Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:03:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][VAR] 🐬 Blue Frontiers (VARYON) - Sustainable floating islands 🐬  (Read 26068 times)
JeffTheMan

Activity: 247
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:19:51 PM

I notice that there is a huge amount of tokens in reserve from 45-72% of tokens.How will that be distributed, are you keeping those for the team?
Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:46:30 PM

Sustainable floating islands is an interesting idea but incorporating smart contract governing frameworks seems currently too ahead of its time.
Is there a roadmap for when construction on the first projects is estimated to be completed?
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:57:17 PM

I notice that there is a huge amount of tokens in reserve from 45-72% of tokens.How will that be distributed, are you keeping those for the team?

Yeah, that is really big amount to keep in reserve...are these tokens going to be locked for certain period after ICO ends to avoid any suspicions about manipulations.
Londondungeon

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:00:03 PM

I see that you have so much strategic partnerships lined up and even some from crypto world. Do you plan to have all services on island to be offered by crypto world?That would be really cool to go full crypto Cheesy
Japno4
Copper Member

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 02:46:45 AM

You must conduct a bounty campaign to promote. Cool
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:21:12 AM

The reserve is there for spending at certain milestones. If the ICO raises the maximum amount that should be enough for all of the engineering and prototyping to get at least the first seastead in the water. The reserves will be sold down the road to build more seasteads.

The thinking behind this is that so many of these ICOs raise their full amount of money in the first round then you see the founders out driving lambos and going on kick ass vacations and never actually getting around to doing what they promised (why would they? they have the money). With holding a reserve, Blue Frontiers has the incentive to do well so that they can sell the tokens down the road to continue the project.

Everyone in the project wants this to happen, it's not about the money but the vision.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:29:29 AM

I see that you have so much strategic partnerships lined up and even some from crypto world. Do you plan to have all services on island to be offered by crypto world?That would be really cool to go full crypto Cheesy

This has been my role as a volunteer for Blue Frontiers to push for as much blockchain based solutions for anything and everything happening on the seastead.

I see the seastead as an incubator for all sorts of new blockchain companies. If you're coming to the seastead, be ready to experience the latest technology in the crypto space. Even if at times it is a bit confusing and in the early stages of "ease of use"  Wink

Varyon can become the hub that all of these companies need to go through to get their solutions paid for since everyone will already be using it. Even though in the private businesses they can accept any currency.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:31:11 AM

You must conduct a bounty campaign to promote. Cool

There is now a bounty program  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3742962.0

Epsky012

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:03:17 AM

any bounty for newbie ?
Babu Bhatt

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:43:46 PM

Looks like an interesting project, do you have bounty campaign going on that accepts newbie accounts?

There will be a bounty program. Coming soon (TM).

Very original idea,havent seen something like that before.You decided about location of first of those islands?

We are working on putting the first pilot project in French Polynesia in a protected lagoon in paradise.

Do you plan any airdrops?
Art Vandelay

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:57:04 PM

any bounty for newbie ?

You should be able to join social part of campaign like twitter,facebook,medium posts.Its a nice way to get some easy tokens.
TrifonIvanov

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:10:22 PM

The reserve is there for spending at certain milestones. If the ICO raises the maximum amount that should be enough for all of the engineering and prototyping to get at least the first seastead in the water. The reserves will be sold down the road to build more seasteads.

The thinking behind this is that so many of these ICOs raise their full amount of money in the first round then you see the founders out driving lambos and going on kick ass vacations and never actually getting around to doing what they promised (why would they? they have the money). With holding a reserve, Blue Frontiers has the incentive to do well so that they can sell the tokens down the road to continue the project.

Everyone in the project wants this to happen, it's not about the money but the vision.

I agree with this approach,so many ICOs only goal is to reach hard cap,like they cant get funds sometimes later,during progress.And if project goes good,team tokens will worth even more so they can sell some tokens to fund project further.
Memmoria

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:30:14 PM

Some serious and unique project as far as i can see. you have much work to do to make this happen. I will follow your project for further updates.

Thats true,incredibly ambitious project,but i wish them all the best.

You mentioned earlier that minimum amount during sale will be 1 ETH.Any chance for that to be lower,so more people can join,and therefore spread the awareness about this project?
WillerTex

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:43:23 PM

Whats the story behind token name Varyon,as i see project is called Blue Frontiers?
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 05:17:44 PM

Some serious and unique project as far as i can see. you have much work to do to make this happen. I will follow your project for further updates.

Thats true,incredibly ambitious project,but i wish them all the best.

You mentioned earlier that minimum amount during sale will be 1 ETH.Any chance for that to be lower,so more people can join,and therefore spread the awareness about this project?

I'm not certain that it's 1 ETH, I don't think they've made that decision yet but that's the number I keep hearing. They can only go so low because they have to do KYC/AML for every person and that costs money per person.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 05:21:28 PM

Whats the story behind token name Varyon,as i see project is called Blue Frontiers?

The company name is Blue Frontiers. We wanted a unique name for the token so that people would be able to recognize it and not confuse it with something else.

The name Varyon is a play on the word variation...representing the wide variation in governments we're hoping pop up on the many seasteads.

EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:59:13 PM

any bounty for newbie ?

Ahh, just checked and no luck for newbies after all.Would be nice if more projects would allow newbies to participate in bounty's, but I understand the reasoning behind that decision.
Londondungeon

Activity: 192

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:01:50 PM

This has been my role as a volunteer for Blue Frontiers to push for as much blockchain based solutions for anything and everything happening on the seastead.

I see the seastead as an incubator for all sorts of new [Suspicious link removed]panies. If you're coming to the seastead, be ready to experience the latest technology in the crypto space. Even if at times it is a bit confusing and in the early stages of "ease of use"  Wink

Varyon can become the hub that all of these companies need to go through to get their solutions paid for since everyone will already be using it. Even though in the private businesses they can accept any currency.

That is awesome Cheesy Now I like this project even more.Finally that we see some projects are trying to create complete crypto space.If this happens we might even see some smaller cities try this.I would even move to some small mountain village if the vision would be full crypto Cheesy
JeffTheMan

Activity: 247

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:04:55 PM

Thanks for reassuring me, I see you understand at what was I aiming initially Cheesy So that means that later there will be more sale events if I understood you properly.Would that be private sales or public ones in later stages if you will need to sell more?
DtpNumbered

Activity: 117

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:04:11 PM

Since nobody shared the introduction video with basic information about Varyon, I thought it would be good to have it here on forum also, for lazy people who don't have a habit of researching a bit more. Share it on other platforms also Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=33&v=LwCu4IuSmvc
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: