Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:28:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43405 times)
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:13:33 PM

7 kH on Monero is $11 *profit* per day or a ROI of 30 days. Why would you sell this? Use the bitmain strategy of mining first and selling later.
They need a lot of money to be able to build 5000 units and that's the whole idea for making them cheaper (I suppose). They're not an established company like Bitmain that has endless funds for R&D and a factory full of cheap workers to produce them, they need to have a lot of preorders in order to make this FPGA a reality.

If I had such a technology I would plug the first 5000 for myself. And I'm a rather nice guy.
You're a funny guy too  Cheesy
deskless

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:48:31 PM

How difficult it is to program the FPGA boards?
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:35:06 PM

They will teach us FPGA in college next year. It's very hard.
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:44:07 PM

So basicly you are crushing the ASICs numbers with a FPGA hash/watts,  i dont think so!

I would recommend people to be careful on this once and that low price is another red flag.
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:48:49 PM

I would not mind buying 5-10 if:

It is actually reviewed by a member
I can use escrow with a trusted member

If you have those 2 sign me up, shut up and take my money.

Escrow and trusted member, these are the main words.

Can you also show some videos?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:58:13 PM

What are you actually asking? How hard it is to load an existing program onto an FPGA, or how hard it is to write that program (ie - HDL) for an FPGA? The former can be easy or tedious, depending on whether you need to use the JTAG interface (tedious) or if there is a bootloader and EEPROM on board so that, e.g., USB or Ethernet can be used to load the new program. Implementing a cryptographic algorithm in HDL requires a couple orders of magnitude more work (and knowledge), it goes without saying.

kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:03:31 PM

Well lets hope this does not turn into another LTCGear.com SCAM
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:19:43 AM

Guys! It was an announcement only. Video and full information will be available within a few days.
Please do not send technical questions to the e-mail! Our sales managers can not answer. This is for sale only. I will answer here whenever possible.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 03:55:09 AM

Guys! It was an announcement only. Video and full information will be available within a few days.
Please do not send technical questions to the e-mail! Our sales managers can not answer. This is for sale only. I will answer here whenever possible.

I'll say this, without concrete trusted reviews:  you will see no major sales from most members....   Too many scams in the past Smiley

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:17:58 AM

One thing that seems strange is warranty stickers on a prototype board. What is the FPGA platform?

namelessaaa

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:33:27 AM

As other people said, there are lot of scam in the past, and keep happening.

Can you tell us more information about spec and Hardware interface?

Or no need any word, just a actual video, we will all believe you.
ZaebaloRegitsa4

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:14:29 PM

In my experiments I was able to get 3.8 k.hashes based on this. https://www.iacr.org/archive/ches2005/031.pdf
How did you get seven?
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:04:57 PM

--Can you show the FPGA working in a video?
Today the video was shot, we are preparing it for publication.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rTRZgAfdw-5JjhTXr3vf_wHCbyT5FVBT

--How can you limit units? If a user want to buy a lot of pieces...
There are no limits. I can sell all 5000 to you. But how do you organize the network? Each miner is like a PC in the network. This is a limitation. For a large number of miners, you must organize an expensive network environment.

--And the most important, how can we trust to buy and receive the board?
Now we are working on this.

--because for 347$ I don't know how you can pay the "group of developers"
This is the starting price. The next batch will be more expensive. And I repeat, I do not know the price now. we are waiting for a response from the factory.

--Zero chance of anyone buying this with just three pictures and no proof.
Do you see banking details anywhere? Sales have not yet begun.

--That Monero logo on board screams scam to me
we wanted to portray an apple, but it's already taken

--Can you provide more details about it like:
---Does it produce any noise?
No.

---Do you need to cool it with an external fan?
The temperature in the room does not exceed 65C. In a warm climate I would recommend installing an additional cooler.

---I see you can connect a monitor to it, is it running an OS and you have access to a terminal to change the coin you're mining?
RTOS is launched on an additional chip. This chip implements board monitoring and remote update. And it forms a VGA signal. Setting is done via the web interface, as usual. You must set the jumper to enter the setup mode.

---How do you power it?
From PC power supply. The PSU pin (with a delay for the newest PSUs) is installed to start the power supply.

---Does it support other variations of the CN algorithm like CN-Lite, CN Lite-V1?
No. At now it is tested with monero, graft, haven, sumo and loki. Other coins may not function, but we plan to release updates.

--If I had such a technology I would plug the first 5000 for myself.
Do not worry about our 5000. They're fine Smiley
But if you turn on the logic, this will lead to increased difficult. At the final the profitability will not change. Look at the electroneum.
Here we come to the conclusion it is more profitable to take part of the GPUs market instead to crash the crypto market.

--they need to have a lot of preorders in order to make this FPGA a reality.
Yep. It's not difficult to develop a board. It's difficult to produce. Now we are negotiating with this company.  https://www.pcbcart.com/assembly/overview.html
After the assembly all boards will be flashed and sent from the Hong-Kong.

--So basicly you are crushing the ASICs numbers with a FPGA hash/watts,  i dont think so!
X3 has a 2.5W/kh or 17.5W at 7 kh. Including cooling and power supply losses, it is big device. Consider, the dwarf also consumes 1-2 watts by the 5 volts wire. Consumption is changes dynamically.

--One thing that seems strange is warranty stickers on a prototype board.
This is a pre-production sample. We chose the best place for stickers. For example, on screws it is torn ...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rTRZgAfdw-5JjhTXr3vf_wHCbyT5FVBT

--How did you get seven?
pipelined (conveyor) core. Like the ARM. Computing units do not stand idle while the algorithm is moving.

---****----
2all:
I'll answer the questions from e-mail later.

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:23:12 PM

This is actually pretty awesome! Smiley I have for a long time mined Cryptonight coins with my GPU rig and this FPGA does indeed seem a thing to get! Summer is coming and heat is now an unnecessary thing to handle Cheesy

So you just need PSU, monitor and LAN cable to get this little beast going?

dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:24:33 PM

all these fpga developments are making me drool, hope they are all real :-D
vlad230

Merit: 279

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:52:09 PM

Thanks a lot for the clarification. This looks good but we would still need a more trustworthy way to buy it Smiley

Since it's using only 10W of power to run, have you though of powering it with a standard laptop charger? Most laptop chargers can provide about 65-90W of power @19.5V for it so you could hook up 6-9 FPGAs and you wouldn't need to worry about cooling for the PSU, noise or deal with other issues like increased storage space.

Although this depends entirely on what kind of voltage your FPGA is using.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:20:00 PM

We are a group of developers from different countries. After working over the last six months we are ready to present the result - an ecological "green" miner.
Usually, ASICs are designed for “industrial mining” and they are expensive. In addition, these devices threaten decentralization. Changing the mining algorithm involves the risk to not recoup investment.
GPU mining is more flexible but produces a lot of heat and noise. This accelerates global warming and increases the owner's costs. This forms a feud with gamers!  Grin

We have developed an intermediate product. This small device is able to replace one rig and produce 7 kh /  10 W on the v7 and 3.5 kh / 8W on the heavy.  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h_6uMPuAfIud_22hsuTlX7IHwLfanmIW
Dwarf supports decentralization because personal mining will now become profitable in the countries with high electricity prices. The device is of low cost and does not threaten large losses if the sudden change in the algorithm happens. This is available to anyone who does not want to pay thousands dollars for ASIC.

Dwarf can be updated. If the next fork will be similar to the previous one changing the firmware will allow the device to function further. This can be done remotely using a unique device encrypted key. We plan to sell updates for a small price.

Now we are negotiating with the factory to produce 5000 units. We expect about 300 euro for each and can tell exact price within 10 days. The sale will be launched soon.
If you have questions about a major purchase, please write to the official mailbox (this is a unique project mailbox!) DwarfMinerSales@gmail.com .

Why do we sell this? Because this board is not designed for industrial mining. It's not convenient way to use a thousand devices for one person. It is designed as an anti-ASIC for personal use in the living area.

What chip are you using?

dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:54:16 PM

if these are real i want 50 of em  Cool
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:53:24 PM

We are a group of developers from different countries. After working over the last six months we are ready to present the result - an ecological "green" miner.
Usually, ASICs are designed for “industrial mining” and they are expensive. In addition, these devices threaten decentralization. Changing the mining algorithm involves the risk to not recoup investment.
GPU mining is more flexible but produces a lot of heat and noise. This accelerates global warming and increases the owner's costs. This forms a feud with gamers!  Grin

We have developed an intermediate product. This small device is able to replace one rig and produce 7 kh /  10 W on the v7 and 3.5 kh / 8W on the heavy.  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h_6uMPuAfIud_22hsuTlX7IHwLfanmIW
Dwarf supports decentralization because personal mining will now become profitable in the countries with high electricity prices. The device is of low cost and does not threaten large losses if the sudden change in the algorithm happens. This is available to anyone who does not want to pay thousands dollars for ASIC.

Dwarf can be updated. If the next fork will be similar to the previous one changing the firmware will allow the device to function further. This can be done remotely using a unique device encrypted key. We plan to sell updates for a small price.

Now we are negotiating with the factory to produce 5000 units. We expect about 300 euro for each and can tell exact price within 10 days. The sale will be launched soon.
If you have questions about a major purchase, please write to the official mailbox (this is a unique project mailbox!) DwarfMinerSales@gmail.com .

Why do we sell this? Because this board is not designed for industrial mining. It's not convenient way to use a thousand devices for one person. It is designed as an anti-ASIC for personal use in the living area.

What chip are you using?

I second this. What chip, or even brand are you using?

To sell for this price in Xilinx brand, you’d be Artix with some external QDR maybe? Still the hashrate is... tricky at that power consumption. I’d buy a bunch of them if I knew what FPGA so I could program them myself...

I too have a 7W board in development/ initial prototypes along with the big one. I don’t think I could come anywhere close to even the AES for 7KH on that one. @200Mhz artix chips would be capable of that’s around 5-10 M/AES full passes a second, 10 pipelines maybe on chip by the time other logic needed.. That only supports even scratch pad fill/inner/compress of 1 kh.  So I would say again what chip?
yugyug

Merit: 256

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:21:00 PM

FPGA development for crypto mining was a trade secret to some miners, it is cost effective in terms of power consumption and heat generation vs GPU intensive crypto mining. Since the pre-asic bitcoin mining FPGA mining was already developed but ASIC-prone coins killed the FPGA but GPU mining killed by the FGA, so for any asic resistant crypto, FPGA suits best vs GPU but it took more brains to build and not for everybody unlike GPU that seems like a hobbyist miners.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: