach that level. if crypto used by all peoples in the world, it must be stable on price.
otherwise, your money value will changes often and cause you loss, the others profit.
yasong

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:12:22 PM

使用国家加密货币,将降低交易成本,提高人民银行货币政策的有效性。
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:17:30 PM

yeah it will take time to reach that level. if crypto used by all peoples in the world, it must be stable on price.
otherwise, your money value will changes often and cause you loss, the others profit.
So far now we are still at the early stage of having a conclusion about this, I may want this to happen in the future if my government does not want to then I'll just follow the rules that my country would choose about this.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:19:51 PM

Certainly not in 2023. Some shops will take cryptocurrencies, Starbucks is one of the first to accept bitcoin. But cryptocurrencies are not yet so far that they can be used as a currency. There are too many issues to have cryptocurrencies accepted as payment.

Dr.Nina

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:28:26 PM

Many people all over the world do not use internet. To replace the national currency or local currency by crypto currency Internet use is must. Beside this many people are not even introduced with BTC or crypto. we have miles to go to replace Local or National currency by the crypto.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:31:14 PM

It would be great if by 2023 became extremely popular. Bitcoin could be universal cryptocurrency accepted in the most of shops all around the world. National currencies will be replaced with cryptocurrencies possibly issued by governments who would like to keep their control of money. Crypto is much better, faster and more secure than national currencies. The only problem is adoption and government regulation which are important for merchants.

othab1

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:43:58 PM

Too optimistic forecast. For 5 years, not everyone will be able to switch to everyday use of crypto currency. For the implementation of crypto-currencies, state support is needed
jerjer

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Money Token

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:47:23 PM

I think, yes it can replace national currency but depends on the government of the country if they will approve using crypto currency or blockchain as payment. There are some progressive countries already adopting and accepting crypto as payment like japan. Also there are poor countries like some countries in africa using crypto currencies as payment in their daily transactions because of the conflict problem , resulted their fiat currency has no value. So its not impossible.

Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:51:39 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2018, 05:49:08 PM by Epimetheus

Crypto currency is a virtual money on the other side natioalnal currency is a government and bank control fiat money. Bank and governments can't control cryptocurrency but virtual digital money easily controlled by the bank and governments.

Crypto currency are virtual currency which can only use by digitally. Where as national currency can use by both digitally and physically. National currency are accept in every country of the world but cryptocurrency are accept in limited number of country due to this reason national currency easily converted in to any other national currency . In the case of banking Bitcoin provide better facility to its user then that of a national currency. I order to access  Bitcoin you must need Internet and electricity but these two thing not present everywhere in this situation national currency is better.  Wink
normensky012

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:55:30 PM

I believe cash and crypto can both coexist in some point of time but sooner or later the entire society will probably be replaced by a cryptocurrency where the most central bank will be implementing this system to their national currency. I have read this article that South Korea central bank might be using cryptocurrency as digital cash. Of course, it's probably not bitcoin but digital currency where their central banks has control over it.
Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:00:31 PM

No, cryptocurrency can't replace national currency. Cryptocurrency is an alternate for payment and investment. So many people that don't know about technology blockchain, it will be a target for everyone who wants to steal money from the others, many crime will happen.
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:03:31 PM

I don't think cryptocurrency can ever replace national currency since it is obviously a currency used for each countries around the world. Sure cryptocurrency is convenient and profitable but it is different when you compare it with national currency because it is the primary medium of exchange of different countries. If a cryptocurrency becomes successful it can only be added or accepted as another payment method.

kojoannan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:39:16 PM

It is  not true that crypto will replace national currency even in when the whole world come to understand technology. crypto is just like gold, gold has existed since ages, but it has not replace national currencies as the main medium of exchange. Crypto for transaction whether now or in the future will be a choice not compulsory.

vanessbtf39

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:03:25 PM

I do not think that the cryptocurrency can replace the national currency of each country, unless it is legalized
boboking

Merit: 19

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:44:50 AM

freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:32:55 AM

call me old fashioned but i don't get the idea of buying cup of coffee by bitcoin lolol! I don't wanna waste it
jchav010101

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:44:26 AM

Bank and governments can't control cryptocurrency but virtual digital money easily controlled by the bank and governments.Crypto currency is a virtual money on the other side natioalnal currency is a government and bank control fiat money.Payments system might be appeared using blockchain technology in the future but I don't think fiat which we are using now will be removed.Many people will use fiat specially for small things like a coffee.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: