Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:36:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][VAR] 🐬 Blue Frontiers (VARYON) - Sustainable floating islands 🐬  (Read 26079 times)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 08:39:04 AM

New article in the bitcoinist

This Cryptocurrency is funding an autonomous sea dwelling community

With a great video explaining the project quite well.

https://youtu.be/tPIKR8UDDgo

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
MaggieMcGill

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:10:53 AM

Great to see that this unique project is getting attention!
Memmoria

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:38:54 AM

What will be the price of one of those settlements?
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:18:51 AM

Elwar I know that you claim that you aren't hired by Blue Frontiers but surely they have a Representative that could ask all the questions and engage with it's community a little more?

If you are telling you truth you are literally doing someones job for them and not receiving any benefit at all.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 03:43:10 PM

Elwar I know that you claim that you aren't hired by Blue Frontiers but surely they have a Representative that could ask all the questions and engage with it's community a little more?

If you are telling you truth you are literally doing someones job for them and not receiving any benefit at all.

I have been volunteering for Blue Frontiers since last May. They have over 70 volunteers that have been spending the past year supporting the project since they opened up the volunteer program. We literally turn people away who want to volunteer for the group to not overwhelm the group with too many new people each week who would need to be caught up. At least until we start getting things going.

I have been involved in seasteading for the past 10 years and this is the first viable project to come along. I am doing everything I can to make it happen, even moving to French Polynesia to lend my support as needed.

For me, the benefit will be a potential future free of the government idiocy that we all have to live with every day. I put in many hours for various libertarian candidates, this is no different.

Answering a few questions is no big deal, I did the same thing for Bitcoin in the early days.

There is a team of people on various social media sites answering questions. I told them I would handle bitcointalk since I'm on here all the time anyway. In theory they would give me some varyon for my work if I claimed my hours but what's more important for me is the success of this project.

If there is more engaging with the community necessary I can certainly ask others on the team to chime in. They hang out mostly on our telegram channel if you want quicker answers to any questions.

https://t.me/bluefrontierscommunity

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 03:46:53 PM

There has been an evolving number over the past year due to different designs. Mainly the 25x25m platforms were estimated to cost around $10 million. But I've seen that they are doing different variations with bungalows and condos, so they might be priced differently.

Nothing will really be set in stone until all of the engineering and design is done which is the main bulk of what the ICO funds will go toward. But the goal is to average around $200k per person to live there.

HiLander

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

When does the sale actually start?Is there a date somewhere?

From all of the talk I have heard it sounds like they will start the public sale once we reach the soft cap of 4000 ETH (don't quote me on this, it is more reading between the lines than anyone actually saying it).

From my e-mail, we have a new announcement of a lowered threshold for the presales:

Since we opened the Varyon presale we’ve been overwhelmed by positive feedback and pledges totaling thousands of Ether.

In response to many personal requests from our supporters, we’ve decided to lower the entry threshold and adjust the bonus structure for the remainder of the presale.

Buy in now!

Varyon Presale

New Minimum: 1 ETH

Bonuses

5%  1-10 ETH

10%  10-40 ETH

15%  40+ ETH

You can buy VAR in BTC, ETH, or ZEN.

Don’t know how to change fiat into ETH and buy Varyon?  

Read the buyer’s guide here

I would suggest getting in quickly, this past week has been big as far as publicity and they're just getting started.

m/2018/05/18/floating-island-is-planned-with-government-cryptocurrency-and-houses.html?bx_sender_conversion_id=193212&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=this_message_is_for_the_courageous_ones_only]CNBC

Business Insider

Bitcoin.com

News BTC

They are also allowing accredited US investors now, so if you are an accredited US investor (net worth of $1 million or income of $200k the past 2 years) you are free to buy VAR.

Wow, great news here Cheesy This will sure attract a lot more people now, some bonuses and lesser minimum required Cheesy Can you share info about how much funds has been raised already or that's a no go?
Londondungeon

Activity: 192

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:07:04 PM

Great article and nice to see project is being promoted in public.Kinda backtracking to your previous video about 20 areas for blockchain integration on island.About polling one- have you heard about ClearPoll Elwar?
Mladiornitolog

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:10:22 PM

When does the sale actually start?Is there a date somewhere?

From all of the talk I have heard it sounds like they will start the public sale once we reach the soft cap of 4000 ETH (don't quote me on this, it is more reading between the lines than anyone actually saying it).

From my e-mail, we have a new announcement of a lowered threshold for the presales:

Since we opened the Varyon presale we’ve been overwhelmed by positive feedback and pledges totaling thousands of Ether.

In response to many personal requests from our supporters, we’ve decided to lower the entry threshold and adjust the bonus structure for the remainder of the presale.

Buy in now!

Varyon Presale

New Minimum: 1 ETH

Bonuses

5%  1-10 ETH

10%  10-40 ETH

15%  40+ ETH

You can buy VAR in BTC, ETH, or ZEN.

Don’t know how to change fiat into ETH and buy Varyon?  

Read the buyer’s guide here

I would suggest getting in quickly, this past week has been big as far as publicity and they're just getting started.

m/2018/05/18/floating-island-is-planned-with-government-cryptocurrency-and-houses.html?bx_sender_conversion_id=193212&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=this_message_is_for_the_courageous_ones_only]CNBC

Business Insider

Bitcoin.com

News BTC

They are also allowing accredited US investors now, so if you are an accredited US investor (net worth of $1 million or income of $200k the past 2 years) you are free to buy VAR.

Great to see that minimum investment has been significantly lowered, this will get more people willing to invest and that is most important thing to happen for project to be successful at the moment.Good to see that team is making good decision and showing flexibility Cheesy
DtpNumbered

Activity: 117

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:51:22 PM

I have been volunteering for Blue Frontiers since last May. They have over 70 volunteers that have been spending the past year supporting the project since they opened up the volunteer program. We literally turn people away who want to volunteer for the group to not overwhelm the group with too many new people each week who would need to be caught up. At least until we start getting things going.

I have been involved in seasteading for the past 10 years and this is the first viable project to come along. I am doing everything I can to make it happen, even moving to French Polynesia to lend my support as needed.

For me, the benefit will be a potential future free of the government idiocy that we all have to live with every day. I put in many hours for various libertarian candidates, this is no different.

Answering a few questions is no big deal, I did the same thing for Bitcoin in the early days.

There is a team of people on various social media sites answering questions. I told them I would handle bitcointalk since I'm on here all the time anyway. In theory they would give me some varyon for my work if I claimed my hours but what's more important for me is the success of this project.

If there is more engaging with the community necessary I can certainly ask others on the team to chime in. They hang out mostly on our telegram channel if you want quicker answers to any questions.

how can we volunteer for the project and support it? What does team need or could use in terms of volunteers at the moment?
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:50:18 PM

I wanted to know more so I went to  https://www.blue-frontiers.com/en/varyon and it seems you have to give them all your information before you're able to buy the tokens or sign up. That's a bit discouraging. I like the project but I'm usually very careful about sites that want more than my email.
PuryLock

Activity: 350
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:48:16 PM

There has been an evolving number over the past year due to different designs. Mainly the 25x25m platforms were estimated to cost around $10 million. But I've seen that they are doing different variations with bungalows and condos, so they might be priced differently.

Nothing will really be set in stone until all of the engineering and design is done which is the main bulk of what the ICO funds will go toward. But the goal is to average around $200k per person to live there.

How far away from the shore will those settlements be?
nurysan

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:39:09 AM

wish you the best for this project, hopefully can all go smoothly and its sales also could achieve the targeted results, and best wishes for his future will be a growing number of investors who are interested in this project, a success for future projects.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 04:13:37 AM

how can we volunteer for the project and support it? What does team need or could use in terms of volunteers at the moment?

Right now the main focus is on the ICO so creating content and spreading the word through the Bounty program is probably the best way.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3742962.0;topicseen

If you have some expertise you would like to contribute, please contact Blue Frontiers here:
https://www.blue-frontiers.com/en/contact

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 04:22:27 AM

I wanted to know more so I went to  https://www.blue-frontiers.com/en/varyon and it seems you have to give them all your information before you're able to buy the tokens or sign up. That's a bit discouraging. I like the project but I'm usually very careful about sites that want more than my email.

If you just want more information you can sign up on that link at the bottom or subscribe on this link at the bottom: https://www.blue-frontiers.com
to get on the mailing list.

The company will be doing full KYC/AML for the sale so they will definitely be taking information for that.

Being an actual physical company building real world physical things they have to follow more regulations than just utility tokens. We talked to more lawyers than we had ever hoped to talk to about all of this. Being a Singapore company with founders in 4 different countries building in French Polynesia and likely more countries, it was not your typical out of the box company. Blue Frontiers is erring on the side of caution by taking every step necessary to follow the letter of the law on this. Some ICOs have had to return the funds raised and none of the founders want to go to jail for violating the law.

Hopefully through seasteading we can introduce a bit more freedom in governance so that things like KYC/AML are something we look back at and laugh about.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 04:29:40 AM

How far away from the shore will those settlements be?

We are still vetting several locations in French Polynesia. I will personally be going to sites, likely in July, to do some depth testing, some aerial viewing, etc. to see how viable the locations are.

The plan is to find a location that is as calm as possible while still fairly close to shore within a protected lagoon. It would likely only be out a few hundred meters to begin with. They will also be taking into account the coral reef and ensuring that we locate it in a place that has zero impact (unless helpful) to the wildlife in the lagoon.

Dobolen

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:22:24 AM

I hope the ICO in this project can go smoothly and quickly achieved success with a large number of support for this project.

DEFLEXCHANGE   is the First Deflationary Cryptocurrency Exchange
https://www.deflexchange.com
HiLander

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:49:46 AM

That is called KYC and it's almost standard today for project to go for it.Brings more transparency to the project.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 06:48:55 AM

Great article and nice to see project is being promoted in public.Kinda backtracking to your previous video about 20 areas for blockchain integration on island.About polling one- have you heard about ClearPoll Elwar?

I checked it out and that's about what we should be looking for to get a consensus of what people support on the seastead.

Though I can understand why they did so, their code is not open source. For any major vote I would want to ensure that the system is open and transparent. But for getting a feel for how people feel this is a great app.

I wrote one of the first voting systems for Bitcoin many years back and have seen many different products since. The blockchain is a great tool for open/secure voting.

Londondungeon

Activity: 192

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:35:09 AM

I checked it out and that's about what we should be looking for to get a consensus of what people support on the seastead.

Though I can understand why they did so, their code is not open source. For any major vote I would want to ensure that the system is open and transparent. But for getting a feel for how people feel this is a great app.

I wrote one of the first voting systems for Bitcoin many years back and have seen many different products since. The blockchain is a great tool for open/secure voting.

Aha, so you are looking only for open source so you can check the code?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: