Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:50:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [EMC] EMERCOIN — Blockchain Service Platform. PoS&PoW | BTC merge-mined  (Read 393644 times)
Fixx (OP)

Activity: 535
Merit: 501

EMC

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 06:58:48 AM

Good news!

We are considering the possibility of merged mining with Bitcoins!

Would merge mining affect Emercoin's Proof-Of-Stake (POS) system?

No!
We will be first cryptocurrency with the PoS / Pow & Name & merged Smiley

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinsocieties

Activity: 728

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 07:06:53 AM

Good news!

The main bonus of this improvement are seen as follows:

1) The economic benefits for the miners. Our algorithm SHA-256, so the same as that of Bitcoin. Now, to get Emercoin, it is necessary to divert extra power, which would not be superfluous for BTC production. The process can be combined and produce two coins at the same time.

2) The stability of the network.

3) Increase the difficulty will provide increased trust.

4) Increase the number of users.

How can I calculate the merged mining influenced difficulty once merged mining is active?

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                    

Powered by,
Fixx (OP)

Activity: 535

EMC

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 07:19:23 AM

How can I calculate the merged mining influenced difficulty once merged mining is active?

You can calculate the approximate.
It depends on how many pools turns into work.
Considering the incredible power of Bitcoin network, difficulty growth will be very significant. It may be 500 or more times.

pablocality

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

i.imgur.com/RK7GDbw.jpg

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 06:38:47 AM

Good news!

Would merge mining affect Emercoin's Proof-Of-Stake (POS) system?

No!
We will be first cryptocurrency with the PoS / Pow & Name & merged Smiley

Hello,
Could you possibly explain this?  Or if there is a link to where it has already been explained?

Thanks
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:31:14 AM

EMC still holds and will not throw until the price reaches 0002
be_alert

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 06:58:48 AM

EMC price is dropping week by week  Sad Sad Sad
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:49:31 AM

EMC price is dropping week by week  Sad Sad Sad

what do you expect, bitcoin has a bullrun, people selling alts to buy bitcoin
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 03:48:27 AM

I wasn't paying attention when it happened, but looks like someone brought a whole load of hashing power to the pool. Drove difficulty up to about double what it was  Shocked
polemarhos888

Activity: 499

To The Moon !

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 08:38:57 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2016, 08:58:06 AM by polemarhos888

Can someone explain us why the price collapse many weeks now...? Embarrassed
It looks like someone try to drop Emercoin...

polemarhos888

To The Moon !

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:08:53 PM

Someone from Emercoin team can explain us what was happen the last days (collapse 40% - 50% in one week) ?  Huh

bioly

Activity: 200

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:16:58 PM

Nobody is interested in emc, which is a pity, because I think it has some interesting features
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 07:19:36 PM

Nobody is interested in emc, which is a pity, because I think it has some interesting features

There are plenty of interested parties. They just don't constantly blow up the forums here  Wink
bioly

Activity: 200

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 09:03:16 PM

There are plenty of interested parties. They just don't constantly blow up the forums here  Wink

I hope so Smiley On the other side this coin need some good PR, but now wait for merge with btc mining
polemarhos888

To The Moon !

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 06:37:58 AM

Good morning from Greece. And the price goes down, and down and down...Congratulation Emercoin team...I ask them some days now, but  no explanation.

beaver6

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:31:59 AM

I want to know,my EMC value has shrinked by 75%. Angry Angry Angry Angry

polemarhos888

To The Moon !

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:43:49 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2016, 02:02:38 PM by polemarhos888

Good news!

The main bonus of this improvement are seen as follows:

1) The economic benefits for the miners. Our algorithm SHA-256, so the same as that of Bitcoin. Now, to get Emercoin, it is necessary to divert extra power, which would not be superfluous for BTC production. The process can be combined and produce two coins at the same time.

2) The stability of the network.

3) Increase the difficulty will provide increased trust.

4) Increase the number of users.

Yes, I see all these benefits my friend...40% - 50%  collapse (in satoshi) in one week !
I sold my last Emercoins. I will not deal again with it. Good luck for everyone which believes in this project.

KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 02:59:44 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2016, 03:10:45 PM by KarmaShark

In an attempt to quell rising frustrations from boiling over I am going to give a much needed update and some perspective. While I am no longer a part of the Emercoin team I feel it important given the current state of affairs. This will help set expectations so I will attempt to address the main concerns:

Team:

The dev group is very focused on internal matters and has little time to dedicate towards community-based endeavors. They are a hard working group from Russia and are extremely active in the Russian blockchain community, where Emercoin enjoys popularity. The technology the group has developed is ahead of its time in my opinion for a blockchain offering, requiring more promotion and adoption to showcase the strengths of their blockchain-based services. The group is growing in size every month so there is reason to be optimistic here provided there is some organization and professionalism displayed when engaging with the public.

Distribution:

There has been much concern expressed regarding the distribution of EMC. The currency was not pre-mined however a very large block subsidy (bonus) at the beginning allowed early adopters to gain dominating positions of EMC. Because Emercoin is not a formal company but a group of talented enthusiasts, funding must come from internal sources, opposed to the public. This reality is a growth constraint for many reasons so it makes logical sense the dev group will control a large amount of the existing EMC. This acts as an incentive for them to continually build Emercoin while simultaneously acting as a funding source for future projects.

Liquidity:

This comes back to the amount of entry / exit ramps for EMC, via the exchanges. A good percentage of this thread is dedicated to inquiring why Poloniex has not listed Emercoin yet after 2.5 years. The group has attempted on dozens of occasions with no luck,  including getting assistance from industry professionals. I cannot say if EMC will be listed on Poloniex however there are many other exchanges EMC can be listed on. Lastly, improving the liquidity situation should be a priority for the group, as it is not a guarantee a EMC holder will be able to convert to BTC in the current environment. This can be a very scary reality which keeps traders away and thus further hurts distribution and ultimately adoption.

Community:

Many people have requested feedback and active engagement within the industry from the dev group over the years. Because of the philosophy of the group to focus on work matters, the current level of engagement has been consistent from the start of the project. The cultural barriers presented including language have acerbated the situation to the point now where people have given up on Emercoin or they have resigned themselves to the current reality of the dev group.

Improving the visibility and image of Emercoin will help them grow within the industry. This is the single biggest area of improvement the group can focus on in the future. Taking some time to work with the people you expect to adopt your services and purchase your currency is vitally important:

- A presence at blockchain conferences so you can be known outside of the forums

- AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit to engage in the community so they can discover who you are

- Present a road map so the pubic has some level of transparency into your long term vision

- Give Emercoin an identity it can establish and be known for as a blockchain

- Hire a group of English speaking enthusiasts to promote Emercoin within the community

Technology:

By far the strongest aspect of the project, the technology Emercoin has is what has got them to where they are today. There is constant innovation taking place behind the scenes and I can tell you some of the projects slated for development are leading edge. To make these projects successful as possible post-development my suggestion is Emercoin take the time to establish a legal entity. Your competitors have found ways to do this and take in investment capital to grow.

Without this ability to keep pace the threat grows of being left behind. All of the technological advancements in the World will not make a difference should few companies and individuals chose to adopt them. This goes for the currency as well, so at some point more emphasis must be allocated to Emercoin's image given how good the technology already is.

Price:

Very little I can comment on here for those that are visibly upset. Emercoin has been in a free fall since the beginning of April, before the Bitcoin run-up. The Dev team is definitely not going to come to the forum here and assuage investors concerns about the price dropping. The market is very thin and thus easy to manipulate if one has a large amount of EMC, everything else is pure speculation. Buying at these prices means you believe in the project long term and its vision.  

I hope the dev team takes a serious look into some of the very real constraints hindering the project currently. I also trust the community will be patient and understand that a tremendous amount of good work has been accomplished by a relatively small group working outside of their culture and native skill set. Emecoin will need to decide soon if it is a project blockchain or a company blockchain. This is not 2012 any longer, the competition is very real and coming very fast in an open source environment. For the sake of Emercoin and the underlying currency (EMC), the decision better be made soon.

FreedomFund

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:10:48 PM

In an attempt to quell rising frustrations from boiling over I am going to give a much needed update and some perspective. While I am no longer a part of the Emercoin team I feel it important given the current state of affairs. This will help set expectations so I will attempt to address the main concerns:

Team:

The dev group is very focused on internal matters and has little time to dedicate towards community-based endeavors. They are a hard working group from Russia and are extremely active in the Russian blockchain community, where Emercoin enjoys popularity. The technology the group has developed is ahead of its time in my opinion for a blockchain offering, requiring more promotion and adoption to showcase the strengths of their blockchain-based services. The group is growing in size every month so there is reason to be optimistic here provided there is some organization and professionalism displayed when engaging with the public.

Distribution:

There has been much concern expressed regarding the distribution of EMC. The currency was not pre-mined however a very large block subsidy (bonus) at the beginning allowed early adopters to gain dominating positions of EMC. Because Emercoin is not a formal company but a group of talented enthusiasts, funding must come from internal sources, opposed to the public. This reality is a growth constraint for many reasons so it makes logical sense the dev group will control a large amount of the existing EMC. This acts as an incentive for them to continually build Emercoin while simultaneously acting as a funding source for future projects.

Liquidity:

This comes back to the amount of entry / exit ramps for EMC, via the exchanges. A good percentage of this thread is dedicated to inquiring why Poloniex has not listed Emercoin yet after 2.5 years. The group has attempted on dozens of occasions with no luck,  including getting assistance from industry professionals. I cannot say if EMC will be listed on Poloniex however there are many other exchanges EMC can be listed on. Lastly, improving the liquidity situation should be a priority for the group, as it is not a guarantee a EMC holder will be able to convert to BTC in the current environment. This can be a very scary reality which keeps traders away and thus further hurts distribution and ultimately adoption.

Community:

Many people have requested feedback and active engagement within the industry from the dev group over the years. Because of the philosophy of the group to focus on work matters, the current level of engagement has been consistent from the start of the project. The cultural barriers presented including language have acerbated the situation to the point now where people have given up on Emercoin or they have resigned themselves to the current reality of the dev group.

Improving the visibility and image of Emercoin will help them grow within the industry. This is the single biggest area of improvement the group can focus on in the future. Taking some time to work with the people you expect to adopt your services and purchase your currency is vitally important:

- A presence at blockchain conferences so you can be known outside of the forums

- AMA (ask me anything) on Reddit to engage in the community so they can discover who you are

- Present a road map so the pubic has some level of transparency into your long term vision

- Give Emercoin an identity it can establish and be known for as a blockchain

- Hire a group of English speaking enthusiasts to promote Emercoin within the community

Technology:

By far the strongest aspect of the project, the technology Emercoin has is what has got them to where they are today. There is constant innovation taking place behind the scenes and I can tell you some of the projects slated for development are leading edge. To make these projects successful as possible post-development my suggestion is Emercoin take the time to establish a legal entity. Your competitors have found ways to do this and take in investment capital to grow.

Without this ability to keep pace the threat grows of being left behind. All of the technological advancements in the World will not make a difference should few companies and individuals chose to adopt them. This goes for the currency as well, so at some point more emphasis must be allocated to Emercoin's image given how good the technology already is.

Price:

Very little I can comment on here for those that are visibly upset. Emercoin has been in a free fall start the beginning of April, before the Bitcoin run-up. The Dev team is definitely not going to come to the forum here and assuage investors concerns about the price dropping. The market is very thin and thus easy to manipulate if one has a large amount of EMC, everything else is pure speculation. Buying at these prices means you believe in the project long term and its vision. 

I hope the dev team takes a serious look into some of the very real constraints hindering the project currently. I also trust the community will be patient and understand that a tremendous amount of good work has been accomplished by a relatively small group working outside of their culture and native skill set. Emecoin will need to decide soon if it is a project blockchain or a company blockchain. This is not 2012 any longer, the competition is very real and coming very fast in an open source environment. For the sake of Emercoin and the underlying currency (EMC), the decision better be made soon.

Excellent analysis KarmaShark.  Emercoin Blockchain is vastly superior to most blockchains out there, yet it has not had the proper exposure it deserves. I hope the Core Team realizes the opportunity here and with the support of the community behind them, gets back on track. 

Blockchain TV - Telling the stories of global blockchain adoption
irritant

Activity: 473

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 03:30:27 AM

I want to know,my EMC value has shrinked by 75%. Angry Angry Angry Angry

now can someone explain the jump up with 270%?  Roll Eyes
soulgate
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 04:19:32 AM

I believed in EMC! Still holding some  Smiley

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓██████▒▒███████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓██████▓▓███████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income 
   🔥VirtacoinPLUS🔥 
| X 11    POW | POS 
  Mining. Staking. Rewards. 
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: