Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:59:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - New PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.5 Released!  (Read 176973 times)
vonross2012

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:34:10 AM

Can this coin still be mined?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:12:21 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 04:00:06 PM by almightyruler

Looks like it. I just synced and mined a few blocks. Difficulty is low enough that you could CPU mine right now.

edit: on second thoughts, things may not be quite so easy. My mined blocks were accepted, then orphaned some minutes later by a large correction.
coinschaer

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:58:40 PM

you can mine it, but only solo at this time
hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 05:24:21 PM

I am really happy that bee7 will take over the coin. He's the best person for it.

I left in March where I did everything I could and there was basically no activities in this thread and the coin, and I could not find a good marketing people for the coin. Also I was very busy at my own work.

As I stated before, in my possession there is still 100 mil GRAs from premine, and I am willing to hand it over to the next good marketing people who will commit to work and promote the coin. Since bee7 is taking over, I'll leave at his discretion to who this person will be. I always think Grain is a great coin, with many of its leading features.

I will no longer be actively involved in the coin, as my daily work load is not allowing me too much spare time on this. But I'll watch the coin, and in case if needed I can always help on the technical side to make the coin better.

I will discuss with bee7 on the website, github repo etc handoff and other things as needed.

Go graincoin! You are the best! Smiley

I need an elastic cryptocoin (see http://cryptonomics.org/2014/01/15/the-marginal-cost-of-cryptocurrency/ ) that I can sell grain with (okay, technical food-grade non-gmo soybeans), for fall delivery. Would the grain community be interested in me working with Bee7 to implement the code changes required to link the total 'grain' in circulation to the total world commodity grain production? (see http://petrodollar.org/ for a different kind of example)

This would, in some ways, make grain a commodity index, and then give me a cryptocoin that I can work with for selling soybeans grown in the US to China without paying corruption fees to all the high-frequency traders, hedge-fund managers, and corrupt government officials (which are mostly in the US... look at the number of former Monsanto executives with high-level positions, and number of former USDA people with large salaries from Monsanto)
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:16:39 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 06:34:17 PM by bee7

I am really happy that bee7 will take over the coin. He's the best person for it.

I left in March where I did everything I could and there was basically no activities in this thread and the coin, and I could not find a good marketing people for the coin. Also I was very busy at my own work.

As I stated before, in my possession there is still 100 mil GRAs from premine, and I am willing to hand it over to the next good marketing people who will commit to work and promote the coin. Since bee7 is taking over, I'll leave at his discretion to who this person will be. I always think Grain is a great coin, with many of its leading features.

I will no longer be actively involved in the coin, as my daily work load is not allowing me too much spare time on this. But I'll watch the coin, and in case if needed I can always help on the technical side to make the coin better.

I will discuss with bee7 on the website, github repo etc handoff and other things as needed.

I need an elastic cryptocoin (see http://cryptonomics.org/2014/01/15/the-marginal-cost-of-cryptocurrency/ ) that I can sell grain with (okay, technical food-grade non-gmo soybeans), for fall delivery. Would the grain community be interested in me working with Bee7 to implement the code changes required to link the total 'grain' in circulation to the total world commodity grain production? (see http://petrodollar.org/ for a different kind of example)

This would, in some ways, make grain a commodity index, and then give me a cryptocoin that I can work with for selling soybeans grown in the US to China without paying corruption fees to all the high-frequency traders, hedge-fund managers, and corrupt government officials (which are mostly in the US... look at the number of former Monsanto executives with high-level positions, and number of former USDA people with large salaries from Monsanto)

I believe that only trade for goods or services creates value of money. I am open to discuss any possibilities to extend the GrainCoin applications in legal market. However, it is not completely clear now how you would like to implement the relation between total GrainCoins in circulation and the total world commodity grain production. Right now I have no time to look thoroughly the model of PetroDollar as I am behind of schedule in fixing the bugs and performance improvements. I was planning to finalize this work around the moment the network reaches block #630000 but I failed. Nevertheless, I am planning to schedule a protocol switch-over (a hard fork) on June 01, 00:00 AM GMT.

@Community:

Progress update:

The most of necessary fixes to the protocol are implemented and being tested. The startup time excluding the time required for synchronization with network reduced from minutes to a few seconds (on my testbed PC the time to load block index reduced from 8 minutes to 10 seconds). The issue with bad response time when the wallet performs stake minting is solved. The excessive orphans issue is solved as well. As I said above I am presently planing to schedule the hard fork at midnight on June 1, Greenwich time. Stay tuned.

CoinBounties

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:29:20 PM

GrainCoin is now on:
bee7

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:42:51 PM

Good, thank you. Please, update the contact details as bosian is not going to be active, at least in nearest future.

P.S. Please send me your GrainCoin address so I can make a donation to your site (you could wait with it until I release the updated version as it will be accompanied with the copy of the current block chain to speed up the fresh installations and updates)
bondi

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:20:34 PM

I believe that only trade for goods or services creates value of money. I am open to discuss any possibilities to extend the GrainCoin applications in legal market. However, it is not completely clear now how you would like to implement the relation between total GrainCoins in circulation and the total world commodity grain production. Right now I have no time to look thoroughly the model of PetroDollar as I am behind of schedule in fixing the bugs and performance improvements. I was planning to finalize this work around the moment the network reaches block #630000 but I failed. Nevertheless, I am planning to schedule a protocol switch-over (a hard fork) on June 01, 00:00 AM GMT.

@Community:

Progress update:

The most of necessary fixes to the protocol are implemented and being tested. The startup time excluding the time required for synchronization with network reduced from minutes to a few seconds (on my testbed PC the time to load block index reduced from 8 minutes to 10 seconds). The issue with bad response time when the wallet performs stake minting is solved. The excessive orphans issue is solved as well. As I said above I am presently planing to schedule the hard fork at midnight on June 1, Greenwich time. Stay tuned.

Really great news!
Thanks for your effort.
hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 10:49:06 PM

To use a cryptocoin to sell grain, I need a futures market. To have a viable futures market, the coin itself has to be able to react to changes in demand for the coins by changing the total supply of coins. There are several (proposed) ways of doing this. The biggest limitation I have seen so far is community and developer unwillingness to consider changing the coin supply dynamically based on coin demand.

What I would propose is when the average contract price for physical grain is too high (i.e., there are too many coins), that some kind of demurrage system, or destruction of transaction fees be implemented to remove coins from circulation.

When the average contract price for physical grain is too low (i.e., there are not enough coins), then increase the stake and mining block rewards, so everyone has more graincoin to bid up the price of physical grain contracts.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:46:05 AM

What I would propose is when the average contract price for physical grain is too high (i.e., there are too many coins), that some kind of demurrage system, or destruction of transaction fees be implemented to remove coins from circulation.

When the average contract price for physical grain is too low (i.e., there are not enough coins), then increase the stake and mining block rewards, so everyone has more graincoin to bid up the price of physical grain contracts.

This sounds interesting, but I'm wondering how it could be applied to a p2p decentralised network.

1. How would a "too high" and "too low" price be determined? Would the participants decide this (through voting as some coins do), or some central authority?

2. How would nodes be able to independently access market pricing in order to calculate the rewards for the next X blocks?
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:23:02 PM

Other than we are awaiting a fully patched and updated client... why will my QT never connect anymore? Added all the addnodes listed... never syncs... not even on a new clean startup no chain or wallet or peer.dat.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
bee7

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:57:57 PM

Other than we are awaiting a fully patched and updated client... why will my QT never connect anymore? Added all the addnodes listed... never syncs... not even on a new clean startup no chain or wallet or peer.dat.

Try these, please:
Code:
addnode=24.107.155.164
addnode=192.168.8.131
addnode=89.110.148.247
addnode=76.95.184.181
addnode=54.196.227.51
addnode=2.248.164.206
addnode=89.101.12.95
addnode=173.48.184.25
daemonfox

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:18:15 AM

Try these, please:
Code:
addnode=24.107.155.164
addnode=192.168.8.131
addnode=89.110.148.247
addnode=76.95.184.181
addnode=54.196.227.51
addnode=2.248.164.206
addnode=89.101.12.95
addnode=173.48.184.25

Syncing so TYVM!

Now... you need to detail the POS specs in the OP... did not find one mention of percentage or timing in the OP nor the other forum other than the website stating 5% annual interest.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:01:25 PM

My wallet lags really bad trying to get it to sync. As in not responding, then might load up a block and pause again. Been trying for 36 hours to get it to fully sync and not doing so well... about 1K blocks behind. Could it be due to the age of the coins in wallet? I have not spent one grain on anything so they are from the start of the coin.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
bee7

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:17:35 PM

My wallet lags really bad trying to get it to sync. As in not responding, then might load up a block and pause again. Been trying for 36 hours to get it to fully sync and not doing so well... about 1K blocks behind. Could it be due to the age of the coins in wallet? I have not spent one grain on anything so they are from the start of the coin.

Yes, it could be. To disable the PoS minting you could use '-reservebalance=<xxx>' switch. Set <xxx> to the amount that is bigger than your total. When the wallet get in sync - restart it without this option.
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:29:19 PM

Yes, it could be. To disable the PoS minting you could use '-reservebalance=<xxx>' switch. Set <xxx> to the amount that is bigger than your total. When the wallet get in sync - restart it without this option.

Okay now your speaking something I have not done ever with a wallet. Does that go into the console? If so that might be a problem too unless I delete everything from the appdata folder again and re download the block chain due to the wallet freezing all the time....as in not responding

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
bee7

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:42:17 PM

Okay now your speaking something I have not done ever with a wallet. Does that go into the console? If so that might be a problem too unless I delete everything from the appdata folder again and re download the block chain due to the wallet freezing all the time....as in not responding

Do not delete the already loaded data if you are behind 1000 blocks.

Yes, you could do this from console, but then in a bit different format:

Code:
reservebalance true 100000

Replace 100000 with appropriate value. As it freezes it is simpler to close the wallet and start it with '-reservebalance=' option. To do this issue the following command at windows command prompt or in the 'search' box that is at bottom of the main windows menu (I don't remember how it is titled):

Code:
"<path-to-grain-qt.exe>\grain-qt.exe" -reservebalance=100000

please note the quotes in the sample above.

When it get in sync, then issue the following in the console window:

Code:
reservebalance false

daemonfox

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:42:57 PM

He means from a command prompt from the folder your QT is in.

Open a command prompt... change directory to where your grain-qt.exe is... then launch it with this command...

grain-qt.exe -reservebalance=999999999

that should launch the wallet and tell it NOT to stake anything less than 999999999 GRA. Once synced... close and then launch as usual.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:11:25 PM

Open a command prompt... change directory to where your grain-qt.exe is... then launch it with this command...

that should launch the wallet and tell it NOT to stake anything less than 999999999 GRA. Once synced... close and then launch as usual.

Fricken awesome! That worked like a charm.

Okay so I would just start the wallet back up again once its done syncing? Plus how does the PoS work? Is this something that the wallet needs to run 24/7 in order to get?

bee7

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:33:33 PM

Fricken awesome! That worked like a charm.

Okay so I would just start the wallet back up again once its done syncing? Plus how does the PoS work? Is this something that the wallet needs to run 24/7 in order to get?

No, go to the console window and issue 'reservebalance false' command as it done synchronizing Wink

Is this something that the wallet needs to run 24/7 in order to get?

Preferably yes, but not really. It depends on how much separate inputs you have. I will describe how the PoS is functioning in the next post
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: