Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 09:18:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][VAR] 🐬 Blue Frontiers (VARYON) - Sustainable floating islands 🐬  (Read 26094 times)
Londondungeon

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:01:44 PM

I was wondering what is the actual price per token in USD?
Katsouranis

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:00:47 PM

I think VAR is pegged to ETH,1 ETH=14750 VAR.
Welsh
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4113

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:29:35 PM

How are you going about providing clean potable water to the residents? Normally, potable water is provided via water mains on land, and are sterilized with chemicals such as chlorine . However, the people behind the project seem adamant that climate change is a problem, and that you could relocate relatively easy. Then how are you going to transport your potable water?

You could go the desalination route just like cruise ships do, although this has proven costly. Eventually, you could have the need for a lot of potable water which might not be easily processed through desalination. Desalination has also been linked with climate change which I'm sure the people behind your project don't want to actively encourage.

I'm guessing that you will be collecting rainwater for a source of potable rain water with the involvement of American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association. Although, I would have my concerns about using rainfall for potable water. For example, it's very difficult to determine the amount of rainfall that might happen, and whether it will be enough to supply your ongoing residents. You could have dry days/weeks etc which could be a massive issue. What are your backup plans if rain fall doesn't alone provide enough to your residents?
What sort of capacity will your water reserve be holding?

I've skimmed your whitepaper, and haven't found you going into detail about water systems, water consumptions and contingency plans. I consider water to one of the most important aspects, and one which is often overlooked. I'm also interested in the system you will be using to determine how much maintenance, and how long it would take for the initial investment to prove while.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:36:03 AM

How are you going about providing clean potable water to the residents? Normally, potable water is provided via water mains on land, and are sterilized with chemicals such as chlorine . However, the people behind the project seem adamant that climate change is a problem, and that you could relocate relatively easy. Then how are you going to transport your potable water?

You could go the desalination route just like cruise ships do, although this has proven costly. Eventually, you could have the need for a lot of potable water which might not be easily processed through desalination. Desalination has also been linked with climate change which I'm sure the people behind your project don't want to actively encourage.

I'm guessing that you will be collecting rainwater for a source of potable rain water with the involvement of American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association. Although, I would have my concerns about using rainfall for potable water. For example, it's very difficult to determine the amount of rainfall that might happen, and whether it will be enough to supply your ongoing residents. You could have dry days/weeks etc which could be a massive issue. What are your backup plans if rain fall doesn't alone provide enough to your residents?

I've skimmed your whitepaper, and haven't found you going into detail about water systems, water consumptions and contingency plans. I consider water to one of the most important aspects, and one which is often overlooked. I'm also interested in the system you will be using to determine how much maintenance, and how long it would take for the initial investment to prove while.

All great questions and we have a full team that has been focusing on nothing but water/waste for the past year. Since I am in the blockchain group I will not try to cover all of the insanely complicated things those guys discuss in their group because I just peeked into one of their meetings once and sat through three hours of talk about poop and the stages of how it goes from stinky to useful soil.

I have heard a few things in the general discussion about rainfall catchment and storage being built into the design and a very heated discussion about not allowing any higher salinity to return to the sea than we take out (minimal impact vs zero impact vs positive impact, etc.). In the lagoon we hope to leave it better than when we arrive.

Fortunately the teams are putting together an easy to understand infographic about more of the design elements (the whitepaper is more about the currency and general idea of the company than anything specific about the design). This will also include a full report by each of the design groups that they submitted at the end of 2017 with their recommendations.

And as with all of these systems we will initially be very close to land so we will certainly have backups in place as we evolve and grow.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Hilderman

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:10:34 AM

Can we buy using BTC ,or you accept ETH only?
Babu Bhatt

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:19:56 AM

I think they accept both BTC and ETH during presale.
alexcbobr

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:22:20 AM

I wanted to go to the site but for some reason I get an error. I hope this is temporary. but the project is interesting for me. and I most likely will take part in it
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 12:35:46 PM

I wanted to go to the site but for some reason I get an error. I hope this is temporary. but the project is interesting for me. and I most likely will take part in it

If varyon.io does not work, it is just pointing to:
https://www.blue-frontiers.com/varyon

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Mladiornitolog

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:17:24 PM

If varyon.io does not work, it is just pointing to:
https://www.blue-frontiers.com/varyon

Both sites work for me without any issues.Possible that it was some temporary issue...
EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:24:22 PM

All great questions and we have a full team that has been focusing on nothing but water/waste for the past year. Since I am in the blockchain group I will not try to cover all of the insanely complicated things those guys discuss in their group because I just peeked into one of their meetings once and sat through three hours of talk about poop and the stages of how it goes from stinky to useful soil.

I have heard a few things in the general discussion about rainfall catchment and storage being built into the design and a very heated discussion about not allowing any higher salinity to return to the sea than we take out (minimal impact vs zero impact vs positive impact, etc.). In the lagoon we hope to leave it better than when we arrive.

Fortunately the teams are putting together an easy to understand infographic about more of the design elements (the whitepaper is more about the currency and general idea of the company than anything specific about the design). This will also include a full report by each of the design groups that they submitted at the end of 2017 with their recommendations.

And as with all of these systems we will initially be very close to land so we will certainly have backups in place as we evolve and grow.

Important question and I would say good enough answer for the time.I understand how big this project is and we can't expect from our dear Elwar to know every tiny bit for each sector and possible problems of this project, but doing pretty good info to keep us informed as best as possible. Though it is good that these kind of questions are raised already as it is important to know how team thinks and tackles possible problems.Also lot of people here that show interest in this project are eco-friendly most likely so naturally environmental questions will be present.

What I am also interested in is how is the island actually relocatable? What will move and island?
DtpNumbered

Activity: 117
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:26:32 PM

|\___/|
   /          \
  /_.~  ~,_\   - The project has been successfully listed at FOXICO
       \@/
https://foxico.io/project/varyonbybluefrontiers

Thank you for promoting the project.Every exposure is welcome and everyone interested in this awesome project Cheesy
Kavorka

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:06:52 PM

Do youh ave any vesting period for team tokens,and if yes,for how long?
Hilderman

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:22:21 PM

I think they accept both BTC and ETH during presale.

Ok,thank you for the answer.What is the price of 1 token?
Londondungeon

Activity: 192

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:50:10 PM

That is a good question, would be good to have some vesting period for team tokens to ensure no suspicious actions.
Memmoria

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:53:27 PM

That is a good question, would be good to have some vesting period for team tokens to ensure no suspicious actions.

Yes,locking team tokens is a must nowdays,i would say for atleast 1 year.
Welsh
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4113

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:24:32 PM

Important question and I would say good enough answer for the time.I understand how big this project is and we can't expect from our dear Elwar to know every tiny bit for each sector and possible problems of this project, but doing pretty good info to keep us informed as best as possible. Though it is good that these kind of questions are raised already as it is important to know how team thinks and tackles possible problems.Also lot of people here that show interest in this project are eco-friendly most likely so naturally environmental questions will be present.

What I am also interested in is how is the island actually relocatable? What will move and island?
Yeah, I appreciated the response. But, will be looking forward to more in depth information about it. Obviously, they will be close to land, but getting the rights for a permanent source of water can be a problem. Most water mains would need to be underground, and that would cost quite a bit, and would likely be unpractical for such a project. If they are getting most of their water from rainfall there's also issues with pressure & flow which when a lot of people are drawing off the system could be troublesome, as this is the case for gravity fed mains too. 
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 12:43:13 PM

Find out the top 20 blockchain solutions we're looking at for the seasteads here:

http://bitcoingirlthailand.com/2018/05/18/bitcoin-girl-thailand-at-techinasia-2018-in-singapore-discusses-blockchain-and-seasteading/

Pipilla

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:01:39 PM

What you plan to do with unsold tokens?Maybe burn them?
Memmoria

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:23:31 PM

What is the current bonus for those that wants to join sale now?

I don't think that there is a bonus available, but it is possible that if you contact them and invest larger sum that team might offer you some kind of a bonus.

There is a bonus in presale after all.It is from 5%-15% it seems.

I like the bonus.Its good enough to make people invest early,but not too big to cause dump after listing
Art Vandelay

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:34:38 PM

Do you already have all permits needed for something like this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: